2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Twin Screw Supercharger!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 12:34 PM

Wow ^. I'd probably be a little pissed off.
Old 05-18-2007 | 01:01 PM

^that's some damn good customer service, way to talk to someone who's got money invested^

Note to self: Abandon all thoughts of ever getting involved with this project.

Looks like some serious progress in that pic... some stock parts, some drawings, and some tools thrown together on a desk.
Old 05-18-2007 | 02:17 PM

let see, 6 people put down $1500 each for the TS.

$9563 was paid to purchase all the superchargers with one snout.

I've paid so far $2000 for material out of my own pocket for 20 kits as it's not worth CNC machining only 6.

My CNC guy has been nice enough not to charge labour yet.

oh right and I've invested enough hours into this project and I'm the only one designing here.

so basically I got more invested than any of the 6, so trust me when I say I want this thing done more than anyone else, but you have to remeber that I don't want 20 end plates that don't fit!

So give me time and I'll have a package ready that will kick some ass!!

I've even come up with a way that you can change the end plate without removing the lower intake manifold (which is a pain in the ass) and yes you don't have to flip the laminova's.

Jumpingfool, you need to get a life and your PM today wasn't a "mature, adult approach"
Old 05-18-2007 | 03:20 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by Mase
ok, I'll give you guys an update a week, but it should be very soon.

Just finished testing a machined piece on the lower intake manifold as we will be making a dual pass end plate made from Billet AL. You can imagine how hard it is to measure a cast piece with 11 holes in it to 0.001" accuracy.

Going to the CNC shop 2moro to start machining the end plates.
Why would you re invent the end plate wheel, you can get it from GM for a good price, no way a CNC billet will be cheaper right?
Old 05-18-2007 | 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
Why would you re invent the end plate wheel, you can get it from GM for a good price, no way a CNC billet will be cheaper right?
the end plate has 2 purposes

1. for the intercooler
2. direct the bypass air back into the SC

the top of the endplate doesn't come back enough to clear the 1200ax, also the bypass valve is built into the M62 but the 1200ax doesn't so that need to be incorprated into the endplate.

I have it all figured out already.
Old 05-18-2007 | 03:31 PM

Kind of speechless on this one
Old 05-18-2007 | 03:47 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Thumbs up Thanks for your help for the LSJ community.

I've paid so far $2000 for material out of my own pocket for 20 kits as it's not worth CNC machining only 6.

oh right and I've invested enough hours into this project and I'm the only one designing here.

so basically I got more invested than any of the 6, so trust me when I say I want this thing done more than anyone else, but you have to remeber that I don't want 20 end plates that don't fit!

I've even come up with a way that you can change the end plate without removing the lower intake manifold (which is a pain in the ass) and yes you don't have to flip the laminova's.

Jumpingfool, you need to get a life and your PM today wasn't a "mature, adult approach"
Mase most members appreciate the time/money you are investing in this project. Ignore the few who don't.
I have learned, as the many before me, that when working with something that hasn't been done yet, these things always take loneger than expected/planned.
Old 05-18-2007 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Mase most members appreciate the time/money you are investing in this project. Ignore the few who don't.
I have learned, as the many before me, that when working with something that hasn't been done yet, these things always take loneger than expected/planned.
thanks buddy

I hope you get your beast on the road soon, I got a turbo balt eyeing you
Old 05-18-2007 | 07:42 PM

Again mase thanks for the updates man, keeping our hopes and spirits up

Gonna be a sick swap... cant wait..
Old 05-18-2007 | 07:54 PM

I definitly appreciate any time being put into this. I know that since it hasn't been done before you'll run into things that weren't forseen. I've been there done that. Appreciate what you're doing. I just wish I had some $$ to put one of these on
Old 05-18-2007 | 07:55 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

thanks buddy

I hope you get your beast on the road soon, I got a turbo balt eyeing you
Considering I am coming out there when the car is ready you may get your chance.
Old 05-19-2007 | 02:42 AM

Cool Confused

Let's see how many people can twist this into something completely off the wall and nothing to do with what I'm trying to say.
Obviously there has been some misunderstanding of my approach to the matter. I have never at anytime complained about how much time the project itself has taken. After Mase appeared to be on top of things I made this post:
Originally Posted by Jumpin Fool
Hey Mase,

Thanks for stepping in on this one. Don't hurry the process to the point of getting something wrong just so you can get this monkey off your back. I appreciate you taking the time to make it right. My only gripe was, as stated before, the lack of progress reports. You and I have exchanged PM's and now I'm up to date. That makes me feel a lot better. Not as good as having a fully functioning kit arrive on my doorstep ofcourse.

I think the guys at TAG are a good bunch of guys that just got a little ahead of themselves when they started the promotion on this project. Unfortunately, as with any new idea, there were unexpected obstacles and it ended up being more work than originally planned.

I'm due to get back home from this deployment in July. Maybe it'll be my coming home present (fingers crossed).
I even boldfaced the parts for anyone that might have missed them the first time.
Perhaps if I had behaved as a disrespectful foul mouth child I might have gotten my point across.

Frankly Mase, you're supposed to have time and money invested. You chose to be a part of this project and in turn taking on the resposibilities involved. That's just part of being involved in the business world. Each time you want to get mad at somebody, give your buddy Jim a call and give him an earfull for getting you into this mess. Otherwise, be a man, suck it up, and get the job done.

Thanks again for what you have accomplished, what you have invested, and I look forward to seeing this thing finished.
Old 05-19-2007 | 05:08 AM

i myself will purchase one of these if it works out and not turbocharge lol
Old 05-19-2007 | 01:56 PM

I was thinkin bout gettin this but the increasing price is somethin i cant afford and the way Jumpin Fool was treated didnt exactly help either...
Old 05-19-2007 | 03:54 PM
Moderator Alumni

the end plate has 2 purposes

1. for the intercooler
2. direct the bypass air back into the SC

the top of the endplate doesn't come back enough to clear the 1200ax, also the bypass valve is built into the M62 but the 1200ax doesn't so that need to be incorprated into the endplate.

I have it all figured out already.
Oh cool, I didn't think of that.
Old 05-19-2007 | 04:19 PM

So much time and money! Damn, I'm glad I'm just doing mine as a one off setup. I'm not interested in dealing with all the bullshit of sales and customer complaints.
Old 05-23-2007 | 11:47 PM

theres nothing worse in this world than customers, lol, even when they're wrong, they're right....
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:01 AM

Speaking as an engineer and my entire job is design...... IT TAKES TIME!!!! flat out end of story... if it is going to be done right and done right the first time (always the cheapest way to go) then research test fits and tons of other things need to happen. **** i'm willing to bet he could turn out a piece of **** in a week but is that something you want to pay for then pay to fix as soon as you get it on? the way some of you post on here would lead me to believe that ur what 16 maybe 17... so relax enjoy your car and let the man do what he dose and in the end im willing to bet you will not mind the extra time after having a great kit to put on your balt.

just my 2 cents.
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:14 AM

Cant Wait....
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:28 AM
Banned

jumpin fool doesnt care if it takes until 2010 , all he wants is comunication , i would be pissed too if i threw down 1500 and no one was responding to my emails , i mean its kinda sad when someone who threw down 1500$ gets less response from the company than say a guy thats trying to buy an intake , you would think they would be glad to give you an update once or twice a week , i guess customer service doesnt mean **** anymore
Old 05-24-2007 | 12:49 AM

I can't wait for it either, hell, I'm glad it's taking so long. Gives me time to upgrade my suspension/driveline, put in the forged internals to accomodate the twinscrew, save the money to buy/tune it, and gies me the piece of mnd that at least someone out there still gives a an enough about a quality product to invest the extra time/steps needed to get it right the first time, with minimal bugs. I say take as long as you need, because as much flack as some people are going to give you, they will still be there to buy the end product, I mean, who else is making a twinscrew for or cars, right?
Old 05-24-2007 | 03:47 AM

Talking There's still hope

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
jumpin fool doesnt care if it takes until 2010 , all he wants is comunication , i would be pissed too if i threw down 1500 and no one was responding to my emails , i mean its kinda sad when someone who threw down 1500$ gets less response from the company than say a guy thats trying to buy an intake , you would think they would be glad to give you an update once or twice a week , i guess customer service doesnt mean **** anymore
So there is intelligent life out there. I had begun to lose all hope in the human race. Finally somebody that gets what I've been trying to say all along and has some sense. Someone who took the time to actually read and comprehend the fact that MY COMPLAINTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LONG THE PROJECT IS TAKING and again for the slow people, MY COMPLAINTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LONG THE PROJECT IS TAKING.
Most of the people the most concerned with how long it's taking don't even have a deposit in and in my opinion, don't really matter.
Thanks again Red, and thanks in advance to Mase for his next timely UPDATE.
Old 05-24-2007 | 03:49 AM

dammit! I thought TAG finished the swap

Keep us updated Mase
Old 05-24-2007 | 09:19 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
Communication is a good thing and no one can fault a customer for wanting to be kept in the loop about a project they have invested in.
Old 06-28-2007 | 09:33 PM

Just thought I would open this one too. Mase admitted to myself and a friend yesterday. Only 3 superchargers and one snout were purchased. So the 6 that have invested might want to know where the other superchargers and the money is. Just thought Id do my last post here

Quick Reply: Twin Screw Supercharger!!