2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

This Sucks !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NJHK
You might be right but sometimes a dyno isn't needed to tell when something is wrong. Just sometimes.
Ohh come on adam you know that comment is flawed. I can't think of one person that has even dyno'd a full 3" catback system on this board but i may be wrong. The only guys i ever hear about how a 3" exhaust is wrong are the guys who are basing that opinion on there own thinking with no experience to back it up. They say a 3" is too large because they are simply thinking we're a 4cyl but we're not. I would venture to say the LSJ puts out 2-3X the exhaust gasses a N/A 4cyl would expel.

Originally Posted by BakNBlack
you go ahead and do that, if you would do something against good sound advice form all these people because you want to see a friggin peice of paper go right ahead child, and if someone didnt know their cars performance well enough to tell when something is wrong they should not be driving a "go fast" car
Good sounding advice? You mean personal opinion. Show me a dyno or STFU
Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Onyxd04Redline
Ohh come on adam you know that comment is flawed. I can't think of one person that has even dyno'd a full 3" catback system on this board but i may be wrong. The only guys i ever hear about how a 3" exhaust is wrong are the guys who are basing that opinion on there own thinking with no experience to back it up. They say a 3" is too large because they are simply thinking we're a 4cyl but we're not. I would venture to say the LSJ puts out 2-3X the exhaust gasses a N/A 4cyl would expel.
I'm not necessarily talking about power but I'm talking about when there is something wrong with your car, you know it. When you drive a vehicle everyday, you notice differences in how it's running. If you're misfiring, you can tell without a check engine light coming on. I'm just saying you can notice when there is a problem.

I don't remember seeing a dyno but I'm going by theory though and even you said that if you get a stage 2 that it will make up for the loss of power...

But I will agree that some torque loss is good cause you guys are FWD
Old 07-09-2007, 01:39 PM

Good sounding advice? You mean personal opinion. Show me a dyno or STFU
once again acting little punk ass kid that needs a ******* beating. and your not a 4cyl huh? hmm i thought all balts were 4 bangers, guess i am the idiot. but in any case no its good advice, keep running your 3 inch little boy. i am starting the emails to flowmaster, magnaflow, etc to tell them that they can kiss my ass for telling me that they do not recommend a 3 inch for a ss/sc. i am sure you know more about exhaust then them. better yet why dont you show me a dyno proving me wrong?? since you know everyone other then you that posted here is wrong. but i guess it doesnt matter i am sure your parents pay for your car anyway
Old 07-09-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

Only dyno i could find at the redline forums. 2.8" pulley, custom tune, 3" downpipe and catback.

once again acting little punk ass kid that needs a ******* beating. and your not a 4cyl huh? hmm i thought all balts were 4 bangers, guess i am the idiot. but in any case no its good advice, keep running your 3 inch little boy. i am starting the emails to flowmaster, magnaflow, etc to tell them that they can kiss my ass for telling me that they do not recommend a 3 inch for a ss/sc. i am sure you know more about exhaust then them. better yet why dont you show me a dyno proving me wrong?? since you know everyone other then you that posted here is wrong. but i guess it doesnt matter i am sure your parents pay for your car anyway
You whine like alittle girl.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM

hey wut about a 3" down pipe with a 2.5 exit? is that dumb as well?
Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Also Onyx

Even if what you're saying is somewhat true, it can only expel as much exhaust as it can ingest. Granted some people are running 19+ lbs of boost pressure...this is all in the manifold. This doesn't mean that people are actually ingesting as much air as possible or that air pressure is a 100% benefit especially when it plays effect into the heat being produced per pound of boost.

Another point is that you can only expel so much exhaust per cycle...this plays into effect on how large the exhaust ports are...which...they aren't very large at all. It's like if I blew into a normal size straw and then got a straw that was a inch bigger, it's not going to have the same velocity of air going through it as the smaller straw. It's the same theory and effect.

Originally Posted by SSROMER
hey wut about a 3" down pipe with a 2.5 exit? is that dumb as well?
Your exhaust is only as large as the smallest point.

Last edited by NJHK; 07-09-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-09-2007, 01:49 PM

Only dyno i could find at the redline forums. 2.8" pulley, custom tune, 3" downpipe and catback.

You whine like alittle girl.
isnt that what i just said to you pretty much?? whining would be complaining, i wasnt complaining. i was stating the obvious. i noticed you didnt disagree with any of my "presumptions" so stop acting like the person i pegged you to be and quit argueing on this guys thread! he asking for help, and everyone but you has told him something. if you disagreed then say i disagree, not oh stfu, stfu, your stupid.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NJHK
Also Onyx

Even if what you're saying is somewhat true, it can only expel as much exhaust as it can ingest. Granted some people are running 19+ lbs of boost pressure...this is all in the manifold. This doesn't mean that people are actually ingesting as much air as possible or that air pressure is a 100% benefit especially when it plays effect into the heat being produced per pound of boost.

Another point is that you can only expel so much exhaust per cycle...this plays into effect on how large the exhaust ports are...which...they aren't very large at all. It's like if I blew into a normal size straw and then got a straw that was a inch bigger, it's not going to have the same velocity of air going through it as the smaller straw. It's the same theory and effect.
Another good point adam. I'm not trying to say that 3" is ideal for us just trying to dispel the myth that 3" is too large.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:56 PM

Another good point adam. I'm not trying to say that 3" is ideal for us just trying to dispel the myth that 3" is too large.
I think the thing is that it's too large to be ideal for most people.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok ... if 3" is so necessary why is GM running a 2.25 " exhaust on their time attack cobalt maybe it was 2.5 but still.. it's a SC car, yes the loss of a few ft/lbs of torque wouldn't be horrible off the line... turbos need free flowing and less restriction, there are a bunch of people on redline forums who've gotten the vibrant 3" exhaust and most have said there's at least a little bit of low end loss.

Hell after I get my car boosted and built i'll be going to a 3" but my meager HP goal is 350WHP which is a good spot for a 3" exhaust... to free of flow hurts you N/a or SCed because back pressure helps

ps your dyno only shows the after... a before needs to be seen before that dyno matters
Old 07-09-2007, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
ok ... if 3" is so necessary why is GM running a 2.25 " exhaust on their time attack cobalt maybe it was 2.5 but still.. it's a SC car, yes the loss of a few ft/lbs of torque wouldn't be horrible off the line... turbos need free flowing and less restriction, there are a bunch of people on redline forums who've gotten the vibrant 3" exhaust and most have said there's at least a little bit of low end loss.

Hell after I get my car boosted and built i'll be going to a 3" but my meager HP goal is 350WHP which is a good spot for a 3" exhaust... to free of flow hurts you N/a or SCed because back pressure helps

ps your dyno only shows the after... a before needs to be seen before that dyno matters
thank you
Old 07-09-2007, 02:53 PM

thank you
your welcome?
Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM

lol, anyway this is getting crazy, i am getting angry with a teenager with a keyboard. i am out, i think ol boy got enough advice to make his own decision
Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM

lol, anyway this is getting crazy, i am getting angry with a teenager with a keyboard. i am out, i think ol boy got enough advice to make his own decision
haha very true.. thats why i stop posting alot of times... some people get very dense and constantly start flame wars... so it gets pointless and gets to the point where you start looking bad for continuing
Old 07-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

Quote me where i said it was "Necessary" for our cars to have a 3" exhaust. All i said is that if you want max power you should have a 3" downpipe/catback. You guys said 3" is too large and i proved you wrong with a dyno yet i'm still wrong when i posted facts and not just opinions.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:12 PM

blah blah, lets move on people
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote me where i said it was "Necessary" for our cars to have a 3" exhaust. All i said is that if you want max power you should have a 3" downpipe/catback. You guys said 3" is too large and i proved you wrong with a dyno yet i'm still wrong when i posted facts and not just opinions.
they dyno you posted proves NOTHING except how much power someone's car makes.

everything always turns into a fight here, damn guys, chill out.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM

how did you prove anyone wrong.... you didn't post a baseline from before the exhaust... and no for max power you don't want that little resistance... free flow is hurting the lsj...

regardless... on a basically stock car... 3" exhaust is too much... hell hahn says a 2.5" kit would be perfectly fine for their kit for th 2.4... and thats a turbo kit so you want less back pressure..

now i went against my own rule by posting more...

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
they dyno you posted proves NOTHING except how much power someone's car makes.

everything always turns into a fight here, damn guys, chill out.
seriously ... lately this board is turning into a troll/flame fest... and less of a site to get useful information..

Last edited by elecblue06; 07-09-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-09-2007, 03:16 PM

how did you prove anyone wrong.... you didn't post a baseline from before the exhaust... and no for max power you don't want that little resistance... free flow is hurting the lsj...

regardless... on a basically stock car... 3" exhaust is too much... hell hahn says a 2.5" kit would be perfectly fine for their kit for th 2.4... and thats a turbo kit so you want less back pressure..

just walk away man, walk away, lmao
Old 07-09-2007, 03:20 PM

seriously ... lately this board is turning into a troll/flame fest... and less of a site to get useful information..
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense...getting rid of restriction means getting rid of backpressure. He is right that the less backpressure will benefit you power wise and exhaust flow wise BUT it's about keeping a balance of less backpressure and good exhaust velocity.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Banned

People think i'm talking about stock cars? Then i agree 2.5" is ideal for stockers but for those going with S2 and 2.8" and smaller pulley's then 3" would be advisable.

You don't want to run a 3"? That's fine. It's all good.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:26 PM

well we were talking about a stock car, guess you should have read everything before you jumped in with your stfu stuff huh????
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

well we were talking about a stock car, guess you should have read everything before you jumped in with your stfu stuff huh????
Since i imagine you own an SS. What's the first mod you're going to do besides the airbox mod? S2?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:29 PM

man we arent pulling your leg here, i dont think a supra with like 38lbs of boost needs 3 inches
3inch is desil territory.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Banned

I hate to even bring this up but one of the fastest supra's in the country is in phoenix and he runs a 4" exhaust. He was in SCC awhile ago.

Quick Reply: This Sucks !!