2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP Did What?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 AM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a dream about this 900hp car .. LOL
Needless to say I was frightened.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by newt
You guys at ZZP seem to have some sort of God complex, where you expect people to instatantly trust everything you do just because you are ZZP, that might be ok for some people, but I learned along time ago that getting 100% of the facts is much more important than blindly putting trust in someone.

I wish other people would open their eyes and realize this too.
been my only issue from day one with them.

but other than that, they do seem to produce.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
they are the only company producing anything for our platform and backing up what they say about their parts i would say the main reason people want to know who makes the parts is to do and end run and try to get them cheaper
Old 04-08-2011, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
they are the only company producing anything for our platform and backing up what they say about their parts i would say the main reason people want to know who makes the parts is to do and end run and try to get them cheaper
^ truth. zzp really is like a god company. without them this platform would be just plain **** and without them i would have never of bought my car. they are really trying to put our platform on the map and with things like this are getting closer everyday. whenever i tell my friends that a cobalt ss 2.0 made 898 whp with just a girdle, rods, pistons and head studs, it blows their mind and they think more highly of my own car. thank you zzp for everything.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NO part has a 100% perfect track record. Just because you know two guys on a forum with thousands of members that had issues, doesn't make it a issue of any kind. Tires fail all the time, you dont hear people saying OMG BFGoodrich, you make horrible tires!

I will say Zoomer does not come off very customer friendly, but when Ryan flies to MD to help install a customers turbo kit, that really says something about the company. Shelling out their own money for free tech and labor? Can you honestly say you've ever seen a shop of ZZP's caliber do that?

I will admit i've done my share of trash talk to ZZP, simply because they have had a "mightier than thou" attitude, but that has been changing lately, and they are the ONLY shop backing up their work with numbers.

I'm incredibly impressed, and love telling my buddies on other platforms what ZZP has accomplished. This kind of thing will help put the Cobalt on the map.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:20 PM

who did ryan fly out to help? Thats incredible customer service if he did that
Old 04-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by kxrida2000
danew he flew out to maryland and helped him and a few other guys with the install. He bought the full 252et kit
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
NO part has a 100% perfect track record. Just because you know two guys on a forum with thousands of members that had issues, doesn't make it a issue of any kind. Tires fail all the time, you dont hear people saying OMG BFGoodrich, you make horrible tires!

I will say Zoomer does not come off very customer friendly, but when Ryan flies to MD to help install a customers turbo kit, that really says something about the company. Shelling out their own money for free tech and labor? Can you honestly say you've ever seen a shop of ZZP's caliber do that?

I will admit i've done my share of trash talk to ZZP, simply because they have had a "mightier than thou" attitude, but that has been changing lately, and they are the ONLY shop backing up their work with numbers.

I'm incredibly impressed, and love telling my buddies on other platforms what ZZP has accomplished. This kind of thing will help put the Cobalt on the map.
that explains zzp in 6 words
Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm too JDM for you

danew(Deathscythe). i flew up and several other members came out to chill/help as well. hell of a weekend
Old 04-08-2011, 05:06 PM

damn i woulda drove down if i knew all this was going on haha
Old 04-08-2011, 05:34 PM

Hahaha did my post really get deleted??"

I guess someone doesn't like me voicing my opinion (when it shows ZZP in a bad light).

That's too bad, I was really hoping to hear some feedback from ZZP on some if my points in that post.

Typical forum politics tho I guess, tho shall not challange the main vendors.

I am disappointed in CobaltSS.net tho, tisk tisk.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

yea boy you realy let them have it you showed them who the man isent
Old 04-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess someone doesn't like me voicing my opinion (when it shows ZZP in a bad light).

That's too bad, I was really hoping to hear some feedback from ZZP on some if my points in that post.

Your sig (much like mine) advertises a mid 13 second pass.

They advertise records, enough said.

You have a problem? Take it off forum. Parts fail, period, from OEM to the best of the best in the aftermarket. Unless you can show evidence of a concerning failure rate, or prove a flaw, who cares. Keep your bitchin where it belongs. That is not here if you still don't get it.

