2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06black
Holy ****.............................................. ...........

after the trip there, the weekend of awesome as i call it, i could see this happening. there was just so much left to do, and so much money already wasted.

Rod this is almost sickening to hear, i honestly can not imagine being put in this situation.

we have 39453 signed up on this forum, if we guess at saying half of them are active, were left with 19,726 people.

1885 people @ $20 each, makes this happen. (9.6% of the active people)

3,770 people @ 10 each, makes this happen. (19.1% of the active people)

7,400 people @ $5 each, makes this happen. (38% of the active people)

i hope people can step up for this dream, for this innovator, for this ground breaker.

When out that way doesnt seem so hard to meet but still
Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rod - You wanted me to update you on my tranny situation . In case you forgot my tranny cracked at the track more then likely due to wheel hop. My extended warranty covered a used 7k mile tranny with lsd. I purchased a new gmpp upgrade clutch kit, a new flywheel, new stage 1 ottp axles and new ottp stage 2 rotated tranny mounts. The car should be back up and running by this friday at the latest. Luckily the extended warranty place is also covering a rental car for me until I get my car back. I don't know much about used tranny's but I am assuming it will be better then the 50k+ mile used tranny with stock clutch. Who knows though, I guess I will just have to wait and find out. Luckily the majority of the costs the warranty place is picking up.

Sorry to hear about your car man. Another idea would be to save up funds and complete the project at a later time. You would probably make more money by finishing the project and selling the car then you would by killing it. Who knows though that's hard to say. If the wife won't let you put any more $$ into the car then don't fear css is here! .
Old 05-20-2009, 02:22 PM

With all the money wasted at that other shop, would you not be able to get a decent settlement from them? I would put this on hold, deal with taking that other shop to court and getting as much as you can out of them, they stole thousands of dollars from you and you deserve to get it back. Maybe then, you see your goal isnt as far off as you thought. As soon as i can pay off my credit card bill, i will put in another donation in hopes that this can stay running.

Im very sorry you have to go through this Rod and i hope it can pull through, but if you have to kill it off, im sure everyone will understand why.

Best of luck!!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Rod, i truly hope this project will not die. Good luck, and i will work on donating regularly.

It really makes me sick to my stomach that a company can do this to you, and still try to sell a product, and advertise services they know to be sub-par and in some cases non-existent.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:40 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by Zach06CobaltSC
Rod - You wanted me to update you on my tranny situation . .....
Glad to hear that you got that sorted out and are almost back on the road again.

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
With all the money wasted at that other shop, would you not be able to get a decent settlement from them? I would put this on hold, deal with taking that other shop to court and getting as much as you can out of them, they stole thousands of dollars from you and you deserve to get it back. Maybe then, you see your goal isnt as far off as you thought. As soon as i can pay off my credit card bill, i will put in another donation in hopes that this can stay running.

Im very sorry you have to go through this Rod and i hope it can pull through, but if you have to kill it off, im sure everyone will understand why.

Best of luck!!
The problem with waiting for the court case to wrap up is the time it could take. It is likely to last 2+ years. That means either bringing the car back home or pay storage for 2+ years which isn't cheap either. If the car come back home, I would then have to go through this whole process over trying to find good shops out here who weren't looking at this project as some big cash numbers. This whole thing really sucks as*.

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
Rod, i truly hope this project will not die. Good luck, and i will work on donating regularly.
You trying to make a grown man cry?

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
It really makes me sick to my stomach that a company can do this to you, and still try to sell a product, and advertise services they know to be sub-par and in some cases non-existent.

Right now it is a good thing I am 5,000 kms from Toronto.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-20-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Hopefully more can step up to the plate and make some donations! dont worry you will see another one from me very soon
Old 05-20-2009, 03:27 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by _UnLiMiTeD_
Hopefully more can step up to the plate and make some donations! dont worry you will see another one from me very soon
Thank you and one day we will have to get together. My DD engine should be coming home in 2 weeks.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM

Rod, as of most of us the money is tight right now. When i get some more money i swear ill help more. Please keep this going we would all love to see it. I wish one of the mods would put this on the front page, alot of people that may help more then likely dont even know about this.. I vote for front page big headlines.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:49 PM

More money to come your way Rod. Next couple of weeks. Hopefully you don't kill it off by then...

I would hate to see that happen. i love this project and love the result we are trying to get.

I just don't know why people can't feel a little compassion and donate a little money. Like posted above, 5 bucks from X amount of people would get this done. We can't afford five bucks now?

Good luck buddy!
Old 05-20-2009, 07:29 PM

hey rod, saw your car when i was up at powell a couple weeks ago. What a mess it is. but at least you have it in the right place now! i will be donating soon. good luck with everything.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by red06s/c
Rod, as of most of us the money is tight right now. When i get some more money i swear ill help more. Please keep this going we would all love to see it. I wish one of the mods would put this on the front page, alot of people that may help more then likely dont even know about this.. I vote for front page big headlines.
JonyyB said no, that is why the official fund raiser is over at my website..

