2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj twincharged

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 04:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
See engine parts are built for HP tolerance not whether it will run 11's. This is the reason why knowing the crank will withstand 750hp, the rods will withstand XXXhp, and the pistons will withstand XXXhp is vital to an engine build and to the person that owns it. Nevermind getting into the extra factors that make or break engine builds as well.
forget it lol
Old 09-10-2009, 05:20 AM

for the first time ever i have read a whole thread on css.net that was more than 1 page it was fun.........
:note to self when starting an arguement make sure your gun is bigger than the other guys:
most businesses fail with-in the first year because of poor marketing. zzp has been here for how long?
they must be doing something right somewhere.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 AM

I agree with 2k5SS/SC. I've been down the road not knowing what I've bought......motor wise and got F'd for it. However If I were serious about buying a motor from ZZP I would do it over the phone, not on this site, I understand your overseas and in the military and can only make a certain amount of 15min calls, so that is not possible but I would also use a little bit of common sense here and understand they want to have a quality product that won't get ripped off. My 2 cents...
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Banned

Old 09-10-2009, 10:51 AM

I mean... is it really a secret to know if they put in diamond pistons or what ever...? what valve springs, did they upgrade the valves?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
What parts do you use to achieve the 2.3 stroke?
I know your confused its ok dark ass.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ecotecturbo
I know your confused its ok dark ass.
YYou seem to like boys . I didn't mean the sentence that way. What part are they using in the 2.3 stroker motor
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 AM

^^ I got what you were trying to say... But appearantly Matt didnt...

All it took was a little common sense to figure out what u were trying to say, but hed much rather just point out you used the wrong wording and act like a ******* about it.

Originally Posted by Matt M
I'm not sure what you mean by 2.3 stroke. The stroke is 3.9". This is listed in the link posted on page 1. "Displacement is increased to 2.3 liters by changing out the crankshaft. Stroke is increased from 3.4 to 3.9 inches"
Seriously? You really couldnt figure out that there is just an "r" missing off of the word?

Last edited by ShortStack; 09-10-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Darkmanx
YYou seem to like boys . I didn't mean the sentence that way. What part are they using in the 2.3 stroker motor
A dick.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:29 AM

A big one... one from a horse..
Old 09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShortStack
^^ I got what you were trying to say... But appearantly Matt didnt...

All it took was a little common sense to figure out what u were trying to say, but hed much rather just point out you used the wrong wording and act like a ******* about it.

Seriously? You really couldnt figure out that there is just an "r" missing off of the word?
I figured it out just fine and answered the question. The funny thing is that neither of you are ever going to buy this motor. Both of you are merely in this thread in attempt to cast doubt on others who may actually purchase a motor from us. When someone is in here only looking for trouble, of course I will pick apart their posts. You should understand this.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:40 AM

^^ no no.. thats it not what im in here for... and no.. the question was not answered...

In this thread, i havent said anything about your motor to derail potential buys.. If you can find a post of mine where i had done such thing, please show me..

Trust me, Id be more than happy to spend over 3k on something just for the hell of it.... refer to my hahn level 5 kit... But id want to know what components are in it... Im not just gonna buy a motor because you said its a 2.3L and its used in a car that runs 11s...
Old 09-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Banned

im so furious i called the coke company and they wouldn't tell me their recipe....

just about all the info without giving away the exact goddamn specifications can be found in the link that i posted. they obviously did springs pistons etc the ****** thing is reving past 8.5k where is the comprehension hindrance people?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:49 AM

its obvious you ass that they changed all that.. but what parts? Can you tell me what pistons they are using? What if they arent using diamond pistons..? How about head studs? Arp or Eagle? Can you tell me that? Can you tell me what rate valve springs they are using? Upgraded valves?

Those are not in the link you posted.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
On the stroker, it's not released yet. When it is, only specs we feel are important to discuss will be released. Same goes for our cams. Now if there were competition producing a similar product with good results then we would detail specifics of why we felt ours is the better choice and let the customer decide. Right now that isn't the case. It's a choice of buy our proven product or do nothing or try something on your own which has resulted in 100% poor results when compared to what ZZP powered cars are doing.
they never said they werent giving any info out, just not their secrets.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
I figured it out just fine and answered the question. The funny thing is that neither of you are ever going to buy this motor. Both of you are merely in this thread in attempt to cast doubt on others who may actually purchase a motor from us. When someone is in here only looking for trouble, of course I will pick apart their posts. You should understand this.
Como? You don't need my help to not sell parts. I didn't say anything about your motor I'm just curious what's in it. And If a company was so determined to steal your parts list all they had to do was buy a damn engine and look at the components. Vendors don't copy parts over the e-web
Old 09-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
screw giving out popcorn, im going to eat it all myself, butter please
Old 09-10-2009, 12:53 PM

subd
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

its obvious you ass that they changed all that.. but what parts? Can you tell me what pistons they are using? What if they arent using diamond pistons..? How about head studs? Arp or Eagle? Can you tell me that? Can you tell me what rate valve springs they are using? Upgraded valves?

