2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Stage One

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OniMirage
False...

edit: they are part numbers but are listed as ground effects kits and each number is a different color ... future part not yet available

edit2: this came directly from the aftermarket parts dealer here in az ... the computer pulled up the numbers and image but the listing for the numbers are not what we are looking for

edit3: aftermarket parts dealer was from bill heard chevy

edit4: now im just wondering what these ground effects kits look like
ummmm I called and got the info within 10 minutes
Old 12-06-2005, 04:55 PM

So, in other words, this was another false alarm and these kits arent out yet?
Old 12-06-2005, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
So, in other words, this was another false alarm and these kits arent out yet?
you got it
Old 12-06-2005, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why did GM do this to us? Why didn't they release these upgrades 2 months ago when they could've been making some money on it? They are just chilling and doing nothing about it. The stages are complete/finished aren't they? SO WTH ARE THEY WAITING FOR!?!?!
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM

All in favor of banning the one starting posts like this to tease us.

I...........
Old 12-06-2005, 05:01 PM

The word is March of 2006. My dad is friends with the parts manager at one of the local dealerships and he called GM. GM still hasn't decided on prices and the parts won't be available till March.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:03 PM

lol i don't think a ban helps lol ... GM is working in a price strategy ... aparently according to their plans releasing the kits now would not really make them money so releasing them in a different quater will make them money or perhaps save us money
Old 12-06-2005, 05:04 PM

hes just trying to help us out.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:05 PM
The Stig

I would think with the holiday season upon us sales would be good.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Doc

yea...just went to the dealer and my salesman printed out a copy from the parts guy. It has a part advicement on there....it says, FUTURE PART NOT AVAIL - CANCEL UPON ORD ENTRY
The parts guy says this is when they have a part that hasn't been released. He tried every chevy dealership in the US and Canada to see if anyone had the parts. Nope...not a one in the system.
I tried going to the site on the bottom, I need a password
SS part for stage 1
originally had it posted....it was huge, so I made a link
Old 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM

Don't ban him. He just messed up his info thats all. It did get us all rowdy though. Anyway I don't see how releasing them now or releasing them later will make any difference. The only difference I would see is that people who haven't bought the car yet wouldn't buy them now (if they were already released) but when they did buy the car they would buy the upgrade. So I don't see how the date would really make a difference.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:29 PM

just because GM has done a release , doesnt mean the info has traveled all the way down yet

he sister might be higher up the chain , and it might take a couple weeks for it to hit the bottom

bdwarr6 , can you find out about the 2.2 supercharger kit for the J-bodies ?? if so pm me seperatly , you can post it as well , since i know some will want that info here as well
Old 12-06-2005, 06:09 PM

well i believe that his sister does work for GM because i have seen that email info before...i can prolly track the name down if i dig around enough;-)
Old 12-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
Anyway I don't see how releasing them now or releasing them later will make any difference. The only difference I would see is that people who haven't bought the car yet wouldn't buy them now (if they were already released) but when they did buy the car they would buy the upgrade. So I don't see how the date would really make a difference.
Quarterly profits. Looks good for investors. If they can release them in a weak quarter (1 or 2) then it will boost their profits which will in turn boost their stock.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
Why did GM do this to us? Why didn't they release these upgrades 2 months ago when they could've been making some money on it? They are just chilling and doing nothing about it. The stages are complete/finished aren't they? SO WTH ARE THEY WAITING FOR!?!?!
Price figuring, market strategizing, and lets not forget the obvious reason...Look how we are all getting amped over tidbits of info. It's like dozens of sharks picking up one drop of blood every now and then, and thinking it's leading to a massive meal, only to find nothing..If mere tidbits of info are getting us crazed, imagine what happens when they are actually released to the open market, by that point we'll be so antsy we'll pay whatever just to get em. It's no different that people sitting outside in the cold rain for 4+ hours outside of Best Buy just to get an Xbox 360. The more they hype, the more we chomp at the bits.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
Quarterly profits. Looks good for investors. If they can release them in a weak quarter (1 or 2) then it will boost their profits which will in turn boost their stock.
I highly doubt that the sale of the stage kits is going to make a noticable difference on GM's Income Statement.

I've heard thirdhand information that said the reason GM hasn't released the kits is becuase they are having issues with the kits scotching the pistons, I can't back that up, just something that was picked up at a local car meet.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by max_boost
I highly doubt that the sale of the stage kits is going to make a noticable difference on GM's Income Statement.

I've heard thirdhand information that said the reason GM hasn't released the kits is becuase they are having issues with the kits scotching the pistons, I can't back that up, just something that was picked up at a local car meet.
our ss is gm's big gamble at hitting the tuner market ... they know how many ss models were sold and how many they plan to make ... if you release everything at once then there is no special item or car for that matter ... the ss is a limited production vehicle a niche (if thats how its spelled) car if you will and if they get enough attention from the current, new and potential owners the likelyhood of them selling more kits to people is higher ... also income tax season is during first quater of the new year so more people will have the funds to pay for the kits
Old 12-06-2005, 08:23 PM

You want to ban me for sharing info, well im done no more info from me if you have questions pm me. I was trying to be nice and share inside info never did i say it was forsale i said call and bug your dealers. But that is the end of my info i will get the info about the 2.2 charger for the guy that asked
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
You want to ban me for sharing info, well im done no more info from me if you have questions pm me. I was trying to be nice and share inside info never did i say it was forsale i said call and bug your dealers. But that is the end of my info i will get the info about the 2.2 charger for the guy that asked
bdwarr6, it's cool dude. I don't think you should get banned if your were just trying to help share info. It's just that, these guyz are anxious and when they hear something they freak! i don't blame em but to get rude is another thing. Everybody just relax. Really he was just relaying a message,the email does looks real...it could be true, it may not.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Doc

hhmm...no need to ban anyone.

I heard something odd when I went to the dealership....I heard that they were thinking of making a SS for every model...off topic I know...they have the cobalt, impala, monte carlo, malibu...makes the hhr and aveo next ...oh, don't forget the trucks....silverado and trailblazer
Old 12-06-2005, 11:04 PM
360 L337 User

Originally Posted by Doc
yea...just went to the dealer and my salesman printed out a copy from the parts guy. It has a part advicement on there....it says, FUTURE PART NOT AVAIL - CANCEL UPON ORD ENTRY
The parts guy says this is when they have a part that hasn't been released. He tried every chevy dealership in the US and Canada to see if anyone had the parts. Nope...not a one in the system.
I tried going to the site on the bottom, I need a password
SS part for stage 1
originally had it posted....it was huge, so I made a link
it says install 1 hour on that too.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM

not that I dont beleive you ..it appears your sister does work for GM and has inside info ...however I think that even if they are done design and tesing there is still that matter of production/manufacturing and shipping that still may need to be complete ..meaning the kits may be set but we cant bug our dealers yet because they havent been produced and packaged for the public ...

as a side note ..could you contact your sister and see if she can provide you with GM part numbers for the injectors and pully (not the kit number the actuall part number that would be found on the GD&T) I want to look up the parts on IMAN to see what were getting
Old 12-07-2005, 05:45 PM

there is a TrailBlazer SS and it has the LS7 in it....or LS6 don't remember.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by korax123
there is a TrailBlazer SS and it has the LS7 in it....or LS6 don't remember.

Its a LS2.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:21 PM

They already have a Silverado SS...If I was a truck guy I'd be all over it, they're nice.

Quick Reply: Stage One