Thanks for caring.

Originally Posted by utsadude
More money to come your way Rod. Next couple of weeks. Hopefully you don't kill it off by then...
I would hate to see that happen. i love this project and love the result we are trying to get.

I just don't know why people can't feel a little compassion and donate a little money. Like posted above, 5 bucks from X amount of people would get this done. We can't afford five bucks now?

Good luck buddy!
I won't sleep much in the next week or two as I wait to see if this car lives again. I thank you for your help and support.

Originally Posted by shutzero
hey rod, saw your car when i was up at powell a couple weeks ago. What a mess it is. but at least you have it in the right place now! i will be donating soon. good luck with everything.
It is quite the mess and I know that right now, it is where it needs to be.

Thanks for caring
Old 05-20-2009, 10:11 PM

whats the big deal with putting a link on the front page?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn i wish i had a paycheck rod :-( i want to see this go through.. it NEEDZ to go through donations will be made if i start getting paid or i go on unemployment lol
Old 05-21-2009, 12:41 AM

damn.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:57 AM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
i know its not what you want to do, but to save on the costs now why not go with a toned down engine for now??? being the goal is 1000hp ls motor, why not build the car with a stock-ish ls for now??? this would cut the costs significantly now, and then you can just drive and enjoy the car and build a motor up at a later date for 1000hp.

if it were my deal, which it isnt, id take that route over scrapping the whole project, providing it will bring the costs into the budget.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:11 AM
Banned

I don't think just a motor is going to save 40 grand =P.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 AM

i'd go back to the original plan but i would grab the lnf engine that's in the solstice and adapt it to your application with about 500 HP. Spend just enough to have fun in the car until the court case is over. I know it's not what you are looking for but it would be better than what you said previously.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:15 AM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
going with a 4 cyl now and then trying to get 1000hp out of it would put the project back were it was so to speak. going with a mild ls motor now, well when it comes time in the future to make 1000hp the motor bolts in and just the turbo setup needs fabbing up.

to build a motor to support 1000hp costs more than people realize, id say 15k for the motor alone, then add another 5-8k for the turbo setup and fuel system. to go along with 1000hp you need a tranny built to take that, id say $3500+ for the turbo 400, if you want something street friendly a 4l85e fits but will cost $5k+ between the tranny, torque converter and tcm system. right there is 25-30k, were a mild ls1 with a turbo 400 and fuel system could be put together for around 10k.

now thats a chunk of change that could be saved for the time being, and that motor/trans combo can be sold off when upgrading to 1000hp later. granted, i am just throwing numbers together here, actual costs may be quite different. a while ago i put together a banks twin turbo smallblock, had that motor come in the crate from banks, it would have been $37500, and that makes 1400hp on race gasm or 1100 on pump gas.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:10 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Perhaps there is some merrit to getting most of it done and then doing the rest after the fact. I could go with the unbuilt LSx and use the t-56 for now but I doubt I would bother to race or show it off.

My wife really didn't like the idea of me crushing the car and she too wants me to be patient until the court case has run it's course.

If everything is basically finished and we just need to build the motor and swap trannies then perhaps that is the way to go. I am still waiting for my list of options.

I have to say that I am now leary to go back to the 4 banger plan simply because of the longevity issues. High HP on 4 cylinders reduces the time spent at the race track before spending more money.

Flipping from one engine to the other isn't realistic because of the changes to the chassis to sit the engine in the car. Once we put an engine in the car we are committed to that engine, no turning around again. I am learning the hard way how expensive it is to re-invent the wheel.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Rod,

Its been a long time since i have been in your thread, mainly because of my job and it's duties....

Sorry to hear how things are turning / have turned out for you. It seams like to me there are a lot of rip off shops out there as you also know about my run in with that garbage ricer shop that lead to the cause of my blown forged motor. I'll be donating to the cause.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
Rod,

Its been a long time since i have been in your thread, mainly because of my job and it's duties....

Sorry to hear how things are turning / have turned out for you. It seams like to me there are a lot of rip off shops out there as you also know about my run in with that garbage ricer shop that lead to the cause of my blown forged motor. I'll be donating to the cause.
I remember feeling bad when I read about your engine going. So much went into your project and it was undermined by someone with the "that is good enough" attitude. Shops like that should all be out of business.

Thanks for the offer to help out, everything is appreciated.

I want to share this from another forum. Forgive me for the long reply.

Originally Posted by italianjoe1
Rod, i'm very sorry to hear that this is the situation, I do understand, doing something as awesome as you have in mind is never a cheap undertaking, i've seen restoration/customization builds easily run into the hundreds of thousands, the money adds up quick. For most people, it just isn't realistic to keep throwing the money at what seems like a losing proposition.

