2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj twincharged

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj twincharged

I was thinking what kind of power would be seen from the ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj with 11:1 compression and a twin charge kit? I believe this would see the cobalt into the low 10's not to mention a 6 speed conversion to launch better. I want to believe this would be at 500 whp or so. I mean the ZZP stroker LSJ is at 360 whp on its own.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:10 AM

the hole idea is a waste for a dd car....500 whp is a waste with a fwd car go v8 rwd and twin turbo
Old 09-09-2009, 05:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i agree with slowbalt. and uhh..the twin charge build is well in to the 400whp range...

they dont crank it up for customer cars
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XTC_916
I was thinking what kind of power would be seen from the ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj with 11:1 compression and a twin charge kit? I believe this would see the cobalt into the low 10's not to mention a 6 speed conversion to launch better. I want to believe this would be at 500 whp or so. I mean the ZZP stroker LSJ is at 360 whp on its own.
Sounds like a bad ass idea, get it done!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan@zzp
Sounds like a bad ass idea, get it done!
It's sort of hard to get done when you guys wouldn't tell an individual how to overcome the obstacles involved with the 2.3L stroker especially when someone had the money in hand for one...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
It's sort of hard to get done when you guys wouldn't tell an individual how to overcome the obstacles involved with the 2.3L stroker especially when someone had the money in hand for one...
Overcome what obstacles, buy an engine from us and it has been overcome.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan@zzp
Overcome what obstacles, buy an engine from us and it has been overcome.
See that is why you guys need to focus on your customer service. I wanted detailed information on it so I could make an educated decision as to what I was about to spend thousands on. I even swore to keep the information priviledged, however I was not provided the info, and thus you guys did not receive my money for one. Some people like to have a say in their build, know exactly what parts are involved, and how they are being used. I'm the sort of person that likes to be well educated on what I am buying instead of just ordering something and dealing with the consequences down the road. I'd rather not turn this into an argument here, but I am stating the facts as I see them.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 AM

It sure does sound like a bad ass idea but the 6 speed conversion alone is around 6000. This will take time.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned

See that is why you guys need to focus on your customer service. I wanted detailed information on it so I could make an educated decision as to what I was about to spend thousands on. I even swore to keep the information priviledged, however I was not provided the info, and thus you guys did not receive my money for one. Some people like to have a say in their build, know exactly what parts are involved, and how they are being used. I'm the sort of person that likes to be well educated on what I am buying instead of just ordering something and dealing with the consequences down the road. I'd rather not turn this into an argument here, but I am stating the facts as I see them.
https://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt...new1.php?id=53
Old 09-09-2009, 11:18 AM

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...dcategory=5615
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 AM

so i'm just curious...when might this stroker become available? coming soon isn't very descriptive, nor does it make it any easier for someone getting ready to embark on a complete engine overhaul that might just wanna look into this as an option
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
That seems like a bad ass motor! And with a pretty good price. If my motor pops due to turbo fun that might just be what im looking for
Old 09-09-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
Thank you for the link, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered if you look into the details of a motor build. Also, I asked for the information before that was released.

As for a 6 speed swap you are looking around $5000-$6000K for it. $3900 only covers the gearset. Then you have the replacement parts needed which is another $650. Then you have to ship the tranny to AutoTech (U.S. Quaife Dealer) or take it to a local tranny shop and have the set installed. The labor and shipping there is going to be expensive as hell as well.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:44 AM

Thank you for the link, but it still leaves a lot of questions unanswered if you look into the details of a motor build. Also, I asked for the information before that was released.

As for a 6 speed swap you are looking around $5000-$6000K for it. $3900 only covers the gearset. Then you have the replacement parts needed which is another $650. Then you have to ship the tranny to AutoTech (U.S. Quaife Dealer) or take it to a local tranny shop and have the set installed. The labor and shipping there is going to be expensive as hell as well.
I'm with you....a little more information is needed if myself, or anyone else for that matter wanted to buy this as an upgrade. Currently i'm planning on beefing up an lsj block to hold around 500whp, but if this will do the same thing, then I might look into it as another option besides tearing apart and rebuilding my own
Old 09-09-2009, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ~Mike~
I'm with you....a little more information is needed if myself, or anyone else for that matter wanted to buy this as an upgrade. Currently i'm planning on beefing up an lsj block to hold around 500whp, but if this will do the same thing, then I might look into it as another option besides tearing apart and rebuilding my own
You sir will have a PM in a moment.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:52 AM

You sir will have a PM in a moment.
oh, ok lol awaiting pm.....
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Generally speaking, ZZPerformance sells reputation and results, not specs. This is different than a lot of companies.

But to give an example. How many people here have high HP builds they've done reliably? How many stage whatever turbo kits have decent track times? How many custom engine builds have blown up? If you're honest about the answers to these questions, it's easy to see where our strategy will get us sales. We've used it before and it works well for us. The most common thing you'll see in a forum modifying cars is disappointment. Disappointment in a build that failed, cars that aren't running fast track times or dynoing high. Eventually people get tired of this and see patterns of who fails, who's fast and what parts they are running.

