2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

2.2 guys how much hp u pushing

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 07:14 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xCobalt05x
well here you go on the computer tuning
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-2l-l61-performance-tech-45/rumor-results-come-soon-govenor-mod-controller-testing-26212/ look at post number 18 this is what he said
It WORKS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet! it's all good folks.....comp tune was no prob and limiter is gone! i broke 120 in my stock balt but it gets there quick due to the fact that he also reprog the cranks and cams efectivley giving me 10hp more! BONUS! lol as for the gov....u need a friend in the buss. but it is possible to change tire size....option right on tech 2 system just upgrade to the 2.2l sport pack when u get tires....hope this helped.....mod controller not in yet but coming soon
That's not a tuning option. All he is claiming he did was change his speed limiter. That has nothing to do with tuning.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kadumel
ROFL anyone could get the Zex kit it is not 2.2 only you moron...

Dood your saying you run 85 mph without nos in second gear?
Then your are saying you run 93 WITH NOS in second gear?
YOU DONT EVEN HAVE NOS YET!!!! ROFL!!!

And even if you did you have the best 2.2 ever if you can run 93mph in second gear, my 2.4 doesn't even go past like 60something in second... And I can't even Verify that...
I'm starting to get confused on who is running nitrous too. Is the kit installed yet or not?

Also that first and second gear thing threw me off but hes automatic, I have no idea how far you can wind out those gears.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:24 PM

yeah no kidding Ninja, I assumed all times were with nitrous, and 2nd gear till 85mph? no I dont' think so, none of the cobalts that run at the track with me hit that speed in 2nd gear, auto or manual.

and if I read right, your buddy with nitrous runs the 15.1 in question, where as yours isn't on yet and you're still around 16.7-16.8 ET. And somehow, even though your buddy has a manual and yours is auto, and you have no nitrous, you can run the same times as him.

wow...yeah...LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 07:35 PM

haha, i just have one thing to say about his girls.....
"FEEEEEEEED MEEEEEEE"

kadumel, consider sending a couple of those honeys my way, they can hold a maple leaf in their mouth and i will do em for Canada!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM

im tired of this high school, bullshit. i didnt come here to get picked on by anyone. im no longer going to post how to's on here on interior work or body kit fixes or anything else for that matter. yall can figure out how to do it on your own like i do. THIS WILL BE MY LAST POST AT THIS shiiiiiitttttyyyyyy forums. the community is much better at w w w . c o b a l t s s . c o m
no one is making fun of you, well with the exception of one person

your posts are just confusing
Old 07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

rofl DAMNIT I just got pwned homegirl in the picture that I said needs some time before I can claim it's roommate just sent a message saying she was going on a date tonight hahaha

I R TEH PWNT!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by slowion2
yeah no kidding Ninja, I assumed all times were with nitrous, and 2nd gear till 85mph? no I dont' think so, none of the cobalts that run at the track with me hit that speed in 2nd gear, auto or manual.

and if I read right, your buddy with nitrous runs the 15.1 in question, where as yours isn't on yet and you're still around 16.7-16.8 ET. And somehow, even though your buddy has a manual and yours is auto, and you have no nitrous, you can run the same times as him.

wow...yeah...LOL
you need to re-read that post with the single picture, if you read it right it says when he ran against me w/out using nitrous, if you dont know what w/out means its short for with out. and yes when he does not use his nitrous we run pretty much the same time, his best ET is about .047 slower then my personal best ET. I cant wait till he gets back from his lil 4 weeks at sea so he can get it on my car and i go run it at the strip and see if i can run a 15 flat or a 15.081. He gets back on the 1st of aug and he is putting it on my car on the 2nd of aug.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 PM

I cant this post didnt get locked up. Especially that marine vs navy bullshit. Ive been in the navy for 4 1/2 years now and I understand the rivalry, but that does not justify some bullshit I read today. If there is a comment you read that doesnt sit right with ya, so what keep it to yourself. But if you feel like your ***** are too big for your own good and you must share them with the world, good luck with that. I know its off topic and I aplogize to everyone else for the retarded comments left on here by other service members in hopes that you realize not all of us are complete ********.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM

I did laugh for a minute though, then I thought to myself, "way to go guys, now we all look like idiots!"

Im thinkin that the whole quarter mile in second is bs. I would have to see it to retract my statement.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:57 PM

you need to re-read that post with the single picture, if you read it right it says when he ran against me w/out using nitrous, if you dont know what w/out means its short for with out. and yes when he does not use his nitrous we run pretty much the same time, his best ET is about .047 slower then my personal best ET. I cant wait till he gets back from his lil 4 weeks at sea so he can get it on my car and i go run it at the strip and see if i can run a 15 flat or a 15.081. He gets back on the 1st of aug and he is putting it on my car on the 2nd of aug.
I understood that, but you are claming 15.0-15.1xx which is what he runs, and he is a manual? I don't see how you'll be faster, although, from the looks of the slips it seems he is not that great of a driver at all, so it wouldn't be all that suprising to see it. He should have quite a lead on you off the bottle as well and the fact that he doesn't is odd, unless I misread your posts somewhere and you both are auto.

I know what w/out means, I know quite a bit more than you'd like to give credit for, but your posts are extremely confusing as mentioned earlier.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by maxpit
I did laugh for a minute though, then I thought to myself, "way to go guys, now we all look like idiots!"

Im thinkin that the whole quarter mile in second is bs. I would have to see it to retract my statement.
how is it bs, those are pictures of our time slips. the 15.120 is his time using nos and 16.751 with out him using his nos. my time is 16.704 all motor no mods not even a CAI at the time. And those are offical time slips handed to us from the booth you drive up to after you pull off the strip

EDIT lol i see what you are talking about now, im a jackass. i'm going to have to go back to the strip and re run it, im pretty posative it was second gear, it might have been 3rd. i just now that when i was running 1/4 mile in 78 and 79 mph it was shifting to another gear about 50 or 60 feet before the end of the 1/4. so the passes that got me to 84+ mph i didnt push it up into the next gear on the shifter which is D for me. it goes 1 2 and D but once you are in D it shift to Over drive on its own after i get to about 6,000rpm
Old 07-18-2006, 09:37 PM

ill be back in a sec, im going to go to a closed off area that i know of and shoot a video so you can see what im talking about.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we're waiting..... 2 hours later.... that second seems to be pretty long
Old 07-18-2006, 11:57 PM

ok here we go, i hit 79mph in second gear just like i thought i was doing, so yes, i can go the whole strip in 2 gears. here is the video enjoy. The lil orange light you are going to see is the the traction control light, when you drop an auto trany to 1st gear it turns off traction control.
Banned

Hahah if anyone was offended by all the junk that I have posted I apoligize but I just can't stand people who try to front. I am from a lot different of a background then a lot of people here probably are and I realize that and I apoligize to the admins and everyone for making you read my non-sense I just have a problem with liars.

You guys, I won't post like I did in this thread anymore but just remember this - If someone has to BS to try to make themselves look better then maybe instead of trying to impress us maybe they need to work on impressing themselves. There is no satisfaction at the end of the day when you know you had to lie to achieve happiness. That goes for many different aspects of life - Stealing, cheating and lying. I know I need to try to be the bigger person and just ignore when things like this are posted but I just have such a problem with it because I know it hurts not just him but our whole community. But we are who we are and I sincerely apoligize to all of you guys for bringing us down by bashing so bad tonight.

sorry, the area was a lil further then i thought it would be.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:00 AM
Banned

Cobalt05 just for your information, but from me watching that video I saw you hit 72 at best before it changed gears for you. I hope you learn from this situation that around here we like the truth. Your car is not horrible I just originally said I don't like the sides. Big deal you lied about some dumb **** but I have lied before too just drop it man...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:03 AM

i took 2 videos but the second one i bounced off the rev limiter hard. and im probebly wrong, i got to 79 in second gear bouncing off the rev limiter. here is the vid for that. and im sure ill get flamed for bouncing of the limiter but oh well. ill get over it.
enjoy
Old 07-19-2006, 12:15 AM

opps, here is the repost on the lopeing cams video and post on the 2.2L
http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g4...t=MOV02170.flv
http://www.*************/forums/show...ed=1#post77506, the stars are w w w . c o b a l t s s . c o m
Old 07-19-2006, 12:20 AM

so does this mean you guys have hugged and made up? i just thought it was a "my body kit is better then your body kit" grudge
Old 07-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by artawesome
so does this mean you guys have hugged and made up? i just thought it was a "my body kit is better then your body kit" grudge
No but I am gettin my posts deleted anyway so why flame? He isn't going to admit he doesn't have NOS so I will just let him live in the belief that he does. It isn't worth losing my membership here over so whatever floats anyones boats ^ ^
Old 07-19-2006, 12:35 AM

wow, you must missed one of my posts, i put out that i didnt have nos and was waiting for daniel, aka cobaltltblue on the w w w. c o b a l t s s . c o m forums, also in the navy, to come back from his 4 weeker at sea to sell me his ZEX and install it for me. i must have deleted that post by accident. im sure in your anger you over looked it. its somewhere around those time slips i posted.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:38 AM
Banned

No I don't overlook things you must have just changed one of your posts around...

don't try to make me look bad, I could easily go back and edit all my posts to make me look better but I am who I am and I will be who I will always be.

Just grow up man...

EDIT : In this thread look at post number 11 you will see where you said the 15.1 comment about how you hold down the NAWZ button please don't try to make me look bad buddy...
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM

oh boy, here we go again you 2 need to start 1 thread and just flame each other, might be entertaining, besides, xcobalto5x you going to the track augest 6th?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:42 AM

im not trying to, i openly said i didnt have NOS and waiting for daniel to get back from sea.

Quick Reply: 2.2 guys how much hp u pushing