2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Twinscrew Current Dyno Numbers & Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
p7x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd rather run rich then blow up
Old 08-19-2007, 04:31 PM

Runing rich enough to create 1600 degree egt is gonna blow something sooner or later....
Old 08-19-2007, 04:33 PM

It is going to melt the top end.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
i'd rather run rich then blow up

let me put it like this

Aluminum liquidus temperature is around 1450ish

Would u rather have sustained 200ish iat2s with 1400 deg egts (running 11.8 with proper timing)

Or 140deg iats and sustained 1600 deg egts (running rich)

Id take the first if u want ur motor to last.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:43 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by djt81185
Id take the first if u want ur motor to last.
tell that to everyone who has blown the #4 piston. And since when has running rich become a problem, i know running to rich is bad but everyone always has lean tunes from what i've seen.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Then they need to learn 2 tune. People here in Pitt have been running 2.5/2.6 pulleys for well over a year with a motor still prestine.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:50 PM

Sorry to jack the thread but what would be a ideal afr for runing 60s, 2.8 and bolt-ons with supprting mods, safely and not on a kill tune.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 PM

My car will be pro tuned for concrete numbers on a dynojet, since I don't know how to tune.

Goodluck with the tuning!

Last edited by BoomInIt; 08-19-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-19-2007, 04:53 PM
p7x

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
Then they need to learn 2 tune. People here in Pitt have been running 2.5/2.6 pulleys for well over a year with a motor still prestine.
My buddy ran 20PSI on his 04 redline since day 1 until last year when it popped. His part time job is tuning at a performance shop. Talking to him and and another buddy of mine who tunes in his part time as well, they tell me no LSJ is the same. Tuning for one has never been tuning for another. Im glad to hear Pitt is having good luck with their balts, but like dating 2 smoking hot chicks at the same time, its not meant to last.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
tell that to everyone who has blown the #4 piston. And since when has running rich become a problem, i know running to rich is bad but everyone always has lean tunes from what i've seen.
well it doesnt make much sense when you say heat kills the pistons but then you turn around and state how running richer than rich best torque saves the engine. Below rich best tq significantly increases egts. Which will melt **** down. The best policy is the sweet spot between the 2 with timing to match.

Dont forget anytime knock is deteceted the engine pulls out timing. Which makes the afr richer also increasing egts. Also way rich 10.0/1 will actually cool cylinder at the cost of a lot of power and will wash the oil off the cylinder walls.

Thats y u want a good balance with proper afr
Old 08-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I've been running my 2.55 pulley, meth and 60's for over a year now. 11.4-11.5 afr and 25 degrees of timing, and motor is still making perfect compression and 0 leakdown. but car is now in pieces at C/A for a turbo swap... need me them 100 degree IAT's lol
Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 PM
p7x

well it doesnt make much sense when you say heat kills the pistons but then you turn around and state how running richer than rich best torque saves the engine. Below rich best tq significantly increases egts. Which will melt **** down. The best policy is the sweet spot between the 2 with timing to match.
WTF???

I never said running richer than rich saves the engine, i was givin 2 choices and I chose runnin rich instead of blowin 200 degrees IAT2's. As I stated above I know that running too rich is not good. You can tune all u want, but when the SC/turbo is blowing nothing but hot air, a few mouse clicks aint savin the engine.

I agree that you want a good balance but heat MUST be managed in that scenario. That was the only thing I was trying to say since the begining
Old 08-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Its kinda iffy, but just set the car up to no retard the timing at all. If your positive its not getting detonation, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:44 PM

So whats the next step in the upcoming week 2K5?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:47 PM

Buy a Turbo.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WSFrazier
Buy a Turbo.
i agree
Old 08-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
My buddy ran 20PSI on his 04 redline since day 1 until last year when it popped. His part time job is tuning at a performance shop. Talking to him and and another buddy of mine who tunes in his part time as well, they tell me no LSJ is the same. Tuning for one has never been tuning for another. Im glad to hear Pitt is having good luck with their balts, but like dating 2 smoking hot chicks at the same time, its not meant to last.
been running my 2.5 pullied car over a year now aswell its in the tune and the driver
Old 08-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

I ran a 2.6 with afr of 11.4-11.9 for over a year. If the car is tuned right it works fine.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sales@rebelautoworxs
That guy never Produced a Dyno Graph ever.. Total BS.
I've seen a stage 2 car Put down 273hp on a mustang dyno. Dyno's are tools for tuning plan and simple.
If you wanna go dyno racing there are ways to fudge the numbers.We DO NOT!
I've Personally dyno'd over 40 cobalts on the dyno and 100's of other cars that weren't cobalts. I've seen that same car go to another dyno and make 15-20% more or less.

We would have finished the tuning on the twin screw ourselves, but do not have a car with a clutch in it to take the power it is making. The stock clutch is not up to the power this kit is making thus we sent out the first kit to 2K5SS/SC?
The Kit is a direct bolt on you Unbolt and re-bolt. The tune is still being developed, you have to understand that the twin screw is nothing like the M62 interms of tuning.
We ask that everyone be patient with us and 2K5SS/SC?. He is busting his ass to get things tuned up right.
actually he and jmac produced the near exact numbers on the same dynos on the same day with the same set up. they are both friends of mine, i know mattyfinch had issues with his car over winter after he moved away. Im starting university abroad now but as far as i know jmacs car was running amazingly, he had done some major upgrades after that.

heres their mustang dyno showing 270, before the final tune on both cars... and its a mustang dyno. everyone seems to think 10% over that is realistic for a dynojet, doing the math would be 297 whp my friends.

Why are you trying to tune with meth first. The proper tuning method is to get the car running correctly without meth then add the meth and fine tune the afr and spark timing.

You have the exedy right? I have the exedy AND a solid top motor mount (metal on metal) +intense trans mounts and I have 0 false knock readings. Your clutch is definately not a factor of false knock and I seriously doubt the blower is.

You shouldnt need meth until over 23psi. I ran 21 psi and 19 deg of timing on my turbo on pump gas and made 305 whp on a mustang style dyno with a shitty tune (huge afr fluxuations due to blow thru maf sensor...lost 25whp in the mid range due to that spike)

Quit making guesstimates...This car is the "dream situation car" for you guys as it has every mod u said should make astounding power...and so far its not up to what you said it should

The stock head is fine to 450whp. The cams are the true problem...they are TINY,

Tune it to 11.5-12.0 for more power. See what I said above about timing and boost on pump gas.

In the above post i mentioned that their factors of possible knock are not the reasons. To show it is you need to get the vibration frequencies of the blower and get the spec of the sensor to show they really are. In this case decreasing the knock sensitivity would just risk the motor.

From what I can see on his chart hes right around 230whp at that rpm using a generous correction factor 15% for dynojet correction he is only at 265whp. Im not seeing this huge increase in power

This compressor isnt that efficient. Here it is overlaid with the map of a turbo of my car (in green) graph is adjusted so axis values can overlay exactly:

See above post to Rebel. At this point your up 34hp over a stock car...not that impressive

Honestly this car should be cake to tune since it is using a draw thru maf in the same piping he was using before. run a SD tune for a couple runs to eliminate chance of p0068 code then maf tune for all of the 30 minutes it takes tops and its good to go. Turbo cars are considerably harder especially in blow thru apps. Stock style metering systems are cake.

EXACTLY

I would prefer a company finishes their own tuning and development then to pass it onto a customer. I dont know why your even selling the kit when the tune isnt even done yet. BTW ZZP claims over 270whp on a 2.8 M62 car tho I am semi skeptical due to lack of mods listed. Tho it is a mustang dyno. They just started the thread a few days ago. Tho only track numbers will tell the truth. Its easy to make dyno lie.

Just talked about above. IMO this is unimmpresive so far.

