2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

ZZP stage 3 or Ottp Stage 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and here we go again...
Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh@ottp
And 2 of your heat exchangers are chinese as is you lnf intercooler. Your 2 chinese heat exchangers use the wrong core, we used to use the same core but we learned and got our customers the correct core. There is no cooling data directly comparing our stage 1 to your stage 3 so at this moment they are equal, all I can definitively say is that our stage 2 heat exchanger (griffin) is the best HE on the market. So if customers want the best HE they have to go to OTT.
First you claim we have no comparison for our S1 vs. S3 and say that makes them equal. Then you claim that your griffin copy is the best but fail to post any numbers. By your standards that makes it equal to your China HE. Just sayin.

Furthermore your premium HE is twice the cost of our S3 and requires removal of the OEM HE. Our S3 is combined with the factory HE to provide better performance than any unit can by itself, including your best offering.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...y-pics-203804/
Old 02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Our griffin is twice the size of the stock one. Our stage 1 is slightly bigger than your stage 3.

Last edited by Josh@ottp; 02-07-2011 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor

Also your thread is out dated, we no longer use a bar and plate core in any of our heat exchanger models.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO if your going to get an after market tune anyways then make your own KIT buy some injectors, pulley, and H/E maybe some meth and then tune
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

Our griffin is twice the size of the stock one. Our stage 1 is bigger than your stage 3.
WHich is what you said about your gen 2 HE, then your Gen 3 and now your Gen 4. Each time we bought one of yours, disected it and posted comparisons. You then changed the model. Frankly we're just tired of doing research the manufactures should be doing. When we did the last compare the thread got locked. So it becomes pointless.

The fact remains the all of the highest HP and fastest Ecotecs in this market are running ZZP parts. LSJ, LNF, 2.4, turbo, supercharged...

And the best part is that when you order from ZZP, your parts ship right away.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:19 PM

I have yet to install the ZZP stg3 kit, ZZP LTH catless DP, but as for shipping and customer service so far I would lean towards ZZP honestly. I have dealt with both companies e-mailing, questions and ordering and the representatives at ZZP made sure I had the information I was seeking, the parts I ordered in a timely fashion and are willing to work with the customer(pricing, best set ups etc.) I did not experience this from OTTP AT ALL. I actually had to hound OTTP for my mounts. I ordered Stg 2 mounts from OTTP on Black Friday of 2010 and I just recently received them....pretty lousy if you ask me.

Btw this isn't just me tagging along with ZZP because I bought a majority of parts from them versus OTTP. I will make a decision about the parts once I install it all and have ZZP dyno tune the car. With that being said please let the "flaming" begin because I know there will be that 1 immature person on here to say something I'd expect to hear from a 12 year old.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Murdered SS
sweet **** guys thanks for the input. What sucks here in vegas i dont know where to go for a custom tune or to get tuned in general.
Shelby American in vegas is now doing custom tuning and mods for all models now not just ford maybe look that up!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 1fastSSBalt
I have yet to install the ZZP stg3 kit, ZZP LTH catless DP, but as for shipping and customer service so far I would lean towards ZZP honestly. I have dealt with both companies e-mailing, questions and ordering and the representatives at ZZP made sure I had the information I was seeking, the parts I ordered in a timely fashion and are willing to work with the customer(pricing, best set ups etc.) I did not experience this from OTTP AT ALL. I actually had to hound OTTP for my mounts. I ordered Stg 2 mounts from OTTP on Black Friday of 2010 and I just recently received them....pretty lousy if you ask me.

Btw this isn't just me tagging along with ZZP because I bought a majority of parts from them versus OTTP. I will make a decision about the parts once I install it all and have ZZP dyno tune the car. With that being said please let the "flaming" begin because I know there will be that 1 immature person on here to say something I'd expect to hear from a 12 year old.
Matt,

When you ordered on black friday the listing said that we only had "x" amount of rear mounts and that the orders made after they were gone wouldn't ship for 3 weeks. You obviously didn't see this because right away on cyber monday you became an angry customer and starting posting how zzp was better and that you should have went to zzp. The label for your mounts was printed on december 19th (a sunday that I worked) and they left on monday and you had them before christmas (on tues the 21st, hardly recently recieved) which is what I told everyone they would have. So here are the facts, I gave you the info you needed, you chose to ignore it. I also shipped the mounts when I said I would and I answered your pm's and emails. So what did I really do wrong here?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:08 PM

Matt,

When you ordered on black friday the listing said that we only had "x" amount of rear mounts and that the orders made after they were gone wouldn't ship for 3 weeks. You obviously didn't see this because right away on cyber monday you became an angry customer and starting posting how zzp was better and that you should have went to zzp. The label for your mounts was printed on december 19th (a sunday that I worked) and they left on monday and you had them before christmas (on tues the 21st, hardly recently recieved) which is what I told everyone they would have. So here are the facts, I gave you the info you needed, you chose to ignore it. I also shipped the mounts when I said I would and I answered your pm's and emails. So what did I really do wrong here?
When I ordered the mounts there was nothing I seen(unless overlooked or edited after my purchase) of a shortage on the mounts but I am pretty sure I only became upset once I noticed you posted a shortage of the rear mounts after the purchase was made which set me back to have to wait. I did no such ignoring of any info my friend I will see if I can find the posts and I will directly quote them myself regardless if it makes me look wrong or you. I don't mind admitting to any mistakes I have made after all I am human.

