2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ss/sc bov..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, I would have never thought this thread would have made it this far. Any luck yet?
Old 06-01-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by brandondrecksage
Exterbal wastegate goes on the exhaust manifold and before the turbo to bleed off exhaust... where did i say that in my post.

I also mentioned he would have to disable the factory bypass.

ricer is a mentality not a type of car. I would love to have a jdm rhd integra type r. i guess in your eyes that makes me a ricer because its the type of car.

It is helpful to recirculate the air in a supercharged car, WHICH OUR CARS ALREADY DOES! It would be ricer because its unecessary, like an alum wing on a street driven ff car that never sees track time. Your just trying to do this for the sound, not performance. I should you an example where a bov could be helpful with the miata.

ps i didn't know taking weight out of your interior was a ricer move.
some ppl go too far with the ricer thing.. they think every little thing is ricer.. we all have our own opinions.. dont tell me most guys get an exhaust just for the extra 8hp/tq they get with it.. and i was throwing out examples of what is ricer, i didnt mention one car.. now if i was sittin here sayin hey look at this hood scoop im going to stick it on top of my hood i could see why you think that.. and i never said doing a weight reduction of ur interior was ricer.. i meant putting leds and **** in it so it lights upo blue and red is ricer.. honestly man if u got such a problem with it then just dont ****** say anything jesus your getting your panties in a bunch over a bov.. i started this thread because ive heard another supercharger that had one and thought it was pretty bad ass.. i didnt know a pshhh at the end of a supercharger whine was so ******* ricer.. if i find its possible ill let everyone/you know and if it is im sure i wont be the only one that has it done... if its not possible then, fine i dont really care. its not that big of a deal, i just seen it talked about alot so i figured id might as well actually try it out
Old 06-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by brandondrecksage
Exterbal wastegate goes on the exhaust manifold and before the turbo to bleed off exhaust... where did i say that in my post.

I also mentioned he would have to disable the factory bypass.

ricer is a mentality not a type of car. I would love to have a jdm rhd integra type r. i guess in your eyes that makes me a ricer because its the type of car.

It is helpful to recirculate the air in a supercharged car, WHICH OUR CARS ALREADY DOES! It would be ricer because its unecessary, like an alum wing on a street driven ff car that never sees track time. Your just trying to do this for the sound, not performance. I should you an example where a bov could be helpful with the miata.

ps i didn't know taking weight out of your interior was a ricer move.

Yes, bleeds off extra boost just like the SC bypass does. Haha if you to use a bov instead of the factory bypass you would always hear it during normal driving... SC bypass is equivalent to a turbos wastegate..
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Yes, bleeds off extra boost just like the SC bypass does. Haha if you to use a bov instead of the factory bypass you would always hear it during normal driving... SC bypass is equivalent to a turbos wastegate..
Useful knowledge is appreciated. It would be cool if we could some more input in the positive direction. I personally would be please with hypothetical situations and ideas about the bov setup.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
some ppl go too far with the ricer thing.. they think every little thing is ricer.. we all have our own opinions.. dont tell me most guys get an exhaust just for the extra 8hp/tq they get with it.. and i was throwing out examples of what is ricer, i didnt mention one car.. now if i was sittin here sayin hey look at this hood scoop im going to stick it on top of my hood i could see why you think that.. and i never said doing a weight reduction of ur interior was ricer.. i meant putting leds and **** in it so it lights upo blue and red is ricer.. honestly man if u got such a problem with it then just dont ****** say anything jesus your getting your panties in a bunch over a bov.. i started this thread because ive heard another supercharger that had one and thought it was pretty bad ass.. i didnt know a pshhh at the end of a supercharger whine was so ******* ricer.. if i find its possible ill let everyone/you know and if it is im sure i wont be the only one that has it done... if its not possible then, fine i dont really care. its not that big of a deal, i just seen it talked about alot so i figured id might as well actually try it out
I don't think you understand what they are saying. They are calling you a ricer because you want to put a part on your car that has zero function on your particular application...you are simply doing it for noise.
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
The boost bypass is not a boost limiter unless used with an electonic actuator for engine management. It simply equalizes pressure before and after the rotors while in vacuum to prevent rotor damage due to cavitation.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:34 PM

