2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

what next for power?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gwatson650
yea when they are stock.

how many all motor cobalts have you seen that can run low 12's?
this is VERY easy to achieve in a honda.
i think that the fastest is even like 9 secs all motor.

i'm not a guy who is all about hondas, but they deserve more respect than they get.
Very easy to run 12's in a Honda??

Whats your definition of very easy??

Who do you think you are fooling here?? Hondas are not meant to go fast. Their most powerful FWD 4 cylinder makes 197HP. Combine that with FWD, weak trannies, weak axles, weak chassis, and very expensive parts and tuning, and you have yourself a real worthless pile of ****. They are a joke.

ok but you missed the point.
you spent 20k on a brand new tc. i'm talking about buying an old honda and spending 5k on it and you would be under 15k total budget.

all i'm saying is that cobalts will never be as established in the aftermarket parts world as hondas. that's a fact.
You can polish a turd, but in the end its still a piece of ****.

Lets see...spend 20K on a BRAND NEW car thats going to be reliable, efficient, well build, quick, and handle and stop very well...or....waste tons of money that you will never get back trying to make some old pile of **** Honda fast that was never meant to do anything more than get groceries. In which case you end up with a car thats still slow, still ugly, still unreliable, and still an old piece of ****.

And that in a nutshell is why the entire Honda "tuning scene" makes no sense at all.

Last edited by 08SSTCRD; 05-10-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD

Who do you think you are fooling here?? Hondas are not meant to go fast. Their most powerful FWD 4 cylinder makes 197HP. Combine that with FWD, weak trannies, weak axles, weak chassis, and very expensive parts and tuning, and you have yourself a real worthless pile of ****. They are a joke.

Lets see...spend 20K on a BRAND NEW car thats going to be reliable, efficient, well build, quick, and handle and stop very well...or....waste tons of money that you will never get back trying to make some old pile of **** Honda fast that was never meant to do anything more than get groceries. In which case you end up with a car thats still slow, still ugly, still unreliable, and still an old piece of ****.

And that in a nutshell is why the entire Honda "tuning scene" makes no sense at all.
DAMN SKIPPY!!! Don't waste your money on a damn Honda. Better put, dont disgrace yourself by owning a Honda.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 AM

I-Vtec is their excuse for a car that makes 0 power until 8000rpm lol
Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by 08SSTCRD

i've given credit to this already clearly a tc is a better car.
but seriously, why would you spend $20,000 on a new car to go into a tuning scene?
not saying that everyone who owns one is, but the ones who are don't give credit where it's deserved.

my friends 04 rsx-s has close to 200,000 miles on it, and he races nearly every weekend.
and we are neck and neck up unitl about 100, at which point he begins to pull on me with a random assortment of ebay parts and a stage 2 clutch.

here's a link to his f/s thread if you think this is ugly then get off your GM highhorse
http://www.carolinahondas.com/honda-...sx-type-s.html
Old 05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Banned

yea when they are stock.

how many all motor cobalts have you seen that can run low 12's?
this is VERY easy to achieve in a honda.
i think that the fastest is even like 9 secs all motor.

i'm not a guy who is all about hondas, but they deserve more respect than they get.
There would be alot of them if people wanted to rip out the entire interior and destroy the car. Those hondas are nothing but a shell
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by defo98
I-Vtec is their excuse for a car that makes 0 power until 8000rpm lol
notice that we dont have anything special on our cars like I-Vtec. We dont need fancy sounding part names to make our cars look, "sound", and be fast. you can buy a used cobalt for 8K, put 3K into it and make 260HP easy. It would take 7K or 8K to do that in a honda.

Last edited by Do_WorkSS; 05-10-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:46 PM

haha i love honda bashing. u get all the **** up here in the desert who buys intake,exh, octane boost and a i love my honda sticker for there integra and think they have a 13 sec car cause the local shop tells them so...then get creamed by my truck. n e who dmastery u know anyone who can tune my car it needs it bad, have bad idle surge and rich in the top end. and i would love to post pics if i knew how on this damn site lol. my gf thinks shes so cool now that u said that lol. u can see my titan at stillen day 08 pics, its the blue crew cab. k&N 63 intake,tb spacer, coolant bypass, screen delete,iridium plugs,jba exh, d.t. long tubes, tq manegemant delete, 2 deg. timing adv,up rev tuned, royal purple everything...
Old 05-10-2010, 11:00 PM

can you switch right over to running e85 or do you need to do somethin with the engine?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Do_WorkSS
notice that we dont have anything special on our cars like I-Vtec. We dont need fancy sounding part names to make our cars look, "sound", and be fast. you can buy a used cobalt for 8K, put 3K into it and make 260HP easy. It would take 7K or 8K to do that in a honda.