Well nvm I looked through all my posts and your the only one that has a deleted black friday thread? I see ZZPs and buyhIds but not yours. Could you please quote where I blatantly disregarded your information? I would like facts proving you posted the shortage before the sale took place?

Just so you know, don't take it personal or as bashing I'm not here to intentionally give bad reviews for any one vendor just sharing my experiences =D
Old 02-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 1fastSSBalt
When I ordered the mounts there was nothing I seen(unless overlooked or edited after my purchase) of a shortage on the mounts but I am pretty sure I only became upset once I noticed you posted a shortage of the rear mounts after the purchase was made which set me back to have to wait. I did no such ignoring of any info my friend I will see if I can find the posts and I will directly quote them myself regardless if it makes me look wrong or you. I don't mind admitting to any mistakes I have made after all I am human.

Well nvm I looked through all my posts and your the only one that has a deleted black friday thread? I see ZZPs and buyhIds but not yours. Could you please quote where I blatantly disregarded your information? I would like facts proving you posted the shortage before the sale took place?

Just so you know, don't take it personal or as bashing I'm not here to intentionally give bad reviews for any one vendor just sharing my experiences =D
There were about a dozen "where's my stuff' threads deleted in OTT's vendor section. People waiting months for various items, some who still haven't received. I think it's a dis-service to the community to delete this type of postings because it doesn't give consumers a chance to see other customers experiences.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zooomer
There were about a dozen "where's my stuff' threads deleted in OTT's vendor section. People waiting months for various items, some who still haven't received. I think it's a dis-service to the community to delete this type of postings because it doesn't give consumers a chance to see other customers experiences.
Thats actually not true either. Maybe people should go throught the threads, they will see that the customer is always taken care of.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thats actually not true either. Maybe people should go throught the threads, they will see that the customer is always taken care of.
Why did you have the threads deleted Josh?
Old 02-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I would go through the thread but its deleted xD. It is ok though, I have made my decisions with whom I choose as far as performance parts.

Just out of curiosity do you remember blatantly disregarding a request for my money to be returned so I could purchase ZZP's mounts so I could get them quicker? Probably not, just like coincidentally the thread and specific posts I was looking for to back my claims up is no longer in existence. Thank you.

I do apologize to the OP as I only had minimal information to provide but in the long run it all should help on the right choice per your opinion/research.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 AM

rather interesting thread... OP, if you feel so inclined, just build your kit yourself. I have purchased mine slowly over time, finding deals on parts (all new actually), and have saved myself some money. I did end up w/ primarily ZZP parts (pulley/header/can tune). I have never purchased anything from OTTP, but have had some friends purchase from them, and with everything i have read on the forum, have chose to do business w/ ZZP. Shipping was/has always been prompt. My friend has had shipping problems w/ OTTP. Im not here bashing either company, just stating why i chose who i chose; as this forum should be about.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 AM

ottp service seems poor any time i email them
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 AM

well when i got my balt in november 09 ottp was the **** and i ordered all of my sc parts from them and NEVER had a problem. when i decided to turbo swap(7 months ago) i got my tranny mount, clutch, meth kit, slotted rotors, breaks and axles from them and not one problem. i also sent them my ecu to transfer my tune to the it and they shipped it back the same day they got it. i had a problem with the tune and i sent back the ecu so they could correct it and still they sent it back the same day so i could get it the following day so i could use the car.

THE BAD
when i emailed them they always responded but when i called i would have no luck till i try'd about 15 times. im a person that likes to talk over the phone so both people are on the same page. however, when i did get them they took care of me like i was the only customer they had.

for the op i would just go with the company that has the best price.....

ALSO get the stage2 belt.....its a lot less stress and it works just fine. i had one with a 2.8 and beat the hell out of the car for about 30k miles till i turbo swapped, then when i sold my sc kit to a guy with a 2.4ss and he is using it just fine.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 AM

I had the same problem with zzp, I want to talk to someone before I buy my stuff. That drove me to OTTP and that is who I went with. I did buy the 3 pod pillar from zzp though and it came in yesterday, very happy with it.