2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Trifecta for LSJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trifecta for LSJ

I'v seen alot of good feedback on trifecta tunes for the LNF and wanted to see if anyone is running a trifecta tune for their lsj. I know that they do tune the lsj but havent seen much on here about this set up. I'm in the market to get tuned here shortly and want some feedback. if you have trifecta and lsj please list your mods and how well your tune is working.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:55 AM

Go to Junior down @ The Shop in CT and get it tuned by him I've heard a lot of good things from people about his tuning and your not that far away, I'm getting mine tuned in the spring by him after the car comes back out
Old 12-14-2009, 10:01 AM

I got Trifecta on my LSJ and I'm not impressed at all.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Premium Member

Why is this mike
Old 12-14-2009, 10:14 AM

With everything i got on the car i only put 255 whp. I feel it should be more. I seen people with 2.9 pulleys put more than me. lol without methanol.

haha and where have you been hiding jason?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MP Cobalt
With everything i got on the car i only put 255 whp. I feel it should be more. I seen people with 2.9 pulleys put more than me. lol without methanol.

haha and where have you been hiding jason?
you do realize dynos are subjective ?

have you ran it in to 1/4 / raced anyone
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Premium Member

I can't really comment. Don't have a LSJ…
Old 12-14-2009, 10:25 AM

ran it 1/4 with stock tires ran a 13.8 first time at the track and cracked my bell housing. Dyno's aren't that subjective. I was hoping for at least 260whp. Once i get a bigger exhaust we'll see maybe thats why

Believe me I was with Trifecta when i had a fully bolted stage 2 cammed cobalt Jason knows that. I don't know how yours runs but mine always had problems. We are still working on Nicks car. I think he got the tune down pat with NWAE's cobalt after he bought all my stuff.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

ran it 1/4 with stock tires ran a 13.8 first time at the track and cracked my bell housing. Dyno's aren't that subjective. I was hoping for at least 260whp. Once i get a bigger exhaust we'll see maybe thats why

Believe me I was with Trifecta when i had a fully bolted stage 2 cammed cobalt Jason knows that. I don't know how yours runs but mine always had problems. We are still working on Nicks car. I think he got the tune down pat with NWAE's cobalt after he bought all my stuff.
put a header on and see what happens. that gmpp thing is junk. i bet you'd gain 10whp~ just from that
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM

trifecta FTL

and im done
Old 12-14-2009, 11:12 AM

if you want a trifecta tune let me know i can give you a good deal
Old 12-14-2009, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
put a header on and see what happens. that gmpp thing is junk. i bet you'd gain 10whp~ just from that
Yeah i know i'm saving for the zzp shorty header
Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 AM

you were hoping for 260.. and you got 255? thats nothing lol a 5 whp swap can EASILY be done by whether or air flow/ lack of air flow inthe shop.. i mean yea it could be more hp but seriously lol your not going to be dynoing 280 or anything close with that setup.. the people with E85 are pushing numbers that high

there are alot of 2.7 and 2.8 pullied guys putting down what you did in the dyno thread.... really a 2.7 just gives more torque usually with a little more hp...

i've seen a dyno drop 40 hp off a car because it wasnt setup correctly...it's not that hard

Originally Posted by glen229
trifecta FTL

and im done
lol .. again man you keep saying that.. i'll pit my trifecta tuned car against yours man.. hell

once i get my suspension worked out .. we can have a frendly wager.. i'll goto smg.. and he can dyno tune it .. if he doesnt pull 15 + whp out of it.. (we dyno my setup first) you pay for my the dyno / tune ... if it does i'll pay for it

Last edited by elecblue06; 12-14-2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
you were hoping for 260.. and you got 255? thats nothing lol a 5 whp swap can EASILY be done by whether or air flow/ lack of air flow inthe shop.. i mean yea it could be more hp but seriously lol your not going to be dynoing 280 or anything close with that setup.. the people with E85 are pushing numbers that high

there are alot of 2.7 and 2.8 pullied guys putting down what you did in the dyno thread.... really a 2.7 just gives more torque usually with a little more hp...

i've seen a dyno drop 40 hp off a car because it wasnt setup correctly...it's not that hard

lol .. again man you keep saying that.. i'll pit my trifecta tuned car against yours man.. hell

once i get my suspension worked out .. we can have a frendly wager.. i'll goto smg.. and he can dyno tune it .. if he doesnt pull 15 + whp out of it.. (we dyno my setup first) you pay for my the dyno / tune ... if it does i'll pay for it
side by side LNF's with in 5 min of each other

278 trifecta (moepwr)

303+ smg (mkulrey, and a couple others all over 300whp)

lol ill take that bet
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 AM

i've tuned 2 lsj's .. both of them have had great results.. and been more then happy with their car afterwards.. you could physically feel the car feel better after we tuned the car and one of them ws hp tuned prior

side by side LNF's with in 5 min of each other

278 trifecta

303 smg

lol ill take that bet
okidoke i'll definitely let you know when i get everything situated

sample size of maybe a hand full fail there have been multiple cars that have made more with a trifecta tune then hptune.. so trifecta doesnt fail

Last edited by elecblue06; 12-14-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2009, 11:36 AM

Yeah and I know a guy that put down 270 with a 2.9 HPTuned
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 AM

listen, im not saying that the trifecta tune isnt going to make the car better

im saying when you have a dyno shop like 25 min from your house and an excelent tuner, why the **** would you go threw trifecta, its a waste of time

if i lived no where near any dyno tuning shop then hellyeah, i would have a trifecta tune for sure

but its sucha hassel when you can get it done and complete it 1.5 hours compared to mulitple days, and the price is similar, if you get a trifecta tune THEN dyno it wtf lol your paying the same money

im done, lol ill let the trifecta fanboys take over

i've tuned 2 lsj's .. both of them have had great results.. and been more then happy with their car afterwards.. you could physically feel the car feel better after we tuned the car and one of them ws hp tuned prior

okidoke i'll definitely let you know when i get everything situated

sample size of maybe a hand full fail there have been multiple cars that have made more with a trifecta tune then hptune.. so trifecta doesnt fail
i know youve seen multiple, yes

but you havent seen them on the same dyno, same day, right after each other

Last edited by glen229; 12-14-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-14-2009, 11:44 AM

listen, im not saying that the trifecta tune isnt going to make the car better

im saying when you have a dyno shop like 25 min from your house and an excelent tuner, why the **** would you go threw trifecta, its a waste of time

if i lived no where near any dyno tuning shop then hellyeah, i would have a trifecta tune for sure

but its sucha hassel when you can get it done and complete it 1.5 hours compared to mulitple days, and the price is similar, if you get a trifecta tune THEN dyno it wtf lol your paying the same money

im done, lol ill let the trifecta fanboys take over

i know youve seen multiple, yes

but you havent seen them on the same dyno, same day, right after each other

it's not a fanboi thing you came in and said they fail.. if you said .. if you have a good dyno tuner by you then i'd go with that, that would be one thing..but you didnt it's your douche attitude

i've had cars that we've tune race tuned lnf vs bolt on and other persons tuned lnf(tune done by a respectable shop).. and it wasnt the shop tune that won..

there are alot of factors..

dont come off like a dick about it and trifecta tuned people wont jump on you for it .. hows that for an idea
Old 12-14-2009, 11:47 AM

no, if i was a dick like you say, i would have posted something like this:

"your a ******* idiot, search theres thousands of threads about people asking for trifecta tunes for LSJ, and trifecta tunes ******* suck /thread"

^like alot of people would have posted

i don't think that by posting trifecta ftl, THEN informative information makes me in ANY way a dick or have have a DOUCHE attitude

thanks
Old 12-14-2009, 02:58 PM

Yeah i know i'm saving for the zzp shorty header
Just FYI zzp doesnt have there shorty header anymore I have been around and around with them on that so you'll probably have to go with the CA header which isnt bad at all.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Supercharged Guy
Just FYI zzp doesnt have there shorty header anymore I have been around and around with them on that so you'll probably have to go with the CA header which isnt bad at all.
Are you ******* serious. I want the 1 5/8 primaries, and I like ZZP's quality. When CA said 1.7 diameter tubing are they trying to say 1.7 primaries?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:45 PM

Yeah I believe so, Im pissed to man I wanted zzp's shorty header but Instead I got the CA v2 Header which is of good quality and does the job
Old 12-15-2009, 02:56 PM

I wonder why they stopped making it. I wish OTTP would make a shorty header. lol I guess it's CA V2 or Hahn header. I'll have to call them and be like wtf guy
Old 12-15-2009, 07:20 PM

Yeah when I sent them an E-mail they wrote back saying that there are to many headers out there right now and it cost to much and takes to much time to make a good quality header and the hahn shorty header is priced way to high so you mise well go with the CA v2, keep the money in your pocket for future mods..
Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 PM

Talking

I am Trifecta tuned and I couldn't be more impressed with the power. If my clutch could actually handle all of the power, that would be another story.

Quick Reply: Trifecta for LSJ