2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Weight Loss! Diet. PICS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you guys think this looks bad?

Not only does it save weight, but it makes my car more practical for my needs.
I can't tell you the times I've had to haul stuff like tables and chairs, construction supplies, etc. and with no truck, it's the best solution I could come up with. I've got a sedan for people hauling, so the rear seats were unnecessary - the performance gain, thought slight, is a bonus.

As an added bonus, the sub woofer comes in louder and clearer too. Of course you could just drop the rear seat and get almost as much room, but why carry around an extra 100 lbs if it's not needed? And If I decide to sell it, I can always put it back - no harm, no foul.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:53 PM

That actually looks nice. But I only need to gut the car for track purposes. But if someone had a job where they constantly needed to haul things, that would be perfect. Doesn't look hidious if you were to just leave the back seats out.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:11 PM

i was thinking about doing this, but im thinking about maby puting 2 more of the front seats back their. dont think they would fit. but it would look realy cool
Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 AM

Nice, they say 100lbs off usually equates to a .1 in the 1/4. But there are so many variables than can change ur ET .1 or more that it's difficult to see if you gained anything. With the tailgate off (60lbs) I actually went slower...but I think it attributed to the increased drag. I saw usually .2 off my ET in my mustang w/ the rear seat delete kit, passenger seat delete and some other misc junk.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tofu
Nice, they say 100lbs off usually equates to a .1 in the 1/4. But there are so many variables than can change ur ET .1 or more that it's difficult to see if you gained anything. With the tailgate off (60lbs) I actually went slower...but I think it attributed to the increased drag. I saw usually .2 off my ET in my mustang w/ the rear seat delete kit, passenger seat delete and some other misc junk.
That's because you took the 60lbs. off the drive wheels eliminating traction. By gutting the back end of the car the rear sits slightly higher transfering more weight to the front wheels. Well in theory. I'm not exactly sure how it would effect the weight transfer when accelerating, if it will squat more or less.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:11 PM

No it helps traction ALOT!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gory
wow honda cobalt sweet
LMAO
Old 08-26-2006, 02:45 PM

IMO, I have more respect for a car that can run 12's on a full interior, compared to one that is completely stripped.

To each his own though.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:27 PM

^I agree. I can see replacing parts with lighter parts (exterior) but not ditching things from the inside just to get lighter...

maybe you should have bought an aveo? 2,400 lbs.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont see how you shaved 100 pounds, maybe if you took out the spare and jack.
i would just take the spare tire and jack out at the track and call it a day, but its yer ride
Old 08-26-2006, 04:27 PM

well if no ones going to say it i will man. i think that looks bomb...did you make that all your self?.. what is it made out of?? any how to or tips you can give--i want to try that also. my cavys just got its seats just sitting in the back so i can quickly just reach in and toss them out when i need to. but my cobalt i want to look clean like that. bomb dude keep up the good work
Old 08-26-2006, 06:35 PM

man blue ss-supercharged. You really are an idiot. It looks "bomb"! woot. wow ******^^

This come from the same guy who has an Acura cobalt type-s!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:44 PM

well, you ruined the look of a brand new car to be a m4d tyte r4cer that is gutted
Old 08-26-2006, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by BlueSS-supercharged
well if no ones going to say it i will man. i think that looks bomb...did you make that all your self?.. what is it made out of?? any how to or tips you can give--i want to try that also. my cavys just got its seats just sitting in the back so i can quickly just reach in and toss them out when i need to. but my cobalt i want to look clean like that. bomb dude keep up the good work
Well, after removing the rear headrests it leaves holes on the rear deck, so I had to do something to clean things up.

I went to hobby lobby and bought 2 sheets of black picture matting, 2 yards of black cloth, some fabric glue, epoxy glue and some plastic mesh (to stop the cloth from sagging into the speaker cut-outs).

First, I butted the 2 sheets of matting up to each other and glued a 3 inch wide strip (trimmed off the edge of one sheet) together. I layed the old deck on top and traced an outline on the matting. I also used pins to poke a rough outline of the 6x9 speaker holes and connected the dots. Next, I cut out upper deck and the vertical front piece (2 seperate pieces) slightly oversize to allow for trimming. I then cut out the speaker holes and epoxied the plastic speaker grills on the inside of the matting. I then test fit the matting in the car, trimming as necessary for a perfect fit also making slots near the ends for the plastic roof suports to key into.

I carefully covered the new, light-weight deck with thin, black cloth and glued it in place with fabric glue, stretching it semi-tight. I glued in a criss-cross pattern (sort of like torquing a head) so the cloth stretched evenly and didn't bunch up. This is the first time I worked with cloth, so I think I could do a better job next time. It probably cost me about $50 bucks and a couple afternoons work - mostly spent trying to figure out the best way to construct it.

To those dissing my ride - bite me. I'm driving it, not you. I think those busses with the top fuel drag engines that wheelie down the track are the shitz, but I wouldn't want to drive one to work. If you want to carry your beer buds or your rug rats in your back seat, that's up to you. My little one is probably older than you, so I've no need for extra people hauling gear. Plus I think it's cool to have a 2 seater and pay the insurance of a 4 seater!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:38 AM

if i wanted a 2 seater i woulda bought a sky, which comes with yer motor and rear wheel drive......
Old 08-27-2006, 11:56 AM

2 bad i got a daughter
Old 08-27-2006, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by distillion
if i wanted a 2 seater i woulda bought a sky, which comes with yer motor and rear wheel drive......
Yeah, the 2.4 Sky is cool - similar performance to my balt, but:

1. They're about $6k higher than a similarly equipped 2.4 balt
2. You'll pay anywhere from $50 to $100 a month more for insurance
3. 20/28 EPA mpg sky vs. 25/34 EPA mpg cobalt 2.4
4. Try hauling 800lbs of ceramic floor tiles in the Sky as did in my Balt the other day.
5. As I look as the front of the Sky - all I can see is the Cheshire cat grinning at me
6. Just try banging a chick in the back of a Sky...
7. The name "Sky" just sounds a little gay to me - no offence if you're...

What do you think?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by l Sh1ft l
man blue ss-supercharged. You really are an idiot. It looks "bomb"! woot. wow ******^^

This come from the same guy who has an Acura cobalt type-s!
\

awesome, so you came on this post to diss me?? you got something to say then say it. its people like you who are no better then the other **** that rip on peoples cars. dude its my car not yours. im going to do what ever i want with mine. and you can do that also. i have never ripped on some one elses car for something that they actually like. nothing any one ever says is ever going to change what i do to my car, unless its something that is of importance. and not just because you dont like the way it looks. bite me dude. really just bite me
Old 08-27-2006, 10:34 PM

\

awesome, so you came on this post to diss me?? you got something to say then say it. its people like you who are no better then the other **** that rip on peoples cars. dude its my car not yours. im going to do what ever i want with mine. and you can do that also. i have never ripped on some one elses car for something that they actually like. nothing any one ever says is ever going to change what i do to my car, unless its something that is of importance. and not just because you dont like the way it looks. bite me dude. really just bite me
And you would like that.

You posted your ugly ass type s on this forum. I will rip on it for as long as I want. No matter what you say is going to change that. You don't like it? Leave the forum. We all hate your stupid type-s bullshit.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:44 PM

ok seeing how im rambling on and on about it saying it looks so much better then your car and how great it is. i think its so funny that your getting so pissed over something that doesnt matter at all to you. "hey guys lets get really pissed off and want to cry becuase of this kid half way across the country and his cobalt!!!!" thanks for the laugh dude. cant wait to hear what you got next
Old 08-27-2006, 10:46 PM

ok seeing how im rambling on and on about it saying it looks so much better then your car and how great it is. i think its so funny that your getting so pissed over something that doesnt matter at all to you. "hey guys lets get really pissed off and want to cry becuase of this kid half way across the country and his cobalt!!!!" thanks for the laugh dude. cant wait to hear what you got next
I'd say your moms a **** but then I'd be rambling because lord knows you've heard that more than once.

I'm not pissed. I just thought as well as everyone else thought that you should know how gay your car does indeed look.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:50 PM

ha, ok man hope you have fun having sex with my mom. get every thing out of your system?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:58 PM

well i guess were done talking **** to me so back to the reason of the thread. hey sushi can you get some more pictures of what it looks like from the trunk and more inside ones
Old 08-27-2006, 11:02 PM

well i guess were done talking **** to me so back to the reason of the thread. hey sushi can you get some more pictures of what it looks like from the trunk and more inside ones
Sure, I'll try to post some up tomorrow.

"Can't we all just get along?" Rodney King
Old 08-27-2006, 11:11 PM

ya, its sad that we fight with each other but oh well. cant wait to see it

Quick Reply: Weight Loss! Diet. PICS.