2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

for a wideband where would u tap in for power?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for a wideband where would u tap in for power?

if you were trying to get 12v power where would you tap into so you get the right voltage? is there anywhere on the inside on the passengers side the fuse box there i could tap into? any idea's to run it somewhere w/o any headaches?

also i am running it right now off the stock boost gauge and another gauge and i am thinking it is giving me false readings if not maybe my sensor is messed up. i tried un-plugging the other two gauges but it still seemed it was giving odd readings.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i tap'd it into the passenger side fuse box, using the wiper fuse...all my gauges run to that fuse for a switched power source...or u can use the fuel pump fuse in the engine bay, or the ignition fuse in the engine bay
Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 AM

yep x2 ^
Old 07-03-2009, 11:18 AM

3rd^^
you can tap it off any fuse that would normally get power when then the cars on. i would run it off the sunroof or radio fuse on the fuse box that on the passanger side floor in the car, shorter wire to run and plus you wont have to go threw the hassle of getting it threw the damn fire wall except for the sensor wire and once is hard enough, to be able to tape it into the fuse box dont be ricer and take the wires and push them in with the fuse holding it, go to the local auto store and buy the thing you need it called a fuse along, it should run you like 5-7bucks, its like an inline fuse but it looks like a fuse with a wire running of it so you can put it in the fuse slot.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
3rd^^
you can tap it off any fuse that would normally get power when then the cars on. i would run it off the sunroof or radio fuse on the fuse box that on the passanger side floor in the car, shorter wire to run and plus you wont have to go threw the hassle of getting it threw the damn fire wall except for the sensor wire and once is hard enough, to be able to tape it into the fuse box dont be ricer and take the wires and push them in with the fuse holding it, go to the local auto store and buy the thing you need it called a fuse along, it should run you like 5-7bucks, its like an inline fuse but it looks like a fuse with a wire running of it so you can put it in the fuse slot.
i have the fuse holding it :p, dont see why it matters, i made a small slit on the box in the back for the wire to go thru, not noticeable unless u really get in there and look around :p plus there's a cover, whos gunna see it, also i use the fuse peg that always has power, this keeps the fuse from blowing, there is one side that if it draws to much, the fuse blows, i leave that one alone...
Old 07-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OneCOLDBIZL272
3rd^^
i will tap into the one your talking about but prob. do the ricer way and just have the fuse hold it in. that's how i have all my other wires running. lol shame on me
Old 07-03-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I just did mine. I tapped the 15 amp sunroof fuse (there even if you don't have a sunroof) for all 3 of my gauges on this one wire. I used the add a fuse thing below.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:54 AM

its not giving you false readings...you just need to learn how to tune