2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

2.2 turbo finally+ tune + problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbolsl61
Well I Guess We Will C Then And On The Clutch I Bought It Through A Local Shop For About 200 Its The Exedy Stage One Its The Only One I Could Find For The Car So I Hope It Works Out And Sw4y Are U Running Ur Turbo With The Ecu That Comes With The Kit Or What And If So How Does It Run Rich , Lean???

lol derrrrrrr
Old 08-02-2007, 02:38 PM

Ok Well I Got The Flywheel And The Axel Seals Today Along With The Tranny So When I Get Home If The Clutch Is There Ill Do The Tranny Tonight And Im Not Sure If We Have A How To On It So If There Isnt One Ill Post One Up If U Guys Want I Dont Know How Many People On Here Would Accutally Want To Do Their Own Tranny But I Cant See Paying Someone Else To Do It Cuz Its So Damn Expensive Since Of Coars I Just Dropped 3700 For The Turbo Kit Ha
Old 08-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Ok Well I Got The Flywheel And The Axel Seals Today Along With The Tranny So When I Get Home If The Clutch Is There Ill Do The Tranny Tonight And Im Not Sure If We Have A How To On It So If There Isnt One Ill Post One Up If U Guys Want I Dont Know How Many People On Here Would Accutally Want To Do Their Own Tranny But I Cant See Paying Someone Else To Do It Cuz Its So Damn Expensive Since Of Coars I Just Dropped 3700 For The Turbo Kit Ha
pull the engine, it's so much easier that way
Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 PM

To Do The Tranny Ur Telling Me To Drop The Engine Umm No Like I Said Earlier I Work At A Dealership And Car Just As Easily Throw It On A Rack And Drop The Tranny In A Bout 45 Min If That
Old 08-02-2007, 03:07 PM

To Do The Tranny Ur Telling Me To Drop The Engine Umm No Like I Said Earlier I Work At A Dealership And Car Just As Easily Throw It On A Rack And Drop The Tranny In A Bout 45 Min If That
k you're cocky.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Im A Certified Technician I Dont Think Im Gonna Have Trouble With A Chevy Tranny
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM

Im A Certified Technician I Dont Think Im Gonna Have Trouble With A Chevy Tranny
care
Old 08-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Whatever Does Anyone Want A How To Or What If Not Im Not Gonna Waste My Time Taking Pics Cuz Like I Said Its Gonna Take Me Like 45 Mins
Old 08-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
As of right now, all we know is that the Garrett Alpha kit comes with a canned SCT tune. SCT has software out that can allow us to retune our cars on our own just like HPTuners. We are just waiting on the information from SCT. From what i know is that SCT has literally just moved into a new building so they are a little behind.
that and I still haven't headed that way to confirm a few things on my car. should be in roughly 2 weeks.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by slowion2
that and I still haven't headed that way to confirm a few things on my car. should be in roughly 2 weeks.
Vinny you rock man, nice to have someone on our side close to them =P Cant wait for the news.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM

haha no problem Duane. it would have been done already but my firm has been driving me nuts and I've had a lot of other things going on as far as event planning (there's a huge Tail of the Dragon meet this weekend). as soon as I go by I'll let you know one way or another.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Interesting... We will want to see pictures though

Last edited by Mr.N00bLaR; 08-02-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:14 PM

It Is Acctually The Program I Use In The Shop Uses Caps And I Dont Mess With It And When I Type Oon The Boards It Gets All F Ed Up So Maybe U Should Worry About Other Things Then How The Way I Type And Quit Being A ***. **** I Thought I Was Helping Out U Guys About Ur Tuning Prob And Offering To Make A How To On The Tranny But I Dont Care N E More Just Forget It U Guys Want To Be So Negative Then So Be It
Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok calm down man... jeez if there is a possibility to tune the 2.2s with HP thats awesome.. also find out what revision of HPtuners he has because it's rumored that the new one might have support for some 2.2s, as for modifying the cavi tune, i seriously doubt that.. especially considering the OS's are different...also ... what other mods do you have? because there is no way you're getting 150+ WHP stock with just a tune... you're rated at 145 BHP stock so there's no way you're going to be able to do that with our some flow mods
Old 08-02-2007, 04:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It Is Acctually The Program I Use In The Shop Uses Caps And I Dont Mess With It And When I Type Oon The Boards It Gets All F Ed Up So Maybe U Should Worry About Other Things Then How The Way I Type And Quit Being A ***. **** I Thought I Was Helping Out U Guys About Ur Tuning Prob And Offering To Make A How To On The Tranny But I Dont Care N E More Just Forget It U Guys Want To Be So Negative Then So Be It
everyones just skeptical on the tuning...myself included..but dont let that stop you from making a how-to especially if its something as important as what your doing
Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM

I agree. Make a how to for the tranny cuz im sure people will be needing it sooner or later.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM

i smell some poopy. No way you made what was it... 155whp you said i think with just a tune... so you saw a gain of 30hp from just a tune? i smell some major bs here. Oh and there was no way it was an sct tune for the other people wondering because SCT uses flash tuners which marry to the ECU as soon as you use it once and it has to be sent back to SCT to use it on another car and you have to pay for it to be unmarried. The livewire/xcal-2's cost >400 bucks and then the tune is at least 100. I bet this guy just dynoed the thing for 300 bucks. thats quite a profit!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 PM

haha even if he has dyno sheets all the guy would've needed to do is change some values and it would read higher... or run it in second gear and one in third haha... I hope we're wrong though
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by cakeeater
i smell some poopy. No way you made what was it... 155whp you said i think with just a tune... so you saw a gain of 30hp from just a tune? i smell some major bs here. Oh and there was no way it was an sct tune for the other people wondering because SCT uses flash tuners which marry to the ECU as soon as you use it once and it has to be sent back to SCT to use it on another car and you have to pay for it to be unmarried. The livewire/xcal-2's cost >400 bucks and then the tune is at least 100. I bet this guy just dynoed the thing for 300 bucks. thats quite a profit!

seriously... Ive been thinking this guy got ripped off from the beggining.

And where the hell is this 155whp dyno sheet??? Rigged or not...
Old 08-02-2007, 07:13 PM

either this guy is lying or he got ripped off it is simple as that. I would bet my left (and possibly my right!) ******** that a 2.2 is absolutely NOT going to make 155 fwhp and 161 fwtq on a properly calibrated dyno with just a tune, plus there is no data to back up this claim, the only way to tune these cars that we know of would cost significantly more than this guy payed, no matter which way you look at it, and i would love to know by whom you are certified as a technician. Smokey the bear does NOT count.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 PM

since you guys know so much about cars then screw the how to on the tranny im sure u can figure it out and that my certifications mean nothing i mean cmon i only work with genius customers like u guys every day i think i know if my car were tuned or not he is a friend that tunes my camaro and does anyone want to argue that to it only puts out about 590 to the real wheels without the bottle im sure mr mach 1 over would be real quick to doubt so again i say any balts that think my stock tune is bs come race me and mr mach one bring it im sure ur little mustang can really hang and i have plenty of videos on youtube of my camaro incase any one was wonder where the proof is and i mean i only smoked a fully built ls1 swapped 300z that is sponsored and a cammed bottled true dualed gto in the other so as for my little daily driver turbod cobalt i really dont care what you think so question my certifications all u want
Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 PM

where is this shop in AZ? lets go down there together...

I wanna see what they have to say...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:06 PM

no its all good i dont want to subject my friend to u guys. so ill tune my car after the turbo kit and hopefully i see some of u guys on the road and we will see who is still not tuned
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 PM

If you work at a dealer... why would you need our help finding a clutch for your transmission? Like they said the only reason everyone is so uptight about this topic is because it's been "waved in our faces" so long it's like the boy who cried wolf.

One day there is tuning, the next it was all a lie, but a 16 year old that wanted friends.

It's cool if your certified and all, but I still wouldn't want the creeps at MY local dealer touching my car. Half of them don't know the difference between coolant and oil.

Finally, it would be much more believable that you got your car tuned if you could prove the version of HPTuners they were using.

Are you sure your car wasn't manufactor in 07'? If this was the case then tuning has already been available for that model...
Old 08-03-2007, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Switt23
If you work at a dealer... why would you need our help finding a clutch for your transmission? Like they said the only reason everyone is so uptight about this topic is because it's been "waved in our faces" so long it's like the boy who cried wolf.

One day there is tuning, the next it was all a lie, but a 16 year old that wanted friends.

It's cool if your certified and all, but I still wouldn't want the creeps at MY local dealer touching my car. Half of them don't know the difference between coolant and oil.

Finally, it would be much more believable that you got your car tuned if you could prove the version of HPTuners they were using.

Are you sure your car wasn't manufactor in 07'? If this was the case then tuning has already been available for that model...
exactly what I was saying before...

if you're not going to answer my questions or his.. of course we're gonna throw the BS flag at you... you've done the typical ricer moves... claimed something huge.. which is almost physically impossible...

seriously if your car gets 155 HP and it's stock .. that means you got a 30 HP or so gain ... with no other mods.... whoever that guy is I want him to tune my car... that would me i'd be running all over ss/scs and redlines if I got a even 30 WHP from a tune.. however math mathically since you're getting a 30% HP gain... assuming i get 30% i'd have about a 45 WHP gain... putting my car at 195 WHP... then with full exhaust and intake adding another 20 whp or so... i'd be set ... and imagine my 2.4 boosted i'd be running flat 9's by that logic....seriously man you can't expect anyone to believe you when you don't have any proof.....

not only have you made big ricer claims you've also pulled the good ol' i have this many cars with this much **** done...

post prove or grow up and take getting flammed...

Quick Reply: 2.2 turbo finally+ tune + problem