That is all.

Excellent work ZZP! I need to drive over and check this beast out sometime
Old 04-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're casting doubt on a rod and asking questions about whether it's reputable. I think ZZP has proven beyond a shadow of doubt we're reputable, capable and delivering things no one else is doing. Just because you've decided you have a problem with anything our name is attached to doesn't mean you can talk smack in threads like this. Ryan makes 900WHP with ZZP stuff and you're in here questioning the parts? Seriously?
Old 04-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Zooomer
You're casting doubt on a rod and asking questions about whether it's reputable. I think ZZP has proven beyond a shadow of doubt we're reputable, capable and delivering things no one else is doing. Just because you've decided you have a problem with anything our name is attached to doesn't mean you can talk smack in threads like this. Ryan makes 900WHP with ZZP stuff and you're in here questioning the parts? Seriously?
not to mention all the zzp stuff held up with 60 or more pulls wich is harder on your car then 60 pulls on the street if i dident have a brand new set of stock rods setting here id buy zzp rods
Old 04-08-2011, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
not to mention all the zzp stuff held up with 60 or more pulls wich is harder on your car then 60 pulls on the street if i dident have a brand new set of stock rods setting here id buy zzp rods
not bashing but why would u buy stock rods? if they were from gm they had to be just as expensive as aftermarket i would think.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

not bashing but why would u buy stock rods? if they were from gm they had to be just as expensive as aftermarket i would think.
no they were cheaper then i thought they were gonna be so i ordered them several months ago
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 PM

gotcha gotcha
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
You guys at ZZP seem to have some sort of God complex, where you expect people to instatantly trust everything you do just because you are ZZP, that might be ok for some people, but I learned along time ago that getting 100% of the facts is much more important than blindly putting trust in someone.

I wish other people would open their eyes and realize this too.
It might appear that way to you, but it's no different than what I see from you. You believe that you can get in thread after thread and create your own truth based on very limited knowledge or experience with our parts. You basically demand that people see it your way. The difference is that you don't have much to back up your statements. When we make bold statements, we spend hours, days, or even weeks putting together a project to back up our claims. Yes, we sometimes act a little high and mighty, but it's not out of nowhere. We don't get in someones 400hp dyno thread talking **** because we made more. We respect what they have done and offer to help out if they want to go further. However, when someone like yourself takes the first shot, we don't back down and let it slide. It's just not our style.

You mention that you need 100% of the facts or you won't buy from us, but you never approached us looking for advice or wanting to discuss a build. You have had a "better than ZZP" attitude for a while now. People that don't have that attitude get the facts from us every day. In the end, they are typically the fastest guys around. Basically, you need to make a choice. Either you are with ZZP, or you're not. Your two-sided/on-the-fence approach typically doesn't work out for anyone.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

go join projectscarab in the NOBODY GIVES A FLYING **** bin
Old 04-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
been my only issue from day one with them.

but other than that, they do seem to produce.
In your case, Paul- you didn't welcome us into the community. You doubted everything we did and said, and you expressed this vocally. I'm not sure how you would have expected us to act any differently than we did towards you. In the end, I feel that you recognized our abilities and backed off. Since then, we have been getting along just fine.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Matt M
In the end, I feel that you recognized our abilities and backed off. Since then, we have been getting along just fine.
about the same with me
Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM

subd
Old 04-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Holy crap fan...what the heck did I stumble into lol...so much hate and discontent on here and all I wanted to know what a lil about setting up an ecu tune via zzp. I would like some input on having zzp dyno and tune my ecu or if I'll get just as good a result by buying their ecu from the website and returning them the core. Since I can't get anyone to answer the phone at zzp, I've been trying for a couple weeks now, I thought I'd look for some advice here. Currently I have the gm stage 2 upgrade, catback and honed exhaust manifold along with the K&N Typhoon cai on the engine. So my concern is that the zzp preprogramed ecu wouldn't maximize the output as much as having them dyno it specifically. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Banned

cool story bro
of course a canned tune isn't going to maximize output, and going to them for a dyno tune would be better.

Quick Reply: ZZP Did What?