2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

18 inch wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18 inch wheels

Hey guys, If anyone here that has put larger wheels on their cars doesn't mind, I would like some Pics of cobalts with 18" wheels on them. Trying to get an idea of how much clearance there will be. Also, if I were to put lowering springs on my car, and I happened to already have 18's on it, would I be screwed and have to get smaller wheels or would it all fit ok?

If its hard to tell I just bought my cobalt, The only nice car I've ever really owned (im 19, my first car was a v6 cougar, second was a chevy blazer(Which SUCK btw) And although I don't plan on toughing too much stuff on it before spring, Im definatly gonna replace to wheels early next year after the snow is gone, just doing my homework a bit, I saw on thetirerack.com or whatever it is that cobalt lt's fit 18"s of some wheels, but looking at the car I almost doubt it. Especially with new springs. Anyways, looking for pics here and a few words about how you like it. Thanks guys, you make my life easier!
Old 08-09-2007, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
look at this month's featured car winner. he has 20's with no clearance problems. the 18's will fit nicely and with some springs close that wheel gap up beautifully.

Plus... don't the SS/SC's have 18's on them?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
look at this month's featured car winner. he has 20's with no clearance problems. the 18's will fit nicely and with some springs close that wheel gap up beautifully.

Plus... don't the SS/SC's have 18's on them?
yep SS/SC's come with 18 stock... running 225/40/18 i think. They look good and still have some room to play with.

There are a couple members here running 20's and im going to be running them soon myself.

the wheel wells on this car are HUGE lol so u can lower your car no problem with the 18's... u have several spring sets to choose from and a couple coilover set ups. If you go to the appearence section of the forum you can see dozens of cars with 18's and some with 19's and 20's.. and no clearance issues... so u'll be fine
Old 08-09-2007, 04:32 PM

I guess I didnt think about the fact that if I were to getting bigger diameter wheels, the tires with them would definatly be lower profile. My cobalt already looks tight. Im glad the previous owner got it repossesed, he got alot of nice options the car just wouldn't be the same without, he got the spoiler, spalshguards, sunroof, etc. and in black, although black is a pain to keep clean, imo black (or darker) colors look best for the cobalts exterior.

Im thinking i want some nice shiny 5 spokes with either holes in the middle of the spokes, or machined spokes so the middle is black would look really nice.

I would love to see a pic of such wheels on a cobalt if anyone has them.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:35 PM

Those Are 18's 225/35/18 They Look Great But Ride Ruff

Last edited by BIG-DAVE; 08-09-2007 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2007, 06:47 PM

nice bigdave. tyvm
Old 08-09-2007, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty1017
Hey guys, If anyone here that has put larger wheels on their cars doesn't mind, I would like some Pics of cobalts with 18" wheels on them. Trying to get an idea of how much clearance there will be. Also, if I were to put lowering springs on my car, and I happened to already have 18's on it, would I be screwed and have to get smaller wheels or would it all fit ok?

If its hard to tell I just bought my cobalt, The only nice car I've ever really owned (im 19, my first car was a v6 cougar, second was a chevy blazer(Which SUCK btw) And although I don't plan on toughing too much stuff on it before spring, Im definatly gonna replace to wheels early next year after the snow is gone, just doing my homework a bit, I saw on thetirerack.com or whatever it is that cobalt lt's fit 18"s of some wheels, but looking at the car I almost doubt it. Especially with new springs. Anyways, looking for pics here and a few words about how you like it. Thanks guys, you make my life easier!

why is it that ur blazer sucked? ive got a 91 blazer and it runs better and gets better mileage then most brand new suv's....
Old 08-09-2007, 10:18 PM

here is my 07 LT2 with the factory ss/sc 18s. im runnin 215/35/18 up front and 215/45/18 in the rear with 1/4" spacers and eibach sportline springs. Doc here on the forum runs eibach sportline springs with 20" wheels and has no porblems. i melted my inner fenders but i also have a bodykit that chacnged the inners a little.

im currently looking into air ride and 20s...

Old 08-11-2007, 04:57 AM

Those pics look nice man, thanks for the help. I was a bit nervous becuase I want to get some lowering springs, but Ialso want to get a bit larger wheels, but you guys cleared that worry up! thanks

About the blazer:

It just had a crap load of problems, I believe it may have been totalled before i bought it, which my dad knew, but didn't tell me, so that could be part of it. but in the most recent 4 months of driving it has needed a new engine, ball joints, alignment, wheel bearings, Cat had to be cut out, loose parts caused a heat sheild for the gas tank to bend out and rub on the drive shaft, making ALOT of noise, which scared the hell out of me untill it was light out and i realized I didn't have to buy a new tranny, lol. Also it needs a new torque converter, and the tranny always overheats during long rides, but i haven't fixed that yet.

Although technically the engine was my fault, I made my old roomate change the oil as payment for letting my drive it everywhere, and knowing him he probly only bought 1 quart of oil and never checked the level. And partially my fault for not checking my oil at the gas pump. but oh well.

EDIT: tsa did you not paint your body kit for a reason? IMO it would look mint with a full paint and clear coat.