2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.
View Poll Results: Is ur clutch slipping with stage 2 or 3?
YES
43.70%
NO
56.30%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Stage 2 and Slipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Asphalt Assault
My point was that your not putting out 280 like you say then what your telling me is you could be 300? I said way back show me a slip I dont care what you dyno (still have not seen a slip or where I could find it. Just curious especially your 60 ft. I put down 2.1 on stock meats. now tell me I dont know how to drive or that my clutch is slipping in first and to second lol)

the point of dynoing should be done on the same day and same dyno. do the first pull, make changes (exhaust or what ever), and then do another pull. the closer together the better. This is an old debate that most people on here know how a dyno should be used. dyno days are cool too just to see what puts out more.

but bottom line we will agree - show me the times. that impresses me far more.
i can show you time slips from 13.70 @ 103 on a stage 2. or 14.6 @ 97 bone stock.

2.0-2.1 60's all day long.

this still proves nothing. every car is different, every driver is different.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Area47
i can show you time slips from 13.70 @ 103 on a stage 2. or 14.6 @ 97 bone stock.

2.0-2.1 60's all day long.

this still proves nothing. every car is different, every driver is different.
Finally you got my point. so there can be a cobalt with a clutch problem thanks!

so wheres the slip? thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 12:48 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally you got my point. so there can be a cobalt with a clutch problem thanks!

I don't think anyone ever said that their can't be a bad clutch in a cobalt. Some people have stated that the clutch in these cars can't handle stage 2 hp/tq ...period , they are just that bad .

A few of us came back and said that we haven't had a problem and that this car is tricky to get used to , and that it's real easy to abuse the clutch if you aren't careful on your shift point's .

If everyone on here with stg2 had a smoked clutch then i would say yeah .....maybe GM screwed the pooch when deciding on the clutch for the ss/sc. Problem is that's not the case .

Whoever dug this one up should have let it die , most peep's with a smoked clutch are going to want to blame someone else anyways , i prolly would too.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rukkee
I don't think anyone ever said that their can't be a bad clutch in a cobalt. Some people have stated that the clutch in these cars can't handle stage 2 hp/tq ...period , they are just that bad .

A few of us came back and said that we haven't had a problem and that this car is tricky to get used to , and that it's real easy to abuse the clutch if you aren't careful on your shift point's .

If everyone on here with stg2 had a smoked clutch then i would say yeah .....maybe GM screwed the pooch when deciding on the clutch for the ss/sc. Problem is that's not the case .

Whoever dug this one up should have let it die , most peep's with a smoked clutch are going to want to blame someone else anyways , i prolly would too.
Then why do some people keep harping that it is driver error and not the clutch. there are some on here who wont believe. and they are doubters. I called them out. if they want to change their tune that would be a positive change as being a member to this forum.

for instance what you typed in bold can be taken a oouple of ways. what did you mean?

My clutch is not smoked by the way. it is not strong enough to keep from slipping if the tires wont slip.

I dont think there is anyone on here that has totally smoked it cause there smarter than that. I mean come on your matting it and your RPMS are way up and your not getting forward momentum like you should would you not lift. and if your the cause would you not get advice to figure out what your doing wrong? come guys get over it. were not stupid like you guys think.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Rent me! per hour

id have to find the slips sunshine. im sure you will survive without them for a bit.

as far as the clutch living a normal life. it's very simple. don't beat the **** out of the car. i have seen ss/sc's eat clutch's in less then 1k miles. some people just can't drive.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:29 AM
Premium Member

for instance what you typed in bold can be taken a oouple of ways. what did you mean?
I ment that i don't agree with the statement others have made about the clutches not being able to hold up to stage 2. My clutch has never slipped in the 15k miles i've had stage 2.

With first gear being as short as it is , and how easy it is to spin the tires , i think it's easy for people to overpower the clutches when shifting to second without enough momentum .
Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ exactly.

Lead footed rookies who dont understand the mechanics of a clutch and transmission.
Or very experienced older guys, who drive all their cars like their last mustang, and if it doesnt act the same way....its the cars fault.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 AM
Banned

id have to find the slips sunshine. im sure you will survive without them for a bit.

as far as the clutch living a normal life. it's very simple. don't beat the **** out of the car. i have seen ss/sc's eat clutch's in less then 1k miles. some people just can't drive.
Who says I beat the **** out of the car? I bet you lay more abuse into your car testing alone than I have done in total. I have not seen any on this board or my own eat a clutch in a 1K. that would be ignorant. that is the point here. You elude all the time that people cant drive and there is no problem. MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE A PROBLEM BUT OTHERS HAVE. it is simple. if it were the simple fact of beating the **** out of the car then it would be dead. I could not have made it to 45K if I had noticed that the clutch slips at 3k.

what also didnt help my car much was the master cylinder would drag the brakes as a one way valve was defective. the dealer did not believe me on that one. I had to keep checking that the brake would return up all the way. the last inch of the clutch lever throw would be slow in returning or not return unless you left it on. by 6000 they replaced it and believed everything I tell them now. they also replaced my pads and rotors at 30000 due to the same all under warranty.

as far as you finding slips....LOL. If you dont then I guess who knows maybe these just dont exist. have you been to the track or are you using a GTech Pro? LOL I can show you mine. #43
GMS2

Stock

You should have no problem in posting yours now and trying brush it off and hope I will forget. its easy to do. Maybe your not a pretender, so far you maybe!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
Rent me! per hour

read this. if you are so ******* dead set on mother ******* time slips, i can post time slips from the last 15 years. will i? probably not. to be perfectly ******* honest, i probably do not have them anymore. why you ask? i cleaned out my car and frankly forgot where i put them. every wed and friday night during the spring, summer and fall. you can find me at KCIR. need proof?

guess whos car that is.

gtech eh? never used one. no desire too. i guess you should have a better judge of character before you go off them deep end and attack someone.

if i feel the need to please you. i will try and find the slips tonight when i get home. im not making any promises, because i don't feel the need to powder your ass because you got butt hurt over someone speaking their mind.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

I ment that i don't agree with the statement others have made about the clutches not being able to hold up to stage 2. My clutch has never slipped in the 15k miles i've had stage 2.

With first gear being as short as it is , and how easy it is to spin the tires , i think it's easy for people to overpower the clutches when shifting to second without enough momentum .
Hmmm heard this argument before. you have not read enough.

1. mine rarely ever slips on the street. Mine has slipped stock and at the end of 1st. not even making a shift!

2. Mine rarely slips now. especially on the street.

3. Mine slipped once this past year and it was at the track on ideal conditions in the MIDDLE of second. where has anyone said it slips from 1st to second? if it did that then I would be open to driver error. Mine currently only slips in second.

4. I believe people when they say there clutch never slips. I dont believe that it never slips cause THEY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE or something like that. their clutch is just not a dud.

5. it is easy to over power the clutch and glaze it. but you know when your doing it.

Bottom line - I would agree with you it is not a clutch problem only with GMS2. It is just a clutch problem. Wish we could do a pole about production dates a clutch slipping problems with ALL SS/SC owners and not just on this forum.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Rent me! per hour

Hmmm heard this argument before. you have not read enough.

1. mine rarely ever slips on the street. Mine has slipped stock and at the end of 1st. not even making a shift!

2. Mine rarely slips now. especially on the street.

3. Mine slipped once this past year and it was at the track on ideal conditions in the MIDDLE of second. where has anyone said it slips from 1st to second? if it did that then I would be open to driver error. Mine currently only slips in second.

4. I believe people when they say there clutch never slips. I dont believe that it never slips cause THEY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE or something like that. their clutch is just not a dud.

5. it is easy to over power the clutch and glaze it. but you know when your doing it.

Bottom line - I would agree with you it is not a clutch problem only with GMS2. It is just a clutch problem. Wish we could do a pole about production dates a clutch slipping problems with ALL SS/SC owners and not just on this forum.
i will say this.

has mine slipped? yulp. several times. mainly after back to back runs going into third. did it once when it was stg2 and i tried topower shift it. never did that again. i changed my driving style.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned

read this. if you are so ******* dead set on mother ******* time slips, i can post time slips from the last 15 years. will i? probably not. to be perfectly ******* honest, i probably do not have them anymore. why you ask? i cleaned out my car and frankly forgot where i put them. every wed and friday night during the spring, summer and fall. you can find me at KCIR. need proof?

guess whos car that is.

gtech eh? never used one. no desire too. i guess you should have a better judge of character before you go off them deep end and attack someone.

if i feel the need to please you. i will try and find the slips tonight when i get home. im not making any promises, because i don't feel the need to powder your ass because you got butt hurt over someone speaking their mind.
!1. you are saying you can now you cant.... you are a pretender. yeah you were at the track I have no doubt. but you have not come up with times like you said. and that is a 2007 color car? clutch has been upgraded since 2005 which is what I have. dont tell you didnt know that. cars are similar but there are updates. I know quite a few if you care but alot are cosmetic and improved processes.

You are displaying no character right now and lack of honour to what you said you would or could do. now you cant. pretender.

I have not gone off the deep end. it is just self evident with your actions......
Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Rent me! per hour

pretender because i don't feel the need to post time slips? well ****. i guess i am fake then.

you caught me, you caught the ole great pretender.

yes the car is an 07. yes that is a 2007 color.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by an0malous
^^ exactly.

Lead footed rookies who dont understand the mechanics of a clutch and transmission.
Or very experienced older guys, who drive all their cars like their last mustang, and if it doesnt act the same way....its the cars fault.
Never owned a mustang, Auto diesel mechanics and I manage repair service shops, Raced motocross sucessfully in my region, been driving vehicles with motors since I was 8, own more cars and bikes then your age. I attend racing schools - Tony D. School of motocross, local track this year infact with instructors at Gimili Motorsports park this past year and intended to go again. they had nothing to say about my shifting or clutch. oh and it didnt slip then either. I do have experience and old enough to say I dont know it all. but I do know about my clutch. your just not open to it or hearing it

44% say yes there clutch is slipping

sorry for venting on you, im just in a shitty mood today and it doesn't take much for me to fly off the perverbial handle so to speak.

again, sorry.

Bryan
"saying sorry is a sign of weakness and your wrong" quoted Don Cherry

Done. lock this thread mods.\

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 12-11-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Rent me! per hour

Never owned a mustang, Auto diesel mechanics and I manage repair service shops, Raced motocross sucessfully in my region, been driving vehicles with motors since I was 8, own more cars and bikes then your age. I attend racing schools - Tony D. School of motocross, local track this year infact with instructors at Gimili Motorsports park this past year and intended to go again. they had nothing to say about my shifting or clutch. oh and it didnt slip then either. I do have experience and old enough to say I dont know it all. but I do know about my clutch. your just not open to it or hearing it

44% say yes there clutch is slipping

"saying sorry is a sign of weakness and your wrong" quoted Don Cherry

Done. lock this thread mods.\

no, not saying im wrong. i was simply saying sorry for going off. nothing more nothing less. i'll write that down, and make note in the future to ignore anything you have to say, or ask for.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned

no, not saying im wrong. i was simply saying sorry for going off. nothing more nothing less. i'll write that down, and make note in the future to ignore anything you have to say, or ask for.
we can agree on that. you wouldnt have anything constructive to say. your on ignore. I didnt think you would say that your wrong. but your actions and some lack of action speak volumes of your character. Oh heres a tip - put me on ignore list, dont write it down. you will lose the note just like your time slips.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:11 PM

!1. you are saying you can now you cant.... you are a pretender. yeah you were at the track I have no doubt. but you have not come up with times like you said. and that is a 2007 color car? clutch has been upgraded since 2005 which is what I have. dont tell you didnt know that. cars are similar but there are updates. I know quite a few if you care but alot are cosmetic and improved processes.