Personally, I would want to see the car completed for your own mental health, just realizing the dream you have had for this car would be a reward for you that none of us could truly appreciate or understand. Hate to see something like this get cut down, especially due to a shop like that main one, making things worse on you. I wish you all the best, I hope this car does not die.
That one highlighted line sums it all up for me, this truly is a lifelong dream of mine.

I have always wanted a car that would be really fast, not just quick. I have had quick but nothing has ever made me go, WoW!

I have always driven every vehicle I have had to it's limit and I would always think that someday, I would have that really fast, rubber eating, power crazy, jaw dropping monster.

__________ really has stomped on my dream and I will never forget that.
I don't want this dream, my car, to die. I will never get this chance again.

Every once in a while I get an email or PM telling me that I am a pioneer, an innovator a visionist. I even had one yesterday that said I was a hero for keeping the dream alive for those who can't do something like this.

I would never say I was a hero, those guys are out fighting wars, saving lives making a difference. If there was a hero in this project it is everyone who donates to help see the dream come true. I have had donations big and small and everyone of them matter to me as much as the next one. The $2.20 donation is as cool as the $300. one.

Over on css.com in my RWD thread someone has accused me of having a great scam for getting quick money. Those who have been with me through this project know the truth and you also know that this has become 'our' car.

I will share this car with everyone that I can. I may have started this project by myself but I am finishing it with all of you. Without you guys & gals, this car would have died long ago. Everytime I get a word of encouragement, everytime a donation shows up, I perk up a bit more because I know that I am not alone in this dream.

Thank you all.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:17 PM

yeah.... i hate shops like that... i've taken a few auto shop courses that the navy flipped the tuision for and now i've started building a second forged motor only this time I will do the work myself.

the mechanic that replaced my motor for me gave me a new update a while back that i didnt post up, should have but didnt. he said he found no traces of any rod bearing peices in the oil pan or any where else, and since i had a knox sensor CEL being tripped the day i left the shop he thinks that they never even installed rod bearings on the number 4 cyl. I will never leave things like that to chance, im always going to go the extra mile now and learn how to do it myself. just sharing what i learned out of my ordeal.

I dow however trust vince at trifecta, he is a good trust worth person in my book.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:28 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

yeah.... i hate shops like that... i've taken a few auto shop courses that the navy flipped the tuision for and now i've started building a second forged motor only this time I will do the work myself.

the mechanic that replaced my motor for me gave me a new update a while back that i didnt post up, should have but didnt. he said he found no traces of any rod bearing peices in the oil pan or any where else, and since i had a knox sensor CEL being tripped the day i left the shop he thinks that they never even installed rod bearings on the number 4 cyl. I will never leave things like that to chance, im always going to go the extra mile now and learn how to do it myself. just sharing what i learned out of my ordeal.

I dow however trust vince at trifecta, he is a good trust worth person in my book.
I wish I got into mechanics and racing when I was young, then I wouldn't have troubles either.

I hope your new engine goes well and that you have all you expected the first time and more. Keep me updated.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:49 PM

i'll def keep you updated. i did some math conversion stuff with a guy on my ship that tunes cars for local shops. (nothing proven, just math so take it for what its worth)

but with the average of HP lost to the wheels in automatics its 22% so i took that and im making 331.98hp at the crank. So i took the bhp of my 2.2 of 145 and subtracted that from the 331.98 and then divided that number by 10 (the psi level im hitting) 18.5hp per pound of boost over the stock hp level. So i multiplied that by 22psi (what im going to run after i get my forged motor installed) and then did the 22% subtracted for the loss of hp to the wheels and got a potential dyno number of 433.95. I forgot about the reduced compression that ill be running so i had to take that in account and my educated guess for what ill make on 22psi and forged motor with my 2.2 is around 415whp

now this is just using math and educated guessing. nothing offical till its proven on the dyno
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

i'll def keep you updated. i did some math conversion stuff with a guy on my ship that tunes cars for local shops. (nothing proven, just math so take it for what its worth)

but with the average of HP lost to the wheels in automatics its 22% so i took that and im making 331.98hp at the crank. So i took the bhp of my 2.2 of 145 and subtracted that from the 331.98 and then divided that number by 10 (the psi level im hitting) 18.5hp per pound of boost over the stock hp level. So i multiplied that by 22psi (what im going to run after i get my forged motor installed) and then did the 22% subtracted for the loss of hp to the wheels and got a potential dyno number of 433.95. I forgot about the reduced compression that ill be running so i had to take that in account and my educated guess for what ill make on 22psi and forged motor with my 2.2 is around 415whp

now this is just using math and educated guessing. nothing offical till its proven on the dyno
Well it looks like it is going to be a really interesting time when it hits the dyno. Good luck.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD