2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:11 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by 06black
I might rod (cams that is)

what ya got bro???

also, i did some more diging today my friend, come tomorrow i'll have more answers and solutions for ya bro.

let me know if the guy comes through and gets you your stuff.
They are just the stock LSJ's that Area needs for his car. Of course he and I figure you need to by a greatly built LSJ, (albeit with just the stock crank) good for 750hp.
It turns out that GM billet crank won't fit a stock LSJ as the journals are to small.
Needless to say, right now this project has taken a turn for the worse. Sadly with Christmas so close, I likely won't get any good answers until after news years.

And firestorm you are right. The liars have really screwed me over by wasting 6 months of my time.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
They are just the stock LSJ's that Area needs for his car. Of course he and I figure you need to by a greatly built LSJ, (albeit with just the stock crank) good for 750hp.
It turns out that GM billet crank won't fit a stock LSJ as the journals are to small.
Needless to say, right now this project has taken a turn for the worse. Sadly with Christmas so close, I likely won't get any good answers until after news years.

And firestorm you are right. The liars have really screwed me over by wasting 6 months of my time.
machinable?????

god dam this......
Old 12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

machinable?????

god dam this......
It is a 1.88" and needs to be 2.0" and I don't think anyone is to fast to start machining.
Again at this point we are investigating bying GM's Ecotec race block and doing the 1400hp build. I am unsure right now what holdups there would be from going that route. At the very least I would have a built LSJ for sale.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 PM

It is a 1.88" and needs to be 2.0" and I don't think anyone is to fast to start machining.
Again at this point we are investigating bying GM's Ecotec race block and doing the 1400hp build. I am unsure right now what holdups there would be from going that route. At the very least I would have a built LSJ for sale.
what have they actually DONE on your lsj as of yet?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont sell that baby. With all the time and money put into it, it would be a shame just to sell it for a cheap price. Work it out.

Keep that lsj.

Last edited by Herndon_High_SS; 12-20-2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-20-2007, 10:30 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

what have they actually DONE on your lsj as of yet?
They bored out the stock cyl sleeves, P&P the head, and prepped it all for building. We have all the components (except crank) and the cams would need to be changed as the ones we have are a tad radical (or so I have been told )

Originally Posted by Herndon_High_SS
Dont sell that baby. With all the time and money put into it, it would be a shame just to sell it for a cheap price. Work it out.

Keep that lsj.
That is really nice and all but I could be waiting another 6 months for a custom crankshaft. That isn't acceptable for me. Enough is enough. If I wasn't so far into this already, I would have considered pulling the plug.

PS, I would still be running an Ecotec

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 12-20-2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-20-2007, 10:35 PM

They bored out the stock cyl sleeves, P&P the head, and prepped it all for building. We have all the components (except crank) and the cams would need to be changed as the ones we have are a tad radical (or so I have been told )

That is really nice and all but I could be waiting another 6 months for a custom crankshaft. That isn't acceptable for me. Enough is enough. If I wasn't so far into this already, I would have considered pulling the plug.

PS, I would still be running an Ecotec
lol just a touch on the cams!

well if you ever want to part ways with that head let me know, i need a good ported one.

i still have faith in the LSJ tho vic, we gotta figure this out.......
Old 12-20-2007, 11:04 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

lol just a touch on the cams!

well if you ever want to part ways with that head let me know, i need a good ported one.

i still have faith in the LSJ tho vic, we gotta figure this out.......
Perhaps there is a way.
The company who let me down just sent me a proposal. He knows another shop "Lucas Crankshafts" that may be willing to complete the work in a timely fashion, at a reasonable cost. I won't hear more about this until tomorrow. I am hopeful but not holding my breath.
Ever hear of Lucas Crankshafts?
Old 12-20-2007, 11:09 PM

Perhaps there is a way.
The company who let me down just sent me a proposal. He knows another shop "Lucas Crankshafts" that may be willing to complete the work in a timely fashion, at a reasonable cost. I won't hear more about this until tomorrow. I am hopeful but not holding my breath.
Ever hear of Lucas Crankshafts?
i never have my friend, nor has my "job"

i would demand pics of past projects and and some form technical compliance.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

i never have my friend, nor has my "job"

i would demand pics of past projects and and some form technical compliance.
I just googled them and found a phone number and some high praise from Honda and VW guys. One honda guy says he uses their cranks in his record setting Honda Insight.
Having said that I too will want way more info as well as references, even though on the internet it says their good .
Old 12-20-2007, 11:21 PM

I just googled them and found a phone number and some high praise from Honda and VW guys. One honda guy says he uses their cranks in his record setting Honda Insight.
Having said that I too will want way more info as well as references, even though on the internet it says their good .
dont you know the interweb is always rite??/ DUH!

