2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

The StreetDreamz build.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you like the Cometic MLS head gasket? What % of meth to water are you running?

I am doing the same set-up I just need the n2o. Also what components in the head did you go with?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:04 PM

Nice build, do you have any pics of the m/t slicks mounted on the car? .............................pretty please
Old 06-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by victoryss
How do you like the Cometic MLS head gasket? What % of meth to water are you running?

I am doing the same set-up I just need the n2o. Also what components in the head did you go with?
The gasket has held good thus far. Only time will tell I guess. I am running 80% meth to 20% water. The entire valvetrain is 100% stock.

Originally Posted by Plastic
Nice build, do you have any pics of the m/t slicks mounted on the car? .............................pretty please
I do not. I will have some Wednesday when I go to the track though :-)

Last edited by StreetDreamz; 06-22-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-22-2009, 08:01 PM

Can't wait to see how your track day goes.
Nice work!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This looks like a real nice build. Great job on the documentation and pics.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 PM

Awsome man!!Good job on the cylinder head.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 AM

why didn't you upgrade the valve train?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jonxxxedge1
why didn't you upgrade the valve train?
Well the best way to build a custom cam is to figure out where you need power first. Dynoing my car bone stock with a tune, with the TVS, and with nitrous all pretty much point to my power peak of about 7200rpm. So I can use that to help build cams that go to 8000rpm with a valve train upgrade since there are no good off the shelf ones for the LSJ.

Originally Posted by Matt M
This looks like a real nice build. Great job on the documentation and pics.
Thanks. I will be posting up how to's on some of the stuff I did. But for now I have a track day to worry about lol.

Last edited by StreetDreamz; 06-23-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM

Hi Chris

I had a question about the Headgasket. Spencer had mentioned that you had to replace it to fix the coolant leak the first time after you got it all back together. Is he mistaken, or was that the cause of the coolant consumption?

Also, do you know what caused it to detonate on that last nitrous run and cause the dyno graph to dip majorly at 6500? It started puking the coolant right after that run, and I wasn't sure if maybe that's what caused it to overheat.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bflaker
Hi Chris

I had a question about the Headgasket. Spencer had mentioned that you had to replace it to fix the coolant leak the first time after you got it all back together. Is he mistaken, or was that the cause of the coolant consumption?

Also, do you know what caused it to detonate on that last nitrous run and cause the dyno graph to dip majorly at 6500? It started puking the coolant right after that run, and I wasn't sure if maybe that's what caused it to overheat.
this guy is everywhere following you around tryin
Old 06-23-2009, 01:10 PM

lol

I just came to the forum where he was talking about this past weekends fun. I was at the dyno day with him. His car is freaking loud as hell with the cut out open.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Banned

Hi Chris

As far as the headgasket goes, the one I originally got from Cometic had a defect in the outer top layer of viton between cylinder 3 and its outer coolant passage. A bubble formed and I noticed it immediately after taking the head off to inspect the problem. I called Cometic the next day and sent some pictures. They were nice enough to overnight me a new one for free and send a return label to send the old one back. Yes that was the original cause of the coolant consumption.

If you'll look more carefully at the graph and would have paid more attention at the dyno you would see that the "detonation" on the last run wasn't in fact detonation. In fact on the second run the only place I had any knock was at about 7200rpm and it pulled 1 degree of timing. You can see the small dip in the graph, and with the knock recovery being set so slow, it never went back up like it did in the first run on nitrous. This was from getting a little greedy with the timing after the first run. It made a 1.35hp difference lol. On nitrous I have the knock recovery slow, it would not have picked power back up that fast if it had knocked. What you see in the graph was a misfire that was BLATENTLY obvious while the car was on the dyno. I have no idea how you didn't hear it. The only reason the car puked the coolant was A.) The overflow was overfilled and B.) I hit the rev limiter, which I'm sure surged the coolant pump and built up some extra pressure. Did I or did I not race you 20 minutes later, with your stipulation of me not being able to use the bottle, with the car in perfectly fine condition lol? I have since wasted the bottle and had it refilled this morning. No issues at all.

So all this begs the question...are you coming to the track Wednesday to have your ass handed to you even with me off the bottle? Or are you still using the excuse that you sold your drag radials and haven't bought any drag slicks yet? *****.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by StreetDreamz
As far as the headgasket goes, the one I originally got from Cometic had a defect in the outer top layer of viton between cylinder 3 and its outer coolant passage. A bubble formed and I noticed it immediately after taking the head off to inspect the problem. I called Cometic the next day and sent some pictures. They were nice enough to overnight me a new one for free and send a return label to send the old one back. Yes that was the original cause of the coolant consumption.

If you'll look more carefully at the graph and would have paid more attention at the dyno you would see that the "detonation" on the last run wasn't in fact detonation. In fact on the second run the only place I had any knock was at about 7200rpm and it pulled 1 degree of timing. You can see the small dip in the graph, and with the knock recovery being set so slow, it never went back up like it did in the first run on nitrous. This was from getting a little greedy with the timing after the first run. It made a 1.35hp difference lol. On nitrous I have the knock recovery slow, it would not have picked power back up that fast if it had knocked. What you see in the graph was a misfire that was BLATENTLY obvious while the car was on the dyno. I have no idea how you didn't hear it. The only reason the car puked the coolant was A.) The overflow was overfilled and B.) I hit the rev limiter, which I'm sure surged the coolant pump and built up some extra pressure. Did I or did I not race you 20 minutes later, with your stipulation of me not being able to use the bottle, with the car in perfectly fine condition lol? I have since wasted the bottle and had it refilled this morning. No issues at all.

So all this begs the question...are you coming to the track Wednesday to have your ass handed to you even with me off the bottle? Or are you still using the excuse that you sold your drag radials and haven't bought any drag slicks yet? *****.
Ha ha ha. Kinda like how I did to you with your Harrop.

Your 321whp and MASSSSIVE TQ, that you always talk about, got pulled hard by 10 less hp and tq. I didn't even bother grabbing 5th because of how fast you were falling back. I was gonna tell you we could run on spray afterwards, but you didnt even look over at me after the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR6AvFcj28o

As for me going to the track. No. I'm not going. I'm still using the excuse that I need tires.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
thats some hella nice porting by hand
R U serious?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:00 PM

oh ****...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rsx takes the win...
Old 06-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

Ha ha ha. Kinda like how I did to you with your Harrop.

Your 321whp and MASSSSIVE TQ, that you always talk about, got pulled hard by 10 less hp and tq. I didn't even bother grabbing 5th because of how fast you were falling back. I was gonna tell you we could run on spray afterwards, but you didnt even look over at me after the race.

As for me going to the track. No. I'm not going. I'm still using the excuse that I need tires.
What happens when I use the bottle though? And this was just an M62. And I even let you get the jump. And you were running a 100 shot. And you had the same 300lb weight advantage that you do now. You got the jump using a bottle for instant power, any idiot that uses nitrous knows that. Hell look what I did to Scott's Z06. If you had a 311whp n/a RSX, it would have eaten the dust because it still probably would have only been making 200ft.lbs.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...hot_173306.htm

Enough said.

Hang on Brandon though, let me gut my interior and lose 50 lbs off my ass. Wait even then you'll still be about 200lbs lighter. I think it's funny how when you lose to me you say "Any idiot can throw nitrous on a car and make it fast". Then you beat me using nitrous and suddenly you are king lol. As far as massive torque...it kind of shows that even with a 130shot of nitrous, you still made less torque than me without nitrous lol. It's also funny how when I ran you with nitrous you listed every possible mod you could of mine, but when it comes to your video beating me you don't list ONE mod of yours. Kind of like "Look at this slow Saturn that my almost stock Acura beat." I have a bigger meth nozzle in there now, I can assure you it makes much more torque than it did on the dyno. Regardless it makes more power and more torque as it sits. Your only advantage is weight, like all Hondas. You sound like every other rice boy with a bottle. The track times will talk tomorrow. Remember all I have to do is a 13.1 lol. Then what will your excuse be?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM

I await the times!!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by damien
I await the times!!
Oh I am shooting for 11s tomorrow. There is no doubt that I can hit that. I should do a 12.5 without even spraying.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by StreetDreamz
holy ****!!!!! Someone else had a problem with a COMETIC head gasket!!!!!? DON'T TELL THE LSJ GODS THIS!!! IF WORD GETS OUT, THEY WILL GET PISSED AND NOT POST ANYMORE!!!!!

