2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Why are these cars so darn hard to drive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i didnt even read the link lol... i heard about that on the radio and was dying laughing!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:08 AM

Sorry if im beating a dead horse but is there any reason anyone is tryin to take off at 2k.... im not trying to be a dick but the best way to learn to drive our cars is the way i tought my wife... she had never driven a stick before i took her to an empty parking lot and made her learn to start the car moving without using the gas pedal... it is possible and maybe its just something i learned driving a manual while i was in san francisco on those steep ass hills with red lights.... but its a super easy way to learn clutch control and you dont look like a jackass if your stopped on a hill and have to roll backwards when you take your foot off the brakes... again im not being a dick but anyone whos havin trouble gettin used to the car take an hour out of your day and learn to roll the car without touching the gas pedal... you'll thank yourself and so will your passengers.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:11 AM

or you could do some heel-toe. I never roll back on hills at all.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:19 AM

^^^ yes sir, wait till you feel the clutch then press the gas.

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
no the cop that is "oding" on those brownies asks in the middle of the emergency call what the score to the wings game is.
holy ****! they ate a quad at once!

Last edited by cblt12; 05-19-2007 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-19-2007, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by cblt12
^^^ yes sir, wait till you feel the clutch then press the gas.

holy ****! they ate a quad at once!
yep. And that cop's partner is the cop that gave my friend a POM. we were actually joking around about how it could have been his weed lmfao.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:22 AM

When the guy flips you off and tell you to quit racing, that is when you get out your car and beat his ass down, while explaining that he was accelerating faster then you were. Lots of people are just stupid ********.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:23 AM

lol thats great! pom ftmfl!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:25 AM

even though i dont smoke anymore...if i did i would keep a little crushed up E in the bottom of my pocket just in case hahah. So little that if i got pulled over they would never know it was there, but enough to sprinkle on my weed so whichever dick gives me a pom will go ******* insane when he eats those brownies. end up humping his dog when the emergency guys come.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 PM

hey ya ll! my name is dax. yeah i know (parents musta been stoned when they thought the name up) i wanted to give my opinion on here being that i am 100 percent deaf i was born that way. u do not need your hearing to make smooth shifts or a smooth ride. when i got the car 06 ss/sc 25k miles now it was my first stick car, i had issues with the smooth ride. i would just watch the rpms and learn from it. now i dont even look at anything its all by feel. unless they have some freak occurence happening with the cars then no. anyone near the tyler/ dallas texas area? hit me up we ll go crusin!
Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 PM

I would have to say the clutch on this car is a little more tricky than the one on my 03 cobra...
Old 05-22-2007, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by alaskacobalt
You can't get a ticket for SOUNDING like you are racing. It's not even illegal to take off from the line quickly. Hell, I take off from a line fast all of the time, but I NEVER go over the speed limit either, and if I notice someone pacing me, I generally back off, unless I'm 100% positive that there aren't cops, or others around that could be injured as a result of our wrecklessness. Again, I think it all comes down to whether or not you are driving like a jackass... if you are, then you are going to get pulled over for virtually anything, if not then they aren't going to mess with you.

And no... that's not just an Alaska cop thing, it's an EVERYWHERE cop thing. I haven't been in Alaska my entire life, only the last few years, and the key is that you can't be a jackass... we have more cops per capita in Anchorage than most any other city, and they don't have a damned thing to do, so they love pulling people over... but if you aren't an idiot, they can't pull you over because you "sound" like you are racing. It will never happen and if it did, they have to be able to prove it in court... and how can they? That is why they have to have tint measuring wands, so that they can PROVE in court that your tint is past legal limits. That's why they store speeds in traffic guns and on the laptops, so they can PROVE you were speeding. You can't prove racing by sound alone... all they can get is a decibel violation and that is incredibly easy to fight, because again, they need evidence.
i got pulled over for excessive acceleration before lol the sad thing was it was in my old 91 S10 with a 2.8 litre, it had a magnaflow exhaust was a gutless wonder, but due to it being louder the cop said i accerated aggresively by him when he was on the side of the road..... which was complete BS due to the truck being incapable of even accelerating fast, and i was driving the flow of traffic which was up to about 60-70kmph..... i actually had to start my truck up and demonstrate it's sound at low rpm....... to prove that i was not gunning it by him lol.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:36 AM

i hadnt driven a standard car in about 2 years, and i went to look at my balt before i bought it and drove away like i was driving for years. I think this is an easy car to drive. I learned on an 01 Cav.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
now im a little scared when i actually get my 08'
Old 05-22-2007, 06:38 PM

My SS/SC is the first stick I've driven. So I have no first hand "data". But my dad and friend were both "Whoa. This thing goes!" When my friend drives (I won't drive in high-traffic areas yet...) he's always worried about spinning the tires, dropping the clutch (which I also do..whoops), or killing it. But he does fine.

And yes, getting the SS/SC wasn't probably the best first car. But it was crazy cheep and hardly used. '06, 4000 miles, came to $12,000 with my trade in.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 PM

I wouldn't be worried about getting your new cobalt. I mean to many (including me) they can be troublesome because they are different. And to some others they have no problems. I think the major problem I had with mine (I've since finally figured out a way to be pretty consistantly smooth) is the delayed throttle response when you push the gas pedal. If you don't know what I mean blip the throttle and watch how long it takes till the rpm's respond. That seemed to be my worst problem. Another thing is that gm is horribly inconsistant and out of the ss/sc's I've driven NONE of them even felt the same
Old 06-04-2007, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by Spyd3rSS
Sorry if im beating a dead horse but is there any reason anyone is tryin to take off at 2k.... im not trying to be a dick but the best way to learn to drive our cars is the way i tought my wife... she had never driven a stick before i took her to an empty parking lot and made her learn to start the car moving without using the gas pedal... it is possible and maybe its just something i learned driving a manual while i was in san francisco on those steep ass hills with red lights.... but its a super easy way to learn clutch control and you dont look like a jackass if your stopped on a hill and have to roll backwards when you take your foot off the brakes... again im not being a dick but anyone whos havin trouble gettin used to the car take an hour out of your day and learn to roll the car without touching the gas pedal... you'll thank yourself and so will your passengers.
yep thats the best way to learn.. wen i first got my cobalt it was first time i ever drove stick and i stalled twice then my dad made me pull on the side and make the car roll without touching the gas then after i did that i was able to control the car alot better because u get a better feel for the clutch
Old 06-04-2007, 02:48 AM
BCM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ I tried that and I've gotten better at starting from a stop, although a couple times I let it out too much and it stalled. I still need to practice a little from a stop, and on my 1-2 shift. This is my 1st stick-shift car, and my only previous experience was moving my brothers focus like 10 feet up.. I can tell just from that his is easier to drive.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by cblt12
lol ya first gear in this car is a pita... if you even try to take off from the light at the same pace as the other cars it sounds like your racing
ya that's so true esp with exhaust, people think i'm racing them all the time, and i'll be going the same pace and they try racing me.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 PM

Time to let it die