2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im still following as well, update my good sir!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:35 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
No Good Deed Goes Un-Punished

Originally Posted by *TRIX*
im still following as well, update my good sir!
Wish I could say good news was coming but that's not the case today.

Harvey (engine builder/project shop) has gone to new lows regarding my project.

While his health got to the point that he closed his shop he always promised to finish my car. Because of his health he even got to the point he had to downsize his house so I spent 2 weeks helping him pack, dismantle, move and dispose of stuff. I then helped him find a new place which I then spent a week painting for him.

For all of that he refused to pay me for my painting and I finally told him I wanted all my money back and that I didn't believe he would pay/finish the project. He said good luck collecting, he shuttered the company. He even had me go pick up my painting tools/equipment while he left before I got there so he didn't have to face me. He even phoned the police and said I was an 'intruder' in his house. A cop did show up as I was texting my wife and I asked if he could not be held accountable for making a false 'intruder' report. The cop said they wouldn't do anything over the call and the $$$ that I'm owed is a "civil matter"

I am now doing a small claims court filing and while I know he has the money, I'm not confident I'll get my (almost) $25K back.

Having said that I am starting to re-assemble the car and I have a mechanic friend who will do the stuff I'm not skilled to do. I will have my engine built by a race shop out here and I'll start buying the few remaining missing (stolen) components needed.

I start a new job in a couple of weeks up in a diamond mine in northern Canada. The time I have off (2 weeks on/2 weeks off) allows me to do some side stuff and all of that $$ will go into the car. If I re-coupe any money from Harvey, half goes to the wife and the other half to the project.

While this latest turn hurts a lot, it's just another set back that I'm not letting get in the way of getting this car done. Some will again say I'm stupid/stubborn/delusional but no one can call me a quitter.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:55 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
goddamn man, I really feel for ya.
and this is why I trust no one to do anything for me.

cept trix.... he's always good help lol

what stuff are you missing still? and are you still going ls based on the motor?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Jesus man, that guy sounds like a real piece of work. Youre ******* helping him stay alive basically and he fucked you over... Some people..
Old 08-25-2015, 09:01 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
goddamn man, I really feel for ya.
and this is why I trust no one to do anything for me.

cept trix.... he's always good help lol

what stuff are you missing still? and are you still going ls based on the motor?
I need the camshaft, exhaust collectors, torque converter(s), fuel regulator, starter, alternator, timing cover, turbo's, exhaust and re-worked headers.

Hi Paul, long time

Based on the LSX Bowtie race block I already have the whole thing has LS1 components. The DART racing heads have the combustion bowls enlarged to 72cc's and they are a thing(s) of beauty. One day it will run and I will be able to bask in that V8 rumble and I suspect I'll forget all of the hassle/pain/hurt that it took to get there.

For those who have been with me for years now, my wife has still never truly looked at the car. If she's in the garage she looks right past it. The good news is that she has a 9 year old grandson who is into the Fast & Furious movies so now she's starting to come around. Just yesterday she was in a go kart racing her grandson and I think she's will see in the value of the car helping her grandson safely learn about racing.

One day you will get to see this car up front and personally, you and the others who helped me rescue it from JBP.

Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000
Jesus man, that guy sounds like a real piece of work. Youre ******* helping him stay alive basically and he fucked you over... Some people..
I was totally dumb-founded when he pulled this latest betrayal. I have no understanding how such a betrayal is even possible. While it is no comfort he is someone who will die in a room all alone with maybe a couple of family members at his funeral. What a wasted life he has lived. Sadly he is not truly a man because his word is absolutely hallow.

I can't ever imagine treating anyone like crap as Harvey has. Ripping people off isn't worth the few $$ it brings.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

I admire your determination though. Keep it up man
Old 08-25-2015, 10:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
victory_red_SS goes RWD

This would make a good fiction novel something about the cursed cobalt, the events surrounding this car are unreal.

4.5 years deep in this thread and im nearly at a loss for words, i can only say im sorry and way to keep at it yet again.

Your dedication is commendable, one step forward then boom ANOTHER 25K in the hole and still you've got a positive outlook and a plan. At this point i probably would have taken the car to a junkyard, had it squeezed into a cube, and used it for a table/conversation piece.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:50 PM

Received 264 Likes on 223 Posts
who are you sending the engine to? i know of a great engine shop in kelowna, pretty well every major project in our shop has had the engine built by them. K&S machine. Kieth does killer work, and he has been doing it for many years.
The following users liked this post:
victory_red_SS (08-26-2015)
Old 08-26-2015, 12:04 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

I admire your determination though. Keep it up man
Thanks and yes I will keep it up because one day this V8 Cobalt will stand up up and surprise it's competitors.

Originally Posted by LNFTX
This would make a good fiction novel something about the cursed cobalt, the events surrounding this car are unreal.

4.5 years deep in this thread and im nearly at a loss for words, i can only say im sorry and way to keep at it yet again.

Your dedication is commendable, one step forward then boom ANOTHER 25K in the hole and still you've got a positive outlook and a plan. At this point i probably would have taken the car to a junkyard, had it squeezed into a cube, and used it for a table/conversation piece.

I have thought about taking this car to the crusher and pushing the button myself so many times. The thing that stops me is the same thing that helped me quit drugs 26 years ago. I refuse to let anyone say 'I told you couldn't do, I told you he would give up and give in'.

When I think about stopping this project it feels like losing a loved one and the pain I have gone through is like nothing the pain I would feel never taking this car for a ride to the track and the beautiful rumble of a built V8 as other drivers wonder where the heck that beautiful sound is coming from.

For everyone who has followed this project I just want to let you know that I would have to be dead to quit this project. I spend a bit of time exercising to help not dying young so the day day I post a video chewing up tires will be a great day indeed.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Sharkey
who are you sending the engine to? i know of a great engine shop in kelowna, pretty well every major project in our shop has had the engine built by them. K&S machine. Kieth does killer work, and he has been doing it for many years.
I was thinking of Richmond Racing Engines or Kershaw Performance Engines. As I am not at the point of building the engine (I'm working o finishing the wiring) I'm open to checking out K&S Machine. Thank you.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:23 AM

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Crazy progect, cudos to you man for sticking with it! Canada has all the cool cars...2 rwd v8 balts and sharkeys ecotec powered porsche... we need to get to work below the boarder!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I need the camshaft, exhaust collectors, torque converter(s), fuel regulator, starter, alternator, timing cover, turbo's, exhaust and re-worked headers.

Hi Paul, long time

Based on the LSX Bowtie race block I already have the whole thing has LS1 components. The DART racing heads have the combustion bowls enlarged to 72cc's and they are a thing(s) of beauty. One day it will run and I will be able to bask in that V8 rumble and I suspect I'll forget all of the hassle/pain/hurt that it took to get there.

For those who have been with me for years now, my wife has still never truly looked at the car. If she's in the garage she looks right past it. The good news is that she has a 9 year old grandson who is into the Fast & Furious movies so now she's starting to come around. Just yesterday she was in a go kart racing her grandson and I think she's will see in the value of the car helping her grandson safely learn about racing.

One day you will get to see this car up front and personally, you and the others who helped me rescue it from JBP.

I.
looking forward to the day it's up and running again. I'll definitely take a nice road trip out to see it go.

I"ll dig through my garage this weekend and see what I have that you need.
should at least have a timing cover and some random other parts, and let me know what spec cam you need or at least I'll have my guy spec one up for you.
may also have a converter pending what trans you are using. Might switch up my setup. Right now it's a th400 w/4800 rpm billet 9.5 fti converter.
may have an extra stock starter if you can use that
and who needs exhaust I"m sending mine right out the hood lol
Old 08-27-2015, 09:22 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Haven07
Crazy progect, cudos to you man for sticking with it! Canada has all the cool cars...2 rwd v8 balts and sharkeys ecotec powered porsche... we need to get to work below the boarder!
Actually there is an old boy down in the states who has a V8 Cobalt which he first ran about 20010. I will try to find the link which is in one of my computers.

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
looking forward to the day it's up and running again. I'll definitely take a nice road trip out to see it go.

I"ll dig through my garage this weekend and see what I have that you need.
should at least have a timing cover and some random other parts, and let me know what spec cam you need or at least I'll have my guy spec one up for you.
may also have a converter pending what trans you are using. Might switch up my setup. Right now it's a th400 w/4800 rpm billet 9.5 fti converter.
may have an extra stock starter if you can use that
and who needs exhaust I"m sending mine right out the hood lol
Harvey may have just lied to me but he fed me the line that the timing cover was different between fuel injection and carburation. Honestly, I have fact checked that statement.

The transmission is a race prepped (so Harvey said) 2 speed power glide. The camshaft specs I never had has Harvey just jerked me around on that as well. I do know that I 'supposedly' have a 4.25 stroke with the crank and pistons. I tried to get all the specs but Harvey was vague as hell. He tried to say that this would be a 588cc engine which seems beyond an LS engine. I do know the LSX block is the shorter of the two available castings.

As for exhaust, I'm stuck using a full on racing exhaust as it will be a long time before a truck/trailer is in my budget to haul the car which means being able to street this car to the track and back (35-40 minutes)

As for the starter I'm thinking stock should rank the engine over. I'm considering wiring in two batteries simply because of the need to run this to the track and back home.

Torque converters I admit I'm a bit under educated on. Harvey said I should be launching at 5-6K rpms. That is obviously not going to be doable on the street. The upside is that swapping a converter is only a 20 minute job considering the awesome tranny mount Harvey made (what he did do is quality work, that's the reason I tried to wait until he was healthy)
Old 09-09-2015, 11:39 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Jeez Rod, the people you've had to deal with on this project are almost unbelievable. Truly you are to be commended on your patience and determination.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:20 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by YelloEye
Jeez Rod, the people you've had to deal with on this project are almost unbelievable. Truly you are to be commended on your patience and determination.
I know and you're right, I don't think I could have made all of this crap up let alone it actually being a true story.
It seems I have a knack for picking charlatans instead of honest professionals.

Here is hoping that things get better from here on. I'm starting my new job out of town next week so I'll be able to work on the project during my rotational time off and the side job $'s I do on my time off get to go into the car.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:26 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Rod you should write a book about the whole build and situations you had to deal with... Of course maybe adding a little twist here and there. It could be a best seller lol
Old 09-18-2015, 11:56 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by CobaltSS 16
Rod you should write a book about the whole build and situations you had to deal with... Of course maybe adding a little twist here and there. It could be a best seller lol
You don't think this story already has enough 'twists & turns'

I guess I could add in my having to have surgery to have my ***** sewn back on after the wife cut them off for wasting so much money. Honestly, it is surprising she has never actually done that.
Old 11-26-2015, 02:29 AM

Sorry for your loss man. Note on the build I wish I could help but I have to wait on supercharger parts on mine. I only have one question though...... Are you going to make it look stock? Like besides wheels and suspension?
Old 11-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You don't think this story already has enough 'twists & turns'

I guess I could add in my having to have surgery to have my ***** sewn back on after the wife cut them off for wasting so much money. Honestly, it is surprising she has never actually done that.
I am surprised to see you still posting in this thread
Old 11-30-2015, 09:52 PM

Jesus man, i've been away from this site for a couple of years besides the occasional post and lurking, I had no idea how much had happened in this thread since i've been gone. I really hope everything turns out the way we've all been wanting it to turn out, and you especially. Harvey will get his, no doubt. Everyone does, in this life or another, past present or future.

If there's anything any of us can do, even if it's just to stop by and share a case of brewsky's, let us know.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member

lord knows this guy needs some brewskis
Old 12-25-2015, 08:00 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks and yes I will keep it up because one day this V8 Cobalt will stand up up and surprise it's competitors.

I have thought about taking this car to the crusher and pushing the button myself so many times. The thing that stops me is the same thing that helped me quit drugs 26 years ago. I refuse to let anyone say 'I told you couldn't do, I told you he would give up and give in'.

When I think about stopping this project it feels like losing a loved one and the pain I have gone through is like nothing the pain I would feel never taking this car for a ride to the track and the beautiful rumble of a built V8 as other drivers wonder where the heck that beautiful sound is coming from.

For everyone who has followed this project I just want to let you know that I would have to be dead to quit this project. I spend a bit of time exercising to help not dying young so the day day I post a video chewing up tires will be a great day indeed.
24 years here. Sometimes I feel like the strength gained from going thru that is an advantage. Today my sand car is a POS compaired to the new LS cars the others run and they remind me. What they can't say is that they can drive faster. I put my passion into tweeting something old and odd into somthing I like to use. Same thing with a POS 1983 boat I've been fooling with. I just love it. It's setup right and does the exact kind of boating I want to do. The boat is hanging from a chain on my back porch while I'm painting the trailer now. Monday I got fired from my job. They took the phone and company car, screwed me out of holiday pay and the two weeks vacation time I was going to get on the first.
Mope for the holidays but as my neighbor who had a liver transplant told me. "You can't keep a good man down". In our case, nobody, no thing or no project will bring us down to where we came from. We are too strong for that now and will bounce back in no time.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:10 PM

Wow, I have spent the last week or so at work on downtime reading this thread from the beginning. I'm a new member, just recently purchased my 06 SS/SC. I am amazed at your determination Rod, I don't think that I could ever go through everything you've been through, without being in jail, or completely giving up. I look forward to continuously watching this thread, and seeing this monster terrorizing Vettes and Vipers on the street.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:39 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

While I haven't posted much lately I'm still here and reading, posting and moving forward. I work way up north and my days are long so time moves without me worrying to much about the hassles I have with the car. I'm also taking on other work when I am on my days off which will help get some of the remaining parts that I need. In about 4 or 5 weeks I am going to be talking with some local shops and put a plan together for getting the motor built and the wiring finished. I'll keep this thread updated as things move forward. Thanks for all of the words of encouragement, I really appreciate them.

Originally Posted by Black05
Jesus man, i've been away from this site for a couple of years besides the occasional post and lurking, I had no idea how much had happened in this thread since i've been gone. I really hope everything turns out the way we've all been wanting it to turn out, and you especially. Harvey will get his, no doubt. Everyone does, in this life or another, past present or future.

If there's anything any of us can do, even if it's just to stop by and share a case of brewsky's, let us know.
Thanks for taking the time to offer the kind words.

lord knows this guy needs some brewskis

Originally Posted by Stumpalump
24 years here. Sometimes I feel like the strength gained from going thru that is an advantage. Today my sand car is a POS compaired to the new LS cars the others run and they remind me. What they can't say is that they can drive faster. I put my passion into tweeting something old and odd into somthing I like to use. Same thing with a POS 1983 boat I've been fooling with. I just love it. It's setup right and does the exact kind of boating I want to do. The boat is hanging from a chain on my back porch while I'm painting the trailer now. Monday I got fired from my job. They took the phone and company car, screwed me out of holiday pay and the two weeks vacation time I was going to get on the first.
Mope for the holidays but as my neighbor who had a liver transplant told me. "You can't keep a good man down". In our case, nobody, no thing or no project will bring us down to where we came from. We are too strong for that now and will bounce back in no time.
On that we all agree. Keep on with your projects too and let me know how they work out.

Originally Posted by Venominal
Wow, I have spent the last week or so at work on downtime reading this thread from the beginning. I'm a new member, just recently purchased my 06 SS/SC. I am amazed at your determination Rod, I don't think that I could ever go through everything you've been through, without being in jail, or completely giving up. I look forward to continuously watching this thread, and seeing this monster terrorizing Vettes and Vipers on the street.
That is a lot of reading I hope you have fun with your '06, I loved mine right up to the end. Now it's time to focus on the '05 and finally get her done so I can get to the track and forget the hassles and the pain, 1320 feet at a time.
PS the jail part is something I won't allow someone to make me crazy enough to go to. Besides my wife said I couldn't kill anyone and we know how good she has been through all of this.

Originally Posted by thahof
Sorry for your loss man. Note on the build I wish I could help but I have to wait on supercharger parts on mine. I only have one question though...... Are you going to make it look stock? Like besides wheels and suspension?
The car stays stock looking except for where had to open the rear fenders to fit on the huge slicks as well as slightly alter the front fenders to account for the slight stretch of the frame moving the front wheels forward. The last change is side exit exhausts on each side.

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
I am surprised to see you still posting in this thread
I'm surprised you guys haven't locked this thread after so long. I will keep coming by as long as this thread lives. I can't say the same for some other forums but this was home first.
The following users liked this post:
Venominal (01-19-2016)
Old 01-19-2016, 11:36 AM

I just have a lot of downtime, as a service writer these months of December, and January are painfully slow. This has truly been a great read, it could very well be a book. I'm really loving my '06, and can't wait to make it move a little more, but as I said, these months are painfully slow. I'd love to come see this thing unveiled when its done. And I think your wifes support through this all has been outstanding. Now maybe I can get my girlfriend to read this thing and I can get some go fast bits

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD