2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
So it will be a race car that gets driven on the street. Got it. I guess I could call my dads race car a "street driven" car if I pulled it off the trailer and drove it around the block too. So your basically gonna change the rear end to drive it on the street? Seems real practical Just call it a race car (cause thats what it is), its a badass car either way.

It is a race car that will be "street legal"
The shops I am dealing with didn't want to accept this fact at first either.
The truth is, I am not going out to win championships or break speed records. That allows me to sacrifice a bit so my car works very well in both worlds.
The chassis shop has engineered this car to handle both the strip and the twisties. Once they saw that I was serious, the frame/rollcage was built for dual purpose.
The car would be capable of faster 1/4 mile times if I didn't insist on cornering capabilities. At the same time handling could be improved even more so if I didn't insist on going to the drag strip.
As for the impractical idea of swapping out the axles/rearend, I have been told I can do it in an hour or less. Considering I am old what else is there for me to do the night before race day.

Originally Posted by InfinityzeN
Oh, I see you did decide to go with the Pilot Sport PS2's like I suggested way back in the day. Kewl kewl. Hope their still the best when the car is finally done.
There will likely be tires that will allow us to go up the sides of buildings, by the time the car is done.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 04-02-2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you doing for insurance? What category does that put you under? Surely me and you don't fit the same insurance category any more haha.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:27 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by denlou
What are you doing for insurance? What category does that put you under? Surely me and you don't fit the same insurance category any more haha.
That isn't so easy. I will need to have the basic ICBC insurance but evrything else will likely need to be private insurance. Insurance is going to be pricey.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Doc

Hagerty insurance covers special cars here in the states...not sure if they offer something in Canada or if there is another company that offers insurance for collector or specialty cars.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
It is a race car that will be "street legal"
The shops I am dealing with didn't want to accept this fact at first either.
The truth is, I am not going out to win championships or break speed records. That allows me to sacrifice a bit so my car works very well in both worlds.
The chassis shop has engineered this car to handle both the strip and the twisties. Once they saw that I was serious, the frame/rollcage was built for dual purpose.
The car would be capable of faster 1/4 mile times if I didn't insist on cornering capabilities. At the same time handling could be improved even more so if I didn't insist on going to the drag strip.
As for the impractical idea of swapping out the axles/rearend, I have been told I can do it in an hour or less. Considering I am old what else is there for me to do the night before race day. )
How is it going to go around corners with drag skinnies up front
Old 04-02-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by jigyflyuk07
i think hes talking about insurance, haha.
I do believe i mentioned this, haha.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:27 PM

The front tires are just for show. He will in fact give it enough gas to lift them off the ground, and then, by borrowing tech from Honda, will be able to control the power delivery to each rear tire separately, being able to rotate one slightly faster than the other, thereby rotating the entire chassis. Once car is facing the proper direction, a tap of the brakes brings the front end back to earth.

DUH
Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
The front tires are just for show. He will in fact give it enough gas to lift them off the ground, and then, by borrowing tech from Honda, will be able to control the power delivery to each rear tire separately, being able to rotate one slightly faster than the other, thereby rotating the entire chassis. Once car is facing the proper direction, a tap of the brakes brings the front end back to earth.

DUH
and i thought he was gonna do the flinstone thing... stupid me...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw

DUH
DOH!!! I'm sorry, I was stupid for not thinking about that earlier!
Old 04-02-2008, 09:54 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Doc
Hagerty insurance covers special cars here in the states...not sure if they offer something in Canada or if there is another company that offers insurance for collector or specialty cars.
Thanks Doc. We don't have them up here but I suppose our insurance broker will be able to work something out for me.

Cam, you are joking right??? Have you seen me cut any corners on this project?? I guess when I am changing the rearend/axles perhaps I will also put on the street wheels with wider tires
Old 04-03-2008, 04:40 AM

Cam, you are joking right??? Have you seen me cut any corners on this project?? I guess when I am changing the rearend/axles perhaps I will also put on the street wheels with wider tires
Well most drag racing front suspension (looks like what you have in the pics) is not made for turning.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:17 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Well most drag racing front suspension (looks like what you have in the pics) is not made for turning.
Perhaps you are just confused because in the pictures the adjustable coilovers are not installed yet, due to all the welding being done.
The rwd conversion would have been completed long ago had this car only been designed to run straight lines.
Once again, this car has been engineered to handle and run straight. We have not missed any details.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:09 PM

Once this thing is up and running, I hope a certain track in Germany is on your tour schedule.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:28 PM

Perhaps you are just confused because in the pictures the adjustable coilovers are not installed yet, due to all the welding being done.
The rwd conversion would have been completed long ago had this car only been designed to run straight lines.
Once again, this car has been engineered to handle and run straight. We have not missed any details.
A GT45R doesn't seem conducive to road coarse though. By the time the turbo spools, you'll be at the next corner!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Things looking sweet as hell.....And what are you doing with the stock rear lights? Are you putting them back in or going a different route, cause if so then I want to do a custom setup and looking for just the outer light with harness to plug in.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

A GT45R doesn't seem conducive to road coarse though. By the time the turbo spools, you'll be at the next corner!

Cam I really hope you are paying better attention to your own project because you keep missing the most basic parts of mine, such as the twin turbo, one big and one small turbo, the small turbo for power down low.

Originally Posted by Viper33884
Things looking sweet as hell.....And what are you doing with the stock rear lights? Are you putting them back in or going a different route, cause if so then I want to do a custom setup and looking for just the outer light with harness to plug in.
Thanks, but the rear tails are being retained as I am keeping as much of a stock body as possible.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
eh Rod, don't pay attention to him.... if superchargers had nuts... he'd be hanging from em.

and as always.... I can't wait to see this thing finished lol.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
eh Rod, don't pay attention to him.... if superchargers had nuts... he'd be hanging from em.

and as always.... I can't wait to see this thing finished lol.
bwhahahahahahha

i do believe he is on the other end of the blower. sucking.

::shrugs::
Old 04-03-2008, 09:58 PM

Old 04-03-2008, 10:37 PM

Cam I really hope you are paying better attention to your own project because you keep missing the most basic parts of mine, such as the twin turbo, one big and one small turbo, the small turbo for power down low.
Eh, I still think it will be out of place on a road coarse. However it will be an unbelievable beast at the strip, or on the street (legally or not )
Old 04-12-2008, 09:35 PM

still waiting???
Old 04-12-2008, 10:36 PM

update for ya rod....

my car goes into DTP on monday for the STS install and the following week vince at trifecta is tuning the car
Old 04-12-2008, 10:43 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by g5mike
still waiting???
Yes Mike, still waiting. I should have new pics up this week as the metal work is all getting primered. We are getting closer.
The crankshaft maker promised me to ship the finished cranks this week too.
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
update for ya rod....

my car goes into DTP on monday for the STS install and the following week vince at trifecta is tuning the car
I look forward to hearing how well this goes.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
update for ya rod....

i thought you were gonna run the aem f/ic?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
i thought you were gonna run the aem f/ic?
i was going to but when i installed it... it threw my engine into LIMP mode. I think i might not have had the right resistor in line with the O2 tapping connection. Vince said that the tuning on the 2.2 ECM for boost is the same as tuning for boost in any other NA GM ECM. All the same options and peramitors are in the ECM that are available in the vett, camar, gto ect ect ect. So ill be going with this and then LS2_Edit im going to pick that up to tune my auto trany

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD