2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

victory_red_SS goes RWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What i really like is that the only completed part of the project is the painted bowtie on the steering wheel. someone sat there and was like "OMFG!!! I need to get something done to completion at this point"

looks awesome Rod
Old 05-20-2008, 04:52 PM

Holy Giant Turbo Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:28 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by OrngBalt
What i really like is that the only completed part of the project is the painted bowtie on the steering wheel. someone sat there and was like "OMFG!!! I need to get something done to completion at this point"

looks awesome Rod
I actually painted that myself before the car was shipped. It is going to be removed however as part of my "no bowtie" protest for GM's lack of help on this project, and yes they were asked.

As for that "big" turbo, it looks even bigger up close and requires a 4" charge pipe.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks good man. Seems like it's coming alone just as you wanted it to. Can't wait until it's finished.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I actually painted that myself before the car was shipped. It is going to be removed however as part of my "no bowtie" protest for GM's lack of help on this project, and yes they were asked.

As for that "big" turbo, it looks even bigger up close and requires a 4" charge pipe.
Well I dont blame GM for not sponsoring. it is far from the original Cobalt which maybe a slap in the face for the original design. as well they may have had reservations about the design or whether it would even get done. I would be so hard on them yet. get it done and then reapproach them with a business plan and promotion that will get GM great exposure. you may want to get professionals that would know how to get in to see the right people at GM and knows how to make a good pitch. you will have to have performance #'s to help back up your car so they know it is worthy.

Originally Posted by InfinityzeN
I would have got 1024D's instead of the 1022D's. That way you could wire them all the way up in parallel and run them at 1ohm. I'm willing to bet that they got you a KAC-X1R amp to power the subs.
It does not matter what you put in. the stereo will sound like an AM radio if the engine is running. especially under double spool. I cant tell you how much I am anticipating a vid of the DUAL SPOOL.

If you cant get different rims to have a different set up with tires then I guess this a drag car only. I have a hard time grasping that this will be any good in the twisty's based on the width of the front tires and the rear. this is designed to go straight. enlighten me?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:30 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Asphalt Assault
Well I dont blame GM for not sponsoring. it is far from the original Cobalt which maybe a slap in the face for the original design. as well they may have had reservations about the design or whether it would even get done. I would be so hard on them yet. get it done and then reapproach them with a business plan and promotion that will get GM great exposure. you may want to get professionals that would know how to get in to see the right people at GM and knows how to make a good pitch. you will have to have performance #'s to help back up your car so they know it is worthy.
What I asked for from GM was very basic way back in the infancy of this project. Their response was "go aftermarket". I did.
Once the car is finished what is left for GM to do?? Get the glory?? Not on my dime.

If you cant get different rims to have a different set up with tires then I guess this a drag car only. I have a hard time grasping that this will be any good in the twisty's based on the width of the front tires and the rear.
The problem is not the width of the front or back tires, it is the back spacing and the fact that I am no longer willing to spend $6K on just 4 rims.
As for the rear tires they have a 13.30 contact patch compared to the 13.5 of the 335's that I plan for the back. The fronts will get the largest I can physically fit with out any rubbing issues.

This is not strictly a track car.
I could have bought any piece of scrap and turned into a track car.

this is designed to go straight. enlighten me?
Wes, look at the suspension closer. There are fully adjustable coilovers on there for a reason. Do strictly drag cars have these???
Now look at the rollcage. You will see the combination of support bars seen in both drag cars and in road racing cars. This car is designed to run the twisties as well as go in a straight line with out breaking on either track surface.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned

Whoa wait a minute cowboy....LOL first my comments were not intended to **** you off. I understand why you are. and I am sorry. come on ROD. I am not judging. I giving you some possibilities and just questions as I was not understanding what you were conveying......LOL. I didnt mean to drop comments to **** you off..... so that said lets get back on track....

