Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whaaaat!?! A turbo-kit for $888???
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in the words of a great man...

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM

interesting.... but with it being universal, you would need alot more than that.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:17 PM

it looks like a decent kit lol anyone heard of this company b4?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
it's a generic kit using knock off parts. you'd prolly need to spend at least another grand in parts to make it work, only to end up with a PITA.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:21 PM

doesnt even have the manifold =\
Old 04-13-2008, 02:21 PM

yeah ive seen/heard of it b4.....was put in a sunfire and the car was made fun of because there's "no way a e-bay turbo kit could make a sunfure fast"...but i dont know for sure..just ppl talking smack as usual...
Old 04-13-2008, 02:24 PM

wouldnt buy that **** if someone gave me the money...

Generic bullshit, and every1 wonders y namebrand performance is so f-ing expensive nowadays...
Old 04-13-2008, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sschevy25
yeah ive seen/heard of it b4.....was put in a sunfire and the car was made fun of because there's "no way a e-bay turbo kit could make a sunfure fast"...but i dont know for sure..just ppl talking smack as usual...
well, it would be one thing as a starting point for a car where no kit was in production.

for example, if i wanted to boost my 81 BMW, i'd probably need something like that as a starting point for a not a whole lot of cash. but when pre-engineered stuff is already out there for a given platform, there are a lot of good reasons to go that way.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:31 PM

i agree joe....just ppl think that because its generic think right away its junk etc...you know not giving it a real chance...especially if you add to it...me personally i wouldny go and buy something like this tho....i'd go name brand/well known..etc
Old 04-13-2008, 02:31 PM

turbo mani and piggyback are big expenses... but its a start...
Old 04-13-2008, 03:26 PM

It looks shiney
Old 04-13-2008, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by sschevy25
i agree joe....just ppl think that because its generic think right away its junk etc...you know not giving it a real chance...especially if you add to it...me personally i wouldny go and buy something like this tho....i'd go name brand/well known..etc
i agree, namebrand is the way to go, but even if your short on cash you will never know the quality of the generic crap they sell. the internals on these turbos are crap, no ball bearings etc... would have to spend money on upgrading the turbo... why f*ck with it???

NAMEBRAND!!! if we all quit buying the crap knockoffs, the namebrand quality wont be so expensive!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
NAMEBRAND!!! if we all quit buying the crap knockoffs, the namebrand quality wont be so expensive!!!
Oh geeze did he just say that? Part of the reason NAMEBRAND equipment is so expensive is because everyone wants to buy the product because they know its quality. Knockoff parts can be just as good quality wise, but just not as well known....Take the AEM and INJEN intakes for our cars at 219+...all they are is tubes mandrel bent or single piece cast with a filter on one end and then the connector to our TBs, whereas the intake on jdmparts is 29.99
Or exhaust by pacesetter or borla or corsa, all made from the same amount of metal, still cost 5 times as much as materials and workmanship when you can buy it on ebay for half the price or less.

Brand names are expensive because they are popular. No one in the history of the free market has ever made their products cheaper because they got popular...otherwise gas would still be 60 cents a gallon....

Econ 101
Old 04-13-2008, 10:08 PM

wtf no manifold?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:09 PM

my favorite part of that ebay listing:

"All of turbo parts and accessories do need to modification in order to fits perfectly..."
Old 04-13-2008, 10:28 PM

that intercooler would probably fit pretty well in our balts...if you bolted it to the hood!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by avenger09123
Oh geeze did he just say that? Part of the reason NAMEBRAND equipment is so expensive is because everyone wants to buy the product because they know its quality. Knockoff parts can be just as good quality wise, but just not as well known....Take the AEM and INJEN intakes for our cars at 219+...all they are is tubes mandrel bent or single piece cast with a filter on one end and then the connector to our TBs, whereas the intake on jdmparts is 29.99
Or exhaust by pacesetter or borla or corsa, all made from the same amount of metal, still cost 5 times as much as materials and workmanship when you can buy it on ebay for half the price or less.

Brand names are expensive because they are popular. No one in the history of the free market has ever made their products cheaper because they got popular...otherwise gas would still be 60 cents a gallon....

Econ 101
x2....im takin Econ right now actually. And this is exaclty what we are learning right now. Its actually the smaller guy (aka generic brand) that suffers due to the big guy being so prosperous (sp?). And good point about the gas lol. Definatly feel like I should be takin Econ notes right now haha
Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Econ 101

yes the prices are high cuz of quality, but also cuz they CAN make them that high, you pay for what you get, and they know peole will buy their quality product instead of spending and spending on the cheap product that will break numerous times. i get the idea thanx for braking down economics to me i'm jst completely dumb, thankgod theres you.

theres more than one reason for the prices, i was simply pointing out one of the huge flaws in aftermarket knockoff industry...

not to contradict myself
but in a consumer market, people are buying the bargain brand not caring about quality, so in turn the cost of making and distributing the quality product stays the same, but have less sales which means the prices must rise because no one is buying the ****. businesses gotta stay in business, knockoffs drive up the prices of the quality products because they flood the market therefore less and less people are buying name brand anymore...

a few of the tuner mags have done the reports recently...
Old 04-13-2008, 11:46 PM

Econ 101
Agreed,

The big companies don't just throw a price out there. They do some research to see how high people are willing and able to go.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:50 PM

cobalt does not = JDM..... nuff said....
Old 04-14-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would never fit on our cars without heavy modification I would guess.

They probably tested it on a 91 civic hatch and it fit so they called it universal.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Econ 101
about that exhaust thing. why do i see so many people putting LSJ on. Why not goto a shop and they bend the pipe for you. the most expensive thing would probably be the cat/muffler and ****. I mean manifold back. i just went for the header right away. might aswell. not a shorty header.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM

otherwise gas would still be 60 cents a gallon....

Econ 101
Gas probably would be 60 cents only if the nation did not have a 7 trillion dollar debt. Back a few years ago when this debt was minimal, gasoline cost roughly 60 cents, the USD was worth ~1.25 to the dollar. Now the USD is worth ~.74 to the dollar. That's why prices of oil are skyrocketing. It's the value of the dollar driving up the price of oil, not the demand.

-Alex

Quick Reply: anyone ever heard of this lol