2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

SS/SC vs Porche 911 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
p.s. a stage 2 cobalt is capable of putting down more then 240 fwhp. if the person with the lap top knows what they are doing.

::stirs the pot some more::
Old 09-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nick11
Ok being 100% serious now you ask why it bothers me ? I will tell you .. a lot of people are like me and before they buy a car they read reviews as well as read car forums. Most of the time I find forums are where you get some of the best information because obviously a lot of people can come together and post their opinions on something.

However on this forum there is soo much bs its completely misleading, I bet you have some kids thinking if they buy this car and get stage 2 they will be running with evos, stis, and older vettes. When in fact this is NOT true these are cobalts NOT comaros and people should know the limitations of this car.

Speaking purely from what they have stated from the GM performance division, but supposibly gm stage 3 + 75 shot of Nos takes these engine internal parts to near breaking point. I believe the exact number was 325 hp *obviously I am not talking fwhp* dont quote me on that number I know its in that area though.

Now if these cars are modded to this point lets say around 290ish whp, yes I could very much believe them rolling with evos "from a roll" however how many people on these forums actually have these numbers??? Also the people who do can contest to how much modding is actually required to hit these.

Please people just stop misleading people about what these cars can do.
AHAAAAHAHAHAHAH you are a ******* idiot. What in the world makes you think it would take that much power just to ROLL with the EVO's/STi's. Seriously kid, take your shitty Ford and magazine facts out of here, you really are a ******* idiot. Actually if we had that much power we could probably rape you trashy Mach 1.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well...now that there are turbo conversions....slowbalts will be a little bit faster....

My friend is doing a crazy build with his ss...he wants 500 whp...and you know what...I think he's going to get it....He already has the tag turbo kit...but he's gonna do some crazy stuff in the next year....and will probably roll with vettes and vipers and the 50 trim srt4's
Old 09-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4lives
Why do you say "WE" when you own a 2.4SS? Stop being a bandwagoneer.
I get carried away when I deal with idiots lol. I guess you're right but my friend owns an SS/SC and I drive it as much as he does lol, were best friends/neighbors for 11 years.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

lol ..... uhhh if my mach 1 was stock and it was from a roll yes you probably could with 290whp..... whats your point??? Do you realise the newest evos are about on par with a mach1 stock anyways??? Therefore when I said with about 290whp you could beat an evo from a roll , be able to beat a mach1 as well was implied.... Some guys are bad but wow you really have no clue about cars what so ever its actually rather funny.

I dont think too many people understand how fwd cars react when you put a ton of power into them.....

I also hate how they compare their heavily moded car to stock vehicles..... how many evos do you even come up against that are BONE dry stock... not too many I bet.
So far all but 1 and all he had was a turboback. Most people in Atlanta that I have seen don't have modded cars, I've seen tons of EVO's/STi's bone stock, people here just want to look good I suppose. And I see that you hid your age from us so we couldn't bash you for that. Remind me why you are on the Cobalt forums being a troll when you don't even have 1? OH THAT'S RIGHT! You drive Ford, it's all clear now.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned

I agree wtf ??!?! Dont get me wrong the ss/sc is atleast a somewhat respectable car but a 2.4ss??? Thats about as lame as the people who used to turbo their cavaliers lol

Lol well atleast he can brag about how he can take the toyota yars lol.

YOU ARE A GOOD example of whats wrong with some people on this forum look at this guys kill list:

Kills: 06 Mazda 6, 05 Acura RSX, 06 Tiburon GT, 06 Mustang V6, 05 Scion tC, 06 Civic Si, Camaro Z28, RX8, 04' SC430, dead even with 350Z, 06 Eclipse GT.

you are soo full of crap YOU did not do NOT beat a 350z,eclips,rx8,camaro z28, or a sivic si, HELL I doubt you even beat the mazda 6.

This guy drives a a 2.4l ss and hes claiming this I wander what hed say if he had the ss/scs that he beats z06 vettes?!?!
=

Are you serious? WOW, the Si vs our car is about even stock for stock, yeah I did beat the Z28 I have his number if you want to call him, yes I was dead even with the 350Z with all of my new mods included, I trashed the RX8 with no problem and wow the Eclipse that was like a joke. You are forgetting I have mods I/H/DP/E/tune, and also I start out at about 150whp and now I'm at 185whp. Also keep in mind my car has a minor weight reduction. I don't even know why you put up the Mazda 6, that was not even a competition, I beat him from a dig while he was rolling. You forgot to add the SC430 that and the 350Z were the only REAL competition.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Ok everyone has heard me talk plenty about this do any of you honestly believe he beat the cars he just mentioned with a 2.4l lol at a blazing 185 whp which is probably an exagorated number.
I do not believe I could exaggerate going from 150 to 185 whp with those mods, that is completely believable.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4lives
Was the 06 an automatic???
Which 06?
Edit* NVM lol

It was not auto, though I did race an 07 Auto Eclipse GT and it was about the same results.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:57 PM

Like I have said before. All this **** is not going to change anyones mind. Everyone is still going to walk away from here with the same mindset that they came in here with. All this trash talking and bull **** is pointless, be the bigger person and walk away from this **** because you obviously are not going to change your mind about anything. < that is directed at everyone being asshats in here.

Mike
Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 PM

I raced an Integra with my 06 G5 GT... and absolutly killed it.. It was great hahah
Also i raced my friends Prelude... and he wanted to crash his car, because i won by a lot.
Nick11, if you come into forums and are getting misleaded, why dont you actually go the car dealerships and test drive the cars yourself? I mean one persons opinion can be totally different from your opinion. My 06 G5 GT by any means is not a fast car.. but hell for a 2.4 litre engine its a lot of fun, especially for being 19. I love it because of all the features, the interior, the stock sound system, the color.. So man just relax, and dont make me come up to Edmonton and beat ur Mach 1, with my G5 ( j/k )...just take er easy and smoke a bowl.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Wow, this is REALLy stupid now. This shows how out of wack this community is. You should be banding together not fighting over trim levels. This **** is getting old.

Nick11, wow, so the 2.4L is a POS right? So is the Scion tC and other NA cars right? It was voted second fastest car for under 20K. Stop trying to change everyone's mind about everything. Just go home and stop coming to the forums if you don't like whats going on. Not that hard. You think you're the top teir now because you own a mach 1 mustang. Dude, you're not, these cobalts aren't either, but damn get off the cobalts back, just because you didn't like it, doesn't mena we don't have to like it.

RX-8's aren't that fast for their price range. From a dig those cars are only 14 second cars and are rated SLOWER than the SS/SC's from 0-60. You seriously need to lay off. If you don't like it, then dude, seriously, just leave, be happy with your mustang, and move on. Stop caring about what goes on here. You're not superman, you're not going to single handedly save everyone who comes here. After this thead is done and over, it will be lost in the deepest archieves of this forum and/or deleted. You're not changing anything other than getting on people's nerves.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:40 PM

Your right I am not superman........................................ac tually I AM BAT MAN!!!!!!!
Marvel > DC

Spiderman > Bat Man
Old 09-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Your right I am not superman........................................ac tually I AM BAT MAN!!!!!!!
i thought you were coach?

****, im all sorts of cornfused now
Old 09-06-2007, 01:52 PM

Lol well I understand what you are trying to say I really do however atleast I may sway a few people who have been mislead about the actual performance of this car with my posts.

Also about the 2.4ss in my OPINION if I was in the market for a car in that price range it would be the LAST one I consider. I was not cutting him up just because he drives one I was because he thinks is 2.4ss is a porche or something by the way he talks about his bs kill stories.
I mean, there are different methods than to just out and out bash the car man. Its only going to get a negative response. There are many people here who agree that people have some outlandish stories and don't like whats going on ehre, but saying the car is a piece ofcrap, is going to get bad feedback. Most people here love their cars and don't take kindly to people bashing them. Just go about it a different way. The responses will be different.

I agree and respect your opinion on the 2.4L SS, but for its price and setup, one would have to agree its a nimble little car. And remember, anything can happen. The cars he raced could have all missed a gear or two. A win is a win I'm guessing. Or they could have short shifted and been new to stick, a lot of possibilities. By no means is the 2.4 a fast car, nimble and quick yes, but not mind splitting fast. If I was in the market for a NEW car under 20K with potential, NA, and looks and all that the 2.4L would be my first choice I think. I can't think of a better car out there for me. I like the tC but my friend has one, and I'm a bit biased to American cars. The V6 mustangs are too common, everyone an dtheir mother (literaly) drives them.

Wait...new Tiburons aren't under 20K are they? if so I'd get that instead of the 2.4

Anywho, I get what you're saying man, but the way you came off especially to people who REALLY like the car, will cause them to be on edge.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM

Very well said Snake! Are you finally comming to terms with not fighting on the net like I talked to you about? hahahaha Your my peacemaking prodigy .

Mike