2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ss/sc bov..

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HackAbuse
Witt said it.

If you drilled and tapped a small hole somewhere after the supercharger, ran it through a check valve, then had it all stored in a small tank somewhere like an air compressor.

Then whenever you let off the throttle, the tank would vent it's contents like a BOV.

It would send the car apeshit though, because the tank would be supplied with air that is supposed to be going into the engine.
Theres a video of a redline that did it a couple years ago. He bottled air tapped from the manifold to evap line and placed a check valve to hold the pressure when the throttle was let off. The blow off valve was placed after the check valve.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Dude OMG... I cannot believe you are still ******* determined to keep asking about this....

I am crying over here with laughter at how ******* STUPID you are.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:05 PM

dude you drive a GTO, most of us cant even compete with you so why are you even here!

I'd like to know when curiosity turned into stupidity
Old 06-01-2008, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by THRcobalt07
dude you drive a GTO, most of us cant even compete with you so why are you even here!

When GM started making cars with 4 liters less displacement than God's car.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:08 PM

OK you guys dont care for the idea. Thats your opinion. But I thought this thread was for HELPFUL ideas to put on a BOV, not "this will never work", "dont do this its rice" type comments

I am here because I can be, and some very good friends post here. Thanks for your concern tho.

Curiosity turned to stupidity when the people that have torn these engines down and know them inside out, and understand how their compressors work, told you that it was impossible, and you continue to ask.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by SK360
I am here because I can be, and some very good friends post here. Thanks for your concern tho.

Curiosity turned to stupidity when the people that have torn these engines down and know them inside out, and understand how their compressors work, told you that it was impossible, and you continue to ask.

Dude, it's already been proven that it's not impossible.

It's actually very easy.

Is it smart? No, but that's besides the point.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:11 PM

Who the **** cares if ppl ask questions let them be questions and not attacks on thoughts or ideas. and maybe you can think of something else to say other than thanks for the concern

Let me ask again see if I can get an answer and not an attack, but is there any way to can regulate how much air is blown off?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 PM

It's actually very easy.

I think he means in an intended application. Bottling air and releasing it with a blowoff valve really isn't what they are made to do, nor is it the best idea on a MAF managed car.

Who the **** cares if ppl ask questions let them be questions and not attacks on thoughts or ideas. and maybe you can think of something else to say other than thanks for the concern

Let me ask again see if I can get an answer and not an attack, but is there any way to can regulate how much air is blown off?
Its been discussed at least once a month on this forum. I know you are new here but if you simply search "blow off valve" I'm sure you can have your questions answered without intervention from anyone else.

Last edited by Witt; 06-01-2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 PM

It's actually very easy.

ok its not IMPOSSIBLE, but rather RETARDED.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:18 PM

ok its not IMPOSSIBLE, but rather RETARDED.
Is it physically harming you in anyway?

Then I suggest lending your help elsewhere in the forum.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 PM

ok i just read this whole thread , so rice is having led's or neon's on a car ?? ok , but to the point , if someone want's to put a BOV on an SC car let them , its only gonna sound kool and make loss of power , so why bash the idea and say stupid ricer remark's it's pointless , most of you guy's are just trying to get your post count up , and try and be dominate , let it be, it's his car let him make the choice and not bash on a fellow cobalt owner !! , just my 2Cent's im sure nobody care's !!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 PM

Is it physically harming you in anyway?

Then I suggest lending your help elsewhere in the forum.
Oh noes Yes mr hack I will do that immediatly.

Old 06-01-2008, 02:25 PM

Oh noes Yes mr hack I will do that immediatly.

Well at this point all you're doing is antagonizing less knowledgeable members. Why not lighten up and try to be less of an ******* to people?

The point of the board is to help people, not poke fun at them.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Well at this point all you're doing is antagonizing less knowledgeable members. Why not lighten up and try to be less of an ******* to people?

The point of the board is to help people, not poke fun at them.
Well when the MOST knowledgeable members tell them the truth, it should be </thread>
Old 06-01-2008, 02:28 PM

Well when the MOST knowledgeable members tell them the truth, it should be </thread>
Yet you continue posting...
Old 06-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

On an on over a ******* BOV?
Old 06-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Well for people who actually care, I was just thinking up something but I have no clue if it is even possible so if wouldn't mind answering my question pm me so I know that way **** doesn't get blown out of proportion on here.

this thread wouldn't be half as long if people wouldn't post their stupid negative slander of opinions
Old 06-01-2008, 02:31 PM

Yet you continue posting...
Yep.

Well for people who actually care, I was just thinking up something but I have no clue if it is even possible so if wouldn't mind answering my question pm me so I know that way **** doesn't get blown out of proportion on here.
You think the people that KNOW enough to help you are going to pm you over a rice mod? lol.

Last edited by SK360; 06-01-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 05:29 PM

Yep.

