2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

2006 Cobalt Lt exaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Cobalt Lt exaust

Im looking for an exaust for my cobalt LT and every thing I see sounds like a rice burner I cant stand that this is my first four cylinder i have owned got it because of gas prices my camero was killing me.

So I was wondering if any body knew of an exaust for a four cylinder that doesnt sound ricey.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by That Cobalt LT Guy
Im looking for an exaust for my cobalt LT and every thing I see sounds like a rice burner I cant stand that this is my first four cylinder i have owned got it because of gas prices my camero was killing me.

So I was wondering if any body knew of an exaust for a four cylinder that doesnt sound ricey.
what have you seen and heard already? there's several good exhaust that don't sound ricey, but if you're trying to compare to your camaro you're not going to get something that sounds like that...
Old 09-24-2006, 11:54 AM

I know that. what type of exausts do you recomend
Old 09-24-2006, 11:56 AM

There is only one that I have heared that I have kinda liked and that was the flowmaster sieris 60.

I have heared the magnaflow catback yuk ricer all the way

the rest all dont have sound files
Old 09-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love my pacesetter... people will have negative things to say about it because it's not stainless steel... but it sounds great, not ricey at all... nice and deep...
Old 09-24-2006, 12:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to keep it all GM, order a GMPP extruded-honed Manifold and GMPP Performance exhaust from Crateenginedepot.com or your local Chevy dealer. You will enjoy the sound and performance these make. I have both on and it sounds and feels great! Also go with the GMPP Performance Intake -- you will be glad you did.

If you want aftermarket, check out the header and exhaust system from CobaltAddiction. these sound excellent too and provide more power over the stock system.

Both are sponsors of this site and are very dependable.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:24 PM

I'm selling my complete SS/SC exhaust (headers, downpipe, cat-back w/ Flowmaster muffler) if your interested.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:48 PM

I want to keep my warenty I spoke to the dealer ship and I can do any thing from the catback any thing forward will void my warenty. also airintack and lowering springs.

I was wondering if any body had that sound clip of the pase setters.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:15 PM

I want to keep my warenty I spoke to the dealer ship and I can do any thing from the catback any thing forward will void my warenty. also airintack and lowering springs.

I was wondering if any body had that sound clip of the pase setters.
they only void the warranty if the see them, also i thought that anything gmpp wise kept the warranty, if they install it right
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM

nothing voids a warranty unless they can prove that aftermarket part caused failure or damage. Magnusson - Moss Act
Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by 06cobaltls
they only void the warranty if the see them, also i thought that anything gmpp wise kept the warranty, if they install it right
If any dealership tells you that your warranty is voided just cause you have a catback exhaust upgrade, smack them in the face (well not literally lol).

Your warranty works in areas. If you have a motor issue...say your rod snaps and the only modification you have done is a catback upgrade, they'd have to prove that your catback caused your rod to snap...which 9 times out of 10, they wouldn't be able to prove.

To the original poster...

The key thing is resonators and not the company you get it from. I've heard Honda Civics with deep and not raspy toned exhaust systems...why? Resonators. Most of the time, people don't take the time to get any, they just change the piping to something much bigger and call it a day. The bigger the resonator you get, the better.

You can make your own exhaust system if you really wanted to. Buy the resonator, buy the muffler (all the same inlet pipe size...I recommend 2 1/4"), take it to your local exhaust shop/performance shop, make sure they do either compression bends or mendrel bends (no crush bends!) and bam! you probably saved yourself some money.

Just a suggestion.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:27 PM

Im new to this forum thing I have been reading the other threads and people are saying that if the dealer puts them on your safe.
so after I find the right exaust and intake im getting a set of cams how much hp do you get out of them.

im still looking for a sound clip of the moza pasesetters for the cobalt 2.2
Old 09-24-2006, 01:34 PM

What do you guys think about the gm touring exaust ricey or not.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:35 PM

InRe the warranty...go back to the dealer and ask them about the GMPP extrude-honed exhaust manifold. Yes they are bound by the Magnusson - Moss act but it can lead to a headache as the dealer has lawyers on the payroll and the average owner doesn't. If you return the car with a burnt valve it could truly be a defective valve but a-not-so-caring dealer will want to say it was due to an aftermarket part. You will win your case if you have the money to pay for a lawyer and a professional metal tester -- and lots of time to wait for your car to get repaired.

If you're going to ask for opinions please provide all the criteria -- you didn't say anything about keeping the warranty....You have a new car with a warranty -- keep the warranty and when it runs out modify your car to your heart's content.....
Old 09-24-2006, 01:43 PM

but if I have the dealership install it and some thing breakes it would still be under warenty right.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:46 PM

Im new to this forum thing I have been reading the other threads and people are saying that if the dealer puts them on your safe.
so after I find the right exaust and intake im getting a set of cams how much hp do you get out of them.

im still looking for a sound clip of the moza pasesetters for the cobalt 2.2
I understand you're new and welcome by the way.

Before I give you more information on camshafts, what is your goal for the car?
Are you boosting or staying N/A?
How much are you willing to invest into your car?
How long do you plan on keeping it for?
How much power are you trying to make out of it?

The reason I'm asking all these questions is because it would be a total waste to invest a crapload of money into a car that you honestly know that you're not going to keep for long or invest money in a direction that isn't going to lead you into your goal.

Know what I mean?
Old 09-24-2006, 01:59 PM

First I plan on keeping it until it dies and then I will porbable get it rebuilt I like it almost as much as my camero and my cobalt is stock.

I dont boost I like all motor unless I am going to use it at the track

Im willing to invest 2- 3 grand

my highest goal for the car is 250 hp that would be on cool cobalt Lt
Old 09-24-2006, 02:38 PM

First I plan on keeping it until it dies and then I will porbable get it rebuilt I like it almost as much as my camero and my cobalt is stock.

I dont boost I like all motor unless I am going to use it at the track

Im willing to invest 2- 3 grand

my highest goal for the car is 250 hp that would be on cool cobalt Lt
Unless you have major hookups, you're not going to reach 250 HP with 3 grand, just not happening...even with just the cost of parts, you're not reaching it, forget labor.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:39 PM

250 w/ 3 grand is very possible not counting labor... well when tuning comes out
Old 09-24-2006, 02:48 PM

Thats the thing I have hookups and I work at a machine shop I can get an aem cold air for $110
Old 09-24-2006, 02:50 PM

if I put cams, exaust, intake, gm headers, what kind of horse power do you think it will have
Old 09-24-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Listerman
250 w/ 3 grand is very possible not counting labor... well when tuning comes out
not N/A its not

you would have to seriously rip into this motor to make that kind of power N/A

its not like a 6 or 8 cylinder motor, it doesn't move that much air...you are going to need all the bolts ons out there that u can buy plus an engine built for high compression and high RPM revs

its much much more cost efficient to go boost or nitrous and make it to 250HP then try to do it N/A
Old 09-24-2006, 03:04 PM

will a turbo runin my warenty
Old 09-24-2006, 04:31 PM

honestly if you're that worried about your warranty then just leave your car alone.

people will say that it has to be the mod causing the problem for them to void your warranty but there are dealerships out there that will hassle you regardless so if warranty is that important to you then I would leave your car alone. Or do your basic intake/header/exhaust and be done with it.

if you walk into a dealership with a heavily modified engine they are going to give you crap anyway they can...
Old 09-24-2006, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by IonNinja
honestly if you're that worried about your warranty then just leave your car alone.

people will say that it has to be the mod causing the problem for them to void your warranty but there are dealerships out there that will hassle you regardless so if warranty is that important to you then I would leave your car alone. Or do your basic intake/header/exhaust and be done with it.

if you walk into a dealership with a heavily modified engine they are going to give you crap anyway they can...
100% agree.

If you are really that worried about a warranty, don't modify this car or do it very lightly.
You might want to probably save your money for a project car and do it that way so if that car breaks, than you atleast have your cobalt to drive around and not have to take the bus.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cobalt Lt exaust