2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

SS/SC guru help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so I replaced my belt today it was getting worn...
anyway set behind the exhaust you smell something kinda of like chemicles...
maybe it is the heet I put in it? Only down to half a tank after putting it in.
sounds like this.....fine....fine....fine...puff....fine....fi ne....fine....puff...fine...fine...fine
but the majority of this sound goes away also when using the bypass mod...
I think like i said before I am going to take it in for a tech2 diagnosis...
but I can't do that till friday.
I can also say that my resonator does make clicking noises all of the time starts after just a few seconds around 30 after starting the car and continues while driving you can hear it, and goes away after about a min. after shutting off the car...however the exhaust leak check reaveled no leaks.
Could it be blocked?

When my alternator went out while driving...could that have caused my car to lose it's factory tune?
Could that cause all of this stuff?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my car is having the same problem but instead of low boosting it hitting the boost cut off 20psi and wont go pass 3500rpm. we tried hooking the bypass solenoid all kind of ways and even hook up a manual boost controller but it still was over boosting. so i took my car to a dyno shop with my hp tune pro to try to see what going on. when we got there it was still doing the same over boosting wont go over 3500 and i could get it tune because of this. we also tried messing with the bypass again and finally after 4 hours we hook up the hptuner when i hit full throttle my timing goes to 0. we put different tune off the website still didnt work. i need help also. i got the gm stage two kit install with dealership reflash.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Bigboy2k5
my car is having the same problem but instead of low boosting it hitting the boost cut off 20psi and wont go pass 3500rpm. we tried hooking the bypass solenoid all kind of ways and even hook up a manual boost controller but it still was over boosting. so i took my car to a dyno shop with my hp tune pro to try to see what going on. when we got there it was still doing the same over boosting wont go over 3500 and i could get it tune because of this. we also tried messing with the bypass again and finally after 4 hours we hook up the hptuner when i hit full throttle my timing goes to 0. we put different tune off the website still didnt work. i need help also. i got the gm stage two kit install with dealership reflash.
Bad knock sensor? Crank position sensor?
Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 PM

I had a problem like this on my MazdaSpeed Protege and it wouldnt even accelerate, and felt like you were riding a bronco, getting knocked around even if you would give it partial throttle. after alot of test showed nothing, no cel, it turned out to be a vacuum line leak. went from undrivable to perfect just like that. look and listen for vacuum leaks. Good Luck
Old 05-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do have a bit of hissing in my engine compartment and do see my vac bounce a very tiny bit, have to watch it closely...no clue where it's coming from though.

I beat myself over the head everyday with this car..
Old 05-12-2009, 07:34 PM

yeah, look everywhere for the leak, if its in the right spot it might not even be that big. I looked forever before i brought it in to my mechanic. he couldnt find it either, then he was just taking one last look at it before he gave it back to me and noticed a small leak under my manifold ( way different then the SS's), after he noticed it, it was fixed in less then 1 minute. just need to find the leak, if there is one. i guess it could be something else, but sounds aufully familliar to my experience.