You are displaying no character right now and lack of honour to what you said you would or could do. now you cant. pretender.

I have not gone off the deep end. it is just self evident with your actions......
Did 06 model cars get clutch updates or just 07?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Premium Member

we can agree on that. you wouldnt have anything constructive to say. your on ignore. I didnt think you would say that your wrong. but your actions and some lack of action speak volumes of your character. Oh heres a tip - put me on ignore list, dont write it down. you will lose the note just like your time slips.
Wow , your talking about character ? Area has been helping people for as long as i remember . Just because he can't find his slips means he's lying? I've see many post's from people in his area that can attest to his car's performance , but since he can't find some pieces of paper he is a "pretender" .

What i'd like to know is out of the 44% of the people that voted that they have clutch slip, how many of them would say it slips in the middle of a gear . Most of the complaints we have heard about of from people that aren't getting a lock when shifting . A middle of gear slip is a whole different ball game , but if you read a lot of these slip threads , most complain about shifting slips .
Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

Wow , your talking about character ? Area has been helping people for as long as i remember . Just because he can't find his slips means he's lying? I've see many post's from people in his area that can attest to his car's performance , but since he can't find some pieces of paper he is a "pretender" .

What i'd like to know is out of the 44% of the people that voted that they have clutch slip, how many of them would say it slips in the middle of a gear . Most of the complaints we have heard about of from people that aren't getting a lock when shifting . A middle of gear slip is a whole different ball game , but if you read a lot of these slip threads , most complain about shifting slips .
please don't add to it. just let it die off. i can get the jist that neither of us are in the greatest of moods.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:10 PM

When i step on it and shift in second and third it used to slip. I dont shift into gear unless im over 3k and it grabs perfectly. I dont even have stage 2 yet. Will it get worse?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by PolishPauL
When i step on it and shift in second and third it used to slip. I dont shift into gear unless im over 3k and it grabs perfectly. I dont even have stage 2 yet. Will it get worse?
Im in the same boat...plus ill be putting in my Stage 2 soon
Old 12-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Rukkee, in question of character of other members, I never said someone is lying. Pretender comes from the fact he said he has slips to post, you can wait till I post'em, to I dont have any. what am I to think?

thanks for finally acknowledging the slip in the middle of the gear. Quite honestly I didnt see much in regards to slip in between gears or powershifting. and I had said in the middle of second along time ago. but your right it would be good to know what is the true case. I am careful with my car. tired of the "you cant drive" BS.

Last edited by Asphalt Assault; 12-11-2007 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Rent me! per hour

Rukkee, in question of character of other members, I never said someone is lying. Pretender comes from the fact he said he has slips to, you can wait till I post'em, to I dont have any. what am I do think?

thanks for finally acknowledging the slip in the middle of the gear. Quite honestly I didnt see much in regards to slip in between gears or powershifting. and I had said in the middle of second along time ago. but your right it would be good to know what is the true case. I am careful with my car. tired of the "you cant drive" BS.

please read.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

Well I cant see posts here anymore by a few forum members so lets call it quits and cool our jets. not coming back to this topic again. It is difficult to see a problem if your not actually experiencing it.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Rent me! per hour

number 811.

you wanted proof that i have ran at the track? there you go. proof. even a 13.706 time slip, backed up with a 13.8.

if someone else wants to quote this cute little post, be my guest.

Well I cant see posts here anymore by a few forum members so lets call it quits and cool our jets. not coming back to this topic again. It is difficult to see a problem if your not actually experiencing it.
i gave you proof. im in the same boat. this bickering bullshit is done.

Last edited by Area47; 12-11-2007 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Stage 2 and Slipping