2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Supercharger Newbie Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Supercharger Newbie Question

Okay guys, most of my experience of upgrading cars comes from my j-body days. Now when it comes to my Cavalier, I was pretty compotent about upgrades and stuff. Basically, I didn't feel like an idiot like I do now!

So, I have an '05 Cobalt SS. Of course it's supercharged. Now, I'd love to modify it to get more horses (duh) but I'm afraid to touch it! I know nothing about superchargers! I'm afraid that if I add something I'll jack it up.

For us SS owers, what are some good beginner performance mods? My brother does tinting and alarms, so of course tinting and alarming are pretty much a given.

My old Z24 had a Weapon-R intake, motor mounts and a cat-back exhaust along with the B&M shift enhancer. It was modest at best, but I loved the power it produced! I'm very much more impressed with the power of this thing "out of the box"!

So, what's some advice for a newb like me? Thanks!

Looz
Old 07-21-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LoozCannon
Okay guys, most of my experience of upgrading cars comes from my j-body days. Now when it comes to my Cavalier, I was pretty compotent about upgrades and stuff. Basically, I didn't feel like an idiot like I do now!

So, I have an '05 Cobalt SS. Of course it's supercharged. Now, I'd love to modify it to get more horses (duh) but I'm afraid to touch it! I know nothing about superchargers! I'm afraid that if I add something I'll jack it up.

For us SS owers, what are some good beginner performance mods? My brother does tinting and alarms, so of course tinting and alarming are pretty much a given.

My old Z24 had a Weapon-R intake, motor mounts and a cat-back exhaust along with the B&M shift enhancer. It was modest at best, but I loved the power it produced! I'm very much more impressed with the power of this thing "out of the box"!

So, what's some advice for a newb like me? Thanks!

Looz
intake and cat-back is something you could do. progably a max of 15hp outputable from this upgrade.

I think K&N has a intake out.