2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Twinscrew Current Dyno Numbers & Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twinscrew Current Dyno Numbers & Issues

Ok, before this thread goes to hell in a hand bag. PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED BEFORE YOU!

Pull#1: The car made right near 200whp and shitty torque when the first pull was done. The reason was that the water/methanol was just pouring into the car and bogging it down. Remember I just installed it today. The car was pig rich too dispite my street tuning efforts.

Pull#2: Looked at the timing table as it was SCREWED royally. Added 2* from .80g/cyl to 1.36g/cyl and starting at 3000rpms all the way to redline. The car made 270WHP and 230 WTRQ! Holy crap what an inprovement over the first pull.

Pull#3: Minor changes in some other areas to get it running better netted just a bit more power in the 272whp area.

Pull#4: The trouble run. The methanol kit got screwed up somehow and dumped 2 quarts of meth/water mix into the engine and bogged it to holy hell and luckily didn't destroy my motor somehow! I will have to trouble shoot it some more, but I checked the pump/solenoid/connections and they are all fine. I think it has to do with the jet, but I'll have to remove the blower to check that out after my 2 week TDY. I disabled the meth kit and we proceeded onward.

Pull#5: We went to my street tune without the meth and it made 250whp and a bit over 200wtrq. REMEBER WITHOUT METHANOL AND A SCREWED TIMNG TABLE.

Final Disposition: After some timing table corrections (20* without meth!), knock sensor refinements we made 260WHP and 226WTRQ without the methanol. We got in contact with the head tuner and HPTuners and he confirmed what we knew was happening with the knock sensor, the blower is causing the car to see false knock because it makes so much noise along with my 6-Puck clutch. What is needed is a way to adjust the tolerance to avoid this false knock, and allow the car to make power without it thinking it has knock and pulling timing. The next version or so of HPtuners will include this feature since the GTO's had the same issue apparently. Your welcome for the future hookup gents with HPTuners . Not too shabby considering there is a huge amount of room for improvement in the timing table and a bit in the A/F ratio still, but after all the hiccups it was 8:00PM and time to shut things down.

Now, I have to give mad props to Colin at the Show Zone, Ladson Rd., South Carolina for letting me use the dyno for about 4+ hours. He did things with HPTuners and taught me so much stuff today it wasn't funny. I got a crazy hookup as well since he was so interested in helping me out with project. Colin stated with more time without the methanol we could have made at least 285WHP and when I get the meth situation worked out he said he knows the car will have around 350WHP!

Oh, and last but not least I got to drive and R32 Skyline GT-R as I put it inside for the evening. That car is freaking awesome! WOOT!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Wow just one of those days huh
Old 08-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Banned

Hope you get everything tweaked so it runs good and get your flame suit on
Old 08-18-2007, 09:46 PM

congrats man i cant wait to see the numbers when you re-tune and get all the issues fixed. Any vids on the pulls?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
Hope you get everything tweaked so it runs good and get your flame suit on
Especially when oxyredline dude gets on
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM

Yeah, I better get the flame suit on for sure, but when I'm rocking crazy numbers next month I'll be ther with the flamethrower for revenge! Both Colin and I are pissed, but we are determined to fix it all and get that 350WHP for sure!
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 PM

however the trouble still very dishearting numbers..hope it gets worked out
Old 08-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Rome wasn't built in a Day. Go away from today without hydro locking your motor with the methnol. Those are still stout number on a mustang dyno.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Get the car working then worry about meth.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:02 PM

i want it to work...just getting restless with the wait for someone to really sperate themselfes with a product
Old 08-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by zinner
Get the car working then worry about meth.
x2 cuase did rebel use meth or no when they did theres
Old 08-18-2007, 10:09 PM

272 whp on a Mustang Dyno is very respectable. Damn near amazing I think. Nice Job 2k5SS/SC!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Ok, before this thread goes to hell in a hand bag. PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION PRESENTED BEFORE YOU!

Pull#1: The car made right near 200whp and shitty torque when the first pull was done. The reason was that the water/methanol was just pouring into the car and bogging it down. Remember I just installed it today. The car was pig rich too dispite my street tuning efforts.

Pull#2: Looked at the timing table as it was SCREWED royally. Added 2* from .80g/cyl to 1.36g/cyl and starting at 3000rpms all the way to redline. The car made 270WHP and 230 WTRQ! Holy crap what an inprovement over the first pull.

Pull#3: Minor changes in some other areas to get it running better netted just a bit more power in the 272whp area.

Pull#4: The trouble run. The methanol kit got screwed up somehow and dumped 2 quarts of meth/water mix into the engine and bogged it to holy hell and luckily didn't destroy my motor somehow! I will have to trouble shoot it some more, but I checked the pump/solenoid/connections and they are all fine. I think it has to do with the jet, but I'll have to remove the blower to check that out after my 2 week TDY. I disabled the meth kit and we proceeded onward.

Pull#5: We went to my street tune without the meth and it made 250whp and a bit over 200wtrq. REMEBER WITHOUT METHANOL AND A SCREWED TIMNG TABLE.