Those are not in the link you posted.
not being an ass that was towards everyone not you.
forged pistons..2 choices there..
headstuds...2 choices there..
valve springs..1 or 2 choice(s) there?..
upgraded valves? why? stock are just as good as anything else available currently.

its still in production not for sale...
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM

I would love to continue in this conversation, but I forsee it going no where. I guess there will always be people that buy random **** without knowing what they are really getting into, and those of us that want to know exactly what is going on under the hood. Best of luck to both parties here, peace I'm out!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by daythecountrydied21
not being an ass that was towards everyone not you.
forged pistons..2 choices there..

- nope, anyone can make you a custom set
headstuds...2 choices there..
valve springs..1 or 2 choice(s) there?..

- more than that different manufacturers, spring rates etc

upgraded valves? why? stock are just as good as anything else available currently.

depending on how far you want to go power wise, you would need to run a larger valve, and I would upgrade the type (like stainless intake/ iconel exhaust)

its still in production not for sale...
ADDED my 2 pennies
Old 09-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
ADDED my 2 pennies
yeah you're right anyone can make custom **** if you have the $$ i'm just going off of the "basic standards" available and used.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Valve spring rates can differ.. its not about all who makes them.. But even so, some people will only use certain brands...

And yes.. two choices means alot... Lets say your getting a new head gasket... we all know the cometic one is the "upgrade" from the stock one... yet there are some who will argue that they would not use the cometic because they arent up to par to some peoples standards.....

Some people wouldnt want to have Arp head studs, cause they swear by the Eagle ones... So some people would like to know atleast who is making the parts they are putting in the engine.. cause yes, it does matter...

Maybe youd buy something for 3k without knowing who makes the parts inside.. i sure as hell wont.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trust me, Id be more than happy to spend over 3k on something just for the hell of it.... refer to my hahn level 5 kit... But id want to know what components are in it... Im not just gonna buy a motor because you said its a 2.3L and its used in a car that runs 11s...
1. Believe it or not short stack, we do not want to sell you our engine and would not if you asked to buy one. You'd have to lie about who you were.

ZZP has, on more than one occasion, denied a sale to a customer. We aren't here to move as much as we can to everyone we can. We are a premium vendor selling parts that other people cannot make, do not understand and cannot duplicate. We know that our stuff is valuable and in time nearly all customers realize this.

2. The product is not released yet. Of course we cannot give out detailed specs on a part that doesn't exist yet. We don't know what version of the engine will go retail. If we did we'd be taking deposits or money for it. It's stupid to knock this when it isn't released. You guys have been doing this over and over and over with ZZP parts and everytime the doubters are made to look stupid as we do what we said and they have to eat crow. I don't expect this to be any different.

3. ZZP is doing things that others are not. Clearly there is some form of jealousy going on with the haters. I suggest this. Quit bashing ZZP and talking about how we're going out of business and we suck. Just prove it. Go make your own 2.3 or 2.4 or 2.6 liter Ecotec motor and sell it. Kick our ass. Price it lower, make it with better components, make it have more HP than ours and kick butt. It's America. Then release all YOUR specs. Go on. We all know you can do it since there is nothing special about ZZP right? All our parts are sub-par and we aren't doing anything that anyone else can't do. So just go do this stuff on your own and come back and shut us down.

4. People will buy this engine no matter what is said on the boards. Eventually smart people will research ZZP, ask us questions directly, and buy the engine. Same thing happened with the twin charge kits everybody ripped on. Now we sell them all the time and some of the same people in this thread were proven wrong. Should I dig up the countless posts of shortstacks that were rubbish?

Sure, basher may stop some people from buying the engine but eventually people are going to get tired of being slow or failing. When you buy a crapload of mods and can't hit 300WHP and then Tim does nearly 370WHP, it makes you feel shitty. Frustrated. In that, our sales will come. And while everyone here thinks they know how to run my company better than me, let me remind you. You don't or you would be.

Last edited by Zooomer; 09-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM

for some reason, you take everything as bashing...

Im sure if you would have said "we are not sure what is going to be in the finished product" instead of saying "well just buy one and find out"... alot of confusion would have been stopped...

Im not asking you to tell me how you displaced the engine larger... the basis of the question was to know what pistons you could be using, what valve springs.. im not asking you to tell me your little black book secrets.

Please show me one post where i have "knocked" the engine... all i wanted to know (along with a few others) was what components are going to be used... If you dont know yet, thats all you have to say...

Im not sure why you decide to take every post of mine as a bash.. seriously...

Its funny how in number 4, you say ". Eventually smart people will research ZZP, ask us questions direction, and buy the engine."

We are trying to reasearch the engine, and we are asking you questions... but instead of saying "we arent sure yet"... you beat around the bush about something you just said you arent even sure about yet...

Last edited by ShortStack; 09-10-2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: ZZP 2.3 stroker lsj twincharged