2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Wierd Sound help please..

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wierd Sound help please..

So the sound started last night and has got a lot worse since then and ive spent a better
half my day searching where its coming from. Its almost sounds like an exhaust leak but
the sound is not there all the time only when its boosting. No CEL's car seems to be
running fine except for the loud annoying noise. Only thing I see is where the dp bolts to
the header it looks a little off. The only thing i can think of is that when the engine torques it pulls slighty away from the header and it makes that noise. Full stock exhaust btw.

Does anyone have a pic off their stock header and dp to at least rule that area out? or have any input to what it may be?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:25 PM

i just had that problem.
i can guarantee you that your flex joint is cracked.
start the car, and put your hand down by the flex joint and see if you can feel any air coming out
Old 07-13-2008, 06:30 PM

What exactly does it sound like? My car has been making wierd noises since I've put on the Megan, but only under boost. I think it might be a leak, and I'm afraid it might be the flex joint too because I moved the DP around quite a bit when I was working on the exhaust =\
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by youngmarinehoyer
i just had that problem.
i can guarantee you that your flex joint is cracked.
start the car, and put your hand down by the flex joint and see if you can feel any air coming out
You are probably right, going to go check right now and take a pic. Thanks

Originally Posted by Silv3r
What exactly does it sound like? My car has been making wierd noises since I've put on the Megan, but only under boost. I think it might be a leak, and I'm afraid it might be the flex joint too because I moved the DP around quite a bit when I was working on the exhaust =\
Sounds just like an exhaust leak under boost very loud and makes the car sound like ****. When just driving normal dont here anything at all. When i sat in my driveway revving it slightly couldnt hear at all either.

Last edited by Blynkz; 07-13-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM

well if it only does it under boost your flex joint might have a very small hole in it, but i would get it replaced as soon as possible because the crack just keeps getting bigger and bigger. and eventually it will sound like crap!
the only problem is that when i got a new flex joint put on, the new flex joint makes a weird sound too. so i wanna get a different one put on.