2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

2006 Pontiac Pursuit 2.2L build going supercharged...

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RobHole
THANK YOU!!!! for pointing out that website to me!!! I didn't know such a site existed other than going to each individual site.. I'm waiting for a call back now from this auto wrecker in Manitoba who has 3 complete LSJ motors but unclear if they can just sell the alternator bracket... waiting to be called back . I am very hopeful!!
No Prob. man
If they don't want to part out the 3 LSJ motors then keep looking under the alternator category. There has got to be some yard out there that picked apart an LSJ motor for spare parts. After all the LSJ has been around since 05
When you ask for the alt. bracket they will likely want to sell you the whole alternator with bracket but the price is still better than going to the GM dealership.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by pacific cobalt
No Prob. man
If they don't want to part out the 3 LSJ motors then keep looking under the alternator category. There has got to be some yard out there that picked apart an LSJ motor for spare parts. After all the LSJ has been around since 05
When you ask for the alt. bracket they will likely want to sell you the whole alternator with bracket but the price is still better than going to the GM dealership.
I wouldn't mind an LSJ alternator... FYI, got a call back from the one junkyard I was looking at -- no dice .. so I'll have to keep looking!!!

EDIT::: Does anyone think that running the 2.8 pulley & stage 2 belt to be a little excessive on stock internals??? Just thinking because I can trade up for the 3.1 pulley & stock LSJ belt but I don't know... need thoughts???

Last edited by RobHole; 05-12-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Sent you an email on the items. Parts people are stupid.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't mind an LSJ alternator... FYI, got a call back from the one junkyard I was looking at -- no dice .. so I'll have to keep looking!!!

EDIT::: Does anyone think that running the 2.8 pulley & stage 2 belt to be a little excessive on stock internals??? Just thinking because I can trade up for the 3.1 pulley & stock LSJ belt but I don't know... need thoughts???
i run a 2.9 just fine...though if you run a 2.8, you should be using 60lb injectors.. BTW, the LSJ alternator isnt a direct swap, and you'll still need the alternator bracket anyway....so it would be a waste of cash
Old 05-12-2009, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
i run a 2.9 just fine...though if you run a 2.8, you should be using 60lb injectors.. BTW, the LSJ alternator isnt a direct swap, and you'll still need the alternator bracket anyway....so it would be a waste of cash
It's ok... Gene Culley is hooking me up with the remainder of the parts that I need, brand new at a good rate compared to what a dealer wants to charge ... I should be ready to do this, all I'm waiting on now is a CSS member to send me his ZZP Adjustable tensioner & idler pulley ... 60 pounders eh? damn... hmm... I only have a 3.1 and a 2.8... nothing inbetween ... I wonder if anyone would be willing to trade a 2.8 for a 2.9 or 3.0... OR if I should just run the 2.8 on the 42 #'ers.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:07 PM

UPDATE::: All parts (minus gauges) HAVE BEEN PURCHASED!!! Should all hopefully be in Washington by next Friday latest... if not then I may need to wait 1 more weekend to supercharge .
Old 05-13-2009, 07:04 PM

Talking

Thanks for the opportunity to earn your business. We'll get you taken care of.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:42 PM

UPDATE::: All parts (minus gauges) HAVE BEEN PURCHASED!!! Should all hopefully be in Washington by next Friday latest... if not then I may need to wait 1 more weekend to supercharge .
if it is after june 1st, we will need the special id things to get across the border....let me know when we are looking...
this mo memorial day weekend i have a 4 day weekend
Old 05-13-2009, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
if it is after june 1st, we will need the special id things to get across the border....let me know when we are looking...
this mo memorial day weekend i have a 4 day weekend
hopefully all the parts will be at your place not this weekend but the one after.. if they are there before that friday... then i'll be heading down friday night to grab tuning cable and software from vince then I will be grabbing as many parts as possible from your place (and I'll get you to write me a receipt please ) and I'll drive em up.. the rest you can take up plz plz & thanks
Old 05-13-2009, 08:30 PM

hopefully all the parts will be at your place not this weekend but the one after.. if they are there before that friday... then i'll be heading down friday night to grab tuning cable and software from vince then I will be grabbing as many parts as possible from your place (and I'll get you to write me a receipt please ) and I'll drive em up.. the rest you can take up plz plz & thanks
sounds good to me
Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM

Hunter, here is a question for you... how about wiring of the IAT2 sensor... do I need the pigtail from the LSJ for it? Also do I need to a 2/2.5 map bar or keep the stock one?

Last edited by RobHole; 05-14-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Ordered gauges!!!

One of my friends locally has an SS/SC that he bought an interceptor gauge for but according to the interceptor site & ZZP, there is a different part number for use on the 2.2/2.4... SS/SC says PT & 2.2/2.4 is CN..... is this 100% it won't work???

If so, then I'll have to buy one more gauge... definitely will be interceptor, I'll just have to pay more than I was anticipating.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:15 PM

yup, its a different gauge
Old 05-15-2009, 02:44 PM

Ordered gauges!!!

One of my friends locally has an SS/SC that he bought an interceptor gauge for but according to the interceptor site & ZZP, there is a different part number for use on the 2.2/2.4... SS/SC says PT & 2.2/2.4 is CN..... is this 100% it won't work???

If so, then I'll have to buy one more gauge... definitely will be interceptor, I'll just have to pay more than I was anticipating.
PT won't work, you have to get the CAN BUS series CN
The glowshift smoked lens gauges are hard to see during the day <<<Warning
I had one in my car a while back and even when the gauge was lighten it was hard to see the numbers on a sunny day
Old 05-15-2009, 03:09 PM

i bought those same gauges. they work tight and easy to install
Old 05-15-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by pacific cobalt
PT won't work, you have to get the CAN BUS series CN
The glowshift smoked lens gauges are hard to see during the day <<<Warning
I had one in my car a while back and even when the gauge was lighten it was hard to see the numbers on a sunny day
True but during the day I won't care as much about afr... boost, meh... I'll be enjoying my drive... I more care about it for the tuning perspective...

Originally Posted by stenguyen1
i bought those same gauges. they work tight and easy to install
Thanks for the heads up ... I found a coupon online that gave me $24 off PLUS they are having a sale so the gauges in total cost me $224 w/ 3 day shipping! ...

and DAMNIT on the interceptor... oh well... its not urgent for me so I'll leave the bottom slot empty for now until I can afford to fill it LOL.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:59 PM

True but during the day I won't care as much about afr... boost, meh... I'll be enjoying my drive... I more care about it for the tuning perspective...

Thanks for the heads up ... I found a coupon online that gave me $24 off PLUS they are having a sale so the gauges in total cost me $224 w/ 3 day shipping! ...

and DAMNIT on the interceptor... oh well... its not urgent for me so I'll leave the bottom slot empty for now until I can afford to fill it LOL.
send me that coupon lol
Old 05-15-2009, 05:18 PM

send me that coupon lol
http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/
you can use it on their website: 08shipping -- gives 10% off your purchase price.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 PM

gauges are in
we have:
boost
wideband
and all pieces and parts
Old 05-19-2009, 07:57 PM

yo can u make a master parts list...of all the parts you used on your build...

how much did u spend in all?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Talking

I have one going for mine for the 2.2 LAP (2009). I have spent $24xx, but I spent almost $500 in gauges and I have secondary air injection so I had to buy an LSJ downpipe and exhaust manifold.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:15 PM

i have spent about 5k on my car lol
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlackMachine
yo can u make a master parts list...of all the parts you used on your build...

how much did u spend in all?
I'll try to make a complete list as possible with part numbers & prices once everything is installed and final so I can give people an ACCURATE price to supercharge... none of this oh yeah, pay $1200 and you have a supercharger setup bs.... MOST setups will cost considerably more with things that are missed, such as tuning, gauges, pods/pillar, unlisted bolts... etc... list continues forgotten brackets, various sensors... the list grows!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:40 PM

do we have an estimate on when all parts should be here?? we sure we have all parts??? anything i need to check on parts wise???
Old 05-20-2009, 03:18 PM

do we have an estimate on when all parts should be here?? we sure we have all parts??? anything i need to check on parts wise???
We need bolts... so that we need to shop for.... other than that... we need some hoses which we can get locally & bolts can be purchased locally... mmm.... what else... AH yes, Gene is shipping the rest of my parts as a 2 day shipping so they should be there by Friday... mind if I stay the night tomorrow night down there Tom? I'll collect up as much parts as I can bring back, get you to write me up a gift receipt hehe...Then I'll head back up here and starting taking my car apart!!! Wait for you on Saturday night/Sunday and we'll throw the supercharger on!

Quick Reply: 2006 Pontiac Pursuit 2.2L build going supercharged...