2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

stage 1 and 2 upgrades part #s

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 10:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prices ANYONE???? This has been asked and ignored a million times.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:39 PM

I know. I am beginning to think that they are NOT releasing prices like they said they would at SEMA. My brother works at a pretty big Chevy dealership and he was going to ask the guys in service to look up the stage part numbers. I am thinkin that they might be in their computers by now.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by BlAckOnBLaCK
I know. I am beginning to think that they are NOT releasing prices like they said they would at SEMA. My brother works at a pretty big Chevy dealership and he was going to ask the guys in service to look up the stage part numbers. I am thinkin that they might be in their computers by now.

Yeah, I was thinking that too...

I'm wondering why people have been ignoring my and other people's posts on the pricing... it's a common courtesy to answer "I don't know" when someone asks and you dont know... geez.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Leafy
Prices ANYONE???? This has been asked and ignored a million times.

hasnt been ignored

but you all gotta relax , its a matter of finding the right guy to ask
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is no price.

I had someone check for me, the part is inactive in the system. The number and description are in there, but there is no price or avalibility yet. They even called the specail GM parts line to double and tripple check. Nothing yet.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
There is no price.

I had someone check for me, the part is inactive in the system. The number and description are in there, but there is no price or avalibility yet. They even called the specail GM parts line to double and tripple check. Nothing yet.
To the same avail i called my local gm dealer and they had the numbers in their system but they told me that gm like to release numbers but hide the parts from the mass market.
DIRTY GM BASTARDS STOP HIDING THIS FROM US...
Old 11-04-2005, 03:26 PM

NW Indinia

Any one in NW Indinia?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 PM

2 word's........................How Much
Old 11-04-2005, 05:34 PM

Tells us prices you monkey chasers.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No pricing info cast yet. The stock LSJ injectors are about $75 retail each. Then you will likely need need to pay an hours labour to put them in (or do them yourself), and prolly another hour labour for the reflash. What , maybe $500 for Stage 1??
JMO
WOT
Old 11-04-2005, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by WopOnTour
No pricing info cast yet. The stock LSJ injectors are about $75 retail each. Then you will likely need need to pay an hours labour to put them in (or do them yourself), and prolly another hour labour for the reflash. What , maybe $500 for Stage 1??
JMO
WOT
If it's going to be $500 for stage I then we might have to guess that stage II would be looking around 3-$400 more (knowing GM they will mark up the price for the pulley and charge for 2hrs labour just to put it on.)
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 PM

i talked to several people at GM tday , and they do not have any pricing and no one would give a rough guess on price

but i was able to get a prospected due time , and they are saying late december or januarary

i was told they want to have alot of stock , before they release anything

AND THEY DO KNOW THEY WILL GET HIT HARD FOR SALES UPFRONT
Old 11-04-2005, 10:55 PM

Sounds kinda like GM has the "no impact, no Idea" mind set on prices and all the crap!! Kinda makes me frustrated... I NEED more power!!! and I don't even have my 06 SS yet!!
Old 11-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by 97cavie24ls

but i was able to get a prospected due time , and they are saying late december or januarary

AND THEY DO KNOW THEY WILL GET HIT HARD FOR SALES UPFRONT
Are you talking about the price release or the stage releases when you say late Dec. Jan.?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:54 AM

JMO
WOT
The reflash should take like 10 minutes. If its anything like other cars, they'd plug a hand held device right into the port under the steering wheel, hit a couple buttons, and thats it all done.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM

price and avaliability
Old 11-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maverick
The reflash should take like 10 minutes. If its anything like other cars, they'd plug a hand held device right into the port under the steering wheel, hit a couple buttons, and thats it all done.
Maverick, we were talking about WHAT THEY WILL CHARGE. (min 1 hr is very common for a "retail" reflash BTW)

FYI I've flashed hundereds and even quite a few LSJs.(How many have YOU done?)
Sure, the flash itself takes about 20 minutes on the LSJ. But there is a significant amount of preparation and setup for programming, especially with the LSJ and the stage 1 kit. (and some work to do AFTER the programming as well) First they will have to call GM Techline support, and after providing the Stage kit serial number and VIN of the car- they will receive what's known as a Vehicle Configuration Index number.

The programming process actaully begins with a battery test (using a special capacitive tool) and if necc a quick charge as if the the battery voltage even "dips" below 11.5 volts during the reflash it can cause a "brown out" that can even destroy the PCM. Furthermore, you cannot use a charger on the car when reflashing due to other electrical disturbances they can produce.

Then because the LSJ's P12 PCM requires "pass-through" programming, they will have to connect the TECH2 "in between" the Techline PC and the car. Then using TIS2WEB software, setup the interface to match the cars powertrain system. Then there is a special menu to access the "VCI reprogramming" - it is here they will have to enter the VCI number, (basically a password) to access the Stage 1 calibration files from the Techline server. Once the reflash commences basically you can walk away from the vehicle for approx 20 minutes until it's completed.

After it's done you must shut OFF the IGN switch for 1 minute, then make sure the car starts and runs which usually means the reflash was susccessful. But you're not quite done because the LSJ uses a C.A.S.E. (Crank Angle Sensing Error) the techncian is next required to bring the engine to operating temperature and perform a Crankshaft Variation Relearn with the TECH2. Then it's required you drive the vehicle on a short road-test to allow the fuel trims to adjust slightly so the car doesnt stall or chuggle out of the dealership parking lot when the customer takes it.

I'd like to see YOU do this in much less than an hour Maverick, and while someone times you with a stop-watch as GM techncians are. If anyone should know all about getting paid for "twiddle your thumbs" down-time, one would think a PC/network techncian would...

WopOnTour
Old 11-05-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
omgoodness finally I've bought a car w/ forged connecting rods...excuse me while I cry w/ joy. (went through three sets of connecting rods on my old mustang)

On a side note, anyone like the part that says "just the beginning of the performance upgrade kits that will be available from GM for Ecotec engines"?
I saw that too. It aslo says, "GM is developing performance upgrade packagaes for this engine family"

By engine family---I beleive they mean Ecotecs and not just the 2.0L S/C

So I will cross my fingers and hope for a s/c for the 2.4L.
Or someting else. I like the idea of keeping warrany and going faster.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:17 PM

I also work for a dealer(Hyundai\Mitsubishi) and totally agree some cars require more time then others to reflash. So $500 is what stage 1 SHOULD be.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:58 AM

Maverick, we were talking about WHAT THEY WILL CHARGE. (min 1 hr is very common for a "retail" reflash BTW)

Sure, the flash itself takes about 20 minutes on the LSJ. But there is a significant amount of preparation and setup for programming, especially with the LSJ and the stage 1 kit. (and some work to do AFTER the programming as well) First they will have to call GM Techline support, and after providing the Stage kit serial number and VIN of the car- they will receive what's known as a Vehicle Configuration Index number.

The programming process actaully begins with a battery test (using a special capacitive tool) and if necc a quick charge as if the the battery voltage even "dips" below 11.5 volts during the reflash it can cause a "brown out" that can even destroy the PCM. Furthermore, you cannot use a charger on the car when reflashing due to other electrical disturbances they can produce.

Then because the LSJ's P12 PCM requires "pass-through" programming, they will have to connect the TECH2 "in between" the Techline PC and the car. Then using TIS2WEB software, setup the interface to match the cars powertrain system. Then there is a special menu to access the "VCI reprogramming" - it is here they will have to enter the VCI number, (basically a password) to access the Stage 1 calibration files from the Techline server. Once the reflash commences basically you can walk away from the vehicle for approx 20 minutes until it's completed.

After it's done you must shut OFF the IGN switch for 1 minute, then make sure the car starts and runs which usually means the reflash was susccessful. But you're not quite done because the LSJ uses a C.A.S.E. (Crank Angle Sensing Error) the techncian is next required to bring the engine to operating temperature and perform a Crankshaft Variation Relearn with the TECH2. Then it's required you drive the vehicle on a short road-test to allow the fuel trims to adjust slightly so the car doesnt stall or chuggle out of the dealership parking lot when the customer takes it.

I'd like to see YOU do this in much less than an hour Maverick, and while someone times you with a stop-watch as GM techncians are. If anyone should know all about getting paid for "twiddle your thumbs" down-time, one would think a PC/network techncian would...

WopOnTour
Yikes man.

If anyone should know all about getting paid for "twiddle your thumbs" down-time, one would think a PC/network techncian would...
I obviously know as much about your line of work, as you do mine. "Down-time", isn't a time to twiddle your thumbs in the I.T. world.

Seriously man, how about we "throttle-back" the hostility. While you're at it lets "torque-down" that aggression. Finally, lets "rotate" that anger, get some Gojo, a finger nail scraper, and call it a night.

Chill out.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:08 AM

WopOnTour
ne:

We need an "Ownage" smiley
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by UtOhCop
ne:

We need an "Ownage" smiley
Old 11-07-2005, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Maverick

Come on mav. You know he killed you with that reply. It's all good tho.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:05 AM

WopOnTour

Wow... spoken with almost as much eloquence as ignorance. Any IT professional worth their salt sure as hell isn't "thumb-twiddling" during "downtime". I'd like to see you keep up in a field where you have to update your knowledge base every week.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:45 AM

the only field that has a knowledge base that moves faster than IT is automotive tech. cept maybe brain surgeon...

Quick Reply: stage 1 and 2 upgrades part #s