2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Stg II installed!!! question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Stg II installed!!! question

So I final installed my Stg II setup. Rebuilt M62 with the air bleed port welded up. I went with a ZZP tune, GM 42lb injectors, for now the steel GM Stg II pulley also have a superflow 2.9. I also upgraded the cooling with a new pump, ZZP dual bypass, option b and ZZP phenolic intake spacer. The car came with a K.N.CAI and a ZZP 2.5dp, and all solid MM.

Well the car goes pretty good now!!! This makes my DD that much more fun to drive and it sounds GREAT!!!

So after put about 30 miles on it, I stopped and fill up with gas. About a 1/2 mile away my car starts acting up, like popping and shaking...... and when you gave it gas it would fall on its face and then RIP!!! Final it stalled on my after about a 2 mile drive from when it started acting up. I got it running and drove it home about another mile........ At first I was thinking it was the gas that I just fill up with I only say that because a few years back I fill up a whole tank of bad gas in my turbo'd jetta, and it has been raining alot here lately. But when that happened that car only ran for about 30sec. VW fuel pumps can't pump water too heavy, the relay kicks out.

I just replace the stock plugs with NGK BRK6EK about 5K ago. So I pulled them out and took a look and they were a little toasty!!!! I did have some NGK BRK7E that came out of my M3. So I put they in and it seems to be alright. I also added a can HEET, can't hurt......

What do you guys think that was all about? I thought there was a limp mode for this type of situation? Also it almost feels like the clutch is slipping????? The car only has 39K on it..... I really don't think it should by slipping with just these upgrades????

Still going to drive it to work hopefully that was the problem
Thanks
Old 04-21-2011, 09:56 PM

I think maybe if you post in one more forum you'll get the answer. Just one more.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by all4glh
I think maybe if you post in one more forum you'll get the answer. Just one more.
hey just looking for an answer that all......... before I give and waste my time and theirs(ZZP)..... where in upstate? I'm in Syracuse.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 PM

did you check all your sensors and make sure they are completely plugged in, sounds exactly like what my car did after i cleaned the throttle body, forgot to snap in one of the sensors and did the same thing

also doesnt sound like the clutch at all, and btw, those clutches have bee known to slip and fail after only 5k miles lol but this doesnt sound like a slipping clutch, do you know what a slipping clutch feels like?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Was it raining when this happened?? My cobalt does the same thing whenever it rains and the CAI gets wet
Old 04-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by mreyna
Was it raining when this happened?? My cobalt does the same thing whenever it rains and the CAI gets wet
No it wasn't raining at that time, nor did I hit any puddles......
Old 04-21-2011, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSS_TNR
do you know what a slipping clutch feels like?

O YEAH!!! this car is my DD....... I have for the summer a 95' Turbo'd M3 just had to install a twin disc last year. I'll post some pics when I get it out. Anyhow any time I put it to the wood in any gear, it revs really high(like a slipping clutch) and then grabs and starts to pull......??? I'll see what's it like tomorrow. And yes I also check every electrical plug and Vac line.

Thanks

Last edited by LANDO; 04-21-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM

It sounds like you hit limp mode without it showing on the DIC (it happens). Pull the negative cable on the battery, all should be fine.

I'm about 70 miles north of you in Syracuse.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:22 PM

check your blinker fluid
Old 04-24-2011, 02:46 PM

I still have a issue or two.... So under initial load when I hit the gas it revs high and hangs a little, then it starts pulling hard. Also this happens through the shifts. Or it that the way this motor runs? I also got that STG 2 belt on..... took me about 40mins. I got the belt on half the SCer pulley and then just started to roll it on...... the only way that belt was going on! But yeah I went to do a run and really was much different.....about 5500 i heard a slapping and let off. Got back home and popped the hood and a rib of the belt was missing........So I put the stock belt on.... And today a hook up a boost gauge and that seems to all good. -18 at idle and 14psi instantly and holds. And still revs about 1k and hangs then pulls hard all the way till the next shift and revs hangs then pulls.....It feels laggy, almost like the torque control is still active..... Maybe??? This is a ZZP tune with boost reduction in 1st gear.

I really hope this is a tune issue not a clutch issue

thanks for any info