haa didnt tthink it would be long for this to happen.. but for the ones that are tain it serious.. i know there is acertain amount of pressure that would build up that could be released but the only thig im worried about is it not bein enough to actually make the sound, and how much of a job would it be to change the tock bypss valve... and if i did get it to work wouldnt this be better then it then it just recirculating or going back into the intake? And the rest of u can stop bein smartasses.. i dont really feelin liek scrollin throguh all the BS to find what i want.. the main reason i wanna do it is just to see what kinda looks i get goin down the road and it's somethin differnt.. i get on here everyday and its just the same stuff over and over.. so i figured i' might as well attempt somethin new that hasnt been done before.

ha dude thats actually the one i was lookin at gettin.. i dont know if u were bein serious though
Originally Posted by THRcobalt07
BOV + Not losing any boost + Not losing any power = Heaven
im def goin to keep lookin into it before i attempt to do it.. and again i dont get why some of you are bashin it so bad, its never been attempted before so theres no proff its not oin to work,k it has worked on other superchargers though.. and i dont wanna switch cars for one with a turbo i just wanna try it out and have it be successful for somethin new we can all look into doing to our cars, most of us by now know everything possible to do to the ss/sc's, if i can get this to work it will be a pretty cheap mod . if u dontliek the idea then please get the **** off this threadk, i hate scrollin down through pages to read through posts that say fail over and over again, i was asking for helpful suggestions not your opinions on how you feel about it.
thanks for the ones the ones with helpful info.. and the rest of u need to chill the **** out. its a bov and you guys are like omfg thats so ******* gay hes a ricer blah blah.. i just wanna see if this is actually possible

brandondrecksage did you just call me a ****** ricer? i drive the same ****** car as you.. come look at it and show me one thing thats ricey onit.. and whats ricey about a bov? in some superchargers it is helpful to discharge the air and will help the life of your supercharger etc., but yea its mainly for sound.... but again how would that be ricer if i got it work.? if you wanna ricer ill go look and find some memembers with some big aluminum wings, fake carbon fiber ****, lighted interir,big ass canistre style exhaust, i can go on and on.

so again for the ones that wanna get on and and post comments that they think are funny can you please shut the **** up because i dont feel like going through the bullshit to find whati want.
yea i agree.. i'll try contactiong a few companys when i get some time within the next few days and see what they think and what could possibly work.. i'll keep everyone updated.

Epic thread.

You are a ******* ricer, shut the **** up stop getting so pissy when people tell you the truth.

Oh by the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN0Ia7ZkbWA

OMG LOOK A BLOWER WITH A BOV....
Old 06-01-2008, 01:35 PM

So basically everyone is saying for example eyelids are rice, different color rims are rice, body kits are rice? Who the hell cares!!!!!!!!! Get over it, do what you want to your own car, and leave people alone whose idea you don't agree with!!

Ok its been said over and over and over again that it shouldn't work, well how about WHAT IF? IF it were to work how would you go about doing it? This is what we are trying to get at thats it!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:39 PM

So basically everyone is saying for example eyelids are rice, different color rims are rice, body kits are rice? Who the hell cares!!!!!!!!! Get over it, do what you want to your own car, and leave people alone whose idea you don't agree with!!

Ok its been said over and over and over again that it shouldn't work, well how about WHAT IF? IF it were to work how would you go about doing it? This is what we are trying to get at thats it!
there is no WHAT IF... IT WONT.

Eyelids ARE rice, Body Kits ARE rice.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:40 PM

Its an engine, not a trip to the moon...there is no what if.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SK360
there is no WHAT IF... IT WONT.

Eyelids ARE rice, Body Kits ARE rice.
Ah but not your black rims? Convenient wouldn't you say.

