2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

7 days and parts aren't in?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 days and parts aren't in?!?!

A couple questions for those who ordered the GMPP intake and exhaust:

How long did it take for your parts to get to the dealership?

It has been 7 days for me and I have left 3 messages over the last two days and no one has called me back yet!!

I have tomorrow off so I'm going to go down to my dealership to find out what is going on, but wtf!

The problem is I bought the car from the dealership in the area with the Costco program, even though my dad works at a Chevy dealer (slightly better deal). He said they have extra intakes and exhausts on a daily basis just lying around in parts dept.

What would you do if the parts "aren't in" by day 8?
Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 AM

Generally if there is a good demand. Items will be on backorder or add a couple extra days.

Dodge(who I work for) normally takes 3-4 days to arrive on special order items(when in stock). A good portion of our special parts are shipped directly from the vendor and not DaimlerChrysler warehouses. However, when I got my window deflectors from Chevrolet it took a week as they had to order them.

Just call every couple of days, but do not harrass. Wanting your product is one thing; however, parts and service workers do not like receiving several phone calls a day from the same person. Its irritating because we're on the phone than trying to find the parts. If you know what I mean. Go there and find out if nothing call back a couple days later.

They should offer to call you when they come in. That makes logical sense for us, but some dealerships won't. Blah.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM

Okay now I'm really pissed off!!

So I call my dealership again today and finally get through to the parts department.

They look for my parts under my stock number and don't find any. Okay np.

I then ask to transfer me to the guy who sold me the car. A lady picks up, Melissa something or other. I say "I was calling for Frank XXXXXX"(the guy who sold it to me). And she says, "Frank no longer works here." WTF

So I give her the story, had my parts ordered through Chevy my way, over a week ago, Frank told me 7 days for parts, blah, blah,blah.

Then she says that she doesn't have control of the order of the parts, its this accessories guy. AHHHHH.

But she says I will get a letter in the mail about two weeks after purchase of the car, telling me that my parts are in.

Looks like they have until next monday and then I'm going to my dad's work where they have extras of everything.

Last edited by Archie; 02-27-2007 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Archie
Okay now I'm really pissed off!!

So I call my dealership again today and finally get through to the parts department.

They look for my parts under my stock number and don't find any. Okay np.

I then ask to transfer me to the guy who sold me the car. A lady picks up, Melissa something or other. I say "I was calling for Frank XXXXXX"(the guy who sold it to me). And she says, "Frank no longer works here." WTF

So I give her the story, had my parts ordered through Chevy my way, over a week ago, Frank told me 7 days for parts, blah, blah,blah.

Then she says that she doesn't have control of the order of the parts, its this accessories guy. AHHHHH.

But she says I will get a letter in the mail about two weeks after purchase of the car, telling me that my parts are in.

Looks like they have until next monday and then I'm going to my dad's work where they have extras of everything.
if your dads dealership has extra everything, why would you bother ordering from a different dealer?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 AM

It was with the Chevy My Way program. $1000 free accessories with purchase of a new chevy, and the dealer you buy the car from has to install the chevymyway parts. I bought from the other dealership cause they had the costco autobuy program, better % rates.

Okay so I talked to the Accessories manager later today who said that thursday is when they should be in. But they had just been ordered yesterday, Monday. That is exactly 7 days after I bought the car. By law the loan has to go through in 3 days, so that was 4 days to get paperwork from the finance office to the accessory dept.

Oh well, at least the parts will be here in 2 more days.
I feel a little better now.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM

Took me 7 weeks to get my GMPP exhaust from the dealer, but I wasn't too mad because I got it below wholesale cost
Old 08-17-2007, 10:47 PM

GM was sold out of CAI for the cobalts when i went up there so they had to buy from some atlanta source and it only took 2 days for me....
and yes i guess them being sold out was a good thing..
Old 08-17-2007, 10:51 PM

It took my dealer a couple of weeks to get all of my parts in also. It was worth the wait though.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha that is actually pretty funny... I wonder if he got his parts and everything ok
Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 PM

well he has the mods listed in his sig... I'd have burned the dealership down if I had to wait 6 months for an intake and exhaust. But then I have anger issues
Old 08-22-2007, 09:48 PM

Yeah, got my parts.

It was kinda funny actually. I had called the dealer that day, and they said that they wouldn't be there for at least 5 business days. Then they called me the next day and said they were in. Kinda like the parts dept didn't feel like telling me they were there. Probably didn't want me coming in late in the evening to have them installed.

And as you can see, I have a couple other mods now too.