2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP all out m62 build What do you think it is capable of?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck zzp. i hope it makes 350whp. im guessing it makes 275. just cause no meth and reg gas.

hope they prove me wrong
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
why couldn't you let someone else have the designation of having the highest whp lsj? you had to call bullshit when there was no need to call bullshit, and there were even dyno sheets.
This is exactly what we are talking about. You say, "and there were even dyno sheets." Somehow you ignore the fact that the dyno sheet provided showed over 60whp less than what was being claimed. This is the type of thing we are trying to get away from. We don't want this forum to be a place where everyone simply posts huge claims rather than actually backing up what they say. Forums like that end up useless aside from the occasional entertainment associated with drama that often comes about.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 AM

Keep up the good work zzp
Old 08-12-2009, 11:24 AM

I would love to see the outcome of this build.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
Okay, couple of questions first, what exactly comes with the ZZP spec shortblock, what is the flow numbers of the ZZP head, and what are the specs on the ZZP cams?

If done correctly, you should be able to get well over 300whp/300wtq. How far depends on the flow of the head and the cams.
can I get an answer?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tennpenn83
blah blah blah look at you, you're still an ass

why couldn't you let someone else have the designation of having the highest whp lsj? you had to call bullshit when there was no need to call bullshit, and there were even dyno sheets.

now i believe in giving credit where credit is due, and i respect the work that you guys have put into the cobalt community, don't get me wrong. you have some great parts available and have made incredible progress on the dyno and the track. but with the high-and-mighty attitude, and especially if you can't give credit where it's due, i believe i speak for a good part of the community when i say... go f*ck yourself. keep on creating that stellar image you are so good at showing. my money goes elsewhere
Dude not again. Can we please have at least one zzp thread that is actually about the build? We get it. Can we move on now? I'm here for the build info.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say meh maybe 320 whp or so ported head + cams and a bumped redline helps out alot
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM

My build is similar, all out on the m62. TVS is just too much money for not much gain. And it also seems to just not produce as much tq.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM

can I get an answer?
I second this one. More specifically specs on the cams for me.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 PM

tvs is a great mod and it makes plenty of tq. sorry should have pmd that one
Old 08-12-2009, 12:14 PM

Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM

Old 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
It's funny how you just keep "remembering" higher and higher numbers as we surpass them. Regardless of how much power the TA car made, it did not have the stock blower on it. We're running a standard M62.

Oh, and I forgot to add. The TA Cobalt was on nitrous.
i was being nice. however, i guess YOU don't want to play that game.
it did 400whp on the bottle. OH i didn't add that because it didn't apply.

fwiw
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.

it is called a comparison. you want numbers to chase. you got some.

p.s. i am not remembering anything. 335whp on a certified dyno. very similar build to what you're trying to do.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
I second this one. More specifically specs on the cams for me.
Because no one seems to have made any decent gains with cams we may not release the specs on ours. Call it vendor secret. Of course if things don't work, we'll report what we used so the community can learn. We can add to the list that Area47 put together showing only a 5HP gain. If things do work and we can release specs while keeping our edge and ability to sell the cams, we'll do that. This isn't our first attempt on running cams but Tim's using a bunch of one off parts and ideas we came up with jotting theories on paper and running around the shop like a bunch of nerds. After Ryan, Matt, Scott, Tim, myself, Todd, Brandon, and Shawn hashed it all out and agreed on the ideas everyone went to work. Comp had a hard time getting us what we wanted in the cams and that took months. Tim bought this car over 6 months ago to give you an idea of how much work he's put into restoring it.

Originally Posted by Area47
i was being nice. however, i guess YOU don't want to play that game.
it did 400whp on the bottle. OH i didn't add that because it didn't apply.

fwiw
FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.

it is called a comparison. you want numbers to chase. you got some.

p.s. i am not remembering anything. 335whp on a certified dyno. very similar build to what you're trying to do.
Got a link to the info? No offense but I'd like to read about the build rather than take your word for it. Not that it matters much because as Matt pointed out, it was not running a stock blower so chasing their numbers wouldn't make sense.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Jn2

look forward to seeing #'s, people can hate on you personally but they have to love the #'s the work you do puts down, i personally dont see why there is so much drama in everything ZZP related, but im waiting to see #'s and info on the water pump, and wether its compadable with the 2.2
Old 08-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by Zooomer

Got a link to the info? No offense but I'd like to read about the build rather than take your word for it. Not that it matters much because as Matt pointed out, it was not running a stock blower so chasing their numbers wouldn't make sense.
gm build book. what link is needed?

i am not running a stock blower and yet you guys are trying to chase my numbers.

i am being nice about this. set the sarcasm aside
Old 08-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Supporting Vendor

gm build book. what link is needed?

i am not running a stock blower and yet you guys are trying to chase my numbers.

i am being nice about this. set the sarcasm aside
You're considered to be good at LSJs and tuning, so by taking you down with a handicap it will show our tallent and abilities are unmatched. You should be flattered.

I would like a link to the HP numbers you're saying we need to go after. 335 I think you said. IDK, the # keeps changing. I just want proof of what you're saying someone else did.

You are just way too elusive with your posts on purpose so that you can always go back and change the numbers or claim that super secret tune #7 was never released to the public, blah blah. Anyone watching your posting style probably knows what I'm referring to...
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Dyno numbers mean nadda
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM

I thought GM only put down like 260whp off spray, and over 300whp on the spray. I don't think I've ever seen mention of a m62 or similar blower (H62) posting up 330+whp numbers. Only person I know of that has put down a decent number well north of 300whp is ZZP on ryan's balt. Too bad he has a ss/tc final drive and the tq isn't higher.

BTW, that's fine if you don't want to release the specs on the cams, but what about the block and the head flow nubmers? Can you give any info on that stuff? Bore? Stroke? Head flow?

Last edited by ralliartist; 08-12-2009 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by Zooomer
You're considered to be good at LSJs and tuning, so by taking you down with a handicap it will show our tallent and abilities are unmatched. You should be flattered.

I would like a link to the HP numbers you're saying we need to go after. 335 I think you said. IDK, the # keeps changing. I just want proof of what you're saying someone else did.

You are just way too elusive with your posts on purpose so that you can always go back and change the numbers or claim that super secret tune #7 was never released to the public, blah blah. Anyone watching your posting style probably knows what I'm referring to...

you will need a larger blower than an m62 to take me down in the whp race. the number didn't change on the TA car. if you wanted proof of it, id say call up the people who built it. however, that phone call will end quick.

i am elusive for a reason, going back and editing is not the cause. i keep certain things secret to keep people on their toes. push them harder to try and figure out what i did. not for personal gain really.

I thought GM only put down like 260whp off spray, and over 300whp on the spray. I don't think I've ever seen mention of a m62 or similar blower (H62) posting up 330+whp numbers. Only person I know of that has put down a decent number well north of 300whp is ZZP on ryan's balt. Too bad he has a ss/tc final drive and the tq isn't higher.

BTW, that's fine if you don't want to release the specs on the cams, but what about the block and the head flow nubmers? Can you give any info on that stuff? Bore? Stroke? Head flow?
you pissed off the people who know the facts behind that build. go read the build book again and then ask yourself if it is truely 260whp.

Last edited by Area47; 08-12-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM

you pissed off the people who know the facts behind that build. go read the build book again and then ask yourself if it is truely 260whp.
He still beating that dead horse? I can only apologize so many times. Never was a reason to get all pissy in the first place really. Sorry I don't bow down to some of you sarcastic S.O.B's. That's just not my style.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Rent me! per hour

no. the other people on the powertrain side.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Supporting Vendor

you will need a larger blower than an m62 to take me down in the whp race. the number didn't change on the TA car. if you wanted proof of it, id say call up the people who built it. however, that phone call will end quick.
We will need a big block to take down your HP numbers because they don't exist in concrete form. Any number you post, you claim that it's not your best # therefore making it impossible for anyone to beat you. It's just a dumb game with you. We run a number then you claim that you or someone else did better but you won't say who because it's a secret. You've change HP numbers and builds on this kind of stuff like a dozen times. It's stupid. Just post what you did and man up if someone beats it. It's not hard.

I'm not going to chase people I don't know around and ask them if the fake numbers Area47 is claiming their car did is accurate. You made the claim, the burden of proof lies on the affirmative side of a claim. Otherwise I could claim we made 1000WHP and then when you asked for proof just retort with "prove we didnt" This doesn't serve any purpose but ego stroking and only works on children.

I have a GM build book and found nothing about your claims in it. If you have proof of a dyno or HP # then post it. If you don't then STFU and let the people who have real numbers talk about them.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 PM

when will the dyno take place?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM

Area it isn't worth arguing with him. Let him think he won......He really is not worth your time.

Paul's thread explained it all

Last edited by victoryss; 08-12-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: ZZP all out m62 build What do you think it is capable of?