2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

The StreetDreamz build.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
holy ****!!!!! Someone else had a problem with a COMETIC head gasket!!!!!? DON'T TELL THE LSJ GODS THIS!!! IF WORD GETS OUT, THEY WILL GET PISSED AND NOT POST ANYMORE!!!!!

Sounds like the exact same problem I had. Wish I had called cometic. I was told they won't do anything for you unless you are a certified mechanic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

so this vid below is the rsx on spray vs the redline off spray and still on the m62?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR6AvFcj28o

and this vid below is still on the m62 but spray vs spray?
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I...hot_173306.htm

Then how the **** is the even relevant to this thread?

GTFO honda boy.

x2, that's one thing i have to comment on also, I don't think it's a very good port job, but I think he'll agree, mainly because all he did was take pocket port it. Which anyone that knows anything about port work will tell you isn't the best.
Yeah you should have called Cometic. Apparently they have seen this before. They were very professional and quick about it. The vid where the RSX beats me was me on the Harrop vs him on the 130 shot. Just goes to show how much nitrous he was running lol. And yes the port job isn't the best, but without knowing how close I was getting to the coolant passages I didn't go over board. Plus it's by hand with a die grinder. I took out some material and got it matched and flow tested, it moved much more air than stock. So it was worth the effort!

Originally Posted by Bflaker
You talk about me getting defensive. lol I like how all your excuses are flying now. Just take it for what it is Chris. My car beat yours with one power adder, and alot less engine mods. Your car on spray SHOULD be faster than mine. 411whp vs 311whp???? Hummmmm.....I wonder what the outcome will be? lol I've given you your race before with you on 150shot, C16, Drag Radials, etc.....with me running almost the exact same setup, minus 25hp. You raped me exactly like you should of. But, as you can see from the video I posted, without your nitrous you can't keep up.

BTW, you act like something is wrong with my numbers on a 130 shot. It's a 130bhp shot. Not whp like NX rates theirs. I'm running a (.048) in the first stage and a (.024) in the second stage. Punch those jet sizes in on

http://www.robietherobot.com/nitrousjetcalculator.htm

and you'll see they equal 130bhp, and 110whp. I put down 105whp more than my ALL MOTOR pull. Sounds like mine is running spot on.
So are you saying that if you had a 311whp N/A K24 (I know they exist) you would still beat me? No, nitrous gave you the jump simple as that. Like I said, look at me vs. Scott's Vette. Let's throw 300lbs into your car to make the weight even and do the run again. Bet it doesn't happen. You bought a lighter car and threw a big shot of nitrous on it. Yay! You are the UBER tuner!111!!!!!1!1!1

Originally Posted by Stiner
Hey troll quit clouding this build thread with this bullshit. You run a pretty big shot of nitrous to make your car run somewhat fast.neat. c ya
Set. Match. Win.

it's not even relevant. He raced a m62 LSJ car and barely beat it with a 130bhp or 110whp shot, whatever the **** you want to call it, IT'S NOT RELEVANT!

Go race him on the TVS. He shouldn't need the spray.
No that race was on the TVS. Again, it just shows how much nitrous he was actually running. I should have kept the exhaust cut-out open. I raced him with the stock cat-back still on my car and the cut-out closed lol.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the tq from the initial nitrous hit paired with the lighter car is what gave the win to the rsx.

It's going to take more than 11whp to over come 300lbs.

That race in that vid is NOT surprising.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

The vid I posted was from this past Saturday after we both dyno'd at a car show. He was on the Harrop @ 23psi with all the mods he has listed, and I was spraying. He agreed before his car was done that he would race me on just the bigger supercharger. At that time he was stating the car was going to dyno 350whp off the spray, and 500whp on a 150 shot. Obviously I wouldn't of wanted anything to do with a 500whp car, but the 350whp was very tempting. It's a shame he only put down 321whp. 350whp would of made our race neck and neck. I would love a rematch once he gets the numbers he wants.

The vid he posted was from last year with him on stock supercharger with a retarded small pulley, C16, 150 shot, 6-puck, drag radials, etc.......with me on basically the same setup I am now minus the second stage, and I was on stock clutch and steet tires. I knew I was gonna lose, but I figured what the hell, might as well try. Our animosity towards each other started after I found out he put the car completely back to stock shortly after adding all those mods to it last year, and then he was trying to sell his car. I told him that anyone could slap a big shot on a car and make it fast for a week or two. I just want him to put together a reliable setup and not something that is on the ragged edge of blowing up. If he can run some good times in the car, I will have nothing but respect for him. But, so far, he has yet to run a faster time than me, and we've seen multiple hiccups in his build on our local forum. Between the coolant leaks, and the numbers being low, I don't know how he can still be so cocky. All I can say is good luck Chris, and I hope you get the times you expect.
A 2.7 is not a retarded small pulley for the M62. In fact it's standard practice with the LSJ man. You have seen ONE hiccup in my car with a defective head gasket. My numbers were low because all I had was a 3GPH nozzle with the methanol injection. Any idiot will tell you what a tiny nozzle like that will limit you to top end timing wise with this set up. I was down an easy 3-4 degrees. Don't worry, the 7GPH nozzle is in there now with a progressive controller. I also said it would do 500whp on a 150 shot and C16, did you smell any C16 no? Was it a 150 shot, no just a 100. The fact that my first time on the dyno I had the car within 10% of what I expected isn't too bad I think.

Aren't you glad I didn't sell the car now Brandon

the tq from the initial nitrous hit paired with the lighter car is what gave the win to the rsx.

It's going to take more than 11whp to over come 300lbs.

That race in that vid is NOT surprising.
Agreed. At the track I will rape him off the bottle.