Sounds like the exact same problem I had. Wish I had called cometic. I was told they won't do anything for you unless you are a certified mechanic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

so this vid below is the rsx on spray vs the redline off spray and still on the m62?

and this vid below is still on the m62 but spray vs spray?

Then how the **** is the even relevant to this thread?

GTFO honda boy.

Originally Posted by euthanasia
R U serious?
x2, that's one thing i have to comment on also, I don't think it's a very good port job, but I think he'll agree, mainly because all he did was take pocket port it. Which anyone that knows anything about port work will tell you isn't the best.

Last edited by ralliartist; 06-23-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2009, 09:45 PM

You talk about me getting defensive. lol I like how all your excuses are flying now. Just take it for what it is Chris. My car beat yours with one power adder, and alot less engine mods. Your car on spray SHOULD be faster than mine. 411whp vs 311whp???? Hummmmm.....I wonder what the outcome will be? lol I've given you your race before with you on 150shot, C16, Drag Radials, etc.....with me running almost the exact same setup, minus 25hp. You raped me exactly like you should of. But, as you can see from the video I posted, without your nitrous you can't keep up.

BTW, you act like something is wrong with my numbers on a 130 shot. It's a 130bhp shot. Not whp like NX rates theirs. I'm running a (.048) in the first stage and a (.024) in the second stage. Punch those jet sizes in on

http://www.robietherobot.com/nitrousjetcalculator.htm

and you'll see they equal 130bhp, and 110whp. I put down 105whp more than my ALL MOTOR pull. Sounds like mine is running spot on.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Hey troll quit clouding this build thread with this bullshit. You run a pretty big shot of nitrous to make your car run somewhat fast.neat. c ya
Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM

it's not even relevant. He raced a m62 LSJ car and barely beat it with a 130bhp or 110whp shot, whatever the **** you want to call it, IT'S NOT RELEVANT!

Go race him on the TVS. He shouldn't need the spray.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
so this vid below is the rsx on spray vs the redline off spray and still on the m62?

and this vid below is still on the m62 but spray vs spray?

Then how the **** is the even relevant to this thread?

GTFO honda boy.
The vid I posted was from this past Saturday after we both dyno'd at a car show. He was on the Harrop @ 23psi with all the mods he has listed, and I was spraying. He agreed before his car was done that he would race me on just the bigger supercharger. At that time he was stating the car was going to dyno 350whp off the spray, and 500whp on a 150 shot. Obviously I wouldn't of wanted anything to do with a 500whp car, but the 350whp was very tempting. It's a shame he only put down 321whp. 350whp would of made our race neck and neck. I would love a rematch once he gets the numbers he wants.

The vid he posted was from last year with him on stock supercharger with a retarded small pulley, C16, 150 shot, 6-puck, drag radials, etc.......with me on basically the same setup I am now minus the second stage, and I was on stock clutch and steet tires. I knew I was gonna lose, but I figured what the hell, might as well try. Our animosity towards each other started after I found out he put the car completely back to stock shortly after adding all those mods to it last year, and then he was trying to sell his car. I told him that anyone could slap a big shot on a car and make it fast for a week or two. I just want him to put together a reliable setup and not something that is on the ragged edge of blowing up. If he can run some good times in the car, I will have nothing but respect for him. But, so far, he has yet to run a faster time than me, and we've seen multiple hiccups in his build on our local forum. Between the coolant leaks, and the numbers being low, I don't know how he can still be so cocky. All I can say is good luck Chris, and I hope you get the times you expect.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:09 PM

ahhh, this makes much more sense.

His m62 setup looks very impressive in that vid.

The harrop build did pretty good I think. All things considering, he's going to need more than 11whp to pull you, and with you on spray, you are going to get the initial hit no matter what. He just isn't going to make near enough tq with the pulley he's on.

Either way, I think making a reliable setup and making rediculous power don't go hand in hand. hence why he pulled you crazy on the m62 with spray (ragged edge) and lost oh so closely on the harrop.

Quick Reply: The StreetDreamz build.