What I asked for from GM was very basic way back in the infancy of this project. Their response was "go aftermarket". I did.
Once the car is finished what is left for GM to do?? Get the glory?? Not on my dime.
K that is not what I meant. I was meaning you have spent the money, you have a completed project, and invoices, so pitch them one more time and see if they bite. get them to fork over enough cash to make it right for you. your in control. I honestly think that they could have thought, in their lack of wisdom, that this car would not get done. they are not going to foot the complete bill. they could have just built the car on their own. why would they need you? get them as a sponsor for said up front cash. but your going to have to set up a schedule for them to see how they get exposure - so show the magazines you will be in, sema, plan out other dates like NOPI or something. they wont pay anything without getting an idea of what they will get and you will have it easier to be able to show them a completed car.

sure it was your money out. now go collect some money back. it is business. if they dont bite then go get other sponsors. I would say the best thing is not to hit any mags untill you have sponsorship level to your satisfaction. after all JBP has your cash. you get the car. you can go to the mags and not mention a soul for the build and just say whats in it.

My main point - get it done. have possession of it, then play hard ball with these guys to get cash back or new sponsors. you can do it. and if your unsure then you should get some professional help like an agent.

The problem is not the width of the front or back tires, it is the back spacing and the fact that I am no longer willing to spend $6K on just 4 rims.
As for the rear tires they have a 13.30 contact patch compared to the 13.5 of the 335's that I plan for the back. The fronts will get the largest I can physically fit with out any rubbing issues.

This is not strictly a track car.
I could have bought any piece of scrap and turned into a track car.

Wes, look at the suspension closer. There are fully adjustable coilovers on there for a reason. Do strictly drag cars have these???
Now look at the rollcage. You will see the combination of support bars seen in both drag cars and in road racing cars. This car is designed to run the twisties as well as go in a straight line with out breaking on either track surface.

I know you have said all along it is not strictly a track car. I understand but I did not understand your statement that well. I thought you meant that you could not get other rims as in it was not physically possible.

as far as your setup. I have no idea what is under a drag car. I have never built one. my observation was based on your current tires and set up with them. thought you were saying this is it. can you tell me that for what I see before me that it will turn well? I didnt think so. and if you can change the setup IE wider front tires and smaller rear tires with low profile side walls then I could see it handling well in the twisties... sorry again to **** you off. it is just my observation with given pics. Guess I need to see your road, street setup.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:28 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Whoa wait a minute cowboy....LOL first my comments were not intended to **** you off. I understand why you are. and I am sorry. come on ROD. I am not judging. I giving you some possibilities and just questions as I was not understanding what you were conveying......LOL. I didnt mean to drop comments to **** you off..... so that said lets get back on track....

K that is not what I meant. I was meaning you have spent the money, you have a completed project, and invoices, so pitch them one more time and see if they bite. get them to fork over enough cash to make it right for you. your in control. I honestly think that they could have thought, in their lack of wisdom, that this car would not get done. they are not going to foot the complete bill. they could have just built the car on their own. why would they need you? get them as a sponsor for said up front cash. but your going to have to set up a schedule for them to see how they get exposure - so show the magazines you will be in, sema, plan out other dates like NOPI or something. they wont pay anything without getting an idea of what they will get and you will have it easier to be able to show them a completed car.

sure it was your money out. now go collect some money back. it is business. if they dont bite then go get other sponsors. I would say the best thing is not to hit any mags untill you have sponsorship level to your satisfaction. after all JBP has your cash. you get the car. you can go to the mags and not mention a soul for the build and just say whats in it.

My main point - get it done. have possession of it, then play hard ball with these guys to get cash back or new sponsors. you can do it. and if your unsure then you should get some professional help like an agent.

I know you have said all along it is not strictly a track car. I understand but I did not understand your statement that well. I thought you meant that you could not get other rims as in it was not physically possible.

as far as your setup. I have no idea what is under a drag car. I have never built one. my observation was based on your current tires and set up with them. thought you were saying this is it. can you tell me that for what I see before me that it will turn well? I didnt think so. and if you can change the setup IE wider front tires and smaller rear tires with low profile side walls then I could see it handling well in the twisties... sorry again to **** you off. it is just my observation with given pics. Guess I need to see your road, street setup.
I wasn't, nor am I, upset.
I know you have been a supporter of this project from the start.
Your post actually allowed me to clarify those points for other members who may not have been up to speed on all of the build.

As for JBP, they are the one shop that is doing this for the least amount up front. JBP is my biggest sponsor and they see the value in the payoff from the exposure as well as new products they are creating. They have a few goodies that should make others happy, after this is all said and done.
As for GM, JBP has talked to someone there who told JBP "get this running" and they would "put their name in lights". Again that doesn't really mean anything for me.
I am also not going to be looking at doing any NOPI schedule simply because of the enormous cost over runs. I can't afford to take months off to go racing/showing. I need to keep working and race locally or close to it.
Now if GM wanted to hand me a Sky R/L for $1.00, they could take the car racing for two years on their dime, as long as the drivetrain came back after being refreshed and the car looking like it was just finished. Then we would put the bowties back on.
GM are you reading/listening
Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 AM

Location: Voted by the people, most likely to get pulled over by a cop
I'm not sure what was more fun to see in those latest pics...the front shot w/ the size of that turbo or the rear view tubbed out =)
Old 05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Banned

try looking at both at the same time. it is bliss
Old 05-23-2008, 09:59 AM

I wasn't, nor am I, upset.
I know you have been a supporter of this project from the start.
Your post actually allowed me to clarify those points for other members who may not have been up to speed on all of the build.

As for JBP, they are the one shop that is doing this for the least amount up front. JBP is my biggest sponsor and they see the value in the payoff from the exposure as well as new products they are creating. They have a few goodies that should make others happy, after this is all said and done.
As for GM, JBP has talked to someone there who told JBP "get this running" and they would "put their name in lights". Again that doesn't really mean anything for me.
I am also not going to be looking at doing any NOPI schedule simply because of the enormous cost over runs. I can't afford to take months off to go racing/showing. I need to keep working and race locally or close to it.
Now if GM wanted to hand me a Sky R/L for $1.00, they could take the car racing for two years on their dime, as long as the drivetrain came back after being refreshed and the car looking like it was just finished. Then we would put the bowties back on.
GM are you reading/listening
O they are listening they have spies on this site but why settle for a Sky R/L? you should get a camaro which isn't even close to the overall value of your car (dont settle for anything cheap
Old 05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by mrphoto103
I'm not sure what was more fun to see in those latest pics...the front shot w/ the size of that turbo or the rear view tubbed out =)
try looking at both at the same time. it is bliss
Yes they are both good shots and right now the desktop shows the rearview picture.

Originally Posted by pimpnwink
O they are listening they have spies on this site but why settle for a Sky R/L? you should get a camaro which isn't even close to the overall value of your car (dont settle for anything cheap
Well okay I guess I wasn't thinking straight.
Now GM look at it in another way, I am not after the ZR1.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
you'd be surprise at how well a car on slicks n skinnies will handle when pushed hard enough.

especially while running from cops

Old 05-23-2008, 02:44 PM

steer it with the throttle!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 06black
ding ding!

this is what i did with a friends mustang
Old 05-24-2008, 02:54 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by Area47
you'd be surprise at how well a car on slicks n skinnies will handle when pushed hard enough.

especially while running from cops

There is a story there that we all would like to hear.

Originally Posted by 06black
Going sideways for the win.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 05-24-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Well I thought I would post an update for the 2,000th post.

The intake manifold/intercooler should be done the beginning of this coming week.
The turbo plumbing should also be completed this coming week.
The engine is being worked on this weekend and hopefully we have a finished engine early this coming week.
Many components of JBP's work are being completed within the next few days. I am very pleased by that as well as the monumental effort JBP's crew are putting into the project since the car got there 4 weeks ago.
Pictures will be uploaded later next week, once I get them.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:11 PM

nice dude cant wait to see this beast on vid
Old 05-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Banned

Update ... more pics. come on... suspense is killing me!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:11 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Update ... more pics. come on... suspense is killing me!
It's killing you????
Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 AM

Rod, I think you are just having too much fun dragging people along this rollercoaster ride with you!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:15 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Rod, I think you are just having too much fun dragging people along this rollercoaster ride with you!
Now if I could only figure out how to get you all to pay for tickets to this ride, I would be set.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:17 AM

Now if I could only figure out how to get you all to pay for tickets to this ride, I would be set.
No doubt! I bet you could get us to all pay for a ride once it's done though!
Old 05-27-2008, 12:21 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
No doubt! I bet you could get us to all pay for a ride once it's done though!
The problem with that is there won't be any profit due to the price of gas.

That is if gas is still around when the car is finally finished.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:25 AM

The problem with that is there won't be any profit due to the price of gas.

That is if gas is still around when the car is finally finished.
That's why the price of rides with increase along with gas prices. Hard pulls requiring race gas will be more. I'm sure the wife would be more than willing to work of a price chart for you if it meant recouping some of the funds.

Quick Reply: victory_red_SS goes RWD