2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

SS/SC Performance Market?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS/SC Performance Market?

Is anyone else getting a little leary on the upcoming aftermarket for the SS/SC? Sure the GM kits have been released, there is the Intense kit and Rev-it-up's Stage 1 kit out right now ...but it just doesn't seem like there is a lot in development for us as far as the future is concerned. I mean about the only thing I personally am hoping for is that with the tuner software from HP Tuners sparks some interest with some other companies out there. And I really don't mean to sound impatient, but I was really thinking when I bought this car that there would eventually be twin-screw upgrades, a variety of cam grinds, more companies offering ported heads and blower porting, etc. etc. Not just a bunch of pulley and CAI's and catback exhausts offered by different companies. What about suspension parts? I'd like to see some sub-frame connectors, rear strut tower braces, drag springs, beefier half shafts that don't need to be custom ordered....stuff like that. Rev-it-up doesn't have any updates on their stage kits, I know Intense probably has a bit in the works and it's understandable that it would be confidential, and I suppose I am being greedy...but I wish there was more variety, more products, heck what about some frkn forged drag wheels in our bolt pattern for goodness sakes.

Sorry, I'm done ranting.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:21 AM

I think tuning should be available real soon. Not sure on suspension.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:47 AM

Yea, I really would like to get some better shocks before lowering my car, but, well, you know...
Old 05-01-2006, 01:51 AM

I hear ya. Especially headers! I'm happy with the exhausts that are out. Corsa probably being the best out of them all. but as far as other performance there is nothing. SRT-4's have a **** load to choose from. We are going on our 3rd year. Maybe we just need to be more patient
Old 05-01-2006, 01:51 AM

There are a couple coil over kits out, but I'm not sure about just shocks. Check out Jbody performance, and I can't remember the other company. Do a search, I think someone posted it.

This is more like our second year, since nobody really took the RL serious. Plus it has a different suspension than the SS S/C
Old 05-01-2006, 02:02 AM

Well not even just suspension stuff, but only one company offering a ported head and valvtrain components sucks. I think everyone on here would love a twin-screw setup..although it's understandable that it hasn't been produced due to tuning issues...but still no company as far as I know has even remotely been interested in it.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 AM

Hopefully we'll see how the twin screw swap goes this summer. I can't wait til school is out so I can start working on it.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
Hopefully we'll see how the twin screw swap goes this summer. I can't wait til school is out so I can start working on it.
And believe me we all appreciate you venturing out and attempting it lol . I know I would but I simply don't have the time or funds to do it.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:23 AM

Yeah it's kinda scary, because if I can't get it to work I'm out whatever it cost me to get everything together, and hopefully not an engine.

I'm confident that I can make it work though.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:29 AM

Yeah it's kinda scary, because if I can't get it to work I'm out whatever it cost me to get everything together, and hopefully not an engine.

I'm confident that I can make it work though.
ya know, *****-hey (george) if you do the twin screw swap, can I have the chunks of head gasket that are left over?

EDIT* to make it right you will leave your current muffler on, so it can sound SUPER HARDCORE!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 07:37 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofu
... I simply don't have the time or funds to do it.
Comp Cams have 5 different grinds for our cars.
Beffier shafts are just 2 weeks away.
The twin charge option is being worked on.
At least 2 companies are close to having the PCM done.
Two companies have pistons and you can buy all the valve train components seperately to get any machine shop to do port your head.
There just isn't any place(s) to get it all from at the same time.
Besides if you are lacking the funds for all the goodies does it really matter if they are "available"?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:42 AM

One more year, one more.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 AM

Not a year, just some weeks or a couple of months. Be patient guys, be patient.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Comp Cams have 5 different grinds for our cars.
Beffier shafts are just 2 weeks away.
The twin charge option is being worked on.
At least 2 companies are close to having the PCM done.
Two companies have pistons and you can buy all the valve train components seperately to get any machine shop to do port your head.
There just isn't any place(s) to get it all from at the same time.
Besides if you are lacking the funds for all the goodies does it really matter if they are "available"?
Not necessarily funds to buy "goodies" here and there; but I sure as heck can't afford buying a twinscrew supercharger, fabbing whatever adapter plates and other components required to mount it, and then the countless hours involved in tuning it all-while having my car out of commission.

I've enquired to a few places about porting the LSJ head, the problem is the exhaust ports are dangerously close to some oil passages...so most of the shops are unwilling to port it, let alone extrude hone it.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
I've enquired to a few places about porting the LSJ head, the problem is the exhaust ports are dangerously close to some oil passages...so most of the shops are unwilling to port it, let alone extrude hone it.
That could very well be the reason JBP is charging so much for their heads (no one else to compete against) but I will report back on how it works out once the build is done.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:30 AM

I talked to a mechanic at my dealership that is building the crap out of his SS S/C. He said he talked to someone in the performane biz, and was told the head and cams are good for 600 hp. Our weakest link in the motor is the valve springs. He already replaced his with stronger ones. He also did cams, but took them back out.

His other toy is a Cavy with the 2.2 Ecotec pushing about 1,100hp. He said he was upset because the class he was running in made him reduce the turbo to 63mm.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 AM

the main thing i would like to see is Kenne belle make a 2.4 equivelant for our cars!! my biggest thing is modding and trying to stay in reach of the factory warrenty.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:13 AM

Exactly ^^
Old 05-02-2006, 09:14 AM

Dealership said that getting the stage 2 kits elminates the 3 year warranty on the supercharger and makes it a 1 year / 12,000 mile warranty on the supercharger.. Is this wrong?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:31 AM

I would really like to see Brembo make the Gran Turismo big brake kits for the SS/SC...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:42 AM

why bother with gm stuff, ya know they are going to nail ya eitherway on warranty since it is a dealer's call, just buy the aftermarket stuff...then if you got warranty stuff, spend 1/2 day puting it back to stock and act dumb....
Old 05-02-2006, 10:59 AM

I would have to say I am greatly dissapointed in the aftermarket for this vehicle.... this platform has been out for some time... about what 3 years now including the redlines ? So why can't I go online and order a header from more than 1 company ? Why the hell can't I find more companies that specialize in porting these blowers ? The companies that are on top of things are making a boat load on their products because of the lack of competition.... these are more reasons why I will be buying a caliber srt-4 when it comes out... yes they aren't as pretty as these cars but I bet the support will be there from day one !
Old 05-02-2006, 11:15 AM

No The Stage 2 Kit Does Not Make The Supercharger Warranty 12/12. It Is Still 3/36 Just Like The Rest Of The Car The Only Thing That Is 12/12 Warranty Is The Kit Itself.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:19 PM

I talked to a mechanic at my dealership that is building the crap out of his SS S/C. He said he talked to someone in the performane biz, and was told the head and cams are good for 600 hp. Our weakest link in the motor is the valve springs. He already replaced his with stronger ones. He also did cams, but took them back out.

His other toy is a Cavy with the 2.2 Ecotec pushing about 1,100hp. He said he was upset because the class he was running in made him reduce the turbo to 63mm.
How many WHP or RPM's they can support for daily driving, not drag racing ? I mean at which max RPM the rev limiter can be adjusted which cannot cause a cam or spring failure or break ?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jmc007
How many WHP or RPM's they can support for daily driving, not drag racing ? I mean at which max RPM the rev limiter can be adjusted which cannot cause a cam or spring failure or break ?
He didn't say, but I have read on here that just over the 7,000rpm marks their limit. Not sure on HP.

Quick Reply: SS/SC Performance Market?