Im tired of seeing speculation and for that reason have given my responses to the above posts. Enjoy

Dan
i dont personally discredit you and your knowledge, however, stop coming into any thread that is a dan turbo'd his redline ZOMG thread and talk down. Yes you built your own turbo set up, congrats, how much did you get paid doing it? what shop do you own? exactly, your experties are lacking at best. We're all happy you made 305 whp with your over sized turbo on a **** tune on a mustang dyno. how long did it take you to set it up, and it wasnt even tuned properly then, so why are u knocking his unperfected car. His car once tuned fully will in reality make the same numbers your car is making. Sure maybe it wont have the huge possibility your diesel truck turbo'd car may have but lets be honest, who cares. There seems to however be ALOT of issues, and i wish he would both use a dynojet, and have someone who knows alot about hpt finish the tuning, or perhaps not post until its done and said #'s are seen. no point being little bitchy honda drivers and fighting over #'s

Last edited by splitimage; 08-19-2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by p7x
Everybody on here seems to know a tuner buddy. You tuner buddies are definately wrong...is one of their names mase?...you are in canada...any relation to mattyfinch?

All LSJ's are the same...otherwise they wouldnt be capable of being mass produced...or have a common engine code. I've copy and pasted my tune into 6 different cars with varying levels of mods and it works perfect...all cars have 107 or greater traps. Not 1 has had engine problems. Its not like these things are hand built molds that are made new everytime..they are mass produced econobox motors.

Originally Posted by p7x
WTF???

I never said running richer than rich saves the engine, i was givin 2 choices and I chose runnin rich instead of blowin 200 degrees IAT2's. As I stated above I know that running too rich is not good. You can tune all u want, but when the SC/turbo is blowing nothing but hot air, a few mouse clicks aint savin the engine.

I agree that you want a good balance but heat MUST be managed in that scenario. That was the only thing I was trying to say since the begining
I gave u the option of running safe egts with iats2 that are high(which really doesnt matter at all except for power being made) or to have absurdly hi egts thatll melt down ur head with cool intake temps.

I was illustrating the point that:
a. how silly your argument was
b. that u dont really know wtf your talking about.

Originally Posted by splitimage
actually he and jmac produced the near exact numbers on the same dynos on the same day with the same set up. they are both friends of mine, i know mattyfinch had issues with his car over winter after he moved away. Im starting university abroad now but as far as i know jmacs car was running amazingly, he had done some major upgrades after that.

heres their mustang dyno showing 270, before the final tune on both cars... and its a mustang dyno. everyone seems to think 10% over that is realistic for a dynojet, doing the math would be 297 whp my friends.

i dont personally discredit you and your knowledge, however, stop coming into any thread that is a dan turbo'd his redline ZOMG thread and talk down. Yes you built your own turbo set up, congrats, how much did you get paid doing it? what shop do you own? exactly, your experties are lacking at best. We're all happy you made 305 whp with your over sized turbo on a **** tune on a mustang dyno. how long did it take you to set it up, and it wasnt even tuned properly then, so why are u knocking his unperfected car. His car once tuned fully will in reality make the same numbers your car is making. Sure maybe it wont have the huge possibility your diesel truck turbo'd car may have but lets be honest, who cares. There seems to however be ALOT of issues, and i wish he would both use a dynojet, and have someone who knows alot about hpt finish the tuning, or perhaps not post until its done and said #'s are seen. no point being little bitchy honda drivers and fighting over #'s
I spent a lil over 3k in building my own turbo setup 2500 at www.1st-try.com and the rest on the turbo, wastegate, and other odds and ends.

I don't own a shop...I'm a college student in his last year at Kettering (General Motors Engineering Institute). How are my skills lacking? Where have i steered anyone wrong? My setup time was 3 months from the time I bought parts until I drove it out. My car is not fully tuned due to the limitations of the stock PCM...Im working with companies to develop a solution that will work...this TS car is using an induction system identical to stock...ITS CAKE to tune.

Also according to the flow charts...his car making the power mine does now with out nitrous is mathematically impossible. Learn to interpret charts...

Since when does owning a shop mean u have awesome skillz? Owning a shop does not make u good at anything...example...shops that cant back up their products claims. I've seen a few in these parts.

Why do people hate on me for pointing out flaws in peoples logic/posts...would you guys just rather not know and just take everything thats spoon fed to you through the internet as truth?
Old 08-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fix your car and come back and post another thread... This one is over.