Somebody has to know this motor well enough and be smart enough to figure someway of doing this. Instead of just shooting down an idea that involves a little bit of thinking. **** if I was more knowledgeable and had the resources I would do it my damn self.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:46 PM

Somebody has to know this motor well enough and be smart enough to figure someway of doing this. Instead of just shooting down an idea that involves a little bit of thinking. **** if I was more knowledgeable and had the resources I would do it my damn self.
Why not just buy the thing on ebay that fits in your exhaust that makes the sound, wouldn't it be easier since a blow off valve on a supercharged car has no function anyway, it would be the same thing.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Actually my wheels are 4lbs lighter each, and due to the -8mm offset vs stock, gives me more clearance between the front strut and the corner of the tire, allowing more negative camber to be added, and also prevents the famous strut rub issue that plagues the GTO's

So yes, they have a function, more then your BOV would. Thanks for your concern tho.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:48 PM

Now that would be rice. Putting something on your car to fake a sound of a different part!! dumb
Old 06-01-2008, 01:49 PM

Oh and your comments about knowing the motor well enough? Why dont you do some research into who you are arguing with (Witt)
Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM

Now that would be rice. Putting something on your car to fake a sound of a different part!! dumb
Wait a minute....

eBay part = noisemaker and nothing else

blow off valve on a roots blower = noise maker and nothing else

Originally Posted by SK360
Oh and your comments about knowing the motor well enough? Why dont you do some research into who you are arguing with (Witt)
I'm not trying to argue or put anyone down, some don't understand the reason for a blow off valve and why it won't work on a compressor located after the throttle body.

Last edited by Witt; 06-01-2008 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 01:51 PM

OK you guys dont care for the idea. Thats your opinion. But I thought this thread was for HELPFUL ideas to put on a BOV, not "this will never work", "dont do this its rice" type comments
Old 06-01-2008, 01:53 PM

I was reading the tc fourms and a guy posted that he hooked up an aftermarket BPV and it has somewhat of a BOV sound to it if anyone has not looked into that?

Not sure how much this will help out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjxI3...eature=related
Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 PM

The noise from a bov is supposed to come from the engine bay not the exhaust, to me that sounds like a stupid idea, more so than actually having some sort of imagination to think up something that would be decently cool
Old 06-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, I actually know how to do it after thinking about it for a little while
Old 06-01-2008, 01:55 PM

OK you guys dont care for the idea. Thats your opinion. But I thought this thread was for HELPFUL ideas to put on a BOV, not "this will never work", "dont do this its rice" type comments
This is what you aren't seeing. There are no helpful ideas because:

1. If you vented air at any point after the mass air flow it would hinder performance.
2. If you installed a blow off valve at any point after the throttle body, it won't open since the vacuum reference line is the same pressure as the air you would be blowing off. The only way around this is to bottle pressure behind a check valve (which has been done on a redline) and release it while the manifold is in vacuum. Bottling air just to release it in the atmosphere would be nothing than a noise maker and very much on par with the part you can purchase on ebay but the ebay one wouldn't destroy your engine's performance.

Originally Posted by Casper03
I was reading the tc fourms and a guy posted that he hooked up an aftermarket BPV and it has somewhat of a BOV sound to it if anyone has not looked into that?

Not sure how much this will help out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjxI3...eature=related
He has a centrifugal blower located before the throttle body just like the Corvette in the video SK360 posted.

Last edited by Witt; 06-01-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Uhh... its not that we just dont care for it... IT WILL NOT WORK.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

A BLOW OFF VALVE IS MADE TO RELEASE THE PRESSURE IN THE INTAKE TUBING WHEN THE THROTTLE BODY CLOSES.... IE A TURBO/PROCHARGER SETUP.

You are arguing with one of the most knowledgeable people on this board (Witt) and unwilling to listen.
Old 06-01-2008, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by HackAbuse
Dude, I actually know how to do it after thinking about it for a little while
please do share!!!

I hear loud and clear, just the fact that everyone is so pessimistic about it. If you believe its not going to work thats fine by me, but leave it at that!
Old 06-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Yeah, the kid with a 2.2 that purges a bottle of nitrous in the parking lot of a car show to look cool knows more than witt.

Old 06-01-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Witt said it.

If you drilled and tapped a small hole somewhere after the supercharger, ran it through a check valve, then had it all stored in a small tank somewhere like an air compressor.

Then whenever you let off the throttle, the tank would vent it's contents like a BOV.

It would send the car apeshit though, because the tank would be supplied with air that is supposed to be going into the engine.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM

hmmmmmm..is it possible to regulate the amount of air being blown off?

Quick Reply: ss/sc bov..