you know that i'm a diehard here, i put in the work to get my lsj up there with the best of them as of yet, but even I think this is getting outta ****** hand.

people need to stick up with there word and get the job done, i'd be SOOOO PISSED if i was man.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

dont you know the interweb is always rite??/ DUH!

you know that i'm a diehard here, i put in the work to get my lsj up there with the best of them as of yet, but even I think this is getting outta ****** hand.

people need to stick up with there word and get the job done, i'd be SOOOO PISSED if i was man.
I am having a hard time deciding between being pissed and being depressed, so most of the day I have just been the depressed, pissed off guy.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 PM

for **** sakes.......
that really blows...
Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 PM

I am having a hard time deciding between being pissed and being depressed, so most of the day I have just been the depressed, pissed off guy.
You have no idea how much I am in the same boat as you...honestly...it's amazing.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by distillion
for **** sakes.......
that really blows...
Yes, it really does.

Originally Posted by RollermanDan
You have no idea how much I am in the same boat as you...honestly...it's amazing.
Well that sucks. I look to you and others for encouragement, through your successful projects.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:42 PM

Mine isn't exactly successful when I don't know what parts to get (mainly due to NOPI/NHRA not getting the new rule book out) and how much this entire project is going to cost.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Mine isn't exactly successful when I don't know what parts to get (mainly due to NOPI/NHRA not getting the new rule book out) and how much this entire project is going to cost.
I too am waiting on the NHRA book.
As for cost, that's simple, everything you have and then lots more.
The good thing is one day you will have everything you need.
Oh wait things break, you and I are both screwed.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:20 AM

My worst fear is that something is going to f*** up with the engine and then I'm done...
Old 12-21-2007, 12:32 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

My worst fear is that something is going to f*** up with the engine and then I'm done...
Thats where you need to be really good, and win so the sponsors will line up to hand you plenty of new stuff.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
like Rod I will be building 2 motors for the "just in case" But as for NHRA rules, **** it. I'm just building the car up for fun and hopefully get it into the 10.80's one of these days and I'll be content. looks like my engine will be getting dropped off mid to late january and hopefully have it in and running sometime in the 1st weeks of february. I'll just be using the stock crank, albeit, it will be knife edged, balanced, and they're doing some kind of treatment on it so it will hold up to the power. Only thing that I don't have yet are the sleeves and those are gonna put a hurting on my already thinly stretched budget
Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 AM

c'mon. i been waiting for this ever since i first joinned. this is by far, the nastiest conversion i have ever heard of/seen. don't give up! if it was easy, ****, i'd build a 700whp rwd cobalt too. keep going dude! u can do it! i still want a ride in it!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:10 AM

I would love to see the built LSJ, but damn man, a RWD 1400hp cobalt is damn ******* amazing at that. Whatever you decide, ill be watching you like a hawk yet again i love this project so much
Old 12-21-2007, 05:52 PM

hows things going? (i hate reading) havent been on in a while. no more turbo for my car. dang things costing me a ton right now to fix it everything is breaking on it. bulbs going out in my $350 headlights, tires for the winter, oil change, lack of work(getting sent home ), you know what im talking bout.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:33 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

As The Stomach (Crankshaft) Turns

Okay so for those following my crankshaft fiasco, here is the latest.
Lopez Crankshafts has a greed to finish the crankshafts started by Macias Racing, as a favour to Macias.
Lopez Crankshafts is based in California and after talking with Jaime Lopez the owner, I am much more optomistic about the cranks being finished than I was at this time yesterday.
The first crankshaft is being pushed to the front of the line and the other will be done later on. I am told that I will have the first crank in 3 weeks.
Because of all the hassles so far we have formalized a backup plan.
If this crank does not happen, we will be using my LSJ and converting over to the rotating assembly of the 1,400hp build 2.2. By doing that I utilize everything I have except for crank/rods and pistons.
In other news, the design team at JBP goes to Distinct Images on the 29th of Dec, to finalize the placement of the turbos, turbo header, intercooler/intake manifold and supercooler.
Once this is done, those parts will able to have the final parts fabricated and prepped for when we have a built engine to drop into the car.
At this time the spare engine is in the engine bay allowing for the final measurements as well as giving us the correct drive - line, for lining up the engine, transmission and differential.
Distinct images has been working on the roll cage, from the firewall back, and I hope to have some more pictures to share next week or on the 29th at the latest.
The only pics I have to share today are of the new throttle body. Can anyone say "gas guzzler?"

BlackLsCoupe, sorry to hear about the delay in you being able to go turbo.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 12-24-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Way to go with the first Cobalt RWD in Canada......no wait the world! Good luck man I can't wait to see the finished product. *Now do us all proud son and kick some Rice bangin, euro tuning domestic hating ASS!!!!

*Do it responsibly while obeying all your local rules of the road. LOL.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD