2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

2.2 turbo finally+ tune + problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and again i have proof that either way id smoke ur little coblt with my camaro for some stupid proof here it is going up against a 300z with a ls1 swap for the record since u little 4 cyl guys can keep up that is a 350ci or 5.7 liter v8 out of a corvette that also came in my year camaro this guy in the 300 is sponsord and is putting out about 4 hund and change to the wheels and clearly in the end of the vid u see me cutting him off proving i won and as for my cobalt like i said race me thats all the proof i have and when i get tuned again then i ll have proof of the numbers on that
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 AM

Ill be happy to race you =P and i mean your camaro
Old 08-03-2007, 12:58 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iql9M2aYC1o

hahahahahahaha no you dont both of these videos r not spraying nitrous im running either a 100shot street and 150 shot track so any time u want to go im down
This gto i raced is the 6.0 cammed nitrous headers intake true dual exhaust dynotune intakemanifold big throttlebody ported heads and tranny and clutch grab like a mother hes my roomate its a tight car but he got owned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVIT1YMUw8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P0EqXhJVdtk
Old 08-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by turbolsl61
and again i have proof that either way id smoke ur little coblt with my camaro for some stupid proof here it is going up against a 300z with a ls1 swap for the record since u little 4 cyl guys can keep up that is a 350ci or 5.7 liter v8 out of a corvette that also came in my year camaro this guy in the 300 is sponsord and is putting out about 4 hund and change to the wheels and clearly in the end of the vid u see me cutting him off proving i won and as for my cobalt like i said race me thats all the proof i have and when i get tuned again then i ll have proof of the numbers on that
funny story.. im planning on making a trip down to AZ with that said... i will race u ... at the track with full video to record ur " friends madd tune.." stock balt vs me.. ill take the bottle out... and throw on all my stock parts... **** if ur so confident ur " tuned" ill race u for pinks...

DONT FORGET THIS VIDEO...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pCx8jx9LvjA

AS U CAN SEE the dog pulled on him by 4 cars.. lol

Last edited by nramlow2006; 08-03-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... post a flipping dyno... and some other proof like you're precious ls doing 0-60 in 7.5 seconds or less... like the 2.4 which has the same WHP in stock form... and i'm sure people will believe you.

but stop being a ricer... i don't care if your camaro can beat my car.. no f'in ****... god damn
Old 08-03-2007, 01:10 AM

ok settled ill dyno b 4 i turbo and ill show u the slips and when they show that im right u guys can find ur own way to tune ur 2.2s
Old 08-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Banned

ok settled ill dyno b 4 i turbo and ill show u the slips and when they show that im right u guys can find ur own way to tune ur 2.2s
sir ur a tool... i dont want to be mean but this shop... they took ur money... u didnt get tune.. u've been had.. u know u can mess with dyno settings and make toyota tercels throw down 500 hp... stop being a fool.. i promise when u open ur eyes you wont be mad at us ull be pissed at the guy with ur 300 dollars
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 AM

why are you being a dick... we just asked for proof.. and you've done nothing buit insist things that don't seem logical.. I could care less about having a tune for a 2.2 as I have a 2.4 I want there to be a tune because that would be awesome as hell for you guys

but seriously you haven't said anything besides " it's tuned"

Originally Posted by nramlow2006
sir ur a tool... i dont want to be mean but this shop... they took ur money... u didnt get tune.. u've been had.. u know u can mess with dyno settings and make toyota tercels throw down 500 hp... stop being a fool.. i promise when u open ur eyes you wont be mad at us ull be pissed at the guy with ur 300 dollars
seriously man... a stock redline put down 350 whp because they messed with the weighting on the rollers... just for ***** and giggles

Last edited by elecblue06; 08-03-2007 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2007, 02:44 AM

yeah honestly this sounds like bullshit. How is this small shop in arizona able to tune a 2.2 ecotec when no one else without tons of money and research can do? ANd you cant just write a cavalier tune to a cobalt with some tweaking. That guy is such a liar. Just because they are the same engine doesnt mean they operate the same way. Totally different sensors and values as well as physical hardware. That would be like trying to install Vista on a Mac. It just doesnt work, to many different things to "tweak". I dont even think this guy a GM technician.

This is so funny, why are you guys even bothering wasting your time with him? He has a 12 second RSX before this, but he cant even find a clutch now that will support his 170TQ? ANd where the hell did he come up with that number as the most the clutch will handle? I will bet for a fact that the stock clutch will handle 200WHP.

Hey buddy anyone can post you tube vidoes. Want to see my 9 second evo, i have videos on streetfire it must be mine.

This guy is full of ****, hes to dumb to realise that some guy took his 300 dollars and an hour later said the car made 155WHP. WTF no dyno i have ever been at doesnt give you a before and after number. Let alone who in there right ******* mind would just hand them the keys and let them dyno? Everytime ive ever been to the dyno, they let you watch the whole process, you would be a fool not too. To top it off this tuner managed to get an extra 30HP out the engine? That is just incredible and seems like it would take alot of tunning experience with this engine. Funny that he is the only person who can tune it right now and i dont think anyone else here has posted about this magical man who can do wonders with the ecotec motor. **** he should go work for GM then, show them how dumb they are and how bad their tunes are. Hell if he can get 30HP which is about %20 more HP, that means with the SS supercharged he should be able to make atleast 50HP more. Hell ill drive from michigan to get this magical tune.

Hey buddy, THEY DIDNT TUNE YOUR CAR. The guy took your money and told you what you wanted to hear. I dont think your a GM technician, because even those guys arent this dumb.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:41 AM

since you guys know so much about cars then screw the how to on the tranny im sure u can figure it out and that my certifications mean nothing i mean cmon i only work with genius customers like u guys every day i think i know if my car were tuned or not he is a friend that tunes my camaro and does anyone want to argue that to it only puts out about 590 to the real wheels without the bottle im sure mr mach 1 over would be real quick to doubt so again i say any balts that think my stock tune is bs come race me and mr mach one bring it im sure ur little mustang can really hang and i have plenty of videos on youtube of my camaro incase any one was wonder where the proof is and i mean i only smoked a fully built ls1 swapped 300z that is sponsored and a cammed bottled true dualed gto in the other so as for my little daily driver turbod cobalt i really dont care what you think so question my certifications all u want

yea, none of us know what we are talking about. Go race your "true dualed gto" too bad they have true duals stock you stupid ****. and 590 to the "real" wheels? not the fake ones? and i will ask again, in what way are you a certified technician? i dont beleive a word you say, and im pretty confident my mach would rape anything you pan out because i think this balt is probably your only car and you got taken by this shop big time. Anyone that actually was as knowledgable as you claim to be would know how their car was being tuned and would get it tuned for a reasonable price. If you "friend" tuned your car for 300 and didnt even give you baseline numbers, you must not have any very good friends.

edit:

wow-
"and tranny and clutch grab like a mother ******" ok please explain what you mean by it has "tranny" and "clutch grab like a mother ******" because just from that alone i dont even beleive you are a certified tech.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:47 AM

hey I offered to go down there with the guy and see what this shop is talkin about but oh well...
Old 08-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I find it funny how he's talking trash about 4 cylinders...yet...he owns one?
Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM

What I find odd is that these are the mods listed on youtube on the camaro. K+N FIPK,
MAC LTs, SLP LOUDMOUTH I, PCM TUNE, Ls7 Clutch/Flywheel. And with that you beat a 6.0 with
cam, nitrous, headers, intake, true dual exhaust, dynotune, intakemanifold, big throttlebody, ported heads and tranny and clutch....... hmmm something just doesnt seem right there....

seeing as a 6.0 put out almost 450whp with just a set of LTs, catback, a cam and a tune

Last edited by jester; 08-03-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-03-2007, 09:21 AM

I can vouch for the stock clutch. It handled 212whp/224wtq for over 3k miles. And those werent easy miles by any means...

Im sorry but i tried to help you out, but you just dont want to listen. I find it kinda sad that us "backyard mechanics" seem to know a ton more then you do. Seriously man... open your eyes, you were ripped off. Honestly i would have loved to see that your car was tuned, but by the way your talking, tells us your full of ****. Just to let you know, we tried helping.. But you obviously dont need it...

Adam, hes probably going to change his mind and say he got the v6 upgrade
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
I can vouch for the stock clutch. It handled 212whp/224wtq for over 3k miles. And those werent easy miles by any means...

Im sorry but i tried to help you out, but you just dont want to listen. I find it kinda sad that us "backyard mechanics" seem to know a ton more then you do. Seriously man... open your eyes, you were ripped off. Honestly i would have loved to see that your car was tuned, but by the way your talking, tells us your full of ****. Just to let you know, we tried helping.. But you obviously dont need it...

Adam, hes probably going to change his mind and say he got the v6 upgrade
ROFL

Trust me, I wish I had a 4 cylinder Turbo...Inline...Boxer...something. I miss having a turbo car. Driving my mom's 1.8T is alright but too small and quiet of a turbo car.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by NJHK
ROFL

Trust me, I wish I had a 4 cylinder Turbo...Inline...Boxer...something. I miss having a turbo car. Driving my mom's 1.8T is alright but too small and quiet of a turbo car.
LOL dude... When i go back to jersey thats what ill be driving around. My moms got a 1.8T Convertable Beatle. We can go cruise the 1.8T's lol But i agree, its too quiet for a turbo. Im gonna miss the spool of my turbo too... But i think the sacrafice is worth it.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sw4y1313
LOL dude... When i go back to jersey thats what ill be driving around. My moms got a 1.8T Convertable Beatle. We can go cruise the 1.8T's lol
My mom has a Audi A4

I'd enjoy it more if her clutch was like my Eclipses. When I try to get on it hard, it grabs wierd...
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 AM

My mom has a Audi A4

I'd enjoy it more if her clutch was like my Eclipses. When I try to get on it hard, it grabs wierd...
Yeah the Beatle is auto =( But the Sport setting is fun to drive. Very responsive and redlines every gear. My buddy from HS had a A4(I went to Hunterdon Central). It was a 2000 or 2001 if i can remember correctly. Nice cars.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:42 AM

My mom has a 2004 and it's a 6 speed.

I swear the last 2 gears are useless lol
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 AM

lol dude i have a turbo 2.2

and i can tune mine

also certifications doesn't mean ****.

Mechanic != Performance
Old 08-03-2007, 10:48 AM

My mom has a Audi A4...
off topic:

I'd enjoy my mom more if her **** was like my Exes. When I get hard, my mom grabs weird...
^^fixed..

yo adam let me know when you move back to NJ maybe we can meet up or something

Last edited by elecblue06; 08-03-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by elecblue06
^^fixed..

yo adam let me know when you move back to NJ maybe we can meet up or something
That was...disturbing...

But yes I am back in NJ now.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:52 AM

That was...disturbing...

But yes I am back in NJ now.
nice man and it was supposed to be disturbing
Old 08-04-2007, 09:38 AM

bump
Old 08-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Is the turbo hard to install on the 2.2? And how much will it set ya back?

Quick Reply: 2.2 turbo finally+ tune + problem