You think the people that KNOW enough to help you are going to pm you over a rice mod? lol.
hhaaa im not even goin to waste my time... u seriously are completely useless when it comes to this thread or when it comes to cobalt ss/scs in general.. READ WHAT THE **** I SAID.. I SAID " IVE SEEN IT TALKED ABOUT A LOT NOW I WOULD TO ATTEMPT IT AND GET EVERYONES OPINION ON IF/HOW IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK.." i gotta say its pretty funny how much your getting asshurt over this thread though.. I'm glad a bov can do that to a person it'lll be alright man

And i've read a lot of other forums saying this is helpful, not in the same way or as much as it is for turbos but honestly who the **** cares.. I dont think one person would say holy **** that kids car is ******* ricey, did you hear that blow off vlave..

And for the ones who are saying i would lose power if i did it.. If this is the case and i dont find a way to do it without leaks and without losing power and with out it being successful in anyway what so ever then obviously i wouldnt do it

Originally Posted by Witt
I don't think you understand what they are saying. They are calling you a ricer because you want to put a part on your car that has zero function on your particular application...you are simply doing it for noise.
The boost bypass is not a boost limiter unless used with an electonic actuator for engine management. It simply equalizes pressure before and after the rotors while in vacuum to prevent rotor damage due to cavitation.
hey i respect what you say.. but come on.. you have nothing on your car simply for looks? come on now.. yea some things ppl do to enhance looks are ricey as ****.. then other things can lopok really good and not be ricey at all.. now does any of that enhance the perofrmance of your car.. NO.. then you have the kids who put some big ass exhaust on there cars that sounds like a million bees are fighting inside of it and it will sound ricey as ****.. then you can have some who will buy an exhaust with a deep mellow tone that doesnt sound ricey at all.. same performance gains but one is ricey and one isnt..

im asking questions for 2 reasons, to see if this is really possible and to learn more about the supercharger in general.. ive owned my car for 6 months.. i apologize to those who are getting asshurt because i didnt know every little ******* thing like you guys in the burgh do.. you guys act like you know EVERY thing about these cars, i dont feel like listening to someones ego talk.

Last edited by blk ss/sc 1; 06-01-2008 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM

Ibtl!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
Ibtl!
yea this will be locked and thats ridicu,lous.. you ask for some simple uggestions and you have to have some immature kids come in and bash becasue they dont like it.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:08 PM

But the question is, what IF it does work? How awesome would that be? For me it would be worth the money just because it would be so badass to here a BOV on a S/C
The awesomeness factor is pretty far in the negatives. On a centrifugal blower, alright, you're not really harming anything. But you want to mock the sound of a turbo, presumably to make it sound twincharged without actually twincharging yet you're doing this by SACRIFICING power....so in reality you're trying to make the car SOUND faster by being slower. Mind boggling.

Originally Posted by brandondrecksage
******* ricers.......
x2

Originally Posted by Brucesblack
ok i just read this whole thread , so rice is having led's or neon's on a car ?? ok , but to the point , if someone want's to put a BOV on an SC car let them , its only gonna sound kool and make loss of power , so why bash the idea and say stupid ricer remark's it's pointless , most of you guy's are just trying to get your post count up , and try and be dominate , let it be, it's his car let him make the choice and not bash on a fellow cobalt owner !! , just my 2Cent's im sure nobody care's !!!!!
I'm honestly surprised at the number of people who think a BOV "sounds kool"...the only "kool" sounds on a turbo car to begin with are a) the spool and b) the growl you get from the exhaust. Neither of which can be replicated without a turbo.

Originally Posted by RedEcotecSS
Ibtl!
Same!
Old 06-01-2008, 07:22 PM

ok and im not tryin to act like i have a turbo.. i just wanted to see what can be done with the supercharger and a bov.. now where does it say in the first post i wanna act like i have a turbo.. i love the supercharger and ive heard of a few others who have put BOVs on them and they worked .. so i figured hey why not actually try it on the ss/sc.. but jesus christ its ridiculous you guys continue to keep posting about BULLSHIT.. i dont ******* care about how ricer you think it is and your thoughts on how it sounds etc etc etc.. If the title said "IS A BOV RICER OR NOT?" then ok.. but thats not the case so CAN YOU PLEASE STOP POSTING IF YOU HAVE NOTHING POSITIVE TO SAY.. AND IF YOU DONT THINK IT WILL WORK THEN JUST EXPLAIN WHY.. thats all
Old 06-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Hah perhaps you can do like me and just start working on a turbo build but if wanting a BOV for your F/I car is rice I'd hate to know what all these cars with neon/ lambo doors, unpainted C/F etc are considered.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:44 PM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Nothing can be done on these cars with a BOV. We have a bypass valve, you can't hear it but it does it's job.

Quick Reply: ss/sc bov..