damn good point about the cobalt being able to push 260hp easy, that's what happens when you start with a boosted motor from the start
i'm not gonna argue my point any more, because you clearly don't know **** about hondas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHJJ...eature=related
LSJ<k20

s/c kit retails for around 3k btw..damn i wish my cobalt could beat tuned evos
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha awesome

my buddy Rusty{TEAM ADRENALINE} is a Trifecta tuner and he lives in Victorville
and there is my tuner Shaun(shaunmcdee) in Rialto and he uses HP tuners
u can PM them to see what suits u best
to post pics host them on photobucket and then take the img coded one and drop the link in a reply box, but lower caps the img
[IMG] to this [img]
Old 05-11-2010, 12:06 AM

whats a trifecta tune? lik ehp just diff brand or totally diff setup? sounds good to me if he's in victorville.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Banned

i've given credit to this already clearly a tc is a better car.
but seriously, why would you spend $20,000 on a new car to go into a tuning scene?
not saying that everyone who owns one is, but the ones who are don't give credit where it's deserved.
Maybe some people want to tune a nice car. Better to start off with a good platform and make it faster than to try and make some pile of **** Honda go fast.

my friends 04 rsx-s has close to 200,000 miles on it, and he races nearly every weekend.
and we are neck and neck up unitl about 100, at which point he begins to pull on me with a random assortment of ebay parts and a stage 2 clutch.
RSX's are junk. I don't know who you think you are fooling here, but you're talking a person who works in the industry and sees the problems first hand. Honda has multiple TSB's out for both the RSX-S and Si because the transmissions are so weak and poorly designed. They state that you must not skipshift any gears, because doing so will damage the transmission and void your warranty. And even without skip shifting, the transmissions are failing within a few thousand miles of being new. Hondas don't even have synchronized reverse...why?? Because its cheaper that way.

Meanwhile you have cars like the F-body, Corvette, and GTO that come from the factory with a 1-4 skipshift feature - and does it damage the trans?? No, because they are well built and use high quality components. Unlike Honda transmissions which are piles of jap crap.

If you are getting beat by an RSX-S with ebay parts, then there is something seriously wrong with your car. My friend has an RSX-S, and its slow as hell. Not even a race at any speed.

here's a link to his f/s thread if you think this is ugly then get off your GM highhorse
http://www.carolinahondas.com/honda-...sx-type-s.html
What the hell is that supposed to prove?? All I see is a riced up RSX-S with a duct taped intake and a fart can thats turning the bumper black - typical ricer style. The trans has either been rebuilt multiple times or its just plain shot, either way there is not one thing nice about that car.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by socal st3 ss/sc
alright so story of our lives i keep doing more and its still not fast enough lol. need opinions on what to do next. 06 ss/sc with k&n typhoon,zzp stage 3 with 2.8 and stage 1 h.e.(i know i know lol) zzp mid length header and 3" catted dp, stock exhaust with magnaflow muffler, 2 step iridiums, royal purple oil,ignalls t.d. so i dont wanna spend alot right now so exhaust is out, and no nos, so what next? cooling upgrades? 2.7? dual pass int. plate? is the tbs from ca or zzp worth it? n e who you know the say opinions are like... lets here them thanks guys
Why? If done right there's close to no risk at all..

And you will get the most HP for the least $.. By far...
Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whats a trifecta tune? lik ehp just diff brand or totally diff setup? sounds good to me if he's in victorville.
i think its some diff software
im not for sure about it haha

if u get in contact with either u will be pleased
Old 05-11-2010, 12:41 AM

thanks man... wow that rsx is not takin care of, the inside is trashed, the hood doesnt line up,motors cute little thing with a 25 dollar aire filter from autozone, and glad it has hid's so cobalts can see it when its ten miles back. wo-ho a k20 with v-agina tech... not.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:43 AM

thanks man... wow that rsx is not takin care of, the inside is trashed, the hood doesnt line up,motors cute little thing with a 25 dollar aire filter from autozone, and glad it has hid's so cobalts can see it when its ten miles back. wo-ho a k20 with v-agina tech... not.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 AM

damn good point about the cobalt being able to push 260hp easy, that's what happens when you start with a boosted motor from the start
i'm not gonna argue my point any more, because you clearly don't know **** about hondas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHJJ...eature=related
LSJ<k20

s/c kit retails for around 3k btw..damn i wish my cobalt could beat tuned evos

For some reason my 07 ss is whoopin on my buddies 06 rsx-s with the hondata reflash, cat back, intake, short throw, and stage 2 clutch.

k20<LSJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UHDE...eature=related

Not only is that turbod lsj whoopin the **** out of that evo but wait till the last race where the GM stage 2 pulls on it too. Stage 2's are what now around $600?

Once again k20<LSJ
Old 05-11-2010, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by defo98
For some reason my 07 ss is whoopin on my buddies 06 rsx-s with the hondata reflash, cat back, intake, short throw, and stage 2 clutch.

k20<LSJ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UHDE...eature=related

Not only is that turbod lsj whoopin the **** out of that evo but wait till the last race where the GM stage 2 pulls on it too. Stage 2's are what now around $600?

Once again k20<LSJ
bro my truck will be a honda/acura in reverse.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:28 AM

COBALTS ARE THE GREATEST EVARRR!!!!!!!
no one else can get my respect because they don't have the money to spend to start off with a $8k or more car. hahaha RICERS!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 PM
Banned

COBALTS ARE THE GREATEST EVARRR!!!!!!!
no one else can get my respect because they don't have the money to spend to start off with a $8k or more car. hahaha RICERS!!!
Sucks to be them. Thats life.

You either save your money and work hard to buy a nice car, or you have no money and end up buying a piece of **** (riced up Honda).