2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what do you guys think?

Well im about to get my last bit of my exhaust ordered and was wondering what you guys think about as far as mounting a ingals torque dampener, one so I dont bust my flex piping and two... control a little bit of the wheel hop.... so any other combinational ideas would be great.... Thanks guys..
Old 10-16-2009, 03:04 PM

I don't have experience with the Ingals, but I heard it needs to be adjusted as the o-rings wear, which will eventually wear enough to need replacing. Engine/trans mounts are more a set and forget solution... but can be jarring. I went back to stock since I couldn't stand the TTR /prothane mounts for daily driving (60mi/day commute). But am thinking of drilling out some of the Poly to soften them up a bit and put em back on.

I busted my stock flex with the "solid" mounts anyway. Encountered epic wheelhop on one of my runs at Tri-State, the track was sticky that day.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Preowner
I don't have experience with the Ingals, but I heard it needs to be adjusted as the o-rings wear, which will eventually wear enough to need replacing. Engine/trans mounts are more a set and forget solution... but can be jarring. I went back to stock since I couldn't stand the TTR /prothane mounts for daily driving (60mi/day commute). But am thinking of drilling out some of the Poly to soften them up a bit and put em back on.

I busted my stock flex with the "solid" mounts anyway. Encountered epic wheelhop on one of my runs at Tri-State, the track was sticky that day.
damn... so why not try running both the polys and ingalls? to bad we couldnt set-up 2 ingalls to help out with the softening of the jaring of the motor....
Old 10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm to lazy to find my post i made so ill give a quick post about my thoughts on this. I ran and tested TTR Solid Engine Mount, OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts and Ingalls Torque Damper. My friend owned the TD for about 1 year...i bought it off of him and used it for 1 1/2 years...nothing every broke on it and i never had to adjust the settings on it...nothing needed replacing.

Test 1: Torque Damper = Awesome on the streets but still had wheel hop on the track, little vibs
Test 2: TTR Engine Mount = Same as above but abit more vibs
Test 3: TTR Engine Mount + OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts = Really good on and off the track but way to many vibs for my liking
Test 4: Torque Damper + Stage 2 Rotated Mounts = Awesome on and off the track...little vibs...this is what i ran the remaining timing i had my cobalt.

So all in all, i say get the torque damper, its the best bang for the buck.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
I'm to lazy to find my post i made so ill give a quick post about my thoughts on this. I ran and tested TTR Solid Engine Mount, OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts and Ingalls Torque Damper. My friend owned the TD for about 1 year...i bought it off of him and used it for 1 1/2 years...nothing every broke on it and i never had to adjust the settings on it...nothing needed replacing.

Test 1: Torque Damper = Awesome on the streets but still had wheel hop on the track, little vibs
Test 2: TTR Engine Mount = Same as above but abit more vibs
Test 3: TTR Engine Mount + OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts = Really good on and off the track but way to many vibs for my liking
Test 4: Torque Damper + Stage 2 Rotated Mounts = Awesome on and off the track...little vibs...this is what i ran the remaining timing i had my cobalt.

So all in all, i say get the torque damper, its the best bang for the buck.
awesome thank you, thats what im talkin about now why you get rid of ur ss...? lol
Old 10-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Banned

Wasnt happy with the way it was performing for the money i was throwing at it. Plus i always wanted a nissan 350z but couldnt afford it. I'm a Cpl in the Canadian Army so im making alot more money so i bought a 370z.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:22 PM

I plan on running OTTP Stage 2 Mounts in the future and my Ingalls. I love the Ingalls, was one of the first mods I did to the car back in 06 and I was actually the test car for the Updated Brackets that all the new Ingalls since 07 have come with.

The rubber O-rings have failed tho but it's a very easy fix, just go to home depot and find a similar size O-ring for replacement about every 1-2 years or as needed. Less than $1 is basicly a free fix.

The other thing about the Ingalls is at really cold temperatures (25-30 F and below) mine tends to make a clunk sound and doesn't do much good on ice or snow, so I remove just the "shock absorber" in the winter and re-install in the summer. The brackets stay on all year.

