2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ss/sc bov..

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hockeyman
quit saying it's never been attempted. Someone on the redline forums did it.
How about sharing the details then?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:03 PM

QUOTE=BeermanSSSC;2395143]buy a cd of bov's and play it in your car really loud.

psssssssssh................psssssssssssssssssh.... ..................pssssssssssssssssssssh.......... ..............psssssssssssssssshitty idea[/QUOTE]

and why dont you just go turbo for the sound??

...other wise i think the sc whine is nice as it is...
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 PM

Anyway you could just hook the bov to an adaptor in between the supercharger and intake manifold?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hockeyman
quit saying it's never been attempted. Someone on the redline forums did it.
then ****** read what i said.. i said i never seen anyone do it on here( as in cobaltss.net), ive seen it talked about a lot of times but never attempted.. now show me when i said it has never been attempted ever on a cobalt ss or redline.. but since u know all about it.. did it work?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 AM

Haven't had the chance to read this yet but it appears this guy has a Eaton 3000gt with a BOV?? Wonder how he got that set up? ...let me go do some reading...

http://www.3si.org/forum/f53/eaton-s...g-stop-401303/

Last edited by Perfect.disguise; 06-01-2008 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Put on a train horn. less money. more fun.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Premium Member

I'm really suprised how many people want to do this . Why not carry around an air tank hooked to a piece of pipe with a BOV on the end .
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by rukkee
I'm really suprised how many people want to do this . Why not carry around an air tank hooked to a piece of pipe with a BOV on the end .
its just somethin diff man.. im just curious to find out if its possible.. prolly along with everyone else thats interested in it too
Old 06-01-2008, 01:52 AM

Twin charge for you buddy. $5,000, possibly more, with all the mods you'd have to have put on for it though including the kit itself. Props to you for trying something different though. That seems to be the anti-christ of this site in some situations. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
Twin charge for you buddy. $5,000, possibly more, with all the mods you'd have to have put on for it though including the kit itself. Props to you for trying something different though. That seems to be the anti-christ of this site in some situations. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
thought about actually goin twincharged.. but couldnt find anywhere where it actually shows what gains youd get and how safe it is to run.. but i dont know about ti bein more then $5k,k i was estimating around $3500 at the most, which includes the zzp twincharged kit(
Old 06-01-2008, 02:01 AM
Platinum Member

3,500 is a bit low, i was thinking around 5-6k too. what all did you price besides the kit to get it to 3,500?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...ayphotohosting
Old 06-01-2008, 02:06 AM

Bah. Plan on upgrading your internals. If not, plan on buying a new engine. They may have dug 350 whp outta a stock motor w/catback, but that **** won't last long at all. Neither will a stock clutch. A good clutch alone will cost you $1000. Their kit doesn't even come with the turbo, bov, or wastegate. You have to buy that seperate, which is pure bull **** to me. I was going to get it, but I don't have the time to have it put on and then dealing with the number 4 rod hanging out the bottom of the engine. I'm getting the twin screw so I don't have to upgrade internals, just good cooling and breathing mods. And a clutch.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:44 AM

Its not possible. You would have to some how tap the intake manifold, but not have any leaks. If you can do that. you would then have to have it recirculate back to the intake(but after the maf sensor) or else the car will ******* hate you and not run correctly. Then, if you get that sorta out, you would actually have a car that is slower than before. oh yeah, you would also have to disable the stock bypass valve somehow. the fact that your saying that you want to try this shows how little you know about your car.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D1%26hl%3Den

you could run a bov if our supercharger was setup like this because there is actual piping to mount to, but once again, it would be pointless.

******* ricers.......
Old 06-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Platinum Member

haha that would be funny to see someone driving around with that, it would be so obvious too with the way it mounts, maybe if you took off part of our exhaust and welded it in some how. i say if you like the sound of a turbo....they turbocharge it or don't mess with it
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 AM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
Shoot yourself. After the bullet comes out the otherside... you'll hear a pssshhhh from all the air that's in your skull.
Old 06-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but a roots type blower is a positive displacement blower. that means that the blower builds an excess of pressure in the intake manifold, increasing the volumetric efficiency of the motor. a BOV would completely defeat the purpose of having this type of forced induction. it would release the built up pressure, completely negating the benefits of the blower.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:23 AM

