2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

What's your closest call??

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Red2.4SS/SC;959741]**** soda period

Yes **** soda. Since that **** happened, there is no eating or drinking in the car
The eibach springs are the ****. I've been thinking of upgrading to sportlines so the car could be a little lower tho.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:49 PM

going the speed limit on the highway in winter (stupid i know)....i saw a tow truck and a truck in the ditch up ahead so i decide to slow down, all of a sudden i started to slightly fish tail but managed to gain control....that scared the **** outta me...
Old 04-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I spun My mom's Crossfire At 130 on a 5 lane Highway at 2 am, Missed Three cars and the K rails in the middle Traction Control took over when the speed got down to 65 and snapped the back end back in line in the slow lane. Pulled the car over and sat there for fifteen mins watching my hands shake.

[QUOTE=KapnKirk;960247]
Originally Posted by Red2.4SS/SC
**** soda period

Yes **** soda. Since that **** happened, there is no eating or drinking in the car
The eibach springs are the ****. I've been thinking of upgrading to sportlines so the car could be a little lower tho.
Your wheel gap is worse than mine was

Last edited by YellowLT; 04-06-2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 04:08 PM

On the Williamsburg Bridge (pretty tight) and im on the left lane in the middle of a truck side by side that is on the right lane. And the guy decides to switch lanes i almost **** my pants i slammed on the brakes nd put it into reverse. Thank god no one was behind me.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:08 PM

I 70 in ohio in my civic si, left lane doin 75-80 in the rain everybody switches to the right at the last second, then i see why, siding in the middle of the lane, I could't move had a bus next to me. I went left into the gravel and it pulled me sideways into the grass. Down shifted to 3rd turned the wheel and gunned back on the highway and never looked back.

Oh btw still had the 30 day tags on the car

Last edited by Stouffer; 04-06-2007 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Well besides getting rear-ended twice...
I've had a couple close cars..
First, I was coming home from work, and I was in kinda a rush, so I made a wide two lane ride into a three lane. There were no cars park so it was possible. I wasnt the only one doing this so it wasnt just me. Well the street light ahead of me turns red, so I approach the stoplight, again making a two lane into three lane. Well I'm stopped at the light, and the guy next to me decides he wants to merge into my lane, while I'm still there. I'm guessing he didnt see me, even though I was right next to him. He decided to dive in my lane, while I was in the way, almost broadsiding me. Keep in mind, this is at a stoplight. I just couldnt believe he didnt see me, good thing I had my window open, so I could yell at him.
Second, again at an intersection. This time I was in the turning lane, waiting for the light for the turning lane to turn green. So the light turns green, and as I'm halfway through the turn, some guy in the opposing traffic decides to blow the red light. Well I had to punch the gas to get out the way, and the guy behind me swerved not to hit the guy. Well this dumbtard who took the red light also swerved, jumps the curb and drives on the side walk for about half a block.
Third, I was on the way to the mall, and I missed the entrance to it. Well I went to a place, where U-Turns are permitted, with a big ass sign and even a light. Well I'm waiting for the light so I can do the U-Turn, when this guy in a Purple Hummer comes along a side street ajacant to the street I'm trying to get on. Well the light turns, and I do my U-Turn. For some reason the Hummer decided to blow with red light, and turn also, almost running me over. He was at fault, turning where 'no turn on red' is clearly marked. Well he then proceeds to follow me and yell and cuss at me.. It turns out it was some old guy driving. Haha.
Fourthly..
Well as exciting as the other ones were, this last one was the most fun/scary. Well I was on my way home from work, it was dark out in the middle of winter. It was some in the teens, with the wind chill going into the negatives. Well I was almost home, turning on the last street before my house, when I guess I hit a patch of black ice. I began to understeer through the turn, with cars parked on either side. Well I let go of the gas as soon as I began to understeer, and slowly applied to brakes. I kid you not, I was literally inches from hitting a parked car.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:08 PM

close calls

My closest call was the 2nd day i had the car....

i was just driving around (for the heck of it) i just got the car so all i wanna do was drive it..

im doing about 65km/h in a 60Zone, and i am driving up to a 4 way intersection, and i am always alter to other people on the road (cause some people just dont know how to drive) and this Mother F&%KER ran the light so hard, but he saw me coming and slammed on the breaks, so here he is sitting in the intersection, and i have a car right beside me... I SMASH on the breaks, and slide into the intersection and almost 95% through it and my front end is about an Inch from his Front Driverside fender / Front door (so right in the middle of his A piller...

Stupid Bitch rolled down his window and yelled at me, told me i was going to fast, i told him im gonna get out and F*&King kill him i was doing 65 i said. you didnt even stop, so stop ******* looking at me and get the F out of my way..

I almost crapped my self, 2 days old and so idiot that ran a red light almost ruined my brand new car...

there have been many like this .. but that made it all as the car was brand 2 day news...
Old 04-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned

mine was when it was december here in michigan. it was snowing so i was taking it realllllly realllllly slow. theres a bank turn where it banks right but theres a turn i have to make left. so its like 4 o clock lots of traffic like rush hour. i dont know how i survived. so i got my blinky on and going 30 mph (the roads 50) and all is well hitting the breaks. i got plenty of room. then all of the sudden some dick cavy pulls in front of me inches away without any warning or hesitation on his part. and hes stopping at the same left turn i am. so i progress to hit the breaks a lil harder cause if not i will hit him.

SNOW/ICY ROAD + NO ABS + DICK CIVILIAN = MAD COBALT DRIVER SPINNING OUT

i spin out completely around 180 the thing into the ONCOMEING TRAFFIC. im like OMG my cars toast and im dead. LUCKILY all drivers arent retarded. and the oncoming traffic saw this coming. they all stopped about 5 feet from my car. i give them a big wave of thanks and proceed to go home shakin up.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 PM

this one happend to me a few years ago b4 i was driveing i was with my dad coming home from the islanders game we had just got outta the parking lot and on to the main road and all of a suddon my dad swerves on to the grass and then in almost slow motion the car that was behind us rear ends the car infront of us
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 PM

ooh where to start i think CT people are geting worse and worse everyday. sometime last month im driveing down the road that i got rearended on and im in the right lane driveing along and theres a jeep right on the side of me well the moron trys to come into my lane when im right there so i laid on the horn and hit the gas and lucky they turned quick into there lane again.

in the G5 i was in the in the middle lane left lane to turn then the middle then the right well im driveing and this stupid ass lady in a ford dont signal nothing just turnes infront of me and dont even get on the gas so i slamed the break so hard the car jumped and i put the clutch in befor i stalled i just laid onthe horn and we where under a under pass for the highway and the G5s got a nice horn to it and she gives me the finger. so she got the hi beams. lucky for the 4 wheel disk breaks the G5 stops pretty quick. faster then my sunfire.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had one a few days ago. I was in the far right line of I-95 going around 35mph cruisin by the traffic at 10 mph. I was going slower than normal as well in fear of people just pulling out into my lane and what to you know, someone did just that I was thinking, lol. A 300C Taxi pulls out infront of me at maybe 10 cars ahead. I about **** myself and lock up the breaks and then he finally checks his mirror and pulls back into his lane too quick to where he almost hit the car that was to the left of him about, lol. He gets behind me and pulls up next to me after we get off and pull up to the next stoplight. He appolgized about it then went on his way.
Old 04-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by nherbst454
Closest call without actually crashing...2003 CBR600 F4i doing some street racing on a Friday night against a CBR600rr. We're flying along and shifting into third the front end comes up a bit then slams back down. When it came down the handle bars started oscillating back and forth (those of you who ride may know what I'm talking about). Anyway, the oscillations are getting larger and larger and I'm going over 100mph at that point so all I thought to do was rev it and pop the clutch to get the weight off the front which was causing the "positive feedback" to keep the handle bars going back and forth. It actually worked and when I finally got the bike parked again (unscathed) I was then able to take the time to get my heart beat down from "hummingbird" speed.

Of course I did end up crashing a couple times so now I've moved into a sport cruiser...Suzuki M109R, easier to keep the front end down but hard to keep the back tire from spinning
ok so how do you expect that a 03 f4i is going to lift up the front tire in 3rd gear i dont care what speed you are doing thats a very heavy bike, and rev it up and pop the clutch?? comon man, do you even now how to ride??
Old 04-07-2007, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 01sunfire01
ooh where to start i think CT people are geting worse and worse everyday. sometime last month im driveing down the road that i got rearended on and im in the right lane driveing along and theres a jeep right on the side of me well the moron trys to come into my lane when im right there so i laid on the horn and hit the gas and lucky they turned quick into there lane again.

in the G5 i was in the in the middle lane left lane to turn then the middle then the right well im driveing and this stupid ass lady in a ford dont signal nothing just turnes infront of me and dont even get on the gas so i slamed the break so hard the car jumped and i put the clutch in befor i stalled i just laid onthe horn and we where under a under pass for the highway and the G5s got a nice horn to it and she gives me the finger. so she got the hi beams. lucky for the 4 wheel disk breaks the G5 stops pretty quick. faster then my sunfire.
yeah ct is gettting worse and worse there will be like one drop of rain on the ground and they'll be doing like 35 on the highway, and regular roads, good luck getting anywere. ive also been getting ppl pulling into my lane so much lately right infront of me im tempted to just rail em. and its not like ive even got the cobalt right now ill just be chillin in the equinox and they still do it.
Old 04-07-2007, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by kawasakizx6rr
ok so how do you expect that a 03 f4i is going to lift up the front tire in 3rd gear i dont care what speed you are doing thats a very heavy bike, and rev it up and pop the clutch?? comon man, do you even now how to ride??
I have an 04 f4i, and if you are getting on it all the way it will lift up when you get in third, not much but it will. And what do you consider heavy? They dry weight is under 400 wet weight right around 410ish give or take and up until '06 the f4i was still just a lil bit faster than cbr 600rr.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Stouffer
I have an 04 f4i, and if you are getting on it all the way it will lift up when you get in third, not much but it will. And what do you consider heavy? They dry weight is under 400 wet weight right around 410ish give or take and up until '06 the f4i was still just a lil bit faster than cbr 600rr.
400 pounds dry is hella heavyy brother for a 600, my 600 is only 350 dry in a bike every pound counts, and anyway i dont even like the cbr600rr, every guy i know with one of those is in the ground 1 month after getting it,
Old 04-10-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by kawasakizx6rr
400 pounds dry is hella heavyy brother for a 600, my 600 is only 350 dry in a bike every pound counts, and anyway i dont even like the cbr600rr, every guy i know with one of those is in the ground 1 month after getting it,
F4I Dry Weight 370 pounds,600RR Dry Weight 345 pounds so I dont' know where 400 dry comes from, but anyway I am not a fan of the 600rr either and in any 600 or any liter bike for that matter, it is all about the rider when it comes down to it
Old 04-11-2007, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Stouffer
F4I Dry Weight 370 pounds,600RR Dry Weight 345 pounds so I dont' know where 400 dry comes from, but anyway I am not a fan of the 600rr either and in any 600 or any liter bike for that matter, it is all about the rider when it comes down to it
true, very true , no matter the bike if you ride its cool, you should get into this things once your'e into them is hard to even think of driving a car
Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 PM

im pretty confident i know why they call this shortbus.net now.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 PM

close calls

Originally Posted by Boost Fr33k
So curious to hear how some people came paper thin close to an accident...

my close call when i was racing a gti and some ******** in a minivan merges into my lane with out lights or anything. i fish tail going 60mph but thank god i gained control haha
hit a sharp turn doin 50 and the back came out from under me and i ended up 3 feet from a car in the other lane and 5 feet from a light pole. double wammy