2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Trifecta Tuning on LSJs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Area47
let me bold it for you.
I think he has to tweak some of the cal files. Since every intake isnt the same he has to make adjustments for that as well. And intercoolers arent the same and so fourth. Now do i think he copy and pastes the same file over and over sure. But I do think he does have to tweak the cal per car, otherwise the car would run like crap if the same tune was always loaded in. I do however believe that he has files for lets say a fully bolted lsj or lnf and starts there and sometimes sure the log comes back good. Now in all my loaded and logged tunes he has had to send updates for both lnf and lsj's. I also believe that he has standard tunes for stock vehicles that he doesnt do anything to. To say that for a fact that all his tunes are not tweaked, I think is out of line. But agian my title of dealer also says that i re-sell tunes which are obviously pre-made, but again i dont know the facts on how true my statements are and I make no claim they are. Its just my opinion on it
Old 11-13-2012, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by 06cobalt racer
we can see the logs now?? how?
i pm'd the link let me know if you got it
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by strazdice
got it thank you
Old 11-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Could u pm me the link as well? If its just the newest version of ezflash I already have that and downloaded it if not, please pm me
Old 11-13-2012, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Right no one is a fan of canned tunes. Why wouldn't you consider the custom tune? I'm asking because of the interrest of your answer.
Becuase Vince isn't going to log my car, and optimally tweak different parameters and tables based upon my car. He probably has a few different variations of LSJ flashes to accomodate certain mods, and sends them based upon the customers vehicle. There is no way he can do this for each customer. So at the end of the day it is still a canned tune

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
It is the genuine GMR S3 tune w/ a/c unlocked.... Nothing more.

I purchased the GMR S3 setup 3 years ago, and was getting tired of not having a/c. Once Vince cracked the "code" to unlock a/c, I sent my genuine GMR S3 PCM to have the file uploaded.

It is the same exact tune. Now, if you opt for custom tuning from Trifecta, then it turns into "Trifecta S3" which uses the GMR S3 O.S as a base, but is tweaked to your mods.

This is still a common misunderstanding, and I hope I some what clarified it. I'm not a fan of remote tuning (I rather have the tuning performed in person), so I opted not to have any Trifecta tuning performed.
Not trying to come off as a jerk here, but have you actually logged before with the GMS3 PCM and after Vince unlocked the AC to compare? I am sure that Vince can add the GMS3 features no problem to any LSJ PCM, so who's to say that he just doesn't add a GMS3 mimicked Trifecta tune on top of the current PCM? This just had me wondering since Trifecta does the GMS3 update via EZ Flash, and I thought that the GMS3 PCM used a different processor vs the OEM PCM. But I could be wrong on that.

I just don't have a lot of faith in canned tunes, but I do trust GMs tunes. So if it is a 100% GM flash untouched except for unlocking the AC, this will hold me over for now
Old 11-14-2012, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think there is any way to know for sure if it is a 100% duplicate of the gms3. I am pretty sure there are a number of tables that you can't see in hptuners that are changed from the base tune. Vince might be able to see them but I don't that anyone else other than the guys at hptuners can. Efi might Also be able to see them.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
Becuase Vince isn't going to log my car, and optimally tweak different parameters and tables based upon my car. He probably has a few different variations of LSJ flashes to accomodate certain mods, and sends them based upon the customers vehicle. There is no way he can do this for each customer. So at the end of the day it is still a canned tune
ok, so because he isnt actually logging your car you wont do it? How is there no way he cant program each car? Its not like hes doing a hundred a day. Ok so let me say this if each car has his canned tunes as you call them why dont they all make the same power? With them having the same mods on?(besides elevation and weather)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts

Not trying to come off as a jerk here, but have you actually logged before with the GMS3 PCM and after Vince unlocked the AC to compare? I am sure that Vince can add the GMS3 features no problem to any LSJ PCM, so who's to say that he just doesn't add a GMS3 mimicked Trifecta tune on top of the current PCM? This just had me wondering since Trifecta does the GMS3 update via EZ Flash, and I thought that the GMS3 PCM used a different processor vs the OEM PCM. But I could be wrong on that.

I just don't have a lot of faith in canned tunes, but I do trust GMs tunes. So if it is a 100% GM flash untouched except for unlocking the AC, this will hold me over for now
Yes. I logged it. It's the exact same, because it was sourced from a genuine GMS3 file. I logged it via interceptor, so no scans to post, but I have all of it copied down in my log book.

People on here get confused, then that confusion spreads. This is what happened here. Vince does not alter the GMS3 file unless u ask for it. It is still considered GMS3 until u have Trifecta mess with the tunning side of it. Unlocking the A/C does nothing in terms of altering the tune. All it did was turn on what GM turned off when they wrote the file to keep it an "Off Road" tune. I sent my PCM to Pyros777, he uploaded the GMS3 file w/ A/C unlocked. I have countless e-mails between me and him asking questions about the tune. Trust me it's the same. I can send u them if u still don't believe me.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 11-14-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltItaliano
Could u pm me the link as well? If its just the newest version of ezflash I already have that and downloaded it if not, please pm me
sent out
Old 11-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Former Vendor

Wow there is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

1. If you order a GMS3 OS for your LSJ- it will still be a custom tune to your mods unless you specify otherwise. Vince doesn't really care which one you want, he'll provide it no problem. If you say you don't want him to do anything to it, he won't. And yes, it can be flashed to ANY LSJ ECM.

2. They are not canned tunes. A canned tune is the budget tune, or superchips, or hypertech. Yes he sends out a generic file at first, and then adjusts it if needed once the logs come in. I've personally done around 400 vehicles with Vince and work with him on a lot of the R&D and features. I have done dyno tunes with him, and there are a lot of vendors that use Trifecta for all their stuff- big name companies too.

3. Trifecta does not endorse that third party log software and has never tested it, so we can't say for sure you're seeing accurate data. It's probably safe to assume it is accurate, but you never know.

4. We're the cheapest place around to get Trifecta cables and Trifecta tunes and we've got over 600 customers running tunes bought from us. We're able to get a hold of Vince quickly and get you updates within 24 hours if needed. Check us out before you buy from anyone else.

5. I've never had a single customer blow a motor running a tune. I've had a customer of mine leave and go with a certain HPTuners tune from someone on here, I won't mention any names. His motor blew and was replaced under warranty. He has since switched back to Trifecta. There are great tuners out there and if you decide Trifecta isn't for you, more power to you. For a lot of people it is a great option and it works well. All this bad mouthing other tuners just makes everyone look foolish. I've never heard Vince say a single bad word about any of the HPTuners tuners but everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon of bashing him. How quickly you've all forgotten that you wouldn't have most of the tables you do if it wasn't for Vince. HPTuners half assed support for the LNF the first time and called it a day, said they were done with development for it. Vince came out with new stuff, E85 included and the HPTuners community was outraged that their precious software company wrote them off to go back to V8s. It took you guys blowing up the forums to get more tables unlocked, and before that you needed Vince's layer files. You should be thankful for what he did for you- he got HPT off their ass and got them to develop more stuff for you to play with.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM

i had my LT trifecta tuned... never had problems..

that said, I went with an HPtune on my SS/TC.

I dont have to wait around on someone elses timeframe to get my car done. I dont need to worry about logging software not being "accurate" due to no testing (as mentioned above). I have the chance to learn more about my car and how it acts by doing the tuning, and I can edit tables to be better than what vince could give in a much shorter amount of time. I can change something instantly if I see something going on. I know exactly how the car is tuned, which to me means alot. Having the power of HPT at your fingertips is priceless really and for the true modder its the only way to go.

I find vince to be an awesome programmer, but tuner not as much. I'm not taking anything away from vince because he has helped our platform greatly, but the fact that I have to tune around someone elses schedule with him is a massive issue. thats an issue I think everyone can relate to. Not knowing the specifics of the tune is an issue to me. Granted for those not so mechanically inclined to tune there own car, trifecta can be a very viable option where you have to accept the waiting...... It may run rich, it may not be the most powerful, it may not even run the best but it runs and I have yet to see a car myself get blown just because of vince's doings. Remote tuning is not as good as in person tuning (given equal tuners). point blank.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:26 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BNRacing

1. If you order a GMS3 OS for your LSJ- it will still be a custom tune to your mods unless you specify otherwise. Vince doesn't really care which one you want, he'll provide it no problem. If you say you don't want him to do anything to it, he won't. And yes, it can be flashed to ANY LSJ ECM.

2. They are not canned tunes. A canned tune is the budget tune, or superchips, or hypertech. Yes he sends out a generic file at first, and then adjusts it if needed once the logs come in. I've personally done around 400 vehicles with Vince and work with him on a lot of the R&D and features. I have done dyno tunes with him, and there are a lot of vendors that use Trifecta for all their stuff- big name companies too.

3. Trifecta does not endorse that third party log software and has never tested it, so we can't say for sure you're seeing accurate data. It's probably safe to assume it is accurate, but you never know.

4. We're the cheapest place around to get Trifecta cables and Trifecta tunes and we've got over 600 customers running tunes bought from us. We're able to get a hold of Vince quickly and get you updates within 24 hours if needed. Check us out before you buy from anyone else.

5. I've never had a single customer blow a motor running a tune. I've had a customer of mine leave and go with a certain HPTuners tune from someone on here, I won't mention any names. His motor blew and was replaced under warranty. He has since switched back to Trifecta. There are great tuners out there and if you decide Trifecta isn't for you, more power to you. For a lot of people it is a great option and it works well. All this bad mouthing other tuners just makes everyone look foolish. I've never heard Vince say a single bad word about any of the HPTuners tuners but everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon of bashing him. How quickly you've all forgotten that you wouldn't have most of the tables you do if it wasn't for Vince. HPTuners half assed support for the LNF the first time and called it a day, said they were done with development for it. Vince came out with new stuff, E85 included and the HPTuners community was outraged that their precious software company wrote them off to go back to V8s. It took you guys blowing up the forums to get more tables unlocked, and before that you needed Vince's layer files. You should be thankful for what he did for you- he got HPT off their ass and got them to develop more stuff for you to play with.
I feel this is still might confuse people vs. what I've been trying to explain about the a/c unlocked feature.

If u order just the GMS3 OS w a/c unlocked u will get just that.... No PCM/tune adjustments to the original GMS3 file. If u order GMS3/Trifecta S3 u will have the ability to custom tune for your mods via Vince.

This is how it was done when I purchased the a/c unlocked feature 2 years ago. Maybe things changed.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 11-14-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by padlock

I dont have to wait around on someone elses timeframe to get my car done. I dont need to worry about logging software not being "accurate" due to no testing (as mentioned above). I have the chance to learn more about my car and how it acts by doing the tuning, and I can edit tables to be better than what vince could give in a much shorter amount of time. I can change something instantly if I see something going on. I know exactly how the car is tuned, which to me means alot. Having the power of HPT at your fingertips is priceless really and for the true modder its the only way to go.

I find vince to be an awesome programmer, but tuner not as much. I'm not taking anything away from vince because he has helped our platform greatly, but the fact that I have to tune around someone elses schedule with him is a massive issue. thats an issue I think everyone can relate to. Not knowing the specifics of the tune is an issue to me. Granted for those not so mechanically inclined to tune there own car, trifecta can be a very viable option where you have to accept the waiting...... It may run rich, it may not be the most powerful, it may not even run the best but it runs and I have yet to see a car myself get blown just because of vince's doings. Remote tuning is not as good as in person tuning (given equal tuners). point blank.
you miss read what he was saying. he isnt talking about the logs that you take. he was talking about us being able to view the logs. the program for that wasnt tested by trifecta
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes. I logged it. It's the exact same, because it was sourced from a genuine GMS3 file. I logged it via interceptor, so no scans to post, but I have all of it copied down in my log book.

People on here get confused, then that confusion spreads. This is what happened here. Vince does not alter the GMS3 file unless u ask for it. It is still considered GMS3 until u have Trifecta mess with the tunning side of it. Unlocking the A/C does nothing in terms of altering the tune. All it did was turn on what GM turned off when they wrote the file to keep it an "Off Road" tune. I sent my PCM to Pyros777, he uploaded the GMS3 file w/ A/C unlocked. I have countless e-mails between me and him asking questions about the tune. Trust me it's the same. I can send u them if u still don't believe me.
How did you log with the Interceptor? Other than recording parameter set data for less than 1 minute and allowing you to play it back, I know of no other way. What paramenters did you log?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:25 AM

you bought the hpt program? because i recall you saying that you had someone else tune the car? the BS of waiting is getting old, I get a same day response outta Vince. otherwise lets line up bud and walk the walk............. BNR why you gotta knock the dealers good info tho EDIT: i did say i could see the logs not that it was accurate.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by BNRacing

BTW Thank You! Well i'm waiting on the response from, area47 and victory red ss and others.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

How did you log with the Interceptor? Other than recording parameter set data for less than 1 minute and allowing you to play it back, I know of no other way. What paramenters did you log?
What do u mean how did I log with an interceptor?? It's the same as doing a pull with HPT and logging the results. No, u wont get as many parameters at once as with HPT, but after back to back pulls and recording two parameters at once u get what u need info wise.

I logged timing, cmnd a/f, a/f ratio, injector pw, fuel trims, O2 output, MAF, etc.

I get around a min per recording fyi.

There is nothing to argue (not saying u r, but I sense u still don't understand or believe me).... the parameters are the same with both the standard GM flash of the GMR S3 tune or the flash with a/c unlocked.

As I've said before, nothing will change unless u opt for custom tuning.

Like I said, if u still don't believe me, I have the e-mails to back it up. I'll send u them if u would like.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 11-15-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:20 AM

you bought the hpt program? because i recall you saying that you had someone else tune the car? the BS of waiting is getting old, I get a same day response outta Vince. otherwise lets line up bud and walk the walk............. BNR why you gotta knock the dealers good info tho EDIT: i did say i could see the logs not that it was accurate.
ok fine you caught me in a little white fib for the time being. HPT is on order right now and should be here next week I'm hoping. Either way seeing the benefits of the software while dialing in the tune for 2 hours was more than enough for me to make these conclusions

its nice you get same day response out of vince. I never did. I'm glad you do but I didnt. how else do you want me to say that? I shouldnt have to contact a dealer to get "quicker" service, my car should be just as important as anyone elses given similar issues. when I'm logging instant results and changing them instantly is whats nice. not having to find a interwebz connection, email vince, wait for a response where your totally at his mercy (apparently your lucky), then log again most likely the next day just sucks. I'm not trying to swing HPT's nuts here because I know the pros/cons of both programs depending on the persons skills and location, its just HPT is better suited to what I want now rather than Trifecta. Call it what you want but your swinging vinces nuts and not giving a wide-eyed look at this, which I can understand because you make money with the help of him (i've done the same in the past). All this said, depending on a persons situation I still will recommend Trifecta over HP.. Trifecta is awesome for the guys that dont know anything about tuning and live out in bumm-fawk nowhere lol. Its a great remote service, but its just that, a remote service. Any well done in-person service will be better than a remote one (this assuming you actually know what your doing on HP, which is the biggest fault some people fall under as they find some rookie "know it all" tuner that messes **** up bad).

Just curious but have you ever used HPT to make any non-bias conclusions???

and yeah I'm totally cool with lining up! just gotta make time when I'm free and we can both meet someplace. I'm going to be interested to see the results just as well as you

Last edited by padlock; 11-15-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BTW Thank You! Well i'm waiting on the response from, area47 and victory red ss and others.
you can keep praising your almighty computer engineer. thats fine. what ever makes you two sleep better at night.

you two have not been around long enough to know what happened in the beginning of it all.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Wow, this thread got wayyy off topic.

Let's stop the bashing.

Some need to do a little research on here..... There's lots to be learned in the threads from way back when.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM

ok fine you caught me in a little white fib for the time being. HPT is on order right now and should be here next week I'm hoping. Either way seeing the benefits of the software while dialing in the tune for 2 hours was more than enough for me to make these conclusions

its nice you get same day response out of vince. I never did. I'm glad you do but I didnt. how else do you want me to say that? I shouldnt have to contact a dealer to get "quicker" service, my car should be just as important as anyone elses given similar issues. when I'm logging instant results and changing them instantly is whats nice. not having to find a interwebz connection, email vince, wait for a response where your totally at his mercy (apparently your lucky), then log again most likely the next day just sucks. I'm not trying to swing HPT's nuts here because I know the pros/cons of both programs depending on the persons skills and location, its just HPT is better suited to what I want now rather than Trifecta. Call it what you want but your swinging vinces nuts and not giving a wide-eyed look at this, which I can understand because you make money with the help of him (i've done the same in the past). All this said, depending on a persons situation I still will recommend Trifecta over HP.. Trifecta is awesome for the guys that dont know anything about tuning and live out in bumm-fawk nowhere lol. Its a great remote service, but its just that, a remote service. Any well done in-person service will be better than a remote one (this assuming you actually know what your doing on HP, which is the biggest fault some people fall under as they find some rookie "know it all" tuner that messes **** up bad).

Just curious but have you ever used HPT to make any non-bias conclusions???

and yeah I'm totally cool with lining up! just gotta make time when I'm free and we can both meet someplace. I'm going to be interested to see the results just as well as you
I gotcha with your point of veiw on things, and by no means am I swinging trifecta nutz.
I am open to it but since matt blew his motor and the other friend i kno who blew two of his makes it shaky on my end. but i have a friend who is good with the system, would i let him tune it sure or someone on here sure

you can keep praising your almighty computer engineer. thats fine. what ever makes you two sleep better at night.

you two have not been around long enough to know what happened in the beginning of it all.
Then please fill me in, if you dont mind???? I would like to know the facts.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM

I gotcha with your point of veiw on things, and by no means am I swinging trifecta nutz.
I am open to it but since matt blew his motor and the other friend i kno who blew two of his makes it shaky on my end. but i have a friend who is good with the system, would i let him tune it sure or someone on here sure
thats cuz matts an idiot.. PM me if you want details on that one

whose the other guy? local? an LNF?
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Former Vendor

Wow, this thread got wayyy off topic.

Let's stop the bashing.

Some need to do a little research on here..... There's lots to be learned in the threads from way back when.

Exactly what I've been trying to make happen. As for your comment about GMS3 earlier, you WERE right. That's how it used to be (and can still be if that's what the customer wants). Now we offer the GMS3 OS to all LSJ customers at no extra charge. Used to be like $100 more than a regular Trifecta tune but now it's included if you want it.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Then please fill me in, if you dont mind???? I would like to know the facts.
simple search is simple.
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...d-time-222168/

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...-ratio-258491/

whats the best tune - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

thats only the start. dig for cruze and sonic's blowing out the turbo's.

running 11.5-11.8 afr on a di motor is safe eh?

whats even more fun, dealers for vince flat out not telling the customer what afr the vehicle is running at.

sweet.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 PM

simple search is simple.
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...d-time-222168/

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...-ratio-258491/

whats the best tune - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

thats only the start. dig for cruze and sonic's blowing out the turbo's.

running 11.5-11.8 afr on a di motor is safe eh?

whats even more fun, dealers for vince flat out not telling the customer what afr the vehicle is running at.

sweet.
to further the links... remember this one

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35671

Quick Reply: Trifecta Tuning on LSJs?