I can't wait for the stage 2 mounts, should be a very streetable and trackable setup!
Old 10-16-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by leviticus88
I plan on running OTTP Stage 2 Mounts in the future and my Ingalls. I love the Ingalls, was one of the first mods I did to the car back in 06 and I was actually the test car for the Updated Brackets that all the new Ingalls since 07 have come with.

The rubber O-rings have failed tho but it's a very easy fix, just go to home depot and find a similar size O-ring for replacement about every 1-2 years or as needed. Less than $1 is basicly a free fix.

The other thing about the Ingalls is at really cold temperatures (25-30 F and below) mine tends to make a clunk sound and doesn't do much good on ice or snow, so I remove just the "shock absorber" in the winter and re-install in the summer. The brackets stay on all year.

I can't wait for the stage 2 mounts, should be a very streetable and trackable setup!
Nice ok well ima prolly buy that and my cti 3" cat-back next friday and then i should be good, and can start on cooling mods.... thanks for the help

Wasnt happy with the way it was performing for the money i was throwing at it. Plus i always wanted a nissan 350z but couldnt afford it. I'm a Cpl in the Canadian Army so im making alot more money so i bought a 370z.
damn thats what im talking about, **** you should just buy the GTR if your making the money lmao...

Last edited by MrSlickSter06SS; 10-16-2009 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrSlickSter06SS
Nice ok well ima prolly buy that and my cti 3" cat-back next friday and then i should be good, and can start on cooling mods.... thanks for the help

damn thats what im talking about, **** you should just buy the GTR if your making the money lmao...
not making that much money. Here in canada the GTR is $30,000-40,000 more then what im paying for my 370z...i would have loved to buy it. I raced this one at the track a couple weeks ago...got my ass spanked...lol.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:44 AM

not making that much money. Here in canada the GTR is $30,000-40,000 more then what im paying for my 370z...i would have loved to buy it. I raced this one at the track a couple weeks ago...got my ass spanked...lol.

Damn dude that thing is nice as hell lucky you... I want ;(
Old 10-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Banned

its not mine, thats just what i raced against...this is mine (sorry for thread jack)

Also to the OP, quick question? Are you planning on running the car at the track or just ******* around on the street?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 PM

its not mine, thats just what i raced against...this is mine (sorry for thread jack)

Also to the OP, quick question? Are you planning on running the car at the track or just ******* around on the street?
Man you already got the *****, thats nice man (jealous) lol... huh I'd like to do autocross with it some day but overall it will be a street app... Also I like how you got the black cobalt in the background of your pic Lol
Old 10-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned

Yea we have 2 Cobalt SS's and 2 Cobalt LT's and 1 Cobalt LS in our parking lot...mine was the only SS Supercharged..lol

With the torque damper you will be perfectly fine for what you want to do. You get wheel hop at the drag strip if you ever go.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:09 PM

Yea we have 2 Cobalt SS's and 2 Cobalt LT's and 1 Cobalt LS in our parking lot...mine was the only SS Supercharged..lol

With the torque damper you will be perfectly fine for what you want to do. You get wheel hop at the drag strip if you ever go.

eh haven't had it at the drag strip yet 1 because my exhaust and cooling mods aint done, but I plan on taking it soon sometimes... I do get alot of wheel hop though when I race a friend off the light while messin around...
Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Banned

yea before i got it i had bad wheel hop, installed the TD and never had it until i went to the track.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:41 PM

yea before i got it i had bad wheel hop, installed the TD and never had it until i went to the track.
Yeah im sure we wont beable to get rid of it inless we had the right money for the right product, but like you said ingalls will be plenty for me for the time being as well as mounts but thats later I mainly wanna get for right now just to keep alot of the stress off my flex piping on my new cti header...
Old 10-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Banned

you will still see engine movement..for example...like mine did with the ingalls damper in this video. But it wont be bad enough to damage your flex pipe

Old 10-17-2009, 05:37 PM

you will still see engine movement..for example...like mine did with the ingalls damper in this video. But it wont be bad enough to damage your flex pipe

yeah thats still a good bit of movement but that damper im sure will absorb alot, well guess you can say its better than nothing eh...