2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

SC silencer

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
So you want to annoy people, that statement right there sounds like the guy with a Honda who just cuts off his muffler.....
no, some people may want it louder cause it sounds cool as ****. cutting off a muffler is a bit different because it's illegal and way above the 90~decibel limit law alot of states have, you won't ever get the supercharger that loud and it's usually only loud at wot which isn't that often

Originally Posted by damien
Don't worry, I got the joke the minute he posted that.
i was about to get worried

Last edited by selfinfliction; 03-03-2007 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
no, some people may want it louder cause it sounds cool as ****. cutting off a muffler is a bit different because it's illegal and way above the 90~decibel limit law alot of states have, you won't ever get the supercharger that loud and it's usually only loud at wot which isn't that often

i was about to get worried
honestly its cool, you can hear it. but if you make it REALLY loud... how is that cool as ****? i just dont get this mentality...

why dont you get a fake BOV while your at it.....
Old 03-03-2007, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by uthinkimodd
are you talking about these holes? if it doesn't improve performance what's the point???? that''s like the people that only want a turbo so they can have a BOV

yeah the two holes on the side of the big hole are them. i believe you can have them filled in while you have it ported and polished. my friend has a lighting and did it to his. i dont think they used jb weld on it but it turned out awsome and it sounds like a beast!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by damien
Don't worry, I got the joke the minute he posted that.
ok, i am a *******, i missed it
Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM

man i would love to do this to mine, i want my S/C as LOUD as possible!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Same here. I would love to louden my charger, but i don't want to sacrifice reliability at the same time.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
That would be kind of cool. To get that even louder SC whine. That would be sexy.

Hmmm, for those of us thinking of the twin screw SC swap....just think about that.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you want to annoy people, that statement right there sounds like the guy with a Honda who just cuts off his muffler.....
No, i want it because just like selfinfliction said, it sounds cool as ****. The intake makes it loud, but some want louder.

honestly its cool, you can hear it. but if you make it REALLY loud... how is that cool as ****? i just dont get this mentality...

Well for one, its cool. Two, most people have NO IDEA what it is. Three, it makes people wonder WTF is done to that thing.

Before I had my exhaust, people would constantly ask me what was done to my car because my blower was louder then most cars out there, including some nasty WRX exhausts.

As for the fake BOV, you know damn well if you had a turbo you would want the loudest blow off vavle you can get your hands on.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 AM

good to see the usual ******* comments some people have to make. WTF people it is thier car let them do what the **** they want. No wonder people leave this site everyday.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by kenhebe
Has anybody here filled in the s/c silencers on their s/c. I am going to be doing it today. I did it on my Cobra and it made it ungodly loud. Just curious to see if anybody else here has done it and how much louder it is. It does not give you any more boost, just makes the scream of the s/ more prominent

Man go for it. I like the sound of the S/C screaming. I wouldnt mind hearing a sound clip, and seeing some pics on before and after.

Now when a boosted Teg comes by and does his bov trick now we can do a little Showing off of our own.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by 06lasersss/c
good to see the usual ******* comments some people have to make. WTF people it is thier car let them do what the **** they want. No wonder people leave this site everyday.
x2.... its kind of demoralizing,

to the original poster.. GO FOR IT!! i definatley wanna see how this turns out/ sounds!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Banned

because a fake bov is stupid. with your mentality it would be stupid to buy any exhaust that makes more noise than the stock. so no one should buy an exhaust because it sounds cool, everyone should just buy the quietest possible muffler on the market, and forget about getting one with a nice tone on it
Old 03-04-2007, 10:02 AM

now you're just getting silly and over reacting.

the reasons exhaust systems are louder is cause they are more free flowing and are in no way comparable to making a SC louder without any gains. I didn't put the exhaust on my car cause I wanted the cops to hear me coming from further away.
I'm not completely knocking your idea down but honestly I would be disapointed if I heard you SC whining at idle then when we got in a race see that you really had nothing anymore impressive than a supercharger that didn't whine so much. it would kinda have the possibility to make you look ricey. now if you're whining like mad and tada under the hood a KB twin screw ready to **** somones world up that would be great.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

the reasons exhaust systems are louder is cause they are more free flowing and are in no way comparable to making a SC louder without any gains. I didn't put the exhaust on my car cause I wanted the cops to hear me coming from further away.
I'm not completely knocking your idea down but honestly I would be disapointed if I heard you SC whining at idle then when we got in a race see that you really had nothing anymore impressive than a supercharger that didn't whine so much. it would kinda have the possibility to make you look ricey. now if you're whining like mad and tada under the hood a KB twin screw ready to **** somones world up that would be great.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 AM

Agreed.

Originally Posted by 06lasersss/c
Not being an ******* just stating facts. No wonder more and more people make fun of this car everyday...

"you hear they are taking off their sc silencers to make them louder, what newbs"

Last edited by CobaltBurst; 03-04-2007 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2007, 10:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Agreed.

Not being an ******* just stating facts. No wonder more and more people make fun of this car everyday...

"you hear they are taking off their sc silencers to make them louder, what newbs"
Its no different than people running open headers, or getting loud mufflers, or having loud BOVs. People, who are serious do it all the time.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

no i'm not over reacting, you said yourself making something loud was a dumb mentality. what about my neighbor buying a magnaflow exhaust instead of a borla that he put on last week on his $50,000 gt500? he didn't do it for performance, because they both put out similar numbers, but the magnaflow sounds alot better.

I will get right over there and let him know that you don't approve of his exhaust

as for the being disappointed thing... this is what's wrong with everyone here and i say it all the time. the majority of the people on here are so worried about what other people think about their cars. who cares if you race someone and lose, i have a car that would take out every single cobalt on this forum, yet i still bought 2 cobalts and my sister bought one at the same time too. and i bet you that someone has a car on here that could take out my turbo stang with ease... who cares though man, i do stuff to my cars because i want to, not because i worry about what people think.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
^^^^ amen brotha
Old 03-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
no i'm not over reacting, you said yourself making something loud was a dumb mentality. what about my neighbor buying a magnaflow exhaust instead of a borla that he put on last week on his $50,000 gt500? he didn't do it for performance, because they both put out similar numbers, but the magnaflow sounds alot better.

I will get right over there and let him know that you don't approve of his exhaust

as for the being disappointed thing... this is what's wrong with everyone here and i say it all the time. the majority of the people on here are so worried about what other people think about their cars. who cares if you race someone and lose, i have a car that would take out every single cobalt on this forum, yet i still bought 2 cobalts and my sister bought one at the same time too. and i bet you that someone has a car on here that could take out my turbo stang with ease... who cares though man, i do stuff to my cars because i want to, not because i worry about what people think.
Its just common courtesy to not purposely annoy people for no reason. 90% of people will be annoyed by the loudness 10% may think wow thats cool....

Do as you wish, defintely not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to suggest not being so self-centered/annoying.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:24 PM

If you want a louder S/C whine, couldn't you get that from making a short-ram intake instead of the CAI? Just put the filter on a short pipe off the S/C
Old 03-04-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Its no different than people running open headers, or getting loud mufflers, or having loud BOVs. People, who are serious do it all the time.

Yea b/c it yeilds gains.... not just a louder sound............
Old 03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Banned

Its just common courtesy to not purposely annoy people for no reason. 90% of people will be annoyed by the loudness 10% may think wow thats cool....

Do as you wish, defintely not trying to tell you what to do, just trying to suggest not being so self-centered/annoying.
oh people are definitely more annoyed by the loud supercharger running down the road wide open than they are by someone running wide open down a highway with a quite supercharger LOL... they'll just ignore the stupidity of the drivers and concentrate on the sounds

Originally Posted by RedSSBaltSC
If you want a louder S/C whine, couldn't you get that from making a short-ram intake instead of the CAI? Just put the filter on a short pipe off the S/C
you could but it would be sucking in hot air from the engine bay and that means more knock.

Last edited by selfinfliction; 03-04-2007 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-04-2007, 04:38 PM

Yeah, but if someones talkin about JBwelding ****, they obviously dont care about it too much and just want to take the short route...just my 2 cents
Old 03-04-2007, 04:56 PM

I knew that those holes were simply to make the blower quieter, and when I ported mine I didn't touch those slits. I was thinking about getting a small aluminum plate welded over each hole, but ran out of time and didn't get a chance to do it. I am definatly going to cover those holes now!!!! Here's a pic of how I ported mine.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by RedSSBaltSC
Yeah, but if someones talkin about JBwelding ****, they obviously dont care about it too much and just want to take the short route...just my 2 cents
I know it sounds like a cheap fix, but I manage a collision center and have done this before on my Cobra. I drover it like that for over 90,000 miles. Trust me. I really understant where you are coming from and I am usually the first one to call someone out when they are hacking up their car, but this actually works.

On a side note, I did not have time to get this done this weekend, but when I do I will take lots and lots of pictures for everyone.

Quick Reply: SC silencer