On the stroker, it's not released yet. When it is, only specs we feel are important to discuss will be released. Same goes for our cams. Now if there were competition producing a similar product with good results then we would detail specifics of why we felt ours is the better choice and let the customer decide. Right now that isn't the case. It's a choice of buy our proven product or do nothing or try something on your own which has resulted in 100% poor results when compared to what ZZP powered cars are doing.

Last edited by Zooomer; 09-09-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
Generally speaking, ZZPerformance sells reputation and results, not specs. This is different than a lot of companies.

But to give an example. How many people here have high HP builds they've done reliably? How many stage whatever turbo kits have decent track times? How many custom engine builds have blown up? If you're honest about the answers to these questions, it's easy to see where our strategy will get us sales. We've used it before and it works well for us. The most common thing you'll see in a forum modifying cars is disappointment. Disappointment in a build that failed, cars that aren't running fast track times or dynoing high. Eventually people get tired of this and see patterns of who fails, who's fast and what parts they are running.

On the stroker, it's not release yet. When it is, only specs we feel are important to discuss will be released. Same goes for our cams. Now if there were competition producing a similar product with good results then we would detail specifics of why we felt ours is the better choice and let the customer decide. Right now that isn't the case. It's buy our proven product or do nothing or try something on your own which has resulted in 100% poor results when compared to what ZZP powered cars are doing.

I have 23,000 since my build, custom HAHN level 5 turbo kit put down 370@19psi running 22psi daily now with meth, fist track pass ever was a 13.1 @ 114mph with no traction...

I'd say im doing all right... (i did every single thing my self) There are some of us out here we dont all FAIL total miles on engine are 34,000 mods are, ARP, COMETIC, DIAMOND, SUPERTECH 78'S.... VERY VERY RELIABLE I DRIVE 300MI EVERY WEEKEND... + 100MI DURING THE WEEK.

just an example, looking at it from my point of view...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 09-09-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM

ZZP's customer relations are so off base. this is why people dont like you but yet deal with you.

you're like the 2 year old kid that people just want to beat the **** out of but dont and love them because they are cute.

no one actually enjoys the way you talk to people. they just enjoy the products you make.

/end
Old 09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
so zzp's custom crank isn't going to follow the 3800 worlds massive failure?
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM

See, is it a custom crank or just a 2.4L one with a special flywheel/reluctor ring setup? Just a simple question without an answer that could have made a world of difference.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
I have 23,000 since my build, custom HAHN level 5 turbo kit put down 370@19psi running 22psi daily now with meth, fist track pass ever was a 13.1 @ 114mph with no traction...

I'd say im doing all right... (i did every single thing my self) There are some of us out here we dont all FAIL total miles on engine are 34,000 mods are, ARP, COMETIC, DIAMOND, SUPERTECH 78'S.... VERY VERY RELIABLE I DRIVE 300MI EVERY WEEKEND... + 100MI DURING THE WEEK.

just an example, looking at it from my point of view...
In your case, you seem to be a happy customer with a reliable build making good HP and running decent track times.

I wouldn't compete with this by saying anything bad about your setup as there doesn't seem to be anything bad.

If I was asked about someone wanting to do your same build vs. something that ZZP would put together, I would point out the benefits of going with ZZP.

1. Our twin charged or stroker engine with M62 is less money than the Hahn stage 5.
2. Cars running our turbo kits, twin charged kits and stroker kits are running much faster than 13.1
3. The twin charge kit makes double the HP at low rpm as the hahn stage 5.

And from there the customer can decide if he wants to spend more money with hahn than ZZP based on what he feels he'll get. Or if he wants to spend his money with ZZP based on what he feels he will get.

Originally Posted by Area47
so zzp's custom crank isn't going to follow the 3800 worlds massive failure?
In the 3800 market ZZP is the only one selling engines and our non-spec listed came is the most popular by far for serious builds. Intense had some problems with their engines and the come racing crank was never brought to market in the states.

See that is why you guys need to focus on your customer service. I wanted detailed information on it so I could make an educated decision as to what I was about to spend thousands on. I even swore to keep the information priviledged, however I was not provided the info, and thus you guys did not receive my money for one.
ZZP is one of the most successful companies of it's type. We are #1 in our primary market and outsell every other vendor combined. I believe our strategy works well and I am not considering changing it. Believe it or not, there is some business we are ok with not having. If customers never fail or have a chance to see how other company's builds compare with ours, we cannot shine. So inevitably we need a customer base that mods, fails and regrets not going ZZP. See the post about the guy who tried to go RWD and is facing losing everything he owns. Without builds like that, customers cannot appreciate their ZZP experience.

-I also realize this type of info is offensive and rude to some. However, just as many appreciate a no bullshit honest response to how we operate. Many people like to be lied to. It makes them feel good to be promised unrealistic things. For them, they'll have to do business elsewhere.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
i have seen numerous zzp cranks snap. potential customers need to be aware of the risk at hand when venturing outside of the box so to speak.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:16 PM

interesting
Old 09-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Area47
i have seen numerous zzp cranks snap. potential customers need to be aware of the risk at hand when venturing outside of the box so to speak.
LOL. Whatever dude. We had one customer with a crank snap. Nice try at a jab at ZZP. You still running the car with 20psi at 2k rpm with a stock clutch that holds, dyno'ing the highest TVS #'s on the forums and running mid 13's with a secret tune?

Quick Reply: ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj twincharged