Last edited by StreetDreamz; 06-23-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2009, 10:24 PM

eh, all depends, I think he should beat you at the track, but if he's only ran a 13.1, then I'm way wrong.

What kind of tires you going to be on?

also, a 2.7 is not a retarded small pulley.

I also find that your goals and your first time out is very acceptable.

Wanna see a cobalt on a retarded small pulley?
stock blowered cobalt (2.5pulley) vs 50trim srt swapped 2door ACR neon RD1
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...VID00030-1.flv
RD2
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e3...t=VID00032.flv
Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Banned

eh, all depends, I think he should beat you at the track, but if he's only ran a 13.1, then I'm way wrong.

What kind of tires you going to be on?
These :-)

And I'm sure he will come back with some comment about how when he ran the 13.2 it was on drag radials, a stock slipping clutch, and only a 104 shot. But this year he will be running slicks (someday), a new clutch, and a second 25 shot of nitrous blah blah blah. I still bet he doesn't break 12s on the bicycle tires he plans to run.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:31 PM

technically those tires are drag radials

and they are also too big unless you have a larger than stock offset.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Banned

technically those tires are drag radials

and they are also too big unless you have a larger than stock offset.
They've already been mounted and driven on the car. I assure you they fit fine. The Ion can fit a larger tire than the Cobalt. I've seen it first hand. These aren't ET Street Radials. These are tube-type ET Streets. The only reason they aren't an ET Drag is because of the grooves in the tread
Old 06-23-2009, 10:44 PM

I ran the same exact tire. With a stock offset, they RUB the suspension mounts where the spring sits.

Also, they are technically a drag radial, hence the ET STREETS. But yes, they are the same damn thing as slicks.

When people ask me what I ran, I say slicks, I never say drag radials.

But I was just trying to aid in your argument against honda-boy.

have you actually made a pull to over 100mph with them on?

Last edited by ralliartist; 06-23-2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I ran the same exact tire. With a stock offset, they RUB the suspension mounts where the spring sits.

Also, they are technically a drag radial, hence the ET STREETS. But yes, they are the same damn thing as slicks.

Not to come off as rude in anyway but those aren't a radial tire. Those are bias-ply and it is suggested to run a tube in them...just a lil fyi for you streetdreamz.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM

you aren't coming off as rude. I've argued that those are slicks to many people, along with many other tires that aren't "true slicks". But they all come at me with the "well in this class at this track it is classified as a street tire so it can't be a slick".

I agree, it's a slick.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:03 PM

hmm those look vaguely familiar...oh wait i think i have something like that in my garage lol.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 PM

just out of curiosity, why is everyone running these slicks?

Yea, I ran them, and I was told they were too big, but I got them for cheap, so I used them, and I found out the hard way what "too big" means.

So what did I do? I sold them. and bought some that aren't too big.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
you aren't coming off as rude. I've argued that those are slicks to many people, along with many other tires that aren't "true slicks". But they all come at me with the "well in this class at this track it is classified as a street tire so it can't be a slick".

I agree, it's a slick.
The people you have been arguing with are morons then

Radial just lets you know about the tires construction, not what class it's in or if it's a slick or not.

That tire is not a street tire but is dot approved because it has some channels for water
Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 PM

you and me fight the same battle when it comes to tires then.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Banned

These tires are 1/4" from the suspension mounts. Again, the Cobalt has a different front suspension.

Originally Posted by fast98
Not to come off as rude in anyway but those aren't a radial tire. Those are bias-ply and it is suggested to run a tube in them...just a lil fyi for you streetdreamz.
Do you not see the box with the tubes in them sitting between the tires? Lol.

I agree, it's a slick.
I also agree, it's a bias ply slick.

just out of curiosity, why is everyone running these slicks?

Yea, I ran them, and I was told they were too big, but I got them for cheap, so I used them, and I found out the hard way what "too big" means.

So what did I do? I sold them. and bought some that aren't too big.
They were "too big" but were you spraying 400ft.lbs. off the line?

Originally Posted by fast98
The people you have been arguing with are morons then

Radial just lets you know about the tires construction, not what class it's in or if it's a slick or not.

That tire is not a street tire but is dot approved because it has some channels for water
And I agree it's not a street tire. The idiots that argue these classes at the track **** me off. It's a slick, it even has a tube in it!
Old 06-23-2009, 11:42 PM

maybe for you they won't be too big.

I keep forgetting that redlines' suspensions are different.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:11 AM

Wow, I am surprised that the Cometic headgasket came with a defect for you guys. My 2.2L one I used on my LSJ when I blew the headgasket way back when has worked great! Glad to see they took care of it though for you.

Can't wait to see those track times StreetDreams, keep up the good work man!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM

Damn Chris. Nice numbers!
You wasn't spraying when I went for a ride were you?
Old 06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DangotBoost
Damn Chris. Nice numbers!
You wasn't spraying when I went for a ride were you?
Lol I didnt't even have the bottle in the car. Nor was I using methanol at that time.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 PM

Ready and waiting for timeslips. You better bring us back an 11 sec slip Chris.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Ready and waiting for timeslips. You better bring us back an 11 sec slip Chris.
11's would be sweet, but I'm guessing more like 12.1-12.2 first time out.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matt M
11's would be sweet, but I'm guessing more like 12.1-12.2 first time out.
thats still a quick street car
Old 06-25-2009, 07:32 AM

I think the best he got was a 13.2. Not 100%.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Damn. Are you serious????

How do you know?
Old 06-25-2009, 08:35 AM

If you failed to hit 12's with or without nitrous, give your license back.

Quick Reply: The StreetDreamz build.