2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Some clarification please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some clarification please!

Just earlier I have read up to a stage 5 cobalt SS. What do the different stages consist of? I have raced a stage 2 with many other suporting mods, but now I hear up to a stage 5. I read about guy earlier that I thought was maxing out his stock motor with a stage 3 and a few other supporting mods. Could some one break this down for me? HP the engine can take, HP the blower can take and so forth. How small a pulley can you go and how much boost does that equate or can handle? Just so I have a better knowledge of what I run into or go up against in the future? Thank you, Tyler

PS, I hope this is in the right section.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:46 PM

Dang you have alot of searching to do. Either start searching or go to your Chevy Dealer and buy the Ecotec 2.0 LSJ Power Book. It goes really detail about what our engines come with and what they can handle. I will tell you this, from what I read from this book, our 2.0's can handle up to 500hp on stock internals. But heres the twist, the supercharger acts just like and engine. It can only handle so many rpms. The smaller the supercharger pulley, the more rpms it will turn. Im not sure the smallest pulley you can run but I do remember seeing it on these forums at one point.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:58 PM

I guess I should be more clear. I understand how superchargers work and all that good stuff. I understand what up to a stage 2 kit is. I am not looking to buy one since I already have fast enough car. I just want to know what stage 3/4/and 5 kits are. I tried searching 4 with no avail when I saw that. Then I saw someone with a stage 5 kit in their sig and decided to ask the question.

Many people in one of the secitons was saying that one of the members had a stage 3 with a 50 shot and would put down right around 330WHP and they were all saying he had to be more worried about is rods and lower end then his axles.Thats why I was curious about the whole what a motor can take.

For example I drive an LS2 GTO and our lower ends are pushing it hard core between 600 and 700 wheel HP. There are numerous goats out there in the upper 500 range comfortably.

I will number my questions if that makes it easier for anyone.

1) How much boost can the stock blower put out?
2) How small of a pulley can you put on there to get that amount of boost.
3) what is included in a stage 3 kit
4) What is included in a stage 4 kit
5) What is included in a stage 5 kit

The one I ran had stage 2 with smaller pulley, cobra heat exchanger, injectors, custome tune and a few other goodies. Was good for around 270ish WHP. Just want to know what comes after that! I know nitrous is not stage 3/4/and 5 LOL. Tyler
Old 06-20-2007, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
I guess I should be more clear. I understand how superchargers work and all that good stuff. I understand what up to a stage 2 kit is. I am not looking to buy one since I already have fast enough car. I just want to know what stage 3/4/and 5 kits are. I tried searching 4 with no avail when I saw that. Then I saw someone with a stage 5 kit in their sig and decided to ask the question.

Many people in one of the secitons was saying that one of the members had a stage 3 with a 50 shot and would put down right around 330WHP and they were all saying he had to be more worried about is rods and lower end then his axles.Thats why I was curious about the whole what a motor can take.

For example I drive an LS2 GTO and our lower ends are pushing it hard core between 600 and 700 wheel HP. There are numerous goats out there in the upper 500 range comfortably.

I will number my questions if that makes it easier for anyone.

1) How much boost can the stock blower put out?
2) How small of a pulley can you put on there to get that amount of boost.
3) what is included in a stage 3 kit
4) What is included in a stage 4 kit
5) What is included in a stage 5 kit

The one I ran had stage 2 with smaller pulley, cobra heat exchanger, injectors, custome tune and a few other goodies. Was good for around 270ish WHP. Just want to know what comes after that! I know nitrous is not stage 3/4/and 5 LOL. Tyler
If you search for stage 3 you will find what you are looking for.

As far as Stage 4 and 5; those aren't GMPP kits they are kits which are sold by other manufacturers such as Tag or Intense.