2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZP should buy this car and finish it!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
BS or not... 7 Years is a very long time...

I do not mean to cause Drama, and I am very very aware of the BS that Rod has gone through.

I want it to run, I want it to PWN the 1/4 Mile...
Yes Brian it has been a long time, tooooo long as we all know but I also know that for as long as you have been in the military you must get some long holidays. So perhaps you need to get your butt out here and help finish off some basics before the engine goes in.

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Sad to hear of Harvey's health issues. Hope for the best.
Thanks, he isn't out of danger yet but he may last longer than he was first told. He is waiting on surgery which will hopefully happen within 10 days. Harvey getting better so as to have some quality of life, for however long he has left, is more important than my project. Harvey has strongly stated his intention to see this job through so once more I work on being patient.

As far as the project goes, I have been making some head way and I am learning to do things I have not done before. The truth be told, I have reached that point I had hoped to never get to, I am broke. I am actually losing ground to the debt that I am in so I work at learning new skills to finish what I can.

When I told Harvey that I was really out of money he said he would finish it labour free so that I only need to come up with the remaining (unpaid for) parts.

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
Agreed, and u 06black put up to help. Props to you.....
I have not forgotten all of you who helped me get the car from JBP that weekend, as well as the distance many travelled. It was a hard day for me realizing that almost everything I paid for was either junk or not even bought. I still think of parts that where never returned to me that day and I can only shake my head.

This project has taken tooo long and has cost far too much, both monetarily and psycologically. For a few months I just left it alone because it was reminder of the sacrifices I made my wife make. Now she just wants it done so we can both move on. Because of that I do what I can, learn what I can and be patient as Harvey fights to get better.

As much as I want my car finished I keep telling Harvey to get his car done so he will have something to smile about through out his treatment. He has a 1990 Daytona that is far better than mine (strictly race car) and it's a lot closer to done than mine. While he will only get 1 full out pass (can't get his NHRA liscence, health) he can remember that 6 second pass with a huge smile. I also told him that depending on his health, he can chose whether or not to deploy his chute. As crass as it seems we all know someone who has wasted away from cancer and quick it isn't.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 AM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by devilbmxer120
2 and a half month thread revive bump
This thread is allowed to be bumped at anytime.........
Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Yes Brian it has been a long time, tooooo long as we all know but I also know that for as long as you have been in the military you must get some long holidays. So perhaps you need to get your butt out here and help finish off some basics before the engine goes in.
I hear you, but I am ***** DEEP in my own update...
Old 03-30-2012, 08:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks, he isn't out of danger yet but he may last longer than he was first told. He is waiting on surgery which will hopefully happen within 10 days. Harvey getting better so as to have some quality of life, for however long he has left, is more important than my project. Harvey has strongly stated his intention to see this job through so once more I work on being patient.

As far as the project goes, I have been making some head way and I am learning to do things I have not done before. The truth be told, I have reached that point I had hoped to never get to, I am broke. I am actually losing ground to the debt that I am in so I work at learning new skills to finish what I can.

When I told Harvey that I was really out of money he said he would finish it labour free so that I only need to come up with the remaining (unpaid for) parts.

I have not forgotten all of you who helped me get the car from JBP that weekend, as well as the distance many travelled. It was a hard day for me realizing that almost everything I paid for was either junk or not even bought. I still think of parts that where never returned to me that day and I can only shake my head.

This project has taken tooo long and has cost far too much, both monetarily and psycologically. For a few months I just left it alone because it was reminder of the sacrifices I made my wife make. Now she just wants it done so we can both move on. Because of that I do what I can, learn what I can and be patient as Harvey fights to get better.

As much as I want my car finished I keep telling Harvey to get his car done so he will have something to smile about through out his treatment. He has a 1990 Daytona that is far better than mine (strictly race car) and it's a lot closer to done than mine. While he will only get 1 full out pass (can't get his NHRA liscence, health) he can remember that 6 second pass with a huge smile. I also told him that depending on his health, he can chose whether or not to deploy his chute. As crass as it seems we all know someone who has wasted away from cancer and quick it isn't.
wish you were closer man, you know I'd be helping you out any chance I got.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
I hear you, but I am ***** DEEP in my own update...
I am sure Canada won't miss a jet for a good reason, just tell McKay is for the good of the country

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
wish you were closer man, you know I'd be helping you out any chance I got.
I wish that too Paul because it seems like all of you guys with the skills I need live on that side of the continent with you.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM

yeah man, you need to move here lol.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:42 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

yeah man, you need to move here lol.
If I still had that Silverado & trailer I would have already been parked at your door.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 PM

Rod, I still need to get my passport so I can come up, but let us know if there is anything we can help you out on. If you need some help with the car, just holler out!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
Rod, I still need to get my passport so I can come up, but let us know if there is anything we can help you out on. If you need some help with the car, just holler out!
Yes I could use some help so get that damn passport already, I'll be expecting you all April 6th.

April 6th, 2012, I knew what you were thinking
Old 03-30-2012, 07:54 PM

Im on page 25 right now and all I can say is WOW!! This thread could be a novel or a movie or something. I should finish it this weekend.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by MyWifesCar
Im on page 25 right now and all I can say is WOW!! This thread could be a novel or a movie or something. I should finish it this weekend.
My wife says that if you make it through this whole thread you deserve a medal.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Premium Member

I'll read the whole thread then drive 15 minutes to come get my medal
Old 03-30-2012, 11:52 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by StruttinSoul
I'll read the whole thread then drive 15 minutes to come get my medal
At least I will have the time, while you are reading, to get my wife to go buy the medal
Old 03-31-2012, 01:11 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Yes I could use some help so get that damn passport already, I'll be expecting you all April 6th.

What's happening the 6th? I'm moving this next week, but I'll get that passport thing straightened out real soon so tom and I can come up.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by YelloEye
What's happening the 6th? I'm moving this next week, but I'll get that passport thing straightened out real soon so tom and I can come up.
The 6th is a holiday up here so it is a long weekend for me to spend time working on the car.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Going to be at the gf's family that weekend, but I will go get my passport asap so I can come lend a hand
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM

If I still had that Silverado & trailer I would have already been parked at your door.
ah too bad, I wouldn't mind tackling that project for ya. My trans am is almost (well sorta) done, and would finally have some free time since no one wants to make cobalts fast anymore
Old 04-03-2012, 06:03 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

ah too bad, I wouldn't mind tackling that project for ya. My trans am is almost (well sorta) done, and would finally have some free time since no one wants to make cobalts fast anymore
No banked holiday time Paul ??? Just teasing unless you do...

I do hope that someone still wants a fast Cobalt as I need to sell some blower cams/solid lifters and a billet crankshaft.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still go fast!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by INFE
I still go fast!
But you already have cams and lifters...

....but you don't have a direct OEM aftermarket replacement billet crankshaft which I have 2 of and only need 1
Old 04-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
I do! but dont have the ching right now. saving for a ring for the mrs
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 AM

No banked holiday time Paul ??? Just teasing unless you do...

I do hope that someone still wants a fast Cobalt as I need to sell some blower cams/solid lifters and a billet crankshaft.
which cams ya got?
I do have about 1.5 weeks of vacation left, but after the two trips I'm taking next month, I will be using those days when I don't have enough gas money to get to work lol.

Originally Posted by INFE
I still go fast!
well obviously lol.

I am dying to see this thing break 500whp stock bottom end. The challenge has been set lol.

Last edited by 06blackg85ss; 04-04-2012 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-04-2012, 10:01 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

which cams ya got?
I do have about 1.5 weeks of vacation left, but after the two trips I'm taking next month, I will be using those days when I don't have enough gas money to get to work lol......
They are Bates Engineering cams/lifters.

Where you going on your trips? Great way to end a vacation, broke and tired so you need another vacation.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:35 PM

lol
pm me on the cams, I just may want to take those off your hands, now that we have the tools (thanks chris (infe)) lol.
specs etc.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD