2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 02:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
Try it from my side
That sounds like a great winter toy. How long before you tear into it or is it too late already.

Take the ads down and while she probably should have killed me, she hasn't 'yet'. I did take her to Maui for 2 weeks last summer and she is planning another holiday for this summer. That helps her accept the continuation of the project. To date she has still not actually looked at the car other than when she passes it in the garage. I don't push it because everyone knows how good she has been with all of that.
tuned it the next afternoon lol. Still not finished as I have to finish breaking it in. only had it 4 days so far.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go fast parts sound fun, what are you all doing? From the sounds of it you live just minutes away from me.
I got full bolt ons sitting in my living room haha, Theres a bunch of us that run mission and auto x all spring and summer long
Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
tuned it the next afternoon lol. Still not finished as I have to finish breaking it in. only had it 4 days so far.
Why was that the response I was expecting to hear. Somethings never change do they Paul?

Originally Posted by MulishaSS
I got full bolt ons sitting in my living room haha, Theres a bunch of us that run mission and auto x all spring and summer long
I will need to get together with you guys when the tracks open and I'm on my weeks off. I'm looking forward to getting home and having my DD tuned and ready to 'play'.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Whoa, Rod, you're still alive! We were worried
Old 01-05-2014, 06:30 PM

Why was that the response I was expecting to hear. Somethings never change do they Paul?

I will need to get together with you guys when the tracks open and I'm on my weeks off. I'm looking forward to getting home and having my DD tuned and ready to 'play'.
lol they never do. I think it's some kind of disease or something.
cobalt's getting a nitrous kit, and might use this turbo I have laying around. but need to finish putting the trans am back together first before I do any of that
Old 01-05-2014, 06:35 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by YelloEye
Whoa, Rod, you're still alive! We were worried
I kind of deserve that.
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
lol they never do. I think it's some kind of disease or something.
cobalt's getting a nitrous kit, and might use this turbo I have laying around. but need to finish putting the trans am back together first before I do any of that
A very contagious disease spread primarily by forum Forum subscriptions

Good thing you have all winter to get things ready. I'm guessing work has been good to you lately.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
glad to see your still at it any chance you post some updated pics
Old 01-06-2014, 12:53 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
glad to see your still at it any chance you post some updated pics
Thanks and I will work on getting some pics up tomorrow before I head back to work.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe this isn't done / still going on... This thing was started when I first became a member , around there and I'm not a child anymore, I havnt even had a cobalt for the last 3 years already haha
Old 01-13-2014, 07:36 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by eurochevy
I can't believe this isn't done / still going on... This thing was started when I first became a member , around there and I'm not a child anymore, I havnt even had a cobalt for the last 3 years already haha
I cant believe you cant read the posts to see that it is built and driving around..
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM

So this moves now?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep videos of it running and driving.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
i demand pictures hahahaha
Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 PM

sub
Old 01-29-2014, 01:48 AM

Holy hell Rod...what a ride huh? I hope you're well and don't think I haven't thought about your project!
Old 04-01-2014, 01:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Rod. I'm happy to see the project is still alive and well
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 PM
MVP

This has to be one of the oldest builds in the world. ive gone through three cars since the beginning of this one. Lets see some photos and videos Rod.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:51 PM

Thanks and I will work on getting some pics up tomorrow before I head back to work.
You're photobucket is private and I really want to see this stuff! How do I get in!?
Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 PM

Hey Rod, like Jslayer08 said. Your photobucket album for the Cobalt is private. Any chance you could open that up?
Old 06-07-2014, 01:30 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Hey Rod, like Jslayer08 said. Your photobucket album for the Cobalt is private. Any chance you could open that up?
Done I'm not sure why that was private perhaps the latest photobucket site update.

For those wondering, no the car isn't done and no, I'm not driving it

I haven't done much on it lately as I'm away working 2 out of 3 weeks. Some will remember that the shop owner has been in bad health. He now sits on the transplant list for a heart. If he gets the heart then he will be able to cover the almost $20,000. that he over billed me. Shoot me for being trusting after all I've been through.

I have possession of my car and all the parts that were actually bought when they were paid for.

I'm not sure when things will get straightened out, soon I hope but I'm not giving up. Working away has helped get my mind of the mess of this project. As well my wife has been getting some things she's wanted/needed so she is warming up to me starting the project again.

I've meant to update with some updated pics so when I'm home I will get those taken and posted. Sorry there isn't better news but be assured I'm too stupid/stubborn to quit. I will get this done yet. I am glad I have the DD to amuse myself.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:51 PM

Done I'm not sure why that was private perhaps the latest photobucket site update.

For those wondering, no the car isn't done and no, I'm not driving it

I haven't done much on it lately as I'm away working 2 out of 3 weeks. Some will remember that the shop owner has been in bad health. He now sits on the transplant list for a heart. If he gets the heart then he will be able to cover the almost $20,000. that he over billed me. Shoot me for being trusting after all I've been through.

I have possession of my car and all the parts that were actually bought when they were paid for.

I'm not sure when things will get straightened out, soon I hope but I'm not giving up. Working away has helped get my mind of the mess of this project. As well my wife has been getting some things she's wanted/needed so she is warming up to me starting the project again.

I've meant to update with some updated pics so when I'm home I will get those taken and posted. Sorry there isn't better news but be assured I'm too stupid/stubborn to quit. I will get this done yet. I am glad I have the DD to amuse myself.
Thanks Rod. That thing has been under the knife for what, 9 years now? One of these days she'll be under her own power and nobody will know until the pedal hits the floor.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:13 PM

Will there still be gas left to power this thing when it's finally finished?
Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by RollermanDan
Holy hell Rod...what a ride huh? I hope you're well and don't think I haven't thought about your project!
wish the ride was over but not quite yet
Did you finally get yours done?

Originally Posted by MVP
This has to be one of the oldest builds in the world. ive gone through three cars since the beginning of this one. Lets see some photos and videos Rod.
i'm sure those 3 cars were more combined fun than I've had on this project

Thanks Rod. That thing has been under the knife for what, 9 years now? One of these days she'll be under her own power and nobody will know until the pedal hits the floor.
It was 8 years this past May 22nd but who's keeping track right

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Will there still be gas left to power this thing when it's finally finished?
the new Porsche 918 is a plug-in car so maybe I'll have to go electric

Just a bit of justice over this project that I want to share. As those who have been around a long time JBP was the company that really screwed me over. I've had many question why I didn't exact some justice for my wife & I. Others offered to do it for me Without being preachy many here know I'm a Christian as I've never hid that, so I left justice up to someone far greater than myself.

I have always checked to see what was going on with JBP. He even tried to start selling his crap to the Genesis coupe guys. As far as I know that fell a part as many (some from this forum) warned them as did I when I discovered what JBP was up to. As I kept an eye on JBP I've learnt that his shop on Toro in T.O. had its partnership dissolved (Mev & his engine builder) and the shop sold. JBP's website hasn't changed in over 2 years and his wife divorced him. Mev has taken to trying to find friends on astronomy enthusiasts blogs. No business, no shop, no wife = Justice. Thank you Lord.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Just a bit of justice over this project that I want to share. As those who have been around a long time JBP was the company that really screwed me over. I've had many question why I didn't exact some justice for my wife & I. Others offered to do it for me Without being preachy many here know I'm a Christian as I've never hid that, so I left justice up to someone far greater than myself.

I have always checked to see what was going on with JBP. He even tried to start selling his crap to the Genesis coupe guys. As far as I know that fell a part as many (some from this forum) warned them as did I when I discovered what JBP was up to. As I kept an eye on JBP I've learnt that his shop on Toro in T.O. had its partnership dissolved (Mev & his engine builder) and the shop sold. JBP's website hasn't changed in over 2 years and his wife divorced him. Mev has taken to trying to find friends on astronomy enthusiasts blogs. No business, no shop, no wife = Justice. Thank you Lord.
some good news for once.
and speaking of, I was going through my computer the other night and came across the video of all of us at powell's shop.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Give them a call.

Customer Gallery - B & B Race Cars

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD