2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

TRD Supercharger VS Eaton M62

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The trd supercharger is fools gold and ridiculous...the ******* pulley snout goes all the way across the engine bay because toyota couldn't figure out how to mount it on the other side...plus it's like 3k. I'm surprised toyota has allowed trd to become the joke it is in america...it's not a joke in japan. Trucks...trucks...pickup trucks...gay. That's like making a "ss" chevy minivan which I'm sure chevy's going to do.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:17 PM

The centrifugal TRD superchargers for the Scion Tc are a joke....

I raced one in my bone stock SS/SC and I beat him with ease...

Cobalt SS/SC > Scion Tc w TRD supercharger X5...

But... I know of a turbo Tc that I wouldn't dare and try race... At least not with my SS/SC but maybe a SS/TC...
Old 09-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 07touringcoupe
10k cheaper? Are you serious? I got my tc for 17150. Yea you get what you pay for but for what it comes with standard you cant beat 17. Also interior? What? the cobalts interior is so damn plain and cheezy its un real. Scions interior is 10 times
You can get an ss/tc for 23k.

It will run low 13's with almost nothing done to them.

TC will run you 17k ive seen them for a good amount more.

And with full bolt ons your not even close to as fast as an SS/TC stock.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by UmeNNis
There is a TRD SC TC near me... carbon fiber hood and trunk and all... looks clean, but he raced me a few times and when I beat him both from a roll and a dig, all he had to say to me was 'I would have won if you didn't have a smaller pulley' (side note... I don't lol...)

I couldn't bear to tell him the truth...
I'm a bit of a jackass.....i woulda told him.

My roommate has an 08 tc, the fastest year, and he can't stand it. he's done the research and all that stuff on the factory backed SC...and he can't stand it or his car, wants out of it now.

My roomated wanted me to tell you this UmeNNis:

"Tell that tC owner this next time he see him: No, the reason you lost is because you drive a TRD Supercharged TC you ***!"
Old 09-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
I saw this thread title and called BULLSHIT! TRD TC's are just that, TURDS. Those things are ***** slow. This thread is hilarious.
lol i saw TRD TC and just read it in my head TURD TC lol.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Spectral
You can get an ss/tc for 23k.

It will run low 13's with almost nothing done to them.

TC will run you 17k ive seen them for a good amount more.

And with full bolt ons your not even close to as fast as an SS/TC stock.
Low 13s in a stock turboed cobalt? Naaa i dought it, maybe high 13s low 14s with a very good driver besides ive heard about them things goin in the shop more than anythin, so if the tc doent have the speed, it definatly have the quality. Ok and your are comparing a N/A car with a car with a turbo. That is not comparsion. None.... Slap a turbo on a tc and it would walk a supercharged and turboed cobalt anyday. Tcs aren't in the same category as cobalts maybe the N/A cobalts, but the supercharged and the turboed ones, not even close. The supercharged tc arent even in the same boat as a ss s/c, thats like comparing a corba to a ss s/c. Its a losing battle no matter how you put it
Old 09-19-2008, 01:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07touringcoupe
Low 13s in a stock turboed cobalt? Naaa i dought it, maybe high 13s low 14s with a very good driver besides ive heard about them things goin in the shop more than anythin, so if the tc doent have the speed, it definatly have the quality. Ok and your are comparing a N/A car with a car with a turbo. That is not comparsion. None.... Slap a turbo on a tc and it would walk a supercharged and turboed cobalt anyday. Tcs aren't in the same category as cobalts maybe the N/A cobalts, but the supercharged and the turboed ones, not even close. The supercharged tc arent even in the same boat as a ss s/c, thats like comparing a corba to a ss s/c. Its a losing battle no matter how you put it
wow are you that retarded..

hahn ran a 13.2 with a catback and tune.. on an ss /tc. someone ran a 13.8 on a totally stock ss/tc...

a turboed tc depending on psi would be about as fast as the stock ss/tc

a trd sced scion tc.. has 200 CRANK HP.. and has been walked by my bolt on 2.4 ion...

if you drop pulley sizes on the trd sc and fab a fmic setup then it can be good but stock on 5 psi it adds like 20 whp.. and once you turn up the boost there goes the warranty on it so it was pointless to get the trd SC since it super expensive and extra super inefficent ..

not to mention toyota quality hasnt been doing too great last time i checked anyway

and as far as compairing a na car to a stock boosted one.. most of the tc's when i was looking at them were coming to around 20K or so soo it's under the same category.. the under 25K category the 4 banger category

damn you're way off base.. sorry i looked into scion tcs before i got my ion... none of your statements hold water at all man
Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
The centrifugal TRD superchargers for the Scion Tc are a joke....

I raced one in my bone stock SS/SC and I beat him with ease...

Cobalt SS/SC > Scion Tc w TRD supercharger X5...

But... I know of a turbo Tc that I wouldn't dare and try race... At least not with my SS/SC but maybe a SS/TC...
just slap on stage 2 and youll be all set
Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADSS/SC
just slap on stage 2 and youll be all set
That would help. It's fast. In fact it's on streetfire.net. It's like a Lime Green color one. With a body kit. I believe it has a larger turbo on it, and maybe a 50 or 100 shot.

I know a lightly modded SS/TC would probably be able to take it on though...
Old 09-19-2008, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SS4EVER
That would help. It's fast. In fact it's on streetfire.net. It's like a Lime Green color one. With a body kit. I believe it has a larger turbo on it, and maybe a 50 or 100 shot.

I know a lightly modded SS/TC would probably be able to take it on though...
dont be scared of that crap. Most of those turboed and N20ed TC's dont even break mid 13's. Theyre ****
Old 09-19-2008, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
wow are you that retarded..

hahn ran a 13.2 with a catback and tune.. on an ss /tc. someone ran a 13.8 on a totally stock ss/tc...

a turboed tc depending on psi would be about as fast as the stock ss/tc

a trd sced scion tc.. has 200 CRANK HP.. and has been walked by my bolt on 2.4 ion...

if you drop pulley sizes on the trd sc and fab a fmic setup then it can be good but stock on 5 psi it adds like 20 whp.. and once you turn up the boost there goes the warranty on it so it was pointless to get the trd SC since it super expensive and extra super inefficent ..

not to mention toyota quality hasnt been doing too great last time i checked anyway

and as far as compairing a na car to a stock boosted one.. most of the tc's when i was looking at them were coming to around 20K or so soo it's under the same category.. the under 25K category the 4 banger category

damn you're way off base.. sorry i looked into scion tcs before i got my ion... none of your statements hold water at all man
thank you for that post.
i thought i was going to have to slap someone
Old 09-19-2008, 02:21 PM

dont be scared of that crap. Most of those turboed and N20ed TC's dont even break mid 13's. Theyre ****
you also dnt know WTF you're talking about
Old 09-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
you also dnt know WTF you're talking about
Ive been on their forums. I have yet to see ONE in the 12's with all their mods. Theyre a **** platform to mod and work with.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:21 PM

Ive been on their forums. I have yet to see ONE in the 12's with all their mods. Theyre a **** platform to mod and work with.
they need driver mods.. i've seen a low 300 hp one run low 13's spinning like a bitch off the line.. sc'ed ones are ****

turbo'd ones can be beasts

oh and your welcome spectral lol
Old 09-19-2008, 07:51 PM

Haha, yeah if the driver of it challenged me and I was driving a SS/TC I wouldn't be as scared but I know it would easily take on my stock SS/SC...
Old 09-19-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by SS07
Yea, that's a built car, I used to work for Scion and we had one of these SC'd TCs and it was sloooowwww.
I still do work for toyota/scion as the lead parts guy and the Scion TC's supercharger is a piece of bolt on ****. I always tell people to go turbo for that kind of money!!! We did a few and I was not impressed at all.. **** the 4cy tacoma supercharger kits more then that
Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Hehe they make a pumpkin srt-4? That's awesome.

The TC isn't that bad a car it just has no character like the rsx or the mazda 3 (not the ms3)...I think the celica has more character but it's ridiculously expensive for the performance. Toyota...you fools!