I was reading some forum somewhere and this one guy was talking about doing this. It has been done on a ss/sc. The guy said that he put a spacer in between the sc and the intake manifold, but he also said it was a lot of labor just to do so.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Canada

Originally Posted by brandondrecksage
Its not possible. You would have to some how tap the intake manifold, but not have any leaks. If you can do that. you would then have to have it recirculate back to the intake(but after the maf sensor) or else the car will ******* hate you and not run correctly. Then, if you get that sorta out, you would actually have a car that is slower than before. oh yeah, you would also have to disable the stock bypass valve somehow. the fact that your saying that you want to try this shows how little you know about your car.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D1%26hl%3Den

you could run a bov if our supercharger was setup like this because there is actual piping to mount to, but once again, it would be pointless.

******* ricers.......

He wouldn't have to disable the factory bypass... he wants to add a BOV not an external wategate
Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 AM

thanks for the ones the ones with helpful info.. and the rest of u need to chill the **** out. its a bov and you guys are like omfg thats so ******* gay hes a ricer blah blah.. i just wanna see if this is actually possible

brandondrecksage did you just call me a ****** ricer? i drive the same ****** car as you.. come look at it and show me one thing thats ricey onit.. and whats ricey about a bov? in some superchargers it is helpful to discharge the air and will help the life of your supercharger etc., but yea its mainly for sound.... but again how would that be ricer if i got it work.? if you wanna ricer ill go look and find some memembers with some big aluminum wings, fake carbon fiber ****, lighted interir,big ass canistre style exhaust, i can go on and on.

so again for the ones that wanna get on and and post comments that they think are funny can you please shut the **** up because i dont feel like going through the bullshit to find whati want.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
thanks for the ones the ones with helpful info.. and the rest of u need to chill the **** out. its a bov and you guys are like omfg thats so ******* gay hes a ricer blah blah.. i just wanna see if this is actually possible

brandondrecksage did you just call me a ****** ricer? i drive the same ****** car as you.. come look at it and show me one thing thats ricey onit.. and whats ricey about a bov? in some superchargers it is helpful to discharge the air and will help the life of your supercharger etc., but yea its mainly for sound.... but again how would that be ricer if i got it work.? if you wanna ricer ill go look and find some memembers with some big aluminum wings, fake carbon fiber ****, lighted interir,big ass canistre style exhaust, i can go on and on.

so again for the ones that wanna get on and and post comments that they think are funny can you please shut the **** up because i dont feel like going through the bullshit to find whati want.
I'm with you 100% like I have said before. Is there something that we can do to get this movin along towards us getting this done? Like calling up different companies seeing if they can fab something up for us? I believe if this gets done, most of the ppl that are giving us **** about it will change their minds and be like holy **** thats pretty badass
Old 06-01-2008, 11:14 AM

yea i agree.. i'll try contactiong a few companys when i get some time within the next few days and see what they think and what could possibly work.. i'll keep everyone updated.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:16 AM

hhaaha go on and flame away..
You knew this was coming bro. In fact, by that first sentence, you encouraged it. People have their opinions, so don't take so much offense to them. Let's hook up a bov on you man so you can blow some pressure off...

Good luck with this tho. It is interesting to see if it would work. I'll keep in touch.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:19 AM

yea i agree.. i'll try contactiong a few companys when i get some time within the next few days and see what they think and what could possibly work.. i'll keep everyone updated.
ok cool. pm me if you find out anything
Old 06-01-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
He wouldn't have to disable the factory bypass... he wants to add a BOV not an external wategate

Exterbal wastegate goes on the exhaust manifold and before the turbo to bleed off exhaust... where did i say that in my post.

I also mentioned he would have to disable the factory bypass.

ricer is a mentality not a type of car. I would love to have a jdm rhd integra type r. i guess in your eyes that makes me a ricer because its the type of car.

It is helpful to recirculate the air in a supercharged car, WHICH OUR CARS ALREADY DOES! It would be ricer because its unecessary, like an alum wing on a street driven ff car that never sees track time. Your just trying to do this for the sound, not performance. I should you an example where a bov could be helpful with the miata.

ps i didn't know taking weight out of your interior was a ricer move.

Quick Reply: ss/sc bov..