Final Disposition: After some timing table corrections (20* without meth!), knock sensor refinements we made 260WHP and 226WTRQ without the methanol. We got in contact with the head tuner and HPTuners and he confirmed what we knew was happening with the knock sensor, the blower is causing the car to see false knock because it makes so much noise along with my 6-Puck clutch. What is needed is a way to adjust the tolerance to avoid this false knock, and allow the car to make power without it thinking it has knock and pulling timing. The next version or so of HPtuners will include this feature since the GTO's had the same issue apparently. Your welcome for the future hookup gents with HPTuners . Not too shabby considering there is a huge amount of room for improvement in the timing table and a bit in the A/F ratio still, but after all the hiccups it was 8:00PM and time to shut things down.

Now, I have to give mad props to Colin at the Show Zone, Ladson Rd., South Carolina for letting me use the dyno for about 4+ hours. He did things with HPTuners and taught me so much stuff today it wasn't funny. I got a crazy hookup as well since he was so interested in helping me out with project. Colin stated with more time without the methanol we could have made at least 285WHP and when I get the meth situation worked out he said he knows the car will have around 350WHP!

Oh, and last but not least I got to drive and R32 Skyline GT-R as I put it inside for the evening. That car is freaking awesome! WOOT!
Congrats man, nice to see someone that isn't scared to test the boundries on these cars. I hope you get everything worked out, and that it benefits you in the end. The best of luck to you man!!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:16 PM

We didn't use meth on our Dyno runs and tuning.
Considering he made 199whp with an intake on the same dyno.
I'd would be inclined to add 10% to his current dumbers to get dynojet numbers
Which would be right At 300whp with a rich tune and no timing 15-16 degress..
When he gets the meth worked out 350whp should be in the bag
Old 08-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Yeah congrats anyway for the numbers. You should definitely get the car tune before any methanol. You'll probably see 300whp on that Mustang dyno soon. One problem on that car at 300+ WHP level is the unefficiency of the stock head. So what spark plugs and gap are you running ?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see all the effort from anyone with any part for our cars. The torque is still really low relative to the whp though. I know the tune isn't done, but it seems to be lagging back a lot on every run. Either way, I enjoy watching the progress.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well not to shoot anyone down. there is alot of predictions. thanks for your efforts it is great. 2K5 go to the track and get some #'s there too. that would impress me more than dyno. but whatever do what you want to do. Great job. keep working at it. I sure you will hit bigger numbers.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Congrats on the success so far and I look forward to seeing the final numbers.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:33 PM

yea it always SHOULD BE OR GONNA MAKE i just wanna see something make it
Old 08-18-2007, 11:24 PM

Thanks for the positive posts gents. I promise that this is not the last of twinscrew, and all of it's potential will shine soon enough. That 272WHP was just the bottom of the barrel with the methanol when it's added to the mix. There was a ton of timing and A/F tuning to go all over the place as timing was at only 17-19* and the A/F was around 10.9 - 11.1 across the board on that run. It was also about 90*+ inside the bay where the car was dyno'd. The coolant went up to 210* at one point, so we had to let her cool down awhile. Just some minor set backs, but a least my engine didn't blow from the meth mix being dumped in there! that's what I'm really happy with right now more than anything!

As a side note just to **** the rest of my day off the guy at the Sonic dumped a Route 44 Ocean Water and a Large coke on the side of my car when I went to grab some grub an hour ago! I just washed the damn car today too!

I guess if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Good luck with getting it up and runnin good, I know this swap has some serious potential

BTW, did someone delete some posts?

Last edited by Johnboy12358; 08-18-2007 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-18-2007, 11:30 PM

I have spent a few hours the past few days reading this post. I think the guy doing this mod totally rocks. I do not post much on this forum, but had to say something. Personally, I love to see a person try something new like this. And at the same time, being generous enough to spend some of his time posting results and updating the rest of us that might NEVER get to try a mod like this. I hate people like "master shake", and others, that have nothing better to do than 1) try to knock someone else for trying something, 2) giving nothing but negative feedback to the post, and then 3) trying to sound all bad with his 12 something second mustang. I do not have experience at the drag track myself, but did get to see a 12 second mustang built in a few weeks time, by some beginners in the sport. I went with a buddy of mine that bought an old crappy fox body stang at a junkyard, around $100, put a used $200 5.0 motor in it, a few axle, suspension, and frame mods for a couple thousand bucks, and presto, a 12 second quarter mile car. BIG DEAL. My understanding is its not that tough to do with a mustang. To try it with a Cobalt SS/SC, I think its impressive. If you want to brag about the stang, why not go to a Mustang forum? I guess those guys were not impressed much either, huh? Sounds to me like you have self esteem issues. Congrats to everyong that actually "contributed" something to this project so far, even if it was only encouragement.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:33 PM

No hijacking the thread or anything or trying to make negative comments toward the twinscrew or anything for that matter but i thought when purchase the twinscrew and put it on you are suppose to be around 350whp with a tune so is it me or just the dyno that is messin with my thoughts
Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 PM

Well in the Twinscrew defense the tunnig was a rush job after the install debacle
and the meth obviously f'd it up even more.It would have been better just to wait
and get the tune perfected before the dyno butt oh well.Hopefully next time will see
the numbers were looking for.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:03 AM

I might bring ym car up that way and let that Show Zone tune my car. I dont like any of the shops around here

Quick Reply: Twinscrew Current Dyno Numbers & Issues