2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Air box question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scout01
Today I went and ran my car hard and wanted to see if the custom filter cover would hinder the car in any way and it ran very well. No dust in the filter. engine tep was just a couple of degrees less then normal.

I will see how it runs later this week.

isn't the air NOT running through the filter though?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is his step son. I can back him up on his car. his car isnt a qucik car, it is just fast. yes and the ss/sc cobalt does take time to get to 140 and has about 100hp more yea your correct but his car, was rondomly put together from factory, the car only had 20 miles on it when bought. It didint have the stock tails, by that i mean that it came with the 2007 ss sedan tails istead of those four circle . If your lt or base model cobalt came with perelli tires than i guess you were as lucky as him. Also his car has no governor what so ever. Gps installed has recorded his top speed at 138 when i was in it and still had more, rpms were only at 5k. Also have ppl around town that can vouch for this car spanking bmw and civics all day long so, if any one was to talk **** than go head we know whats true and whats not. And he is older than you and has no ******* reason to lie. Also if he has stickers that give him about 15hp how much do your paintedf calipers give you, must be like VTEC just wondering
Old 06-03-2007, 12:25 AM

This is his step son. I can back him up on his car. his car isnt a qucik car, it is just fast. yes and the ss/sc cobalt does take time to get to 140 and has about 100hp more yea your correct but his car, was rondomly put together from factory, the car only had 20 miles on it when bought. It didint have the stock tails, by that i mean that it came with the 2007 ss sedan tails istead of those four circle . If your lt or base model cobalt came with perelli tires than i guess you were as lucky as him. Also his car has no governor what so ever. Gps installed has recorded his top speed at 138 when i was in it and still had more, rpms were only at 5k. Also have ppl around town that can vouch for this car spanking bmw and civics all day long so, if any one was to talk **** than go head we know whats true and whats not. And he is older than you and has no ******* reason to lie. Also if he has stickers that give him about 15hp how much do your paintedf calipers give you, must be like VTEC just wondering
lol ok kid what are you talking about lol. if that was directed to me i do not have painted calipers lol. and we have VVT lol. go grab his manual and read up before you start running your mouth lol. so let me get this straight his car isnt quick its just fast? if its not quick how can he spank bmws all day lol. If it is running like this, take your car to the track. and put up some slips, lets see what it runs. put your slips where your mouth is
Old 06-03-2007, 12:41 AM

It was not directed to you the comment was directed to D4. Sorry! By the way I have spanked BMWs 325i's and civic hatch backs. Most of the wins were from handling not striaght aways.

I have also won against V6 Blazers also. Not really a challenge, but it is a V6. My step son is correct the car is not real quick but the climbing speed is great. One other thing, I will never race for money or anything else just RESPECT. I love to drive and drive VERY FAST. Straight aways I will get beat, but I usually race by handling, oh and if I do race straight aways its with a roll. I do pretty good that way to. Again sorry about the miscommunication.
Peace out!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:08 AM

hahaha, not a civic hatchback, the cobalts arch enemy! a v6 blazer, what year?condition and such, you might have beaten a blazer, but perhaps the truck isnt made for racing, so whats the point of bragging about it? my car is complete stock 2door ls 05 5spd, and i beat v6 all the time, mainly because theyr old, or the drivers just suck, mx-3's and precedias,everyone look at me and talk about me, ive beaten a v6 and mi stock , ill get some videos of my going 213 MPH on the highway, and i am stock, besides my coffee stains and holes in my floor mats, makes me go real fast,we dont care what youll race for weather it be money respect or other cars, but in any way, will you not get any respect here, you have a kid and you say gotta blaze? wish my dad was like that. and if you get a video of you beating a beamer, ill give you my car, straight away turns however you want to make it, but try and do us a favor and tell the truth?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 AM

First of all there are some of you kids that can race NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. NOW, there are others they need to get some road underneath them. I have been racing since I was 16, and I have lost a lot of races and I have won a lot more.

I am not bragging I am just making a point. I came on this forum to get some advise on some modifications for my new little toy. The Cobalt is a little fire cracker that a lot of racer under estimate. I have been in the car business 12 years and not once have I ever worked on a car. I always had other buddies work on my cars. SO, me being on this forum was to meet and learn not argue with kids that got there money from there parents or handed to them. I will congradulate the few that worked there ass off to earn there vehicles with sweat and hard work. Even though I am 39 I have a few buddies that are simaler ages and I shoot the **** and learn as much as I can about tunning.

I have seen about 20 vidoes on Cobalt ss racing different types of vehicles and out of the 20 races the cobalt has won 5 of them. Not good!!!! Main reason is the driver, the cobalt is really not made to be a drag car its built to handle turns and evasive manouvers. The car can handle like any import. Some of you probably know that and others well not sure what to say. I started this forum to learn what else I can do on modifying my car and find out why my cobalt is a little different then the normal LS. Ever since I mentioned what my car has done I have been told I lie and fabricate the abilities. "I DO NOT NEED TO LIE!" you want to beleive me great Thank You, if you do not that is your deal. I will have proof soon. Until then lets keep it straight and informative. NO BULL ****!!!!

LOL!!LOL!! I respect your opinion.

Last edited by scout01; 06-03-2007 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 AM

Well i live about 45 mins way from philly(philadelphia) and i try to get down there every friday, I havent lost a race yet in my ss 2.4 but thats because its mostly hatches there, and they are all terds. however i did race a BMW M3, i think it was like the 95-96ish? we were on a 4 lane high way at 3 in the morning, doing about 120 he couldnt pull away from me. i have been racing for about 4-5 years now and i have plenty of trophies that can prove it (most of it in my integra) So I mean im not saying your the best drive or am i, but im up there, and if it comes into turns i mean i have skills and LOTS of *****, some **** I shouldnt be doing but i have never even came close to an accident. call me Mr. Power lane Change. haha... still curious on your proof. your car should be limited, specially with it being auto.. unless someone cut the wire?
Old 06-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

It was not directed to you the comment was directed to D4. Sorry! By the way I have spanked BMWs 325i's and civic hatch backs. Most of the wins were from handling not striaght aways.

I have also won against V6 Blazers also. Not really a challenge, but it is a V6. My step son is correct the car is not real quick but the climbing speed is great. One other thing, I will never race for money or anything else just RESPECT. I love to drive and drive VERY FAST. Straight aways I will get beat, but I usually race by handling, oh and if I do race straight aways its with a roll. I do pretty good that way to. Again sorry about the miscommunication.
Peace out!!!
i never commented on the stickers giving you power. i think you had me confused with someone else.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:26 AM

I made the sticker comment.. I dont have my calipers painted yet but if i did and added stickers no car could ever touch me!! Id be blowing away bmw's all day.. But i mean my car aint very quick but its fast!!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:03 PM

My bad. The guy that did admitted that he said what he did.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you think a cold air intake is wide open....
and on that premise...you drilled holes in your airbox cover POST filter, to allow completley unfiltered air directly into your engine.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:15 PM

Haha you arent beating a BMW 325 on the twisties unless theres a midget driving who can see over the steering wheel and operate the pedals at the same time.

Cobalts handle just like 99% of other FWD cars....Like ****.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:16 PM

youll have to tell that to the cars it beat at the time attack event then.....
Old 06-03-2007, 12:24 PM

Son

I will tell you this Cobalt with the right suspension can and will out handle a BMW 325i. I have done twice with the same guy and once wth a guy out of town. You are correct it is all about the DRIVER!!!!!!!

All you importers that visit this forum, You get the right driver under the wheel of a SS Cobalt or a Cobalt that is modified correctly, do not under estimate.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG_Passion
Haha you arent beating a BMW 325 on the twisties unless theres a midget driving who can see over the steering wheel and operate the pedals at the same time.

Cobalts handle just like 99% of other FWD cars....Like ****.
i don't know what you're comparing the cobalt too, or where you got your information, but it's handling ability is what allows this car to smoke cars that are out of our league. the handling is quite impressive.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
youll have to tell that to the cars it beat at the time attack event then.....
Yes...The time attack cobalt is pretty amazing. It also has an unlimited budget and factory backing.

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
i don't know what you're comparing the cobalt too, or where you got your information, but it's handling ability is what allows this car to smoke cars that are out of our league. the handling is quite impressive.
Maybe the fact that I have owned a Cobalt. After owning 13 different cars I can say the only car the Cobalt truly handled better then was a 1985 Feiro with crazy understeer followed by snap oversteer. Maybe Im just spoiled by the AMG tuned suspension on the C32 or the E55....but yeah.

Last edited by AMG_Passion; 06-03-2007 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Banned

Yes...The time attack cobalt is pretty amazing. It also has an unlimited budget and factory backing.

Maybe the fact that I have owned a Cobalt. After owning 13 different cars I can say the only car the Cobalt truly handled better then was a 1985 Feiro with crazy understeer followed by snap oversteer. Maybe Im just spoiled by the AMG tuned suspension on the C32 or the E55....but yeah.
yea, and you have the stock base model.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 PM

haw haw
Old 06-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
yea, and you have the stock base model.
Im confused? Whats that supposed to mean? The suspension on my cobalt was modified, with aftermarket wheels and good tires. I tried out 3 different friend end alignments before I gave up and said screw it. So I just sold the car and bought the C32 AMG. Besides how can you beat 346 horsepower that drives like a benz.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

Im confused? Whats that supposed to mean? The suspension on my cobalt was modified, with aftermarket wheels and good tires. I tried out 3 different friend end alignments before I gave up and said screw it. So I just sold the car and bought the C32 AMG. Besides how can you beat 346 horsepower that drives like a benz.
i'm saying look at what you're comparing it to... how was the suspension modified?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 PM

Ok, but Ive also driven numerous BMW's and at on point owned a 525. I wouldnt put the cobalt up against a 5 series on the twisties either.

Springs, struts, and anti-roll bars. Combine with lightweight 18x8" wheels and Kuhmo Ecsta's
Old 06-03-2007, 01:08 PM

That is what I am saying!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM

This thread is horrible. No one believes you scout...
Old 06-03-2007, 01:16 PM

I will say to you like I would say to you if I raced you BYE, BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 05:39 PM

Hey Scout, I will gladly bring my cobalt over to Portage MI and show you how to drive your car. Then I'll laugh when you try to show me you can do a 140MPH in your cobalt.

I hope you suck a leaf in through that intake while we are racing